Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 07:48 PM

Default My (brief) testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Welcome, Harley!

How about sharing your testimony? Please?
I was six years old and my mother - at the time a Catholic - and we were attending an Independent, Fundamental Baptist Church in Southern California and needless to say the only Bible I ever knew existed was the King James Bible. The language was not too difficult for me, in school I was required to read from the "McGuffey Readers", I digress.

I do not remember all of the details; I only remember being terribly sorry one night and according to my mother inconsolable over the fact that Jesus died and that He died for me. He was the Son of God, and He died for me. He was perfect and without sin and He suffered horribly and died for me. Like the thief who hung next to Him, I believed then and know today that he is my Lord and Savior. My mother led me in the "Sinners Prayer" according to the custom and practice of that particular church and the next Sunday I asked to be baptised.

Do I believe that if I were to die today that I would be in heaven? Yes, without question or doubt.

Do I believe the Bible? Yes, without question or doubt.

How do I know ? I know because the Bible tells me so and because I just know. I once new a woman who used to say “I know it in my “know-er””. I know this to be true just as I know the sky is blue.

Last edited by Harley; 12-08-2008 at 07:50 PM. Reason: deleting HTML tags