AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prayer Requests (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   We have H1N1 here (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1283)

chette777 05-25-2009 05:46 AM

We have H1N1 here

I have been sick with the flu for about a week. it turns out H1N1 is here and affecting many people. I have made it through the crucial time. My respiratory is not doing well but it seems it wont develop into pneumonia at this time.

the secret is the day you get it find a good cough and cold medication with an antihistamine, keep from breathing cool or cold air. (I kept a hanky over my face as I slept or lay down. I ate very little solid food (if you do you will just toss it up anyway. drink and eat liquids, jello or nothing this will keep you from dehydrating. and then pray and sweat it out. my fever average was 101-104 for most of the time. Only today has my fever lowered but only to 100.

we stocked up on medication for everyone here as they begin to show signs. funny thing though not everybody exposed to it is getting it. there are four confirmed cases including mine. I am still fighting it.

so keep our household and church members up in prayer. I preached Sunday from a scant outline (i couldn't think much). It went well despite my being very sick. He was strong and I was weak.

thanks

peopleoftheway 05-25-2009 06:16 AM

Praying for you brother, we have some flu here in our household but not nearly as bad as what you describe.

God Bless you and yours

PS Im still working on the website, hard drive crash lost all the weeks work I had already done (backup was on another partition on same drive) :(
I lost all the scripture designs I had done also, but the website will be even better than the first one.

Fredoheaven 05-25-2009 03:49 PM

Bro. Chette,

Praying for you of your health. Me and my wife and other two members of our church and even our Pastor is sick. Please pray for us also. Thanks

Jassy 05-26-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredoheaven (Post 20636)
Bro. Chette,

Praying for you of your health. Me and my wife and other two members of our church and even our Pastor is sick. Please pray for us also. Thanks

Bro Fredoheaven, I'm praying for you and your wife and the other members of your church. So far, no sickness here.

Jassy 05-26-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chette777 (Post 20596)
I have been sick with the flu for about a week. it turns out H1N1 is here and affecting many people. I have made it through the crucial time. My respiratory is not doing well but it seems it wont develop into pneumonia at this time.

the secret is the day you get it find a good cough and cold medication with an antihistamine, keep from breathing cool or cold air. (I kept a hanky over my face as I slept or lay down. I ate very little solid food (if you do you will just toss it up anyway. drink and eat liquids, jello or nothing this will keep you from dehydrating. and then pray and sweat it out. my fever average was 101-104 for most of the time. Only today has my fever lowered but only to 100.

we stocked up on medication for everyone here as they begin to show signs. funny thing though not everybody exposed to it is getting it. there are four confirmed cases including mine. I am still fighting it.

so keep our household and church members up in prayer. I preached Sunday from a scant outline (i couldn't think much). It went well despite my being very sick. He was strong and I was weak.

thanks

Bro Chette, I'm praying for you! That doesn't sound like fun at all!!! I'll pray for your church members as well. I hope you're feeling stronger and better soon!

Jassy

Fredoheaven 05-26-2009 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy (Post 20677)
Bro Fredoheaven, I'm praying for you and your wife and the other members of your church. So far, no sickness here.

Sis Jassy, thanks for your prayer and concern. God bless you...

chette777 05-26-2009 05:09 AM

We are praying that this flu goes by and it is not as bad as it seems. if they would have recorded the number of people who died last year from any flu it seem pandemic. It is just a bad flu if you have previous medical condition it does seem to use that weakness in your body to really debilitate.

today my fever stayed around 100 and the body aches are really bad. but my lungs are better and I can eat more.

bondservant40 06-03-2009 02:08 PM

Praying for you Chette. Please keep us updated as to how you and your family are doing.
God bless you

biblereader 06-03-2009 02:22 PM

I read on some forum, that the only people who have gotten vaccinations for flu, in the past 4 years are susceptible to the h1n1 strain.
Have you been getting flu shots?
I quit taking them a few years ago. They never did any good, anyways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chette777 (Post 20596)

thanks

biblereader 06-03-2009 02:23 PM

How are you doing now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chette777 (Post 20691)
We are praying that this flu goes by and it is not as bad as it seems. if they would have recorded the number of people who died last year from any flu it seem pandemic. It is just a bad flu if you have previous medical condition it does seem to use that weakness in your body to really debilitate.

today my fever stayed around 100 and the body aches are really bad. but my lungs are better and I can eat more.

Bro. Parrish 06-03-2009 03:11 PM

Chette I hope and pray you are feeling better soon...

Jassy 06-03-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblereader (Post 21513)
I read on some forum, that the only people who have gotten vaccinations for flu, in the past 4 years are susceptible to the h1n1 strain.
Have you been getting flu shots?
I quit taking them a few years ago. They never did any good, anyways.

Sis, in my case, that seems to be true. I haven't gotten the flu for many many years and I rarely get colds or any other illness and, if I do, it's a very LIGHT version that only lasts a brief time. The most recent time I got a flu shot, probably 20 years ago, I got terribly ILL - from the SHOT!!! I was fine before the shot - and ever since then I've refused to get a shot and I've felt fine. No flu illnesses whatsoever.

Jassy

greenbear 06-03-2009 07:10 PM

Same here, Jassy. I hardly ever get sick. I caught a flu a few months ago that was going around and I only felt a tiny bit under the weather for one evening. I stay away from doctors and their shots, vaccines, drugs and tests. I feel a lot safer that way!:D

magicref 07-03-2009 09:12 AM

Similar Experience

Jassy wrote: > The most recent time I got a flu shot, probably 20 years ago, I got terribly ILL - from the SHOT!!!

I had the same thing happen. I had to get a flu shot when I was in the Air Force and then seemed to get sick every year for several years after that. Never too bad, but I never used to get sick at all before that. I blame it on the shot, but I guess I don't really know.

We just had the flu go around our house (we homeschool). We didn't go to the Dr. so I don't know if it was H1N1 or not, but thankfully we could keep everyone home. My two youngest had the throwing up and all, but my oldest son just got the nose and the coughing, as did I. My wife somehow seems to have escaped it all!

We just took lots of Vitamin C, D, Coloidal Silver (when it was at its worst), garlic, and Acidopholus (don't know if my spellings are right!), and drank lots of water. Seemed to do the trick!

Doug A.

Biblestudent 07-04-2009 01:21 AM

H1N1 has been here in our city and village, too. In fact just in the next block, there was a "case".
But people here are more afraid of dengue than H1N1.