AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   My Intro (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1248)

Jassy 05-17-2009 10:06 PM

My Intro

Greetings in the Lord Jesus Christ!

I hope to learn and grow here as well as contribute. I've been a Christian since 1986 - although my faith has undergone changes during that time. Has anyone else noticed the widening trend towards a very liberal Christianity, which uses many different Bible translations? It seems like the ministers just choose the one that fits best into their sermon. Truth does not seem to be revered as it once was.

I am so deeply thankful to our Lord and Savior for allowing me to read and understand the AV1611. He has given us His Holy Spirit to provide the opening of the understanding of Scripture, in addition to the comfort of truth.

No longer do I watch the news, fearful of what lays around the next bend in world politics or the developing "New World Order." I now understand that this was all foretold, along with God Almighty's ultimate triumph. He is not "losing that battle" in any way, shape or form - all is going exactly as He has ordained from the foundation of the world!

Because of the weakness of the churches these days, I have not found any local church that preaches from the KJV and doesn't have secular additions to "attract the youth" (such as rock bands and laser light shows) - even the conservative Baptist churches have now jumped into the cesspool of modern churches, seeming to think that anything that takes place within church walls is HOLY unto our Lord.

In fact, the church is "ecclesia" - the called out ones or the ASSEMBLY" - these are the ones that are true believers and will stand for the truth. These are the Body of Christ - they don't see "church" as a building that they go to on Sundays. They see it that Body of Christ.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this intro.

Jassy

peopleoftheway 05-18-2009 11:13 AM

Welcome Jassy

Brother or Sister ?

You are not alone in regards to finding a good Bible believing Church, they are becoming few and far between in all 4 corners of Gods earth, many have submitted to government, apostate ministers, ecumenism and the roads that lead to rome.
But its not about the Church as a building, its about the body of Christ gathered in his name, so whether there be 2 or 3 of you teaching / preaching the word, the Lord is there, be it in a field, the street or someones home.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

There is not a lot left in Revelations to be fulfilled, the fulness of the gentiles is almost come and Christ is at the door.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

James 5:9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

Brother Tim 05-18-2009 11:26 AM

Welcome, Jassy! :yo: You have some interesting observations.

Jassy 05-18-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleoftheway (Post 19997)
Welcome Jassy

Brother or Sister ?

Thank you for your kind welcome, brother Tim. I'm a sister. Right now, I read and study the Bible from home and I meet with a group of believers online. So that's our "church" because we are gathered together in His name.

Yes, I agree that the fulness of the Gentiles is almost come and Christ is at the door. How joyous for believers! And what a tragedy for those left outside of the wedding feast!

peopleoftheway 05-18-2009 02:07 PM

I'm a brother

Steve's the name :welcome:

Jassy 05-18-2009 02:13 PM

Thanks for the welcome brother Steve!! Sorry that I got mixed up between you and brother Tim. I'm new to this forum. And actually new to ANY forums - so it's rather a challenge to figure out how this all works!

peopleoftheway 05-18-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy (Post 20014)
Thanks for the welcome brother Steve!! Sorry that I got mixed up between you and brother Tim. I'm new to this forum. And actually new to ANY forums - so it's rather a challenge to figure out how this all works!

Point type and click sister, point type and click, you cant go wrong :)

Brother Tim 05-18-2009 02:38 PM

Look on the bright side, Jassy. You could have gone to Fightin' Fundamentalists Forum (FFF) and been lost forever! :pound:

Thank the LORD you made the right starting move.

KingSolomon1611 05-18-2009 04:37 PM

Jassy we just have one rule around here for the ladies. You can't be wearing pants while talking on the forum. Women have to wear a dress that comes down around 8 inches past your ankle... :mad: Just kidding. Welcome to the place where we "heretics" gather to fellowship online.

Jassy 05-18-2009 04:53 PM

Solomon,

Very funny! Who, I asketh, shall thou sendeth to measure mine hemline?

Jassy

greenbear 05-18-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tim (Post 20020)
Look on the bright side, Jassy. You could have gone to Fightin' Fundamentalists Forum (FFF) and been lost forever! :pound:

It's funny you should mention FFF. A few days ago I decided with weak hope to search for a good Christian board and happened upon FFF. Their railing against AV1611 was how I found out about your board! It's the same way I found my husband. I overheard some female co-workers maligning his fanatical christian beliefs and I immediately became interested! :p The Lord definitely has a sense of humor!

boaz212 05-18-2009 05:29 PM

Welcome Jassy to the forum! I guess I am the other brother Tim.

greenbear 05-18-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy (Post 19968)

I hope to learn and grow here as well as contribute. I've been a Christian since 1986 - although my faith has undergone changes during that time. Has anyone else noticed the widening trend towards a very liberal Christianity, which uses many different Bible translations? It seems like the ministers just choose the one that fits best into their sermon. Truth does not seem to be revered as it once was.

I am so deeply thankful to our Lord and Savior for allowing me to read and understand the AV1611. He has given us His Holy Spirit to provide the opening of the understanding of Scripture, in addition to the comfort of truth.

No longer do I watch the news, fearful of what lays around the next bend in world politics or the developing "New World Order." I now understand that this was all foretold, along with God Almighty's ultimate triumph. He is not "losing that battle" in any way, shape or form - all is going exactly as He has ordained from the foundation of the world!

Because of the weakness of the churches these days, I have not found any local church that preaches from the KJV and doesn't have secular additions to "attract the youth" (such as rock bands and laser light shows) - even the conservative Baptist churches have now jumped into the cesspool of modern churches, seeming to think that anything that takes place within church walls is HOLY unto our Lord.

In fact, the church is "ecclesia" - the called out ones or the ASSEMBLY" - these are the ones that are true believers and will stand for the truth. These are the Body of Christ - they don't see "church" as a building that they go to on Sundays. They see it that Body of Christ.

Jassy

I have recently come to realize my patriotic feelings and outrage over the deep capture of the US Govt by the Wall Street/Bank syndicate, the resulting implosion of the US and world economies and now the apparent accelerated race towards fascism in the US, with industry being seized and given to the trade unions, were beginning to get the upper hand over my understanding that this world is not my home.

Could any of us have foreseen 5 months ago that the NWO agenda would have made such significant strides in such a short time? I didn't see it coming this quickly. The Lord is judging this nation. I don't know if the Age of the Gentiles is reaching it's end or if there is another act to play out with China and it's 'satellites".

A Christian has to step away from these matters to some degree in order to have any time left for what really matters.

tonybones2112 05-18-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Jassy

Jassy, I want to welcome you to the forum.

My belief is there is no "new world order", this was grabbed upon by the extreme right from a statement George Bush Sr. made. The "world order" has always been here.

Paul says the things written aforetime(Genesis-Acts 28)are written for our learning. One of those examples is found in Acts 16 with the demon possessed girl calling people to the attention of Paul and his fellow travelers preaching the gospel. We have these liberal Christians follow us around, trying to impeach and derail the authority of the gospel of Christ, we have these nutcakes like the FFF gang follow us around, crying that we have no "inspired" Scripture. We have Rome running behind us claiming to be the "true" church. We have these cults saying, oh, we "re$tored the go$pel that was LO$T" like the SDA, the JWs, Church of Christ, Mormons. Then we got the followers of JR Graves, the Briders, saying there is no "invisible church" and the Body of Christ can only be found in a Bride Church where you have to get wet in their tank by their preacher with their church letter or you are none of His. I attended a Bride Church for two years.

Every day of your Christian walk look behind you and see who is following you today to try and slash your spiritual tires...

You then walk to them and preach them the gospel of Christ, these are the people who Christ died for, along with us.

Grace and peace

Tony

Jassy 05-18-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tim (Post 20020)

I'm sure thankful that I discovered THIS forum first, brother Tim! Had I come across the Fightin' Fundamentalist Forum first, it doesn't sound like it would have been the type of forum I would have joined.

I'm so thrilled to find this AV-loving forum, standing firm for God's Word of truth!

Jassy 05-18-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boaz212 (Post 20047)
Welcome Jassy to the forum! I guess I am the other brother Tim.

Well HELLO "other brother Tim"! I'm happy to make your acquaintance and thank you for the warm welcome!

Jassy 05-18-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenbear (Post 20051)
I have recently come to realize my patriotic feelings and outrage over the deep capture of the US Govt by the Wall Street/Bank syndicate, the resulting implosion of the US and world economies and now the apparent accelerated race towards fascism in the US, with industry being seized and given to the trade unions, were beginning to get the upper hand over my understanding that this world is not my home.

Could any of us have foreseen 5 months ago that the NWO agenda would have made such significant strides in such a short time? I didn't see it coming this quickly. The Lord is judging this nation. I don't know if the Age of the Gentiles is reaching it's end or if there is another act to play out with China and it's 'satellites".

A Christian has to step away from these matters to some degree in order to have any time left for what really matters.

The way I see it is that everything is going according to plan - GOD'S DIVINE PLAN!!

Jassy 05-18-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 20059)
Jassy, I want to welcome you to the forum.

My belief is there is no "new world order", this was grabbed upon by the extreme right from a statement George Bush Sr. made. The "world order" has always been here.

Paul says the things written aforetime(Genesis-Acts 28)are written for our learning. One of those examples is found in Acts 16 with the demon possessed girl calling people to the attention of Paul and his fellow travelers preaching the gospel. We have these liberal Christians follow us around, trying to impeach and derail the authority of the gospel of Christ, we have these nutcakes like the FFF gang follow us around, crying that we have no "inspired" Scripture. We have Rome running behind us claiming to be the "true" church. We have these cults saying, oh, we "re$tored the go$pel that was LO$T" like the SDA, the JWs, Church of Christ, Mormons. Then we got the followers of JR Graves, the Briders, saying there is no "invisible church" and the Body of Christ can only be found in a Bride Church where you have to get wet in their tank by their preacher with their church letter or you are none of His. I attended a Bride Church for two years.

Every day of your Christian walk look behind you and see who is following you today to try and slash your spiritual tires...

You then walk to them and preach them the gospel of Christ, these are the people who Christ died for, along with us.

Grace and peace

Tony

Thank you Tony for your warm welcome.

I agree with you that there is no NEW World Order - this "world order" has been in the planning for thousands of years. Even Paul warned about deceptiveness in his day! I believe that the beginnings of it stretch back very far. Today they're just getting closer to making it happen.

Good advice, Tony, about looking behind me to see who is following me to try and slash my spiritual tires. Regular Bible study, prayer and fasting keeps me on the right track.

It sounds like this forum will be helpful as well!

Jassy

tonybones2112 05-18-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy (Post 20066)
Thank you Tony for your warm welcome.

I agree with you that there is no NEW World Order - this "world order" has been in the planning for thousands of years. Even Paul warned about deceptiveness in his day! I believe that the beginnings of it stretch back very far. Today they're just getting closer to making it happen.

Good advice, Tony, about looking behind me to see who is following me to try and slash my spiritual tires. Regular Bible study, prayer and fasting keeps me on the right track.

It sounds like this forum will be helpful as well!

Jassy

Jassy, what is ironic is I have to be a member of a "Mid-Acts" Dipensationalist forum, nominally my "own crowd", to get KICKED OFF IT. Some of the grace believing groups have been leavened and penetrated by Unitarian/Universalists and the Original Manuscript Frauds("MVs") who say we have no inspired Scripture. Other grace groups are victims of Cornelius Stam's Calvinism and you could not get them to pass out a tract or witness to someone at gunpoint. In this forum of largely IFBs we all agree on the fundamentals of the faith, Christ crucified, and the infallibility of our Paper Pope, the KJV, and that's good enough for me. You'll profit much from this forum.

Yes, watch your back, but remember to turn and preach Christ to whatever is behind you, he or she is lost and on their way to hell. There is no spiritual disease the gospel of Christ won't cure.

Grace and peace Sister

Tony

Jassy 05-18-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 20073)
Jassy, what is ironic is I have to be a member of a "Mid-Acts" Dipensationalist forum, nominally my "own crowd", to get KICKED OFF IT. Some of the grace believing groups have been leavened and penetrated by Unitarian/Universalists and the Original Manuscript Frauds("MVs") who say we have no inspired Scripture. Other grace groups are victims of Cornelius Stam's Calvinism and you could not get them to pass out a tract or witness to someone at gunpoint. In this forum of largely IFBs we all agree on the fundamentals of the faith, Christ crucified, and the infallibility of our Paper Pope, the KJV, and that's good enough for me. You'll profit much from this forum.

Yes, watch your back, but remember to turn and preach Christ to whatever is behind you, he or she is lost and on their way to hell. There is no spiritual disease the gospel of Christ won't cure.

Grace and peace Sister

Tony

Tony,

I generally leave tracts about for people to pick up and read. Sometimes, being dissatisfied with the available tracts, I've made my own (I love doing the art graphics as well!) to distribute.

Sometimes an in-your-face person giving out tracts will turn people to run in the other direction. I've seen people look at the tracts and stuff them in a pocket or just throw them down on the floor to be trampled on.

Chick tracts may not be perfect, but they at least use the KJV and they do get read. I have occasionally left a P.O. Box address on tracts, for people to be able to contact me if they feel led to do so for further prayer, encouragement or direction in their Christian life.

I guess I'm not sophisticated enough to know if I am a Dispensationalist or not. I trust in the Lord and lean on Him and not on my own understanding. If I did THAT - leaning on my own understand - I would be in biiiiiiiiig trouble!;) so I guess I remain rather simple in my faith, until I learn otherwise.

Jassy

tonybones2112 05-19-2009 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy (Post 20074)
Tony,

I generally leave tracts about for people to pick up and read. Sometimes, being dissatisfied with the available tracts, I've made my own (I love doing the art graphics as well!) to distribute.

Sometimes an in-your-face person giving out tracts will turn people to run in the other direction. I've seen people look at the tracts and stuff them in a pocket or just throw them down on the floor to be trampled on.

Chick tracts may not be perfect, but they at least use the KJV and they do get read. I have occasionally left a P.O. Box address on tracts, for people to be able to contact me if they feel led to do so for further prayer, encouragement or direction in their Christian life.

I guess I'm not sophisticated enough to know if I am a Dispensationalist or not. I trust in the Lord and lean on Him and not on my own understanding. If I did THAT - leaning on my own understand - I would be in biiiiiiiiig trouble!;) so I guess I remain rather simple in my faith, until I learn otherwise.

Jassy

I got a tract I made around here somewhere that addresses the Jesus Only/Oneness Pentecostal cult. They believe God wore three disguises: God the Father in the OT, Jesus Christ in the Four Gospels, and the Holy Ghost now. It has a painting of Jesus praying in the garden. I whited His face out and put a big question mark in it. The title is Did Jesus Christ Pray To Himself?

There are many types of dispensationalism. There was a dispensation under Noah, I'm sure there are people who believe they need to build a boat. There was one under Moses, and you got people out there shaloming, el shaddai'ing, keeping the sabbath and trying to mix the Law with the Cross of Christ. There was one under Peter, James, and John the Catholic Church stole from Israel that they ain't figured out how to make it work after 1700 years so they exterminate anyone who don't agree with whatever it is but they got a nice Centerfold and a God you can eat. I'm a Pauline Dispensationalist, I am not "of" Paul but a "follower" of Paul as His instructions to me for today were given by Jesus Christ Himself, as He gave Noah, Moses, and the Twelve their instructions for their followers.

Then there are the Frisbyterians who believe when you die you soul goes on top of your house and won't come down.:eek:

Grace and peace

Tony

Kiwi Christian 05-19-2009 04:00 AM

Quote:

Because of the weakness of the churches these days, I have not found any local church that preaches from the KJV and doesn't have secular additions...

I pray that you keep searching and praying for a local church to assemble 'face to face' with other believers. Sure, many churches are in a sad state today but that shouldn't lesson our obligation to gather together with other members of the body regularly for worship and fellowship. God has a local church for you somewhere.

Welcome to this place Jassy, may it be a blessing to your soul.

biblereader 05-19-2009 06:39 AM

Fighting Fundamentalists? Is that a real forum?

biblereader 05-19-2009 06:41 AM

hello

Hello, sister Jassy. How are you this fine day?
I'm on my way to my volunteer job, but will be back later on.
(Jassy and I have known each other for a long time, she is one of the most solid CHristian friends I have. I thank God for her friendship)

Brother Tim 05-19-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Fighting Fundamentalists? Is that a real forum?
That depends on what the meaning of "real" is! :D Some of the posters there use false identities and pretense to attempt to fool the sheep. Only go there if you have a tough hide.

chette777 05-19-2009 08:21 AM

Fighting Fundamentalist that is a perfect name for the site. they just love to fight that is for sure.

Diligent 05-19-2009 08:25 AM

They seem to be trying to rival Google as a source for incoming traffic to this place.

biblereader 05-19-2009 10:57 AM

I have a very tough hide, no problem. The Lord Jesus has seen fit to make me
one of his soldiers. I like it.
:)
So, how do I get there?

biblereader 05-19-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tim (Post 20090)
That depends on what the meaning of "real" is! :D Some of the posters there use false identities and pretense to attempt to fool the sheep. Only go there if you have a tough hide.

Oh, yeah, I have a tough hide. I've been talking to backslidden Christians, wolves in sheep's clothing, and atheists for years. They all seem to say the same thing, too. It's as if some demonic being has been working through lost people for years.
How do I get to this fighting fundamentalists page?

Jassy 05-19-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 20077)
I got a tract I made around here somewhere that addresses the Jesus Only/Oneness Pentecostal cult. They believe God wore three disguises: God the Father in the OT, Jesus Christ in the Four Gospels, and the Holy Ghost now. It has a painting of Jesus praying in the garden. I whited His face out and put a big question mark in it. The title is Did Jesus Christ Pray To Himself?

There are many types of dispensationalism. There was a dispensation under Noah, I'm sure there are people who believe they need to build a boat. There was one under Moses, and you got people out there shaloming, el shaddai'ing, keeping the sabbath and trying to mix the Law with the Cross of Christ. There was one under Peter, James, and John the Catholic Church stole from Israel that they ain't figured out how to make it work after 1700 years so they exterminate anyone who don't agree with whatever it is but they got a nice Centerfold and a God you can eat. I'm a Pauline Dispensationalist, I am not "of" Paul but a "follower" of Paul as His instructions to me for today were given by Jesus Christ Himself, as He gave Noah, Moses, and the Twelve their instructions for their followers.

Then there are the Frisbyterians who believe when you die you soul goes on top of your house and won't come down.:eek:

Grace and peace

Tony

Tony, I wonder, do the Jesus Only/Oneness Pentecostal cult also believe in Halloween then - since they believe that God wore 3 disguises? The problem with their approach is that they're thinking in HUMAN terms. God is GOD and He is SPIRIT and He does things that we are incapable of and sometimes cannot understand. Yet we have faith and trust in Him and His Word is sure.

If I'm any type of Dispensationalist, then, like you, I must be a Pauline Dispensationalist. Paul did say "MY Gospel" - and not Christ's Gospel. Paul's teachings were different from all the other Apostles' teachings. He based the Church upon GRACE.

I'm still confused about some things. For example, God choses us:

Ephesians 1:4 - "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world,..."

And yet, Rev. 22:17 makes it appear that we have free will to choose: "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

I believe that we cannot come to the faith in Jesus Christ on our own:

John 6:44 - "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."

There are so many that think that once you're called, that's it and there's nothing else you can do. I guess they call that "irresistable grace." That doesn't sound right to me. A person is given a free will - or else we are all just puppets.

It is true that God KNOWS all things and He knows who will choose or reject Him. He knows when he has drawn a person and what that person's reaction and choice are.

I believe that God drew me to Him several times, and I DID resist Him. I did not, at that time, understand. But God is very patient, and He loves us, He will (and did) try several times. He did that with me, until the timing was right for me to respond with JOY and strong FAITH.

That doesn't mean that God chose the wrong timing with me, at first, it was just His plan to do that in my life.

Jassy

Jassy 05-19-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian (Post 20079)
I pray that you keep searching and praying for a local church to assemble 'face to face' with other believers. Sure, many churches are in a sad state today but that shouldn't lesson our obligation to gather together with other members of the body regularly for worship and fellowship. God has a local church for you somewhere.

Welcome to this place Jassy, may it be a blessing to your soul.

Thank your for your kind welcome, Matt. Yes, I do realize that assembling face-to-face with other believers is best. There are other considerations for me. I am Deaf and not all churches provide interpreters. The ones that do, aren't preaching the truth, from what I have seen. Then there are the "Deaf Churches" who water down the message so much and only give the MILK of the Word and not the MEAT.

I continue to pray to find a church "home" for myself. Thank you for your prayers!

Jassy

Jassy 05-19-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblereader (Post 20087)
Hello, sister Jassy. How are you this fine day?
I'm on my way to my volunteer job, but will be back later on.
(Jassy and I have known each other for a long time, she is one of the most solid CHristian friends I have. I thank God for her friendship)

Hello sister!

I'm glad that you've joined the forum here! I also thank God for your friendship as well. What a blessing we have in Jesus!

Jassy

Jassy 05-19-2009 11:56 AM

Brother Tim, Chette and Brandon,

I think I'll steer clear of those on the Fighting Fundamentalists Forum! I've met enough of them for a lifetime. I've seen them so often in online so-called "Christian" chatrooms!

Yep, they love to fight!! And they love to post quotes from perverted Bible translations. If I post there from the KJV, I automatically get slapped with an
"inflexible fundamentalist" label. GOOD! Let them label me as such - I'm SOLID in my faith and not tossed about by every wind of doctrine! (Eph. 4:14)

Jassy

biblereader 05-19-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy (Post 20115)
Brother Tim, Chette and Brandon,

I think I'll steer clear of those on the Fighting Fundamentalists Forum! I've met enough of them for a lifetime. I've seen them so often in online so-called "Christian" chatrooms!

Yep, they love to fight!! And they love to post quotes from perverted Bible translations. If I post there from the KJV, I automatically get slapped with an
"inflexible fundamentalist" label. GOOD! Let them label me as such - I'm SOLID in my faith and not tossed about by every wind of doctrine! (Eph. 4:14)

Jassy

I'm so glad God gave each of us a different spiritual gift, aren't you?
I like to use my armor.
I'm not much in the hospitality or "feel good" gifts, though. That is OK, because God made each of us to fit in a special place, within the body of Christ.

George 05-19-2009 01:04 PM

Re: "My Intro"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy (Post 20112)
Tony, I wonder, do the Jesus Only/Oneness Pentecostal cult also believe in Halloween then - since they believe that God wore 3 disguises? The problem with their approach is that they're thinking in HUMAN terms. God is GOD and He is SPIRIT and He does things that we are incapable of and sometimes cannot understand. Yet we have faith and trust in Him and His Word is sure.

If I'm any type of Dispensationalist, then, like you, I must be a Pauline Dispensationalist. Paul did say "MY Gospel" - and not Christ's Gospel. Paul's teachings were different from all the other Apostles' teachings. He based the Church upon GRACE.

Ephesians 1:4 - "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world,..."

And yet, Rev. 22:17 makes it appear that we have free will to choose: "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

John 6:44 - "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."

There are so many that think that once you're called, that's it and there's nothing else you can do. I guess they call that "irresistable grace." That doesn't sound right to me. A person is given a free will - or else we are all just puppets.

It is true that God KNOWS all things and He knows who will choose or reject Him. He knows when he has drawn a person and what that person's reaction and choice are.

I believe that God drew me to Him several times, and I DID resist Him. I did not, at that time, understand. But God is very patient, and He loves us, He will (and did) try several times. He did that with me, until the timing was right for me to respond with JOY and strong FAITH.

That doesn't mean that God chose the wrong timing with me, at first, it was just His plan to do that in my life.

Jassy

Aloha Jassy,

I want to echo all of the other welcomes coming from the brethren here on the Forum.

At the risk of sounding presumptuous, you stated: "I'm still confused about some things. For example, God chooses us:"

If you care to check out my Thread & subsequent Posts on Calvinism, you might find some information that may be of some help to you.

The main body of the study on the Five Points of Calvinism (T.U.L.I.P.):

http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...53&postcount=1
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...59&postcount=3
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...44&postcount=9
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...9&postcount=45
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...0&postcount=67
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...9&postcount=89
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...5&postcount=96

Additional comments in answer to some questions:

http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...6&postcount=13
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...3&postcount=16
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...9&postcount=25
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...7&postcount=37
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...7&postcount=52
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...2&postcount=54
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...9&postcount=59
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...1&postcount=60
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...5&postcount=62
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...7&postcount=73
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...5&postcount=75
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...0&postcount=87
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...&postcount=101
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...&postcount=110
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...&postcount=117

All you have to do is "click on" the Link and it will take you to the particular "Thread" or "Post".

I know this is a whole lot of information, but I too wondered for many years about these things before undertaking this study. I believe that if Christians sincerely search for the truth, God will show them (in His own time) the truth. It took 40 years of study and preparation before I could try to "tackle" this issue; I couldn't have done it 10 years ago - I wasn't "prepared", and God hadn't revealed some of the things to me, that He has revealed in the last few years.

If you have any questions - you might check out the "comments" Posts. There were several questions from some of the members of the Forum and I may have already answered your question elsewhere.

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

Jassy 05-19-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George (Post 20122)
Aloha Jassy,

I want to echo all of the other welcomes coming from the brethren here on the Forum.

At the risk of sounding presumptuous, you stated: "I'm still confused about some things. For example, God chooses us:"

If you care to check out my Thread & subsequent Posts on Calvinism, you might find some information that may be of some help to you.

The main body of the study on the Five Points of Calvinism (T.U.L.I.P.):

http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...53&postcount=1
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...59&postcount=3
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...44&postcount=9
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...9&postcount=45
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...0&postcount=67
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...9&postcount=89
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...5&postcount=96

Additional comments in answer to some questions:

http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...6&postcount=13
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...3&postcount=16
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...9&postcount=25
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...7&postcount=37
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...7&postcount=52
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...2&postcount=54
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...9&postcount=59
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...1&postcount=60
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...5&postcount=62
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...7&postcount=73
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...5&postcount=75
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...0&postcount=87
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...&postcount=101
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...&postcount=110
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...&postcount=117

All you have to do is "click on" the Link and it will take you to the particular "Thread" or "Post".

I know this is a whole lot of information, but I too wondered for many years about these things before undertaking this study. I believe that if Christians sincerely search for the truth, God will show them (in His own time) the truth. It took 40 years of study and preparation before I could try to "tackle" this issue; I couldn't have done it 10 years ago - I wasn't "prepared", and God hadn't revealed some of the things to me, that He has revealed in the last few years.

If you have any questions - you might check out the "comments" Posts. There were several questions from some of the members of the Forum and I may have already answered your question elsewhere.

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

Greetings George,

Thank you for your welcome. I've studied Calvinism in the past - but you've posted some good things previously, so I will study again and I'll respond after some time. I don't yet know your view of Calvinism but, when I studied it in the past, I felt that it didn't fit, overall, with the Bible. I know some diehard Calvinists that INSIST that their T.U.L.I.P. is the only way to believe. I thought that the Word of God was the only way to believe!

Thanks for reposting some links to your previous threads. (Oops! I originally typed "threats"!! and that was totally unintended! Good thing I caught that and changed my typo!:eek:) I've been a Bible reader and studier for about 30 years.

Jassy

Jassy 05-19-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblereader (Post 20116)
I'm so glad God gave each of us a different spiritual gift, aren't you?
I like to use my armor.
I'm not much in the hospitality or "feel good" gifts, though. That is OK, because God made each of us to fit in a special place, within the body of Christ.

As to spiritual gifts, I'm definitely more of an encourager than an exhorter. I dislike when discussions veer off into name calling and/or threats. To me, that is immature and uncalled for. Since we are to be "one mind in Christ" (Rom. 12:16, 15:6; 2 Cor. 13:11; Phil. 1:27, 2:2; 1 Peter 3:8), the only thing that I can see is that some are not truly a part of the BODY of Christ or perhaps they just enjoy being contentious (1 Cor. 1:11; Titus 3:9)!

Yes, we are all DIFFERENT parts - but like a body, unless it is diseased, all the parts work TOGETHER for the good of the whole. Jesus Christ is the HEAD or the BRAIN that every other part must be plugged into in order to correctly function. I love that analogy! (1 Cor. 12)

Jassy

greenbear 05-19-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy (Post 20065)
The way I see it is that everything is going according to plan - GOD'S DIVINE PLAN!!

Amen, Sister!

greenbear 05-19-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy (Post 20112)

Jassy

Jassy,

I hope I'm not responding to ALL of your posts but I can't help it! The fact that you reject Calvinism and Arminianism with little or no biblical construct is fascinating and wonderful. What a testimony that is to understanding the character of God by faith alone in His goodness. I used to be absolutely tormented by this issue. If you become even remotely familiar with a dispensational framework for viewing the scriptures as a whole I know a whole lot of confusion will just 'melt away" as it did with me. If I could I would mail copies of some of Dave Hunt's books to you. I would especially recommend "What Love Is This? Calvinism's Misrepresentaion Of God" and "A Woman Rides The Beast". They are graced by the Spirit of Truth.

Jassy 05-19-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenbear (Post 20139)
Jassy,

I hope I'm not responding to ALL of your posts but I can't help it! The fact that you reject Calvinism and Arminianism with little or no biblical construct is fascinating and wonderful. What a testimony that is to understanding the character of God by faith alone in His goodness. I used to be absolutely tormented by this issue. If you become even remotely familiar with a dispensational framework for viewing the scriptures as a whole I know a whole lot of confusion will just 'melt away" as it did with me. If I could I would mail copies of some of Dave Hunt's books to you. I would especially recommend "What Love Is This? Calvinism's Misrepresentaion Of God" and "A Woman Rides The Beast". They are graced by the Spirit of Truth.

Greenbear,

You are most welcome to respond to any or all of my posts! I'm happy to communicate with a sister in the Lord! I think that I am more familiar than would be suggested by some of my posts. However, I am just not "up" on the terminology used. I've been studying the Bible for over 30 years (most of that in the KJV/AV), so I do think that I have a pretty good grounding in the Word of God.) I have primarily studied it on my own - not in formal Bible studies or groups or in a church.

I know what Calvinism is and I rejected it when I heard it. I have in my mind what I believe the Holy Spirit has led me to. I trust in that.

Thank you for the book recommendations! They sound very good and I'll look for them.

Jassy