AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Doctrine (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What about church discipline? (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81)

lei-kjvonly 02-26-2008 09:43 PM

What about church discipline?

what stand do you people take on church discipline? I personally am for it and believe it is biblical.

jblm1611 02-26-2008 10:11 PM

I'm for it. The church I go to does it. Some today thinks it's to harsh but it's bible. Paul many times says to put away that person or that person because either they were in sin or there were different doctrinal issues that were contrary to the doctrine which I have learned ( Romans 16:17 )

sting of truth 02-26-2008 11:19 PM

i got a testimony you'll love..

a friend of mine, a dear brother in the Lord fell into sin [fornication] he was not willing to admit any responsibility in the issue, always passed the blame to others, a close friend of his from his church confronted him and warned him and he didn't listen, so they went as a small group which included his pastor and several other friends from his church, he still didn't listen so the next sunday before the service got underway they called him out on the carpet and confronted him with his sin publically, he was emberassed and was then disfellowshipped from the church because he wouldn't repent and accept what he was doing was sin and he left. the service continued like normal after the congregation spent time on their faces praying for him, then a few months later, he had repented of his sin, and he was able to be reincorporated into the body.. today he is married to the girl and they have a baby together. but he had to be disfellowshipped to see the weight of his sin.. otherwise he would still be living in sin with her, and would have no testimony. but praise God, to my knowledge he is living a righteous life now

fundy 02-26-2008 11:49 PM

Any miscreants that wont repent are tied up and left on the front steps of the local hyper-pentacostal praise and worship hall with a note pinned to their shirt that says "I love CCM drum solo's"

I know its not a Biblical approach, but it gets results.

Fundy

Paladin54 02-27-2008 09:45 PM

What about the things a church might have to worry about adolescents doing? I refer to mild disrespect in church, hat wearing of men (which is against doctrine, but generally disregarded by the people), feet up on the pews, laughing/talking during prayer....the little, disrespectful things.

What about crying babies? Your thoughts?

jerry 02-27-2008 10:09 PM

The Bible doesn't teach it is wrong for men to wear hats (that is just custom). The Bible teaches it is wrong for men to have a covering on their head - and the context of the covering is long hair, not hats. Conversely, it says women are to have that covering.

Paladin54 02-27-2008 10:17 PM

So forget what I said about hats, but as for the other things I mentioned?

lei-kjvonly 02-29-2008 10:19 AM

I believe that while in God's house and during worship there needs to be the least amount of distractions possible. One reason I believe this is because if we believe that God is working through the pastor, then in a sense God is speaking through that man to deliver a message to us. Therefore I believe that God deserves our utmost attention. Considering the matter of distractions, at our church we have a nursery in case babies start to cry, we can take them in there. We also don't allow talking during the service or offering. Some people think that when the offering comes around that gives them an opportunity to chit chat for a second. Absolutely not! That time is for you to prepare your heart for the message about to come.

I also believe that God's house needs to cared for and treated God's way. If you look at the book of Haggai God reapeatedly drives home the point that the condition of His house is not acceptable. I think He really cares how we take care of it how we act in while in it. All through scripture we see how God has certain specifications on how we worship him.

lei-kjvonly 02-29-2008 10:19 AM

Hey jerry do you believe women should where head coverings?

jerry 02-29-2008 11:15 AM

No:

1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.