AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prayer Requests (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A soul I met on youtube that needs Jesus! (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700)

stephanos 11-08-2008 01:47 AM

A soul I met on youtube that needs Jesus!

I spend quite a bit of time shining the light on youtube. Most of the time I'm trying to rebuke/exhort/admonish those who profess Jesus Christ already. Today was different. I recieved a message that gave me a chance to share the gospel with someone who seemed like deep down he is entertaining the idea of God and eternity. Here is the message I recieved:

Quote:

are you really that religious ? does it mean that much to you ? do you believe completely ? what would you say to an atheist who is very depressed and struggling in life ?
I could tell that something was happening in this person. I knew I couldn't pass up this chance to witness to him. So I poured it all out on him, lol:

Quote:

I would suggest that perhaps your atheism isn't helping your depression and struggles. Perhaps you are like I was when I fought my families belief in the risen Son of God, Jesus Christ. I mocked them for years, but then God stirred in my heart through the faithful witness of my mother and I believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. You see aspirationsofapathy, the gospel is so simple. God's plan to save your soul is simple. In times past it wasn't so, but now it is. God only asks that you realize that all of the rebellious things you've done (lying, stealing, lusting) have caused you to stand judged for these sins already.

Hebrews 9:27 (KJV) And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Romans 3:10-12 (KJV) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Revelation 20:10-15 (KJV) And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

But despite this very sin that has come between you and God, God still loves you and wants to redeem you from the sins in your life.

Romans 5:8 (KJV) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

You see aspirationsofapathy, God knew that you couldn't do anything to redeem yourself. The Bible is clear what is required in God's eyes to purge your sin.

Matthew 26:28 (KJV) For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. - Jesus

Hebrews 9:22 (KJV) And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. (of sin)

Hebrews 10:12,14 (KJV) But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

So you see, Jesus gave Himself to make atonement for sin through His blood, to make a way for us to be peace with God.

Romans 6:23 (KJV) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Notice how Jesus calls God 'the Father' here?

John 1:12-13 (KJV) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

So you see, friend, perhaps you are feeling depressed and struggling with things in this life because you know that this world could never satisfy that still small voice inside of you that witnesses to you of a higher truth. But I'm here to tell you that the truth is SIMPLE. You can be saved RIGHT NOW!

So you might be asking right now, "what must I do to be saved?"

Acts 16:31 (KJV) And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

You see, Jesus Christ died a violent death for your sins, was buried behind a stone, and then three days later arose from the dead in order to offer you this free gift of salvation. You see it is free to all who believe.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (KJV) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 10:9-10,13 (KJV) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

So, my friend, if you are coming under the conviction of your sins for the first time, and you realize that you need to be saved from these sins, or else face judgement and eternity in hell, then now is the time to recieve this free gift of salvation through Christ Jesus the Lord. I hope you are ready my friend. Just remember, you don't have to DO anything to recieve this free gift. Just believe. If you have believed on the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ right now, do let me know. Also perhaps now is a good time to let God the Father know in prayer. Confess your sinfulness to Him, and plead for His mercy by the blood of His Son Jesus Christ. If you have done this, then you ARE SAVED! Now would be a good time to let someone know as well that you have recieved this gift of eternal life in Christ Jesus!

Peace and Love,
Stephen
I really hope I didn't throw to much at him to chew (I'm still very new to soulwinning). So, I'd like to encourage you all to pray for this guy. His name on youtube is aspirationsofapathy, and his page indicates that he's (could be a she) a 27 year old living in the UK. Let's pray that God would glorify Himself through this soul in need of a Saviour!

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen

Vendetta Ride 11-08-2008 12:05 PM

I'll pray for him, brother. I don't know whether you overwhelmed him/her with the verses or not, but you certainly need to use scripture: that's what does the job. In Internet witnessing, however, it's easy for a person to just skim over the scriptures, to get to your own remarks. That's why I try to "bury" the verses within the paragraphs I write myself: I don't hide them, but I make it more difficult for the readers to skip them.

Please remember to pray for my new non-Christian friend at Pravda, named Harris. He's half Navajo, and claims to be a Muslim - - - but I don't think he's a Muslim at heart. We have a lot in common (grandchildren, divorces, etc.) and have struck up quite a rapport. It's gotten to where he even threatened to leave a very active thread, because someone was rude to me! LOL! I'll pray for yours, and you pray for mine!

Cody1611 11-08-2008 12:50 PM

Great response, brother! I will praying that this guy will come to Christ.

God Bless

Biblestudent 11-08-2008 02:18 PM

Amen! Praying for you, stephanos!

stephanos 11-08-2008 03:22 PM

Thank you everyone. Sowing seeds is exciting. Also, VR, I'll be praying for Harris.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen

atlas 11-09-2008 02:13 AM

Stephanos,

I'll pray for him brother, but always keep salvation as simple as you can my friend. VR is right try not to overwhelm this person with to many Bible verses.

Atlas

stephanos 11-09-2008 03:57 AM

Yeah I was thinking that to, but I wanted to make sure I got all my bases covered since I knew there was a chance I was only going to get him to read the response, and then he'd disappear. If I know a conversation is going to go on for a while, then bite size chunks of Scripture would be preferable. When witnessing on youtube, facebook, etc, I usually only get one message to say what I need to say.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

atlas 11-09-2008 04:55 AM

Stephanos,

I hope you will lead this person to the Lord. Just always keep salvation simple. I think you covered all of the bases.

:D

Atlas