AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bible Versions (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Does God hates Online Bible? (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1140)

Fredoheaven 04-08-2009 04:23 PM

Does God hates Online Bible?

Job of old stated that his "...words were now written!Oh,that they were printed in a book" Job 19:23. Prophet Isaiah said "Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read; no one of these shall fail, none shall want of her mate; for my moutn, it hath commanded, and his Spirit, it hath gathered them." (Isaiah 34:16). I Know God hath blessed us with the majestic book from 1611 up to now, the book we own and the book that is worth fighting for. Is this book of the LORD that we ought to read, that not one of these shall fail, will now be replaced by online or internet based books?Are Christian no longer hunger and read for the old book? Does God really hates online bible? :RunToKJB: or :typing: ?

Jude 25

Diligent 04-08-2009 08:01 PM

I can't figure out what it is you're asking. Do you think that publishing a book in electronic form, like the Bible, makes it "not a book?"

Cody1611 04-08-2009 09:09 PM

I really doubt God hates His word being put on computer for people to read online. I have led people to the Lord via internet, showing the scriptures to them online, so unless it's changing the text, I don't see anything wrong with online King James Bibles.

bibleprotector 04-08-2009 10:41 PM

When the Scripture contained the word "publish", that included the yet unknown realm of electronic digital communication.

Ps*68:11 The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it.

Isa*52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

A book does not require paper and binding to be a book. Many books are available now online, including the Bible, which are books indeed. In short, a "volume" does not have to be restricted to a physical form.

Also, the word "book" describes various forms, because when the Bible talks about a book, sometimes a roll or scroll is being used, not paper or parchment bound leafs. Also, the Bible uses the word "book" to mean a set of information, which means the contents, as in, "the book of the generations of Adam", etc.

We have the book of books today in many copies, in our KJB, which is exactly the same as what was first written in inspiration, though it is now in English.

tonybones2112 04-08-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody1611 (Post 17918)
I really doubt God hates His word being put on computer for people to read online. I have led people to the Lord via internet, showing the scriptures to them online, so unless it's changing the text, I don't see anything wrong with online King James Bibles.

I concede movable type did replace manual writing of everything. Radio was supposed to have replaced the book, TV was supposed to have replaced the book and radio, and computers with the internet is supposed to replace everything. The computer is a filing cabinet and nothing more, the internet is a form of communication. A book don't require electricity other than the artificial lighting to read it in darkness. The most efficient cutting tool there is is the laser, and it will never replace the knife. The book will always be here.

Grace and peace

Tony

Fredoheaven 04-10-2009 06:42 AM

Thanks to all

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diligent (Post 17917)
I can't figure out what it is you're asking. Do you think that publishing a book in electronic form, like the Bible, makes it "not a book?"

Well, I have to be honest, I'd like all your comment. Sure I do, like Cody1611, God can use internet to led one for the Saviour and so long it will be an online KJV is ok. Thanks, and thanks but one thing is lacking: I don't have a free bible software that is reliable to help me in my study of God Word....hehehe:)

Jude 25
fredoheaven@yahoo.com
fredsites.weebly.com

peopleoftheway 04-10-2009 07:13 AM

http://www.swordsearcher.com/

Get the trial Brother for 30 days, you never know how the Lord will bless you after the 30 days:)

Tmonk 04-10-2009 07:48 AM

Using software can make Bible study quite fast indeed. If you use it for nothing but searches it will pay off.

JOHN G 04-10-2009 08:06 AM

Grace and peace,

E-Sword has been an awesome blessing to me.
http://www.e-sword.net/

Mat 7:29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

peopleoftheway 04-10-2009 09:44 AM

Sword searcher is a much better piece of software, not to knock e-sword but as this is the forum of the Man who created sword searcher I personally endorse sword searcher having used both. Sword searcher being much more accessible and with much more to explore and study with.