AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prayer Requests (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kidney Stone (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861)

Cody1611 01-04-2009 06:16 PM

Kidney Stone

This morning towards the end of church a sharp pain hit me in my lower belly. I told my girlfriend I needed to go because it started getting worse and worse and I couldn't keep still in my seat. So, I left church, got in my car..barely made it to my grandmas because it was so hard to drive and experience all that pain at the same time. When I got to my grandmas I got my dad to drive me to ER and had to wait 20 minutes still for them to give me something for the pain. It was absolutely the worst pain I had experienced in my life. Anyways, they found out that it was a kidney stone. I've yet to pass the stone and I heard it hurts a lot, so please pray that I will be able to bear it when it does comes out.

Thanks for your prayers and God bless

Here Am I 01-04-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody1611 (Post 14028)
This morning towards the end of church a sharp pain hit me in my lower belly. I told my girlfriend I needed to go because it started getting worse and worse and I couldn't keep still in my seat. So, I left church, got in my car..barely made it to my grandmas because it was so hard to drive and experience all that pain at the same time. When I got to my grandmas I got my dad to drive me to ER and had to wait 20 minutes still for them to give me something for the pain. It was absolutely the worst pain I had experienced in my life. Anyways, they found out that it was a kidney stone. I've yet to pass the stone and I heard it hurts a lot, so please pray that I will be able to bear it when it does comes out.

You've got my prayers, of course, brother. I posted some advice for you over at baptist1611.com. :)

Forrest 01-04-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody1611 (Post 14028)

:sorry:

I've had two...and yes it's bad. To quote Long John Silver from Treasurer Island, "Them's that dies will be the lucky ones!"

Passing the stone is not as bad as what you've already endured. :thumb:
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Gord 01-04-2009 07:47 PM

They can smash that stone with ultra sound, to make the bits you pass a lot less painful.
My prayers for your comfort and recovery my brother.

stephanos 01-04-2009 08:29 PM

I'm praying for you brother. Take care of yourself.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen

kittn1 01-04-2009 08:55 PM

praying for you, brother Cody!

Yes, take care of yourself!

JaeByrd 01-05-2009 01:22 AM

Praying.

Water: Typically, kidney stones are caused by dehydration. If you live in an area with hot, humid weather ( or where clean water is hard to find) your odds of getting kidney stones are increased. - drinking water will help in passing a stone also.

Citric Acid: Lemons are potent with citric acid? And citric acids and lemons have been known to dissolve hard materials, even stones. Squeeze a lemon into your water for flavor and dissolving properties.

Cranberries: Cranberry juice concentrate can maintain the urinary tract which will help prevent kidney stone formation. - Since kidney stones run in my family I use cranberry supplements in a pill form. Concentrate is too strong for me since I don't consume a lot of sugar.

Sugar: A diet high in sugar is associated with a higher risk of kidney stones. Stay away from sugary drinks and foods.

Of course some people are just prone to stones despite the best of diets. Praying this is a one time thing that is soon over for you.

Cody1611 01-05-2009 06:54 PM

Thanks for the advise and prayers.

stephanos 01-05-2009 07:12 PM

Happy birthday Cody. I hope that despite your medical predicament, that you enjoy this day, pain free.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen

illusionznc 01-05-2009 10:35 PM

You have my heartfelt prayers brother! The Lord will see you through this! :amen:

George 01-06-2009 07:56 PM

Hey Cody,
I can sympathize with you, I had Kidney surgery in 1975 and got cut in half. I had a stone in my ureter (almost blocking it) and one over and inch long in my kidney. Whenever I bent down I pierced my kidney and made it bleed. It definitely was no fun.

I was put on medication and a lot of cranberry juice. When we returned to Kauai I found that I was six weeks pregnant and thanked My Lord that I did not loose our Baby. Our Doctor took me off the pills and told me to stay away from foods rich in uric acid.

I learned about acidophilus and used it to keep my PH in balance, I read somewhere that stones don't grow in a well balanced (PH) body.

Recently I found an old remedy that seems to be working for me. My kidneys hurt after our long plane ride to OK. (I hate public restrooms) and would keep hurting every few days. Like Jayebird said you need a lot of water and I just wasn't able to drink enough. I started drinking parsley tea and am feeling fine again. Parsley is a diuretic.

Brew a few (I use 10) sprigs for at least 10 min. preferably 20 min in 3 cups boiling water and drink all at once the first time. Thereafter drink 1 cup at each meal. Be sure to drink a lot of liquids as you will be passing a lot and don't want to dehydrate.

I understand it is more painful for men to pass stones. I would rather give birth to a child then have to pass another stone, and especially have one cut out of me. I would opt for a laser burst. I thank God He has cared for me and I haven't had stones bother me so I had to have them cut out. Our family is prone to stones and I carry them in my kidney matter where I thank our Almighty Father that they have remained encased.

I pray our Lord's hand upon you in your misery. I truly can sympathize with you!

In Christ Love,
Renee

Cody1611 01-07-2009 11:54 AM

The pain came back today and this time it hurt even worse. I took some pain medicine(vomited most of it up), but it didn't help too much. I was begging my grandma to take me to the hospital, so they could give me some good pain medication, but she said I couldn't do that. Today for me has been HELL and there was times when I wish I would just die. Please, please pray that this stone will come out soon and pray that I never get kidney stones again.

:(

JaeByrd 01-07-2009 02:21 PM

Continuing to pray.

Diligent 01-07-2009 02:22 PM

Sheesh. I'm sorry to hear it. Praying.

Forrest 01-09-2009 10:13 AM

Brother Cody, I've been thinking about you and praying for you. Are you okay?

Billie 01-09-2009 01:59 PM

kidney stone

Hi Cody,

I'm praying you will pass the stone today....praying for the pain.:amen:

Billie

Cody1611 01-09-2009 10:45 PM

I'm doing alright. Since Wednesday it hasn't hurt extremely bad, but right now its hurting just a little bit. Thanks for your prayers everyone. I really appreciate it.

JaeByrd 01-10-2009 12:49 PM

Thanks for the update. Will continue to pray.

Did they say how long it usually takes? Or how long they'll give you before breaking the stone up into smaller bits or something?

Cody1611 01-10-2009 08:30 PM

They said probably about 2 weeks. I might try and see if I can go get it busted Monday because I'm starting college again on the 15th.

Biblestudent 01-11-2009 09:06 AM

Praying for you, Bro.!

Cody1611 01-12-2009 09:34 PM

Good news. I passed the stone today, yet I found out I have one more. The doctor gave me medicine to keep it from getting bigger though. He also gave me a higher dose of pain medication. The pain medication I was on was only 5mg's when I should of been taking 20mg's. No wonder it wasn't helping lol. Thank you all for your prayers. :)

Billie 01-12-2009 10:35 PM

Thats great!!! Cody! Sorry to hear you have another one:tsk:..I'll be in
prayer that this one will pass quickly and no pain!

Billie

JaeByrd 01-13-2009 07:37 PM

Good to hear the one passed. Sorry about the 2nd one. Hopefully the meds will keep it smaller and hopefully now that you have the correct dosage the pain can will be easier to handle.

Continued prayers.

illusionznc 01-15-2009 12:23 AM

I'm glad to hear the first stone is gone! Thank the Lord! My prayers continue to be with you for the next stone. I hope is passes soon, and you make a full recovery! God be with you brother ! :amen:

Watchmen 01-15-2009 02:33 AM

Cody- I'm praying for you bro. I can't imagine what you're going through, for I do not know.

May God our Lord Jesus Christ be with you and make the pain fade away quickly.

Renee 01-16-2009 12:32 PM

Hey Cody,

Have you tried the parsley tea? I know it sounds like an old wive's tale but I have used it and have tried it on my gtanddaughter for cistitatis and bladder pain. Parsley is a natural diuratic and aids in the passing of liquids from the body. It helps to ease pain as it also helps with the inflamation. Once again I feel your pain, and am praying for you. Do give it a try but remember to drink a lot of liquids.

Parsley tea, unless you like the taste of parsley is not the tastiest tea so i add a tea bag to it and if you like , sweeten it with honey.

What do you have to loose?

Aloha
Renee

MC1171611 01-16-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renee (Post 14556)
Hey Cody,

Have you tried the parsley tea? I know it sounds like an old wive's tale but I have used it and have tried it on my gtanddaughter for cistitatis and bladder pain. Parsley is a natural diuratic and aids in the passing of liquids from the body. It helps to ease pain as it also helps with the inflamation. Once again I feel your pain, and am praying for you. Do give it a try but remember to drink a lot of liquids.

Parsley tea, unless you like the taste of parsley is not the tastiest tea so i add a tea bag to it and if you like , sweeten it with honey.

What do you have to loose?

Aloha
Renee

Sister Renee,

I do believe your daughter gave this exact same advice earlier in the thread, or perhaps in another thread. Now we get to see where she gets her sage wisdom. :D

JaeByrd 01-27-2009 11:45 AM

Hey Cody, I was wondering how you were doing?

Renee 03-09-2009 12:13 PM

Hey Cody,

I noticed you are posting after a short leave. How are you doing with the kidney stone problem? I hope all is well? Do let us know as we are wondering?

Aloha,
Renee

Cody1611 03-10-2009 03:29 PM

I forget if I told you, but I passed the kidney stone and the doctor said I have another one in my other kidney. He said it may come out in 6 months or it may come out in 2 years. So I've been doing good so far and hopefully my pain medication will work better this next time. Thanks for asking. :)

God bless

Renee 03-10-2009 04:08 PM

Cody,

You did say that you passed the stone and had another in you. Are you doing anything for it or just waiting for it to bug you again. I had a bivalve on my left kidney and have had three stones in my right kidney for 35 years. I have controlled their growth and incidence of flareups with cranberry juice or caplets. I do get the intense pain when I forget to take my pills and sorta watch my diet. I guess that makes me a pill popper!

Take care,
Renee

stephanos 03-10-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renee (Post 16614)
Cody,

You did say that you passed the stone and had another in you. Are you doing anything for it or just waiting for it to bug you again. I had a bivalve on my left kidney and have had three stones in my right kidney for 35 years. I have controlled their growth and incidence of flareups with cranberry juice or caplets. I do get the intense pain when I forget to take my pills and sorta watch my diet. I guess that makes me a pill popper!

Take care,
Renee

LOL

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Cody1611 03-10-2009 10:31 PM

I've just been not drinking as much soda. I drink lemon juice too sometimes because I read that it helps.

Renee 03-11-2009 01:25 PM

Hi Cody

Yes it helps to melt stones. I read somewheres that reconstituted lemon juice works better then fresh. Acidolphis (?) helps to keep your body's PH level at 7.0 which is basically what the cranberry juice does.

The minute you have a slight, uncomfortable pain in your bladder and a tingle of lower back pain, I still suggest a heavy drinking of cranberry juice and/or cranberry pills.

Take care Cody and may God grant that you never be bothered with stones again.

Aloha,
Renee

Cody1611 03-11-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renee (Post 16669)
Take care Cody and may God grant that you never be bothered with stones again.

Amen to that.