AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prayer Requests (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Prayer for sermon.. (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1245)

Luke 05-16-2009 10:04 PM

Prayer for sermon..

Hi All,

God has given me a great opportunity today. While my pastor is in the states for a wedding (his son), he has asked me to take several of the services. I just need prayer that I will be able to prepare some edifying messages from the word of God. I have four messages to preach, one sunday morning, two sunday nights and a wednesday. I have no idea what to do for any of them, so please pray that God would speak to me and give me a word.

Thanks
Luke

Billie 05-17-2009 12:41 AM

Will keep you in prayer, Brother.

peopleoftheway 05-17-2009 03:31 AM

Brother that's wonderful stuff!

This is exactly what God was preparing you for all these months of hardship and I trust that the opportunity of preaching the Lords word has given you the humbling experience before the Lord I think you needed to return joy to your life.
I will pray for you Brother as I know and trust that it has been the prayers of many on this forum that brought you to this point.

Job 5:17 Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:

Luke 05-17-2009 03:04 PM

Well, I pray that God would restore the joy.. I've become quite bitter about a lot of things (not church related), especially repentance.

I tend to disregard anyone that mentions it anymore, because of the total misuse of the word.. but I do know that I must repent continually of who and what I am.

chette777 05-17-2009 09:43 PM

Never be afraid to speak and teach the truth. we will be praying for you.

peopleoftheway 05-18-2009 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 19945)
Well, I pray that God would restore the joy.. I've become quite bitter about a lot of things (not church related), especially repentance.

I tend to disregard anyone that mentions it anymore, because of the total misuse of the word.. but I do know that I must repent continually of who and what I am.

Brother Luke I know exactly were you are coming from its the surge of "Lordship salvationists" that make genuine believers doubt whether they have ever "really" been saved and its a lie of the devil. It makes me feel physically sick.
But by the Grace of God we are sealed by his Spirit until the day of redemption, nothing we can do about it, nothing they can do about it, its all resting in Gods hands and I am eternally grateful for that for if it were resting in my hands id have dropped it a thousand times over!

God Bless Bro, praying for ya ;)

John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

KingSolomon1611 05-18-2009 04:40 PM

Take it to'em like a highlander bro. Pray for God to give you a message and to not allow the flesh to rise up. I miss preaching.

Luke 05-18-2009 04:53 PM

I've been studying positional truths lately

I think the first wednesday ngiht (next week) I will do a short study on the four places a Christian might be looking

1) Back to the Cross
2) Forward to the Return
3) Upward to his position
4) Downward to his state

I also saw this in a Larkin chart last night, so I might use that somehow. I can't really preach on a lot of practical things, since I am just returning from a long time in the world, and a lot of confusion over how to get out, and the positional truths that I have been reading about dying to sin and the old man dead are wonderfully helpful.

God is good :)

Kiwi Christian 05-19-2009 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 20040)
I've been studying positional truths lately

I think the first wednesday ngiht (next week) I will do a short study on the four places a Christian might be looking

1) Back to the Cross
2) Forward to the Return
3) Upward to his position
4) Downward to his state

I also saw this in a Larkin chart last night, so I might use that somehow

Looks like a good outline brother, as you prepare each point God will guide you through them and soon enough you will have your study. I would suggest reading through it a few times to ensure the timing is right, "short" studies can become all-nighters if you're not careful. Because it's your first time, concentrate on staying within the outline and sticking to your points, it's very easy to go down rabbit trails, especially if you encourage others to give their thoughts during the study (which may not be wise), or you decide to comment on something that isn't in your notes, which can happen alot.

It's a blessing that your pastor has given you this opportunity, and a great privilege of course.

Jassy 05-21-2009 12:35 AM

Wonderful news brother! What a blessing that has been given to you! I am certain that the LORD, through the Holy Spirit, will give you the confidence and the words to speak. His Word will come through you mightily - for the edification of the church.

Jassy