View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 AM

Default Quotes from the back of my Bible

Over the last few years, I have been compiling quotes in the back empty pages of my Bible. They have mostly come from preachers' sermons, and I find myself quickly writing them down before I forget them. Last year my mother gave me a booklet she had made comprised of all the quotes that she had jotted down over the years in her Bible. (I guess that is where I got the idea.)

I'm sure she and I are not the only ones fond of good "one-liners" about the Christian life, so I thought I'd post a few of my favorites, and hope y'all will return the favor with a few of your own.

P.S. I despise the "corny" ones that are so common on church signs nowadays so please spare me the agony. Make sure there is real substance - I'm sure you know what I mean.

1. If God loved you right now the way you love Him right now, where would you be?

2. Without me, God is still God. Without God, I am nothing.

3. God's will is a discipline before it's a direction.

4. God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

5. If you're looking for more than what the Book says, the devil will be sure to help you find it.

6. Character is forcing yourself to do what you don't want to do.

7. If the blood of Jesus Christ isn't enough, what good will ____________ (water, works, etc.) do?

8. That Book hasn't got any bottom!

10. God gave you the whole thing ahead of time, and it's on your lap, right in front of your face - READ IT!

11. The fruit of the Spirit grows in the garden of obedience.

12. God simply must be served. (AMEN)

13. It's in complete freedom that folks forget the Lord.

14. Every heresy in this age is the truth misplaced.

15. God won't put pressure on you, the devil will.