AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bible Studies (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   " Christian TV Stars" (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528)

atlas 09-26-2008 09:10 AM

" Christian TV Stars"

Guys,

As I have stated in another post Christian TV is a joke. Let's look at a Good 'ole boy from Fort Worth Texas. I lived there for four years and know all about this scum bag

Kenneth Copeland nets $100,000,000.00 per year, yep that's right ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR.

Now what dose the " man of God " do with this money? Well first of all you buy your own plane, well it's really a jet. What good is a jet without your own airport, well if you are Kenneth Copeland, it's worthless. The jet only cost $20 million. So he had his own air port built. Kenneth Copeland likes motor cycles, this is not a real issue. You can like motor cycles. There is nothing wrong with that in it's self. So here is the problem " Kenny " owns 57, yes that is right 57 motor cycles. Some of them with a price tag of over $100,000.00. We all know " God's man needs to ride his bike in style. Why not own classic Harley Davidson bikes? " Kenny has many of them. If you keep sending money maybe you can help " Kenny " get a few more nice bikes to ride on his 250 acre ranch just out side of Fort Worth Texas. God only knows what his land is worth. " Kenny " goes on high priced hunting trips, he also vacations on " missionary trips " to Hawaii, I'm sure the Hawaiians need to hear about the Lord. So " Kenny goes to " share " the gospel with them. Well " Kenny thanks for " sharing. "

You should see his house. I know many do not believe in the " prosperity gospel, " but 'ole " Kenny " lives it. With a home, jets and 57 motor cycles. The " prosperity gospel " is doing " Kenny " just and dandy. You'd think he'd open a homeless shelter in Ft. Worth, or give money to churches, oh no not " Kenny " " Kenny may tell you to " sow a seed of faith " while at the same time " Kenny " never sows any " seeds of faith. "

Kenny is just one of the many " Christian TV Stars " in the world today. I just happen to know all about " Kenny " because I used to street preach and pass out tracts at Billy Bob's ( the largest honky tonk in the world, located in Ft. Worth Texas ) and " Kenny's son " John or " Johnny " as I call him used to heckle me when he came by.

Go see the jet, you may want one of your own. Read the whole story, it's funny in a way and sad in a way. Sadly they do not say anything about the 57 motor cycles of the multi million dollar home.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...t.87be631.html

Let me add this. Having money and being rich is just fine, as long as you earn the money. " Kenny " has just begged the money off of others in the name of God.

Atlas

peopleoftheway 09-26-2008 09:29 AM

1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
Psalms 32:10
Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.

To emphasise what a brother that recently emailed me about "Christian" celebrities, I myself am also very dubious of those that are of "celebrity" status, for The LORD Jesus Christ Himself was of no reputation.

Philippians 2:6
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

I have more respect for those that are Humbled and of no worth, that are teaching and preaching in the poorest regions of the World and at home, and serving the LORD not serving the dollar bill.

atlas 09-26-2008 09:42 AM

People,

You are 100% correct my friend.

Quote:

I have more respect for those that are Humbled and of no worth, that are teaching and preaching in the poorest regions of the World and at home, and serving the LORD not serving the dollar bill.
When I was passing out tracts one Friday night at Billy Bob's and John Copeland " Kenny's son " started to heckle me. I started preaching on what a pack of liars and scum bags the Copeland's were. Even the drunks started saying " amen brother. " They were chanting me on, and saying " tell it like it is preacher. " A few tried to give me money, I said no thanks give it to the Salvation Army, some good church or something like that. Even the Fort Worth Policemen liked it. Sinners know the truth when they hear it. After that I was always welcomed at Billy Bob's and the drunks always defended me if some guy was trying to mess with me or heckle me. Even sinners know the truth when they hear it.

This is why we always need to have the guts to stand up and tell the truth. Sinners will even respect you when you tell the truth. If you will tell any man the truth, most will respect you and defend you. Sadly many preachers have forgotten this truth.

Atlas

Jeremy 09-26-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlas (Post 8467)
Guys,

As I have stated in another post Christian TV is a joke. Let's look at a Good 'ole boy from Fort Worth Texas. I lived there for four years and know all about this scum bag

Kenneth Copeland nets $100,000,000.00 per year, yep that's right ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR.Atlas

Ahhh! The new improved Jim Bakker,Joel Osteen,Rick warren,Kenneth Copeland and wife,The 500 club, Perry Stone,Joyce Meyers,TD Jakes,Joseph prince.
I have given these people the benefit of the doubt,eventually they start speaking on Tongues,Healing,Money,Being Anointed or the great sermons about how you can't out give God.

Not trying to be judgemental, maybe a little discerning

peopleoftheway 09-26-2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 8471)
Ahhh! The new improved Jim Bakker,Joel Osteen,Rick warren,Kenneth Copeland and wife,The 500 club, Perry Stone,Joyce Meyers,TD Jakes,Joseph prince.
I have given these people the benefit of the doubt,eventually they start speaking on Tongues,Healing,Money,Being Anointed or the great sermons about how you can't out give God.

Not trying to be judgemental, maybe a little discerning

Dont forget Brother it is our Job, as Bible believing, God Fearing Christians to expose false prophets. Take for example of recent months, Todd Bently, this man claims to "speak IN PERSON" with Jesus, he claims to have been transported to heaven and have "boxes of truth" inserted into his stomach, because the LORD did not have time to raise up a prophet such as Moses, he claims healing in the name of JESUS, by kicking old women in the face, kicking colon cancer patients in the stomach and wrestling and headbutting people to the ground, yet through all this people STILL go to lakeland to watch this charade. Woe to them, woe to him.

atlas 09-26-2008 12:26 PM

People,

Quote:

Dont forget Brother it is our Job, as Bible believing, God Fearing Christians to expose false prophets.

You are 100% correct. Jesus exposed them in his day, so did Paul, John, Peter and all of the other real men of God in the Bible. Jesus and the others called them wolves, snakes, liars, and many other names. Jesus even ran them out of God's house by force over the money issue. This was the stand of Jesus Christ. Jesus took bold stand opposed to false prophets trying to make money off of God's people. We also need to take this stand. It is bold, but we must look to our example, and ask the question, " What would Jesus do? If he were here what would he say about men like Kenneth Copeland? He'd say that " Kenny " is wolf, liar, snake, and false prophet. Jesus would run that wolf right out of God's house in a New York minute. That wolf would get beat with a whip like the wolves of Jesus day got it. You guys think I'm rough, go see what Jesus did to those snakes and liars.

If you will also notice Jesus was ALWAYS nice to normal folks and sinners. You never see Jesus being mean to any sinner. He showed the sinners love, and treated them with respect. Look at the woman at the well for an example. he was very kind to her. Jesus was hard on false prophets, yet he was as sweet and nice as could be with the lost. This is our example. Expose the wolves and try to win sinners to the Lord with kindness.

Atlas

Scott Simons 09-26-2008 01:55 PM

What is sad if anyone was legitimate all these flip flam men would discredit them, prefect Coprointel. Devil knows what he is doing, in his prefect wickness.