AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bible Versions (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Do you have to be KJVO to be here??? (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1216)

Diligent 05-11-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solabiblia (Post 19569)
Yes. It's called the Bible.

You have one post to explain to my satisfaction exactly where I can find "the Bible" without admixture of error -- the one book you go to that requires no "checking" with another authority. Tell me where I can buy the book that is your absolute and final authority.

One post. No debate. No questions. Just tell me.

Bro. Parrish 05-11-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish
solabiblia; do you believe there is one BOOK ON THIS EARTH TODAY THAT IS THE FINAL AND ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY on what is right and what is wrong...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by solabiblia (Post 19569)

Yes, and which Bible is your FINAL AUTHORITY?

George 05-11-2009 04:12 PM

RE: "Do you have to be KJVO to be here???"

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by solabiblia http://av1611.com/forums/styles/redc...s/viewpost.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 19581)
Which Bible?

where can I get a copy?

Aloha brother Luke,

All of the Bible “correctors” & “deniers” have a DIFFERENT Definition of the word “BIBLE” (a BOOK that you can hold in your hands), than the Dictionary. The following is Webster’s Definition for the word “BIBLE”:

Webster’s 1828
BI'BLE, n. Gr. a book.

That’s it – that’s ALL! {“that’s all there is to that”; “that’s all she wrote”; “that’s it in a nutshell”; “and now you know the rest of the story”}

These guys are always running to “THE GREEK”, but in this case they choose to IGNORE it, and “make up” there OWN DEFINITION for the word “BIBLE” - (i.e. “a pile of manuscripts”), instead of “a book” (that you can hold in your hands), because they do not believe that there is ANY BOOK (that you can hold in your hands) that is the HOLY word of God and the FINAL AUTHORITY in all matters of faith and practice!

We have THE HOLY BIBLE (the Holy Book) – that’s what it was called from 1611 up until some time in the early 1900’s when the Publishers CHANGED the name of THE HOLY BIBLE to the “King James Bible” in order “distinguish” it from the “books” that they were trying to SELL ($$$) IN PLACE OF THE HOLY BIBLE.

The following links are to Posts are about this issue:

http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...&postcount=106
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...7&postcount=86

These “Christians” are bright & knowledgeable; but they are also subtle, clever, deceptive, and disingenuous. Try as you may – there is no way that you are going to be able to “persuade” them (through polite and courteous discussion or reasoning) to change their “faithless belief” concerning God’s Holy words. Remember: “KNOWLEDGE PUFFETH UP” - they are so enamored of their “schooling” and “learning” that they are unapproachable when it comes to this issue and intractable in their belief.

These men are just exactly like the “scribes” and “Pharisees” of old: Always asking QUESTIONS [“Why” – Mark 7:5, “How” – Mark 2:16, “What” – John 11:47; “When” – Luke 17:20]; always trying to “catch” a genuine Bible believer “in his words” [Mark 12:13] or trying to “entangle” him in his talk [Matthew 22:15]; always making “accusations” [Matthew 9:34]; always “tempting” [Matthew 19:3]; always “critical” [Mark 2:16]; always “accusing” [Luke 6:7]; always getting “offended” [Matthew 15:12]; never answering questions directed at them [Matthew 21:24-27]; and they are always HYPOCRITES! [Matthew 23: 13-15].

solabiblia 05-11-2009 07:15 PM

Look In Your Hand

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 19581)
Which Bible?

where can I get a copy?

If I'm not mistaken, you probably have one.

solabiblia 05-11-2009 07:21 PM

You probably have seen it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 19584)
Yes, and which Bible is your FINAL AUTHORITY?

THE Bible. The 66 books of the canon. Starts with Genesis, ends with The Revelation. Begins "In the beginning God. . ." ends with "Amen."

You know . . . THAT Bible.

solabiblia 05-11-2009 07:28 PM

Available Anywhere

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diligent (Post 19583)
You have one post to explain to my satisfaction exactly where I can find "the Bible" without admixture of error -- the one book you go to that requires no "checking" with another authority. Tell me where I can buy the book that is your absolute and final authority.

One post. No debate. No questions. Just tell me.

You or I either one could buy the Bible at any Christian book store, and almost any secular book store.

Luke 05-11-2009 07:46 PM

Well, which version do I get...

Pro 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly:

One popular version says that...

but another popular version says something completely different

Pro 18:24 A man of many companions may come to ruin,

Which one is right? They can't both be accurate translations!

Fredoheaven 05-11-2009 07:50 PM

Objection your honor

Quote:

Originally Posted by solabiblia (Post 19593)
If I'm not mistaken, you probably have one.

Luke is seeking your answer to which bible you could recommend but you could only answer back nothing.

Bro. Parrish is seeking to which Bible, but you only said the bible that "Starts with Genesis, ends with The Revelation. Begins "In the beginning God. . ." ends with "Amen."

You know, New and perversed bibles have the same beginning and ending, but which bible? I guessed you need to answer a very basic question?:D:D

Gord 05-11-2009 07:58 PM

At the risk of appearing older than Moses, in the old days these guys like solabiblia we called "TROLLS".

They get their kicks in life being antagonistic, arrogant, and just plain know it all's.

At 88 responses so far he's winning.

Fredoheaven 05-11-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord (Post 19599)
At the risk of appearing older than Moses, in the old days these guys like solabiblia we called "TROLLS".

They get their kicks in life being antagonistic, arrogant, and just plain know it all's.

yap, he is actually winning at the back of the race:):):)

Luke 05-11-2009 08:41 PM

They don't have the same beginning and end

ESV changes the beginning, and some doctrines with it

Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavenS and the earth.

It also changes the end

Rev 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

Surely! Only 2000 years, in comparison to a total of 4000 years that had passed since he said it...

KJV
Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.
Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

cf. 1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

solabiblia 05-11-2009 08:45 PM

I AM Answering!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredoheaven (Post 19598)
Luke is seeking your answer to which bible you could recommend but you could only answer back nothing.

Bro. Parrish is seeking to which Bible, but you only said the bible that "Starts with Genesis, ends with The Revelation. Begins "In the beginning God. . ." ends with "Amen."

You know, New and perversed bibles have the same beginning and ending, but which bible? I guessed you need to answer a very basic question?:D:D

If you will look closely, you will see that I have answered each question directly, completely, and courteously. I have not dodged a single one.

What seems to be upsetting you and others in this forum is that I have not given you the answer you want to hear. I can't help that.

Luke 05-11-2009 09:15 PM

Well,

You haven't answered my question. Which version should I buy? Things that are different are not the same.

Since we define THE Bible as - The King James Bible - and that other versions are not THE Bible, you need to explain what you mean.

Diligent 05-11-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solabiblia (Post 19595)
You or I either one could buy the Bible at any Christian book store, and almost any secular book store.

You didn't answer my question. I warned you. Goodbye.

tonybones2112 05-11-2009 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=solabiblia;19570]
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 19545)
The "insertion argument" is untenable, as it creates an impossible doctrinal deviation and interpolation cannot be proven. Redemption is not forgiveness of sins. One that an unlearned idiot would make, as I describe Origen above. You're following the bankrupt "conflation" theory Of Westcott-Hort on this verse along with the "oldest is best" falsehood. You have an unsolvable paradox with the W-H theory of manuscript "age": If the Alexandrian family of manuscripts is the correct one, then it should be represented by at least as many or not more "late" copies of itself as the "Majority Text". Where are the missing 15,000 copies of the "late" Alexandrian text? I suppose the Waldensians burned them? Who has burned Bibles for 1700 years?/QUOTE]

It's called the Muslim Invasion. You may have heard of it.

Now that's funny. That's the funniest thing I ever heard of since Lewis Black's commentary on the Homosexual Invasion Of America. Here we have hundreds of thousands of blood-mad Muslims invading Palestine, North Africa, Turkey, Central and southern Europe, and they burn all copies of the Alexandrian text only. Good Jesuit answer Sola Barry. Any answer to cast doubt into the minds of the ignorant who want the word of God scattered out into the four winds.

As Ray Liotta said to Joe Pesci in GOODFELLAS, you're a funny guy.

Grace and peace

Ahmed Mohabbones

tonybones2112 05-11-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 19597)
Well, which version do I get...

Pro 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly:

One popular version says that...

but another popular version says something completely different

Pro 18:24 A man of many companions may come to ruin,

Which one is right? They can't both be accurate translations!

His "bible" is the bible of John R. Rice Luke, that great nebulous ethereal mystical "bible" that's "settled in heaven" and inspired in one copy only and we have 99.999999999999999999 percent of it except for Mark 16:9-20, I John 5:7, John 8...

Told you all, he's a funny guy.

Grace and peace my friend

Tony

bibleprotector 05-12-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibleprotector (Post 19503)
So, where is the Bible freed from error, or, when shall it come to pass in history?

I quote myself here, asking Solabiblia a question which he never answered.

As for Erasmus,

1. He left a monastery at a young age, and he became a secular priest (renouncing the sacerdotal priesthood).

2. He was friendly toward Protestantism.

3. When he died, he was buried in a Reformed Church which was a converted Catholic cathedral.

4. He was not a "good Catholic", since he attacked various problems of the Papists, and his works were placed on the Index.

I don't deny that he was linked to Romanism, including that he dedicated a work to the Pope, but I do deny that he was of the spirit of Romanism. He clearly was not.

Tmonk 05-12-2009 02:30 AM

"they burn all copies of the Alexandrian text only."

Could you post a link with some info on this ?

peopleoftheway 05-12-2009 05:57 AM

Were one leaves of (or is quite rightly, left of), another picks up the Baton of the fruitless relay of Bible deniers. :( I guess the finish line is in heaven and the prize is a brand spanking new copy of the "Original" Autographs. As they don't exist anymore :eek:

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Diligent 05-12-2009 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmonk (Post 19609)

Seriously?

http://tinyurl.com/dz6rx9

George 05-12-2009 06:42 AM

Re: "Do you have to be KJVO to be here???"

Quote:

Ahh, Tmonk,

You finally have crawled out of your hole! You LURK in the background and look for opportunities to strike; and when you do your TRUE character is revealed:

These men are just exactly like the “scribes” and “Pharisees” of old: Always asking QUESTIONS [Why” –
Mark 7:5, “How” – Mark 2:16, “What” – John 11:47; “When” – Luke 17:20]; always trying to “catch” a genuine Bible believer “in his words” [Mark 12:13] or trying to “entangle” him in his talk [Matthew 22:15]; always making “accusations” [Matthew 9:34]; always “critical” [Mark 2:16]; always “provoking” [Luke 11:53]; always “murmuring” [Luke 5:30]; always “tempting” [Matthew 19:3]; always getting “offended” [Matthew 15:12]; never answering questions directed at them [Matthew 21:24-27]; and they are always HYPOCRITES! [Matthew 23: 13-15].

Don't you have enough DISCERNMENT to know when someone is JOKING? Are you that dense and obtuse that you cannot tell the difference between a sincere statement and extreme sarcasm? Or are you just being contrary - like your recently departed "friend" (Birds of a feather flock together) solabiblia? :confused:

As soon as one goes - another takes his place! :eek:

Psalms 92:5 O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
6 A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.

Brother Tim 05-12-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Seriously?
:pound: Brandon, you got me! I followed the link, thinking that there was actually some real facts in a MVer's post. :pound:

peopleoftheway 05-12-2009 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diligent (Post 19626)

:pound: Thanks Brother, that made me smile :D

Bro. Parrish 05-12-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord (Post 19599)

Many of the replies were not to solabiblia, he didn't start the thread. He's not winning anything, he's not even on the right "track." And now he is banned.

:RunToKJB:

Brother Jerry 05-12-2009 10:34 AM

It's fairly simple, perhaps too simple for those who find satisfaction in their own knowledge...

There is only one who would like for us all to be without a Bible.

This is a war for our souls. I will not give my sword to some scholar, never!

My Lord Jesus Christ says I need it more than food!

tonybones2112 05-12-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Ask Sola, I posed to him the Alexandrian Paradox. All the Alexandrian texts are traced to one author, they are all early, and only 45 in number. All the early Majority texts were decayed through use and are represented by relatively "late" manuscripts. A clear archaeological proof that the Alexandrian texts were rejected. There are 13-15,000 Greek and Latin manuscripts for the Majority text. If it were rejected there should be at least that many late Alexandrian texts IF it were legitimate. There are none. So Sola poses they were all burned and destroyed in "...the Muslim invasions". I can see that...

"Ahmed, do these books have I John 5:7?"
"Just one, the rest are missing it."
"Good, then burn those, and save this one to confuse the infidels..."

These Jesuit plants need some new responses, they are dragging the bottom of the barrel.

Glaze and peas

Bonez:jaw::jaw::jaw:

Mathew Ward 05-13-2009 09:11 AM

Where does a KJVP fit in or a TRO?

Luke 05-13-2009 04:16 PM

The FFF :P

Just kidding :D

TRO is a bit of a misnomer.. it would imply you only read the TR, only preach from the TR etc etc. TRO are KJBP.

It's great how we have invented our own little anagrams and know what they mean!

Greektim 05-13-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 19704)

TRO is a bit of a misnomer.. it would imply you only read the TR, only preach from the TR etc etc. TRO are KJBP.

It's great how we have invented our own little anagrams and know what they mean!

If I ever changed my textual view, I would move to TRO but not necessarily KJP. Perhaps NKJP ;). Is there really no such thing as a TRO in your opinion?

Luke 05-13-2009 07:02 PM

Not unless he is a greek speaking man living in 90AD or thereabouts.

But then, they wouldn't have had the TR at that time anyway. So I must ask the question, where were the perfect words of God before the TR!

The TR (there are about 5), was compiled/translated whatever, in the 1500's, as far as I am aware.

Greektim 05-13-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

So I must ask the question, where were the perfect words of God before the TR!
That is a toughie. Other questions...
Who had the perfect words of God (all of them) to the exclusion to others?
When was the first compilation of the GNT?
When was the first compilation of a perfect GNT (the one reflecting the originals exactly and purely)?
When was the first compilation of the NT in a translation that was perfect?

Please know...I am not asking these questions to stir trouble. I am honestly seeking to know how the KJVO would answer this. I can truthfully say that I do not know your view on this and am legitimately wanting to know. So please don't blast me for asking.

Luke 05-13-2009 08:32 PM

To be honest, the answer to all those questions is

"who cares"

Anyone that can't see the corruption in the modern versions, and the superiority of the KJB over everything else is fooling themselves

The KJB is superior over all Modern Versions. I am sure you don't argue with that Tim (I hope you don't).

The KJB is superior over all Greek and Hebrew Bibles for the following reasons

- Most people can't read them
- Scholars can't decide on how to translate them properly
- Originals don't exist
- Different Hebrew and Greek Bibles don't even agree with each other.
- God promised to speak to his people in another language in Zephaniah
- God promised to preserve His words, and this is evident in the KJB.

So, wondering about where the Bible was in 250AD isn't going to help you today. It also won't answer any questions that you have about the King James.

The other answer to that question is

"Forever O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven". So the first version was in Heaven. And so will be the last.

tonybones2112 05-14-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathew Ward (Post 19683)
Where does a KJVP fit in or a TRO?

Hi Matthew, I think I saw you on FFF. Group constituency is decided by the webmaster's judgment of each member's behavior in the forum. I am the forum's resident church-splittin' hyperdispensationalist dry cleaner, and their treatment of me and my reciprocation is an example of christians who differ on minor doctrinal issues can still stand together.

I'm curious as to what a "KJVP" is

Grace and peace

Tony

Greektim 05-14-2009 04:20 AM

King James Preferred

In my mind, when I think of a TRO, I think of someone who is saying that the authority of interpretation lies in the meaning of the Greek TR rather than a translation from the TR.

Brother Jerry 05-14-2009 07:16 AM

God does not reveal everything to us. He purposely keeps things a mystery to us. We have faith in the unseen. I don't need an explanation to satisfy my carnal mind.

God gave us instructions, it is very important that we know exactly what those instructions were. Not some scholar’s interpretation of what a "Greek/Hebrew" word means, meant or used to mean thousands of years ago. They say that the language in the KJB is old. The "original" languages are even older. How can they know with certainty what a Greek word means if they can't even come to grips with the meaning of a much younger English language?

Is it possible that God was able to see the "future" of the English language and decided to guide men by the Holy Ghost into putting his precious Words together in one final volume once and for all?

God can do whatever he wants. He uses the base things of this world to confound the exalted.

I am ready to stand before my Saviour knowing that I was able to put faith in his Words. His Words in the NIV lead me to seek carefully for them. I thank the Lord he lead me to them. They are found in the only faithful translation that has not been equaled, the KING JAMES BIBLE.

peopleoftheway 05-14-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Jerry (Post 19767)
God does not reveal everything to us. He purposely keeps things a mystery to us. We have faith in the unseen. I don't need an explanation to satisfy my carnal mind.

God gave us instructions, it is very important that we know exactly what those instructions were. Not some scholar’s interpretation of what a "Greek/Hebrew" word means, meant or used to mean thousands of years ago. They say that the language in the KJB is old. The "original" languages are even older. How can they know with certainty what a Greek word means if they can't even come to grips with the meaning of a much younger English language?

Is it possible that God was able to see the "future" of the English language and decided to guide men by the Holy Ghost into putting his precious Words together in one final volume once and for all?

God can do whatever he wants. He uses the base things of this world to confound the exalted.

I am ready to stand before my Saviour knowing that I was able to put faith in his Words. His Words in the NIV lead me to seek carefully for them. I thank the Lord he lead me to them. They are found in the only faithful translation that has not been equaled, the KING JAMES BIBLE.

:amen: Brother, well said.

Mathew Ward 05-14-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 19704)

Actually I think it would mean that you believe that God has preserved His word through this linage of manuscripts.

Mathew Ward 05-14-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 19743)
Hi Matthew, I think I saw you on FFF. Group constituency is decided by the webmaster's judgment of each member's behavior in the forum. I am the forum's resident church-splittin' hyperdispensationalist dry cleaner, and their treatment of me and my reciprocation is an example of christians who differ on minor doctrinal issues can still stand together.

I'm curious as to what a "KJVP" is

Grace and peace

Tony

As has been said...King James Version Preferred...

Brother Tim 05-14-2009 09:58 AM

Or it (TRO) means one who accepts only the TR as the perfect Words of God. (the problem being, which edition of the TR?)

Brother Tim 05-14-2009 11:01 AM

By the way, welcome, Mathew! :yo:

With ChaplainPaul and you now posting here, I don't know of many left over at FFF's Version Forum. It appears that the hecklers have stunk the place up so badly there that most decent folks have about quit posting. There are a few souls left there who have not bowed the knee to baal, but it is no 7000!

We fight here every so often, but it is a family feud.