View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Good question, and not only MOVE IT, but position it on a mountain top located at an elevation of over 12,000 feet.

I think there is some evidence there to suggest they possibly had some type of gravity lifts, electrical systems and/or a basic form of air transport. I saw a science toy in New York's Toy Fair about 10 years ago, which consisted of a magnetic device that suspended a spinning ball 5 inches off the base in mid air. I was able to put my hand under it and around it while it literally floated in air. The item was $100. Going back to the works of von Daniken (Chariots of the Gods, 1968) we have seen entire books written and cult followings based on these phenomenon. Certainly, there are a lot of quacks out there trying to make a buck off various "theories." And so the Bible believer must view all this material with discretion.

But, I don't think we have to stray far from the Bible to see something strange was going on in the Antediluvian age. Anyone who has ever heard Bro. Ruckman's commentary on the "flying roll" of Zechariah 5, or looked at the archeological elements like the Biomorphs and Geoglyphs of Nazca realizes it could be construed that modern man might not have been the first to take to the skies.

Even without gravity-countering technology or aircraft, some of the archeological evidence would be more easily explained if the men who moved these things were 10-15 feet tall (or bigger) and highly intelligent. That's what my other thread is all about.

All I am suggesting is there are some things in the ancient world (like the Nephilim) which we have only begun to understand and may never really know about until the Lord shows us later.

"...The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:32-33

Here are a couple of links from my other thread:
http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_5b3.htm
http://www.sacredsites.com/americas/...iahuanaco.html
I don't believe an anti-gravity device is possible. Perhaps through the use of magnetics they could accomplish this feat, but that is a stretch. But anywho, I do believe that these beings had technology that would seem out of place if discovered by archaeologists today, but nothing to far stretch. Look at the giant Goliath and the technology he wore when he went to fight against Israel.

1 Samuel 17:4-7 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span. And he had an helmet of brass upon his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail; and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of brass. And he had greaves of brass upon his legs, and a target of brass between his shoulders. And the staff of his spear was like a weaver's beam; and his spear's head weighed six hundred shekels of iron: and one bearing a shield went before him.

This was one of those giants, but you don't seem him with anything to out of place (although I am curious if mail was an armor type in use back then). Another thing that I can't seem to make sense of is the brass. You posted a link on baptists1611 with that iron hammer that lacked any bubbles. Truly a remarkable find, that I would like to look into more. But here is the kicker, if these monsters could work iron that was stronger than ours (because if it lacked bubbles it would be much stronger than our iron) why on earth would it armor itself in brass? But then this brings us to the spears head. Do we know that iron was in use back then? Clearly this creature had access to iron. Maybe it was extremely rare, and thats why only his spear was made out of it (iron was very expensive and hard to get ahold of even in the iron age and was reserved for the most critical parts of weapons and armor).

Peace and Love,
Stephen

EDIT: On second thought, I don't think 'chain' mail was around back then, but if you look at the breast piece that the High Priests wore in the Temple, then it would lead me to believe that this sort of mail was used elsewhere. This of course is all speculation on my part.