AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Current Events (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Chronicles Of The Obamessiah, Volume II: In The Temple (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699)

atlas 11-08-2008 12:18 AM

The Chronicles Of The Obamessiah, Volume II: In The Temple

Guys,

This is so funny!!!!!!!!!

:D

The Chronicles Of The Obamessiah, Volume II: In The Temple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ted9Hzn8foY

These guys are very good!!!!!!!!!

Atlas

stephanos 11-08-2008 02:39 AM

This video makes me uncomfortable.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

atlas 11-08-2008 10:38 AM

Stephanos,

Quote:

This video makes me uncomfortable.

Why is that? It's a joke,

:confused:

Atlas

stephanos 11-08-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlas (Post 11378)
Stephanos,

Why is that? It's a joke,

Atlas

I realize that. It's just that the footage they used is from a film that I placed value upon in years past, and then the fact that they're mocking the president elect in it, compounds into a 'joke' that I'm not comfortable with. Perhaps this stuff was ok when Obama was merely running for president, but now that he is going to be our president, I think the time for mockery is past. That's just my take though, and you are free to disagree with me of course. But you should know when you post this stuff that it makes some folks uncomfortable.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

MC1171611 11-08-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanos (Post 11402)
I realize that. It's just that the footage they used is from a film that I placed value upon in years past, and then the fact that they're mocking the president elect in it, compounds into a 'joke' that I'm not comfortable with. Perhaps this stuff was ok when Obama was merely running for president, but now that he is going to be our president, I think the time for mockery is past. That's just my take though, and you are free to disagree with me of course. But you should know when you post this stuff that it makes some folks uncomfortable.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

I say he's fair game until he truly becomes the president. :D

Then again I'm seriously enjoying my Free Magnolia magazine (www.dixienet.org), so my political views are sure to be questioned immediately!

LeeM1023 11-08-2008 08:51 PM

Obama film; plus, on a serious note

I think it's a great film. I forwarded it to all my Obama-loving family members and told them that now I understand, and I'm sorry I wasted my vote on McCain.

But seriously, I've been pondering how we pray for Barak, and how to encourage others to pray for him . . . seems to me like it's:

--his personal salvation (NOT United Church of Christ church membership!)
--the salvation of his family
--his safety (and the safety of his family)
--some kind of normal life for his young children
--wisdom in making decisions, seeking advisors, and establishing relationships
--protection from foolish or impulsive decisions

What else? Surely the more we pray for the guy, the better off he's going to be . . .

Lee

atlas 11-08-2008 10:01 PM

Stephanos,

Quote:

But you should know when you post this stuff that it makes some folks uncomfortable.
How should I know this?

Also should I now be chanting " Yes We Can!!!!!!and Change!!!!!! " as loud as I can just because he won?

I was told to pray for the man nothing more. I am praying for him when he gets in office. I'll pray that he gets saved.

Atlas

stephanos 11-08-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlas (Post 11415)
Stephanos,

How should I know this?

Also should I now be chanting " Yes We Can!!!!!!and Change!!!!!! " as loud as I can just because he won?

I was told to pray for the man nothing more. I am praying for him when he gets in office. I'll pray that he gets saved.

Atlas

I didn't mean to sound like I was saying "you should know better". I was trying to say "I'm letting you know this makes some of the brethren uncomfortable".

Concerning what we are told to be doing in the Word of God: You should also be honouring him (Romans 13:7), and trying not to have any appearance of evil as you speak to others about Obama. It's one thing to disagree with the man (I myself whole heartedly disagree with nearly every idea he has. I was rooting for Ron Paul), and an entirely different thing mock him in a way that in the eyes of the weak might be construed as an attempt to incite sedition in others. You see, I've noticed this election (this is my first election where I've been in fellowship with IFB's), that my fellow Baptists have been acting in a way I feel is umbecoming of those that profess faith in Jesus Christ and His Word. I've tried really hard to not get to frustrated with this behaviour, and tried patiently to warn folks to trust that God is still God and fully in control of things, and to honor the man in the office, but some people seem to try their hardest to push the line of acceptable Christian practice. This video in particlular really frustrated me because in the eyes of someone that isn't a Christian (and in the eyes of some Christians, myself included) the video could be viewed as mocking Christianity in general. This is in and of itself entirely unacceptable.

I hope the spirit of what I'm saying is clear. I'm not trying to convince anyone to raise the Obamanation flag by any means. I just want people to recognize that our words and actions concerning the President elect could help or harm our witness towards the unbelieving onlookers, as well as the born again Christians that are watching us.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

MC1171611 11-08-2008 11:22 PM

Our job is to glorify God through our obedience to the government that God has allowed to come to power.

At the same time, I don't mind giving Obama what-for up until he actually becomes our president.

atlas 11-09-2008 12:05 AM

Stephanos

Quote:

This video in particlular really frustrated me because in the eyes of someone that isn't a Christian (and in the eyes of some Christians, myself included) the video could be viewed as mocking Christianity in general.
It is not mocking the bible or Christians at all it is mocking the idea of " Obamessiah " and how some act as if he is the messiah.

I will honouring him by paying higher taxes.

Quote:

Rom. 13:7

Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
That is what Rom 13:7 tells me to do is pay taxes. It dose not say I have to be nice to him. I am to pay my taxes and pray for him. i will do both of these things.

Unless I do not pay my taxes I will not be disobeying the Bible. Trust me I will pay my taxes so the bottom 90% can get my money and be happy. I will also make sure I keep my money in tax free investments this way I can pay less taxes so the leeches and the messiah will get less of my money. I will pay what I must by the law. I will also make sure I use the law to pay as little as I can. I will move my money to as many tax free investments as I can.

:D

So let's not just post the chapter and verse numbers. Lets see what the Bible says in Rom 13:7. It's telling m to pay my taxes. I always do. So do not tell me this video has anything to do with me paying my taxes because it dose not.

Atlas

Bro. Parrish 11-09-2008 11:56 AM

I full intend to keep the heat on Obama and expose his liberal policies, which I believe are a threat to the Republic and our future. I never gave Clinton any slack either. Stephanos, my brother---unless you just want to argue, if you don't like reading political threads, I suggest you avoid them. It's easy, just don't click. :)

atlas 11-09-2008 12:42 PM

Bro. Parrish,

Quote:

I full intend to keep the heat on Obama and expose his liberal policies, which I believe are a threat to the Republic and our future. I never gave Clinton any slack either. Stephanos, my brother---unless you just want to argue, if you don't like reading political threads, I suggest you avoid them. It's easy, just don't click.
I agree 100%. It seems like many of our brothers seem to have forgotten John the baptist never minded giving the king a hard time and telling the truth about the kings sins.

Atlas

stephanos 11-09-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 11450)
I full intend to keep the heat on Obama and expose his liberal policies, which I believe are a threat to the Republic and our future. I never gave Clinton any slack either. Stephanos, my brother---unless you just want to argue, if you don't like reading political threads, I suggest you avoid them. It's easy, just don't click. :)

You mean, if I don't agree with you, don't say anything. Very condescending brother. I don't need any mans permission or approval to believe or say the things I feel deep conviction about.

Stephen

EDIT: Atlas: John the baptist was not in the dispensation of grace, and was not under the authority of the apostle Paul. Things were quite different in the dispensation of Law and Prophets. Prophets were given authority from God to speak, quite vocally I might add. And there are plenty of examples where 'Prophets' were speaking out against Kings. So, brother, keep that in mind next time you want to use John the baptist to support your statements..

atlas 11-09-2008 04:57 PM

Stephanos,

Do not try to apply Bible doctrines and Bible principals. They are not the same thing.

Bible principals do not matter from dispensation to dispensation, Bible doctrine matters upon the dispensation.

The State has almost always opposed the Lord and his people, OT and NT. Saints in the OT and NT both opposed the kings. This is not a doctrine issue my friend.

The issue of doctrine is about me paying my taxes, I will do this. The Bible principals tell me that for the most part of the Bible the sate is opposed to the Lord and his people.

Atlas

Bro. Parrish 11-09-2008 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish
I fully intend to keep the heat on Obama and expose his liberal policies, which I believe are a threat to the Republic and our future. I never gave Clinton any slack either. Stephanos, my brother---unless you just want to argue, if you don't like reading political threads, I suggest you avoid them. It's easy, just don't click.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanos (Post 11472)
You mean, if I don't agree with you, don't say anything. Very condescending brother. I don't need any mans permission or approval to believe or say the things I feel deep conviction about.

Stephen

No my friend, that is not what I said please don't misquote or misrepresent your brothers in Christ. You said, "This video makes me uncomfortable." Then you said, "when you post this stuff... it makes some folks uncomfortable." I didn't say anything about you agreeing with me or not. You and I will agree on many other issues. And by the way, WE don't need any mans permission or approval to believe or say the things WE feel deep conviction about either. All I am saying is, since you are uncomfortable with all this, why punish yourself? :)

stephanos 11-09-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 11482)
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish
I fully intend to keep the heat on Obama and expose his liberal policies, which I believe are a threat to the Republic and our future. I never gave Clinton any slack either. Stephanos, my brother---unless you just want to argue, if you don't like reading political threads, I suggest you avoid them. It's easy, just don't click.

No my friend, that is not what I said please don't misquote or misrepresent your brothers in Christ. You said, "This video makes me uncomfortable." Then you said, "when you post this stuff... it makes some folks uncomfortable." I didn't say anything about you agreeing with me or not. You and I will agree on many other issues. And by the way, WE don't need any mans permission or approval to believe or say the things WE feel deep conviction about either. All I am saying is, since you are uncomfortable with all this, why punish yourself? :)

It's not the politics that makes me uncomfortable. It's the fact that this video could be viewed as mocking Christianity. That makes me uncomfortable. I know people think Obama is some sort of messiah, but what does the Bible say about these things?

Mark 13:21-23 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

So, we should not be so surpised that people are now beginning to say this or that person is Christ. Granted, the real false Christs will arise during the tribulation, but I believe we are VERY close to the dispensation change, and as such we should not be so focussed on all the rediculous claims folks are making. We should be more trusting in God, and completely focussed on seeing as many souls recieving Christ Jesus as we can.

So I guess my point is is that I do agree that it is our duty to expose the rediculous policies Obama wants to put into action, but the way we go about doing this defines us as faithful Christians or not. Do we believe God is in control of things, or not? How do we show this, and how do we show that we don't? Let us show the world that we trust God by honouring the president elect, while we respectfully disagree with him.

This sermon should solidify the points I'm trying to make:

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninf...D=102008214142

I would really encourage everyone to listen to it.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

MC1171611 11-10-2008 09:05 AM

One can give due, Biblical honor to those in authority while still calling sin sin and preaching the truth. There is no need to sugar-coat the message simply because the balance of power has tilted against us. That being said, we are expressly commanded to obey those in authority over us, be they kings or governors (I think that covers the president ;) ) until their commands cross the commands of God. At that point, "we ought to obey God rather than men."

There are two sides to the coin: we can preach righteousness like John the Baptist while still showing due honor like Paul. Think about it: did John ever actually dishonor the king?

Bro. Parrish 11-10-2008 10:33 AM

Obama is no more a king than the congressmen and other ELECTED leaders that have been voted into office and make the laws. America has no king. I have respect for the office of the elected President, and pray for Obama and hope that he will move away from the ideologies of his father. But I have no more respect for the policies of a modern day Marxist in sheep's clothing than I would have for the policies of Stalin, Hitler or Mao Zedong, all of which murdered millions as "the powers that be."

Stephanos and I have covered this ground before, the ground is crispy and charred. :rolleyes:

MC1171611 11-10-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 11522)
Obama is no more a king than the congressmen and other ELECTED leaders that have been voted into office and make the laws. America has no king. I have respect for the office of the elected President, and pray for Obama and hope that he will move away from the ideologies of his father. But I have no more respect for the policies of a modern day Marxist in sheep's clothing than I would have for the policies of Stalin, Hitler or Mao Zedong, all of which murdered millions as "the powers that be."

Stephanos and I have covered this ground before, the ground is crispy and charred. :rolleyes:

And, in my opinion, littered with many Scriptures that seem to be ignored.

The principle is the same: if you want to get into semantics, we can do it. But the principle is to obey and honor those in authority. As Christians, we have absolutely no right to revolt or dishonor those that rule over us, regardless of the governmental system or how they came to power. It would be our job to honor Mao much the same as it is to honor Obama or as it was for the Christians in Rome to honor Nero. The path to power is irrelevant: the position of authority is what God commands us to honor regardless of who the man is.

Diligent 11-10-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC1171611 (Post 11572)

The principle is the same: if you want to get into semantics, we can do it. But the principle is to obey and honor those in authority. As Christians, we have absolutely no right to revolt or dishonor those that rule over us, regardless of the governmental system or how they came to power. It would be our job to honor Mao much the same as it is to honor Obama or as it was for the Christians in Rome to honor Nero. The path to power is irrelevant: the position of authority is what God commands us to honor regardless of who the man is.

Agreed completely. However, we also can be joyful in the fact that our government does allow us to speak our minds freely with regard to politics. It may not be easy, but we can honor our appointed government and also lobby to change its policies.

Although, given the fact that the Bible tells us how things are going to go (ie, downhill), maybe our efforts would be better spent on trying to pull as many people out of the fire as we can...

Brother Tim 11-10-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

maybe our efforts would be better spent on trying to pull as many people out of the fire as we can...
Double AMEN to that, Brother!

Bro. Parrish 11-10-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC1171611 (Post 11572)

Well see that's the difference between you and me brother.
You would HONOR Stalin and Mao as they murdered millions including your family and mine, and I would seek to discredit, overturn and overthrow his horrible regime, in order to bring forth a more perfect union, even to the death if required. See, I'm just not as good a Christian as yourself. :)

Thank God America isn't run by passivists, otherwise I could be working on a collective farm in a pile of pig manure, honoring a godless murderer like Mao, instead of my leather couch speaking with you on the internet in freedom.

A few points from the other forum...

Now, I agree winning souls is the best solution, as I wrote here on Nov. 5:
http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

BUT, that's not always going to throw down a Communist dictator or a Marxist murderer. Why? Because some men never repent and have no interest in God. As outlined by the founding documents, we as Americans are to be prepared to even throw down OUR OWN GOVERNMENT if required to save the nation and our God-given freedom.

I think it's clear that Paul was addressing the early church, and he was telling them how to deal with their particular situation in that particular time. He was not a military leader, that was not his calling. But I also think to suggest that those who are fighting against a communist regime or Godless dictator are somehow "resisting God" is just a terrible twist of scripture.

Certainly we know that God is love, and calls his children to be peacemakers. But we also know the Bible says God is a Man of War, and there are plenty of directions from God regarding overthrowing, resisting and killing the enemies of his people in the Bible. I can certainly appreciate your passivism, and I can respect that. I just think there is more than one side to this, just like there is more than one side to God, and if we are going to look at the Bible on these these matters, let's look at all of it. We know where things are headed eventually...

"And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God." Rev. 19:13-15

KJBPrincess 11-10-2008 05:12 PM

I guess all those martyrs in the early church were pacifists, because they didn't attempt to overthrow the Roman Empire.

Bro. Parrish 11-10-2008 05:15 PM

Brother MC1171611;
I am trying to reconcile your comments above with the post below, but I have to say I'm a little confused by your various remarks, are you a light switch or a man... :confused:

sorry brother, I just HAD to do it... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC1171611:
"People like Obama that openly socialize with anti-American scum like Ayers and his ilk should be hung as traitors to their nation. They do not respect our flag, do not respect nor intend to obey our Constitution, and do not love our country. They want to be like "all the other nations" (1 Sam. 8:20) and do away with our amazing foundation of morality and Christian principles.

These people should be tried for treason and shot, no questions asked. George Washington would have ripped Obama's head off with his bare hands for the perversions that he's openly admitted that he's going to foist upon this nation. Shame on you, USA for picking this reprobate!!"
http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693&page=2

Bro. Parrish 11-10-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJBPrincess (Post 11596)
I guess all those martyrs in the early church were pacifists, because they didn't attempt to overthrow the Roman Empire.

SIDE B:
I guess all those who fought against Stalin's purges were in no way Christians because they didn't honor a murderer.

Like I said, I just think there is more than one side to this, just like there is more than one side to God. :) Food for thought.

KJBPrincess 11-10-2008 06:33 PM

I was just stating what came to mind when I read your post... :p

MC1171611 11-10-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 11599)
Brother MC1171611;
I am trying to reconcile your comments above with the post below, but I have to say I'm a little confused by your various remarks, are you a light switch or a man... :confused:

sorry brother, I just HAD to do it... :D

http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693&page=2

I think Jane Fonda should be executed for her crimes against America. That doesn't mean I'm going to take a gun and do it; that means I think the rule of law should cause justice to be served. In a good nation, Obama would have been kicked out as a traitor if not hung.

There's a difference between what America should do (as a nation) and what we are COMMANDED to do as Christians. The South should secede and create its own nation founded on the original principles of the USA, but we as Christians are COMMANDED to be in subjection and submission to the authorities placed over us, regardless of who they are.

If you disagree, then take it up with Jesus, Peter and Paul.

Bro. Parrish 11-10-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC1171611 (Post 11610)
I think Jane Fonda should be executed for her crimes against America. That doesn't mean I'm going to take a gun and do it; that means I think the rule of law should cause justice to be served. In a good nation, Obama would have been kicked out as a traitor if not hung.

There's a difference between what America should do (as a nation) and what we are COMMANDED to do as Christians.

Geez, all this talk of killing...
so you want AMERICA to do the execution work eh?
See last time I checked, America is made up of people.
So what you're saying is, you think OTHER people should deal with the problem, well---whatever brother, I can't follow your logic when it keeps spinning like this.

I just find it funny that you want everyone to HONOR the guy while you are screaming about tearing his head off and calling him a "reprobate." :rolleyes:

Quote:

The South should secede and create its own nation founded on the original principles of the USA...

Okay, you are jumping around and you lost me there... :confused:

Quote:

but we as Christians are COMMANDED to be in subjection and submission to the authorities placed over us, regardless of who they are.

Nonsense. I understand this to a point, but I think like many of the brethren, you're taking your Bible way out of context and pushing this way too far when you say, "regardless of who they are."

If communists and murderers are placed over America they should be thrown down and replaced with good leaders, by force if required. Don't worry, the nation will handle it. You won't have to get involved brother, you can even honor them if you want as we are kicking them out the door. :)

MC1171611 11-11-2008 07:15 AM

1Pet. 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

I'm done arguing with you. Go argue with God about your rebellious attitude if you want. I think He's already said everything that needs to be said though.

Bro. Parrish 11-11-2008 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC1171611 (Post 11643)
I'm done arguing with you. Go argue with God about your rebellious attitude if you want.

Haha, okay brother, but I'm not the one wanting to execute people and tear the heads off politicians! On the other hand, it might come to that one day, take a look:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...BlHOwD94CCDU00