View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanos
I really have so much more to say about this, but it's late and it would be all over the place. I really would like to come back to the subject of Peter Ruckman, but more importantly, his preaching style, which is often times the cause of the attacks against him. Let me finish by saying, that without a doubt, these limpwrist armchair critics of Peter Ruckman are in error.
Brother, I wouldn't say that the style of his preaching is what makes people crazy, it's the context: they can't handle the truth.

A preacher can blast me with Scripture: if I deserve it, I feel guilty and repent, and if not, it doesn't bother me a bit! Those that get so upset over Brother Ruckman, or any 'fiery' preacher, have a 'heart' problem.

When people get all bent out of shape over how Brother Ruckman calls it like it is, I remember how upset the Pharisees were over how Jesus preached...
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites", "...ye blind guides..", "...ye fools...", "...Ye serpents...", "...ye generation of vipers..." (Matthew 23)

Jesus didn't mince words, either.