AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bible Versions (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Some People Should Realize... (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235)

Jordan 05-08-2008 09:34 PM

Some People Should Realize...

That the KJV isn't the only "true" translation. Words have changed in meaning since it was published (1600's) and the word's have been replaced with something that is an alternative that means THE SAME THING. I think it's good that we have different versions of the Bible, like the NASB, NKJV, AMP, etc.

bibleprotector 05-08-2008 11:39 PM

The King James Bible is a true translation, and is to be used now as the only true one. While words have meanings that are added to them, no King James Bible word has changed or lost its meaning. In fact, no English word from 1453 has been lost, made obsolete or has actually lost its meaning.

Different words mean different things. Different modern versions contradict both themselves and other modern versions, as well as many times contradicting the King James Bible.

This is Isaiah 9:3 in the KJB, "Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy: they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil." Notice that many other modern versions do not have the word "not", but say that God has increased the joy.

I think it is bad to have different versions, because it casts doubt on God's Word, causes confusion and is not a good witness of an all-powerful God who cannot lie.

George 05-09-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 4250)
That the KJV isn't the only "true" translation. Words have changed in meaning since it was published (1600's) and the word's have been replaced with something that is an alternative that means THE SAME THING. I think it's good that we have different versions of the Bible, like the NASB, NKJV, AMP, etc.

Aloha Jordan,

Have you read my post outlining the "Which Bible Issue" on this Forum? You will find it at:

AV1611 Bible Forums > Bible Versions > Were The Early Fundamentalist KJV Only? > Page 7 - Post #69

If you haven't read the Post - Please do. The "issue" of "Which Bible" is far more complex than your or my "personal preference".
Quote:

I think it's good that we have different versions of the Bible, like the NASB, NKJV, AMP, etc.
Have you examined the following Issues in depth, or at all?

1. The Question: Which Bible, if any, is God's Holy word?
2. The Internal Evidence: What Does God Have to say about His word?
3. Old Testament History of the Text.
4. New Testament History of the Text.
5. The History of the Transmission of the Text of the Bible in the Church Age.
6.The Manuscript Evidence - {Hebrew, Greek. Latin, Syrian, Armenian, Georgian, Gothic, Egyptian, etc., etc.}
7.A Comparison of Versions with the King James Bible.

If you haven't, you should before you make a judgment call that will affect the rest of your Christian life. Christians are obligated (commanded) to judge "righteous judgment" [John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.] and you'll notice that we are NOT to judge according to "appearance".

What you or I "think" is of no consequence to God.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

God expects us to live "by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" - How can we if all of the "modern versions" differ from the King James Bible in as much as 5000 places in the New Testament alone?

All of the "modern bible versions" are based on a very few extremely corrupt manuscripts (especially in the New Testament) and the fact that most modern day Christians are ignorant of these facts and many, many more, will not excuse them at the "Judgment Seat of Christ."

If you are not familiar with this most important issue read some of the books that I recommend in my Post #69. Take your King James Bible and compare it with any modern version and see for yourself the difference between them {Go to the King James Bible Page - http://av1611.com/kjbp/ and check out "Westcott and Hort's Magic Marker Binge"; and the many articles that "Diligent" (Brandon) has posted about this subject.

Take your time - don't make any hasty judgments about the issue of "Which Bible" without examining the issue in some depth first.

[Proverbs 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.]

I will be happy to assist you in any way that I can in your search for the "scripture of truth" {Daniel 10:21}. :)

Yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy Word,

George Anderson

Jordan 05-09-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibleprotector (Post 4255)
The King James Bible is a true translation, and is to be used now as the only true one. While words have meanings that are added to them, no King James Bible word has changed or lost its meaning. In fact, no English word from 1453 has been lost, made obsolete or has actually lost its meaning.

Different words mean different things. Different modern versions contradict both themselves and other modern versions, as well as many times contradicting the King James Bible.

This is Isaiah 9:3 in the KJB, "Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy: they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil." Notice that many other modern versions do not have the word "not", but say that God has increased the joy.

I think it is bad to have different versions, because it casts doubt on God's Word, causes confusion and is not a good witness of an all-powerful God who cannot lie.

How do you know the original translators didn't make mistakes? You don't do you?

Luke 05-09-2008 01:56 AM

Are you honestly claiming that 43 learned men who loved God, and understand the Hebrew and Greek far better than anyone alive today, made mistakes? Since every translation had to be approved by each of the 43 men, are you honestly saying that ALL 43 agreed to put mistranslations into the Bible?

If this is your best evidence, you better go hide. I hear the shotguns being loaded friend.

Jordan 05-09-2008 02:31 AM

No I'm not saying that but I'm saying that they weren't the smartest people ever in the universe or anything. I'm just saying it's all God's inspired Word, why can't we all be nice?

Luke 05-09-2008 02:59 AM

Friend, I see your earnest desire to see Christians in unity of the Spirit, and we would be, if we were in unity of the word.

Can you honestly read the following in the King James Bible, and say it is the same as the New International Version?

King James
Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

NIV
Mic 5:2 But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times[/B]

Jordan, are ancient times and everlasting the same thing? One is grounded in TIME, the other is ETERNITY.

And which of these is Jesus Christ from? Does he have an origin? Or has he ALWAYS EXISTED.

Friend, I think an honest inquiry into the differences between Bibles would help you to understand the real issue here. We don't like the KJB because of personal preference. We love the KJB because of conviction.

jerry 05-09-2008 05:57 AM

The difference between the KJV and other modern versions is not a changing of words having the same meaning - it is changing the meaning of the words that is the problem.

You think the Amplified Bible is good?

Here is The Amplified Bible's note on Isaiah 14:12, where they say:

Quote:

"'Light-bringer' or 'Shining one' was originally translated Lucifer, but because of the association of that name with Satan it is not now used. Some students feel that the application of the name Lucifer to Satan, in spite of the long and confident teaching to that effect, is erroneous. Lucifer, the light-bringer is the Latin equivalent of the Greek word Phosphoros, which is used as a title of Christ in II Peter 1:19 and corresponds to the name 'bright Morning Star' in Revelation 22:16, which Jesus called Himself."
Does it matter if your "Bible" translates Lucifer as the Morning Star in Isaiah 14:12, thereby equating the person who sought to exalt himself above God and who was subsequently cast out of Heaven with Jesus Christ, the Morning Star? And if that heresy wasn't obvious enough for us, often they also add cross-references referring to 2 Peter 1:19 and Revelation 22:16 so we wouldn't miss the point.

Diligent 05-09-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 4250)
the word's have been replaced with something that is an alternative that means THE SAME THING.

If you really believe this, you haven't spent any time comparing the KJV with the versions you listed.

Start here:

http://av1611.com/kjbp/charts/themagicmarker.html

Do you still think they all say "the same thing?"

Jeremy 05-09-2008 10:32 AM

I have always used the KJV and agree with those posting here.
It is sad in our day,that most churches use 2 or 3 versions while giving a sermon. When it comes to new versions, i think of it as several people sitting around a table and passing on what the first person says. By the time it gets back to the original person, the meaning, and what was said, had changed.
I was not impressed with Rick Warren and the Purpose Driven life, it seemed to take on a life of its own,people started to take it as the gospel.
How many versions did Rick use?? around 15 or more. I shouldn't have to feel ashamed for using or even bringing my KJ bible to church,but, where i go, sometimes i feel that way.
My background is Bapstist,but i am currently at a Quaker church,this is where my parents go.

If you use the KJV,you are definitely a minority, or at least it is that way in my community of about 10,000.

Don't expect me to go to these other versions, niv,nasb,lb etcc.
To me they are man inspired not God inspired!

Jordan 05-09-2008 11:15 AM

You guys are just too closed minded...

Jordan 05-09-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Therefore as S. Augustine saith, that variety of Translations is profitable for the finding out of the sense of the Scriptures: [S. Aug. 2. de doctr. Christian. cap. 14.]
What about what S. Augustine says in the preface of the 1611 edition of the Bible?

Luke 05-09-2008 03:18 PM

But who is Augustine? He is another man.

What does it matter what men say about the scriptures? What do the scriptures say about the scriptures? What does God say about the scriptures?

And can you please reply to the questions/refutes posted thus far?

In Christ,
Luke

Jordan 05-09-2008 03:42 PM

So then we shouldn't read it. Jesus didn't speak English so we should read it in the original Hebrew and Greek texts.

Luke 05-09-2008 05:27 PM

Feel free to learn Ancient Hebrew and Koine Greek. Feel free to find those "Original Manuscripts".

George 05-09-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 4280)
So then we shouldn't read it. Jesus didn't speak English so we should read it in the original Hebrew and Greek texts.

Aloha Jordan,

Did you read my post #3 on this post? if you did - You haven't addressed it.
Did you go back and read my post #69:
AV1611 Bible Forums > Bible Versions > Were The Early Fundamentalist KJV Only? > Page 7 - if you did, you have avoided addressing any of the issues and points that I brought up.

If you are unwilling to examine an issue on its merits and just decide matters on how you "feel"; or what you personally "think" you are not going to learn very much from God's Holy word.

You accuse those of us on this Forum of being: "narrow minded" - is it just possible that you might not know what you are talking about? I'm 50 years older than you is it just possible that I might know "just a little bit" more than you? I have 16 grandchildren, some of which are older than you, is there a chance that God might have shown me something that he hasn't shown you yet?

If you refuse to read those posts and address the issues presented in them then all you are doing is engaging in "destructive criticism" without any foundation or "facts" to support your position.

You're 18 years old - start thinking like a man, instead of a child. :)

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

bibleprotector 05-09-2008 09:18 PM

The 1611 translators wrote, "Therefore as St Augustine saith, that variety of translations is profitable for the finding out of the sense of the Scriptures".

Where they, or Augustine of Hippo talking about modern versions? No. Were they actually recommending that many different translations were needed for us to find out the sense of the Scripture? No.

The KJB translators looked at many different sources, it is true, but they selected or identified that there was one true reading and one true translation at every place. If you point to the margins, they are evidence in favour of having one true reading and one true translation. The marginal matter is not "alternative", but "variant". It is other information which may either be false, erroneous, half true, inaccurate, semi-factual, etc., but it is never the exact, inspired truth.

It is completely wrong for people today to be consulting a variety of translations (except in a believing mode) because we must start from the foundation of having ONE REPRESENTATIONAL AUTHORITY. The modernists put anything else there, such as their own opinion, but we must put God's Word there. We put the KJB as the foundation. We recognise that it is the standard which God has supplied. And from that point, we have already accepted that the variety of translations was profitable for rendering the sense as is presented in the King James Bible, and by studying the KJB, we are finding out the sense of the Scripture without having to consult the "originals".

Thus, if ever a believer was to look at anything other than the KJB, it must be with the view that what he is looking at is imperfect/not aligning exactly to the truth. Therefore, we do not use the Greek to correct the KJB, but rather, should be viewing anyone who is trying to do so with extreme suspicion in that regard. This is because we already have the sense of the Scripture, and anything otherwise now serves only for the confuting, except that if we look at such things as former things, or things to be laid behind, or things scattered, incomplete or otherwise not set up by God as the final authority, though having some residual secondary authority (e.g. the Geneva Version or a Textus Receptus edition).

bibleprotector 05-09-2008 09:42 PM

Several Scriptural Statements that Require Answers.

ONE. Isaiah 34:16 says, “Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.” Please point to one Bible version or translation today that is perfect, that can be called the book of the Lord. Please point to this book that has every word present without addition or subtraction. A book which has every promise exactly presented to the correct sense of God’s intended communication. Please point to the book where the spirit of God has outworked to gather the words thereof. If God said to seek it out, it must able to be identified on Earth today.

TWO. Hebrews 10:7 says, “Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.” Where is the volume of the book on Earth? Where is the one Bible in English that is God’s will and testament? It can’t be mutliple versions, because it says “volume” meaning one.

THREE. Psalm 119:133 says, “Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.” Which Bible is the one that is very pure? It can only be one, because all differ, and impurities can be identified in many of them. But one has to be very pure.

FOUR. Psalm 12:6 says, “The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.” Where are God’s pure words? Where and when have they been purified seven times? Notice the word “are” which is present tense, meaning that the seven-times purified Word should be manifest right now.

FIVE. Proverbs 30:4-6 says, “Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell? Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.” First, What is God the Father’s name? Second, Where are all the pure words of God? Which version, and it has to be present on Earth because he warned people against changing it. Third, Where is the Bible Version that is without human error in the Text and Translation?

SIX. Luke 4:4 says, “And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” Where is the Bible that contains every word of God?

SEVEN. The end of the book of Revelation warns against adding or taking away from the Bible. Do we have a Bible that has no addition or subtraction, that is actually blessed of God, and blessed for the believer?

EIGHT. Matthew 5:18 says, “For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” Where is the jot and tittle exact and perfect Bible? It must be present, because Jesus said that His Word would not pass away!

NINE. In John 12:48, Matthew 28:19, 20 and Matthew 24:14, Jesus indicated that His very words (as are in the Bible) would endure and be present in all the world and to the end of the world. Where are Christ’s exact words today? Jesus knew that they would go to nations, so there is no reason to claim that they should be in the same language He spoke them in. Where is the perfect word of Christ in today’s global language of English?

TEN. 1 Peter 1:23, 25 says, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. ... But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.” Where is the enduring Word of God today that is believed by Christians today?

ELEVEN. Romans 16:26 says, “But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith”. Where is the exact message that God has made known to all nations? What is the exact sense of the message? Where is the perfect translation?

TWELVE. Psalm 18:30 says, “As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.” Where is God’s Word? If God’s works are perfect, He must be able to make known His perfect Word. What is it?

MDOC 05-09-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George (Post 4259)
Aloha Jordan,

Have you read my post outlining the "Which Bible Issue" on this Forum? You will find it at:

AV1611 Bible Forums > Bible Versions > Were The Early Fundamentalist KJV Only? > Page 7 - Post #69

If you haven't read the Post - Please do. The "issue" of "Which Bible" is far more complex than your or my "personal preference".
Have you examined the following Issues in depth, or at all?

1. The Question: Which Bible, if any, is God's Holy word?
2. The Internal Evidence: What Does God Have to say about His word?
3. Old Testament History of the Text.
4. New Testament History of the Text.
5. The History of the Transmission of the Text of the Bible in the Church Age.
6.The Manuscript Evidence - {Hebrew, Greek. Latin, Syrian, Armenian, Georgian, Gothic, Egyptian, etc., etc.}
7.A Comparison of Versions with the King James Bible.

If you haven't, you should before you make a judgment call that will affect the rest of your Christian life. Christians are obligated (commanded) to judge "righteous judgment" [John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.] and you'll notice that we are NOT to judge according to "appearance".

What you or I "think" is of no consequence to God.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

God expects us to live "by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" - How can we if all of the "modern versions" differ from the King James Bible in as much as 5000 places in the New Testament alone?

All of the "modern bible versions" are based on a very few extremely corrupt manuscripts (especially in the New Testament) and the fact that most modern day Christians are ignorant of these facts and many, many more, will not excuse them at the "Judgment Seat of Christ."

If you are not familiar with this most important issue read some of the books that I recommend in my Post #69. Take your King James Bible and compare it with any modern version and see for yourself the difference between them {Go to the King James Bible Page - http://av1611.com/kjbp/ and check out "Westcott and Hort's Magic Marker Binge"; and the many articles that "Diligent" (Brandon) has posted about this subject.

Take your time - don't make any hasty judgments about the issue of "Which Bible" without examining the issue in some depth first.

[Proverbs 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.]

I will be happy to assist you in any way that I can in your search for the "scripture of truth" {Daniel 10:21}. :)

Yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy Word,

George Anderson

George, are you a seventh day adventist?

George 05-10-2008 12:47 AM

MDOC,

Proverbs 19:1 Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.

You will notice that I have NEVER commented on any of your senseless posts! And this is my FIRST and LAST post to you.
Proverbs 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Most of your posts on this Forum are foolish; senseless; and absent any redeeming value. You "prattle" on and on without addressing an issue and are more of a "nuisance" than any thing else!
Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Proverbs 10:8 The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.
Proverbs 10:10 He that winketh with the eye causeth sorrow: but a prating fool shall fall.
Proverbs 10:23 It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
Proverbs 13:16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.
Proverbs 15:5 A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent.
Proverbs 17:7 Excellent speech becometh not a fool: much less do lying lips a prince.
Proverbs 17:10 A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.
Proverbs 17:12 Let a bear robbed of her whelps meet a man, rather than a fool in his folly.
Proverbs 17:16 Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it?
Proverbs 17:21 He that begetteth a fool doeth it to his sorrow: and the father of a fool hath no joy.
Proverbs 17:24 Wisdom is before him that hath understanding; but the eye of a fool are in the ends of the earth.
Proverbs 18:2 A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.
Proverbs 18:6 A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.
Proverbs 18:7 A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
Proverbs 19:1 Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.
Proverbs 20:3 It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.
Proverbs 23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
Proverbs 24:7 Wisdom is too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate.
Proverbs 26:1 As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool.
Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Proverbs 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
Proverbs 26:8 As he that bindeth a stone in a sling, so is he that giveth honour to a fool.
Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
Proverbs 27:22 Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him.
Proverbs 28:26 He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
Proverbs 29:11 A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.

Proverbs 14:2 He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the LORD: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.
Proverbs 12:8 A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised.
Proverbs 17:20 He that hath a froward heart findeth no good: and he that hath a perverse tongue falleth into mischief.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

I have no time for fools - and
I can't even wish you well. :( :confused: :eek:

Jordan 05-10-2008 02:45 AM

Let's all place nice guys.

MDOC 05-10-2008 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George (Post 4287)
MDOC,

You will notice that I have NEVER commented on any of your senseless posts! And this is my FIRST and LAST post to you.

Most of your posts on this Forum are foolish; senseless; and absent any redeeming value. You "prattle" on and on without addressing an issue and are more of a "nuisance" than any thing else!

Proverbs 10:8 The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.
Proverbs 10:10 He that winketh with the eye causeth sorrow: but a prating fool shall fall.
Proverbs 10:23 It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
Proverbs 13:16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.
Proverbs 15:5 A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent.
Proverbs 17:7 Excellent speech becometh not a fool: much less do lying lips a prince.
Proverbs 17:10 A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.
Proverbs 17:12 Let a bear robbed of her whelps meet a man, rather than a fool in his folly.
Proverbs 17:16 Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it?
Proverbs 17:21 He that begetteth a fool doeth it to his sorrow: and the father of a fool hath no joy.
Proverbs 17:24 Wisdom is before him that hath understanding; but the eye of a fool are in the ends of the earth.
Proverbs 18:2 A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.
Proverbs 18:6 A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.
Proverbs 18:7 A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
Proverbs 20:3 It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.
Proverbs 23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
Proverbs 24:7 Wisdom is too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate.
Proverbs 26:1 As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool.
Proverbs 26:8 As he that bindeth a stone in a sling, so is he that giveth honour to a fool.
Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
Proverbs 27:22 Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him.
Proverbs 28:26 He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
Proverbs 29:11 A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.

Proverbs 14:2 He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the LORD: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.
Proverbs 12:8 A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised.
Proverbs 17:20 He that hath a froward heart findeth no good: and he that hath a perverse tongue falleth into mischief.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

I have no time for fools - and
I can't even wish you well. :( :confused: :eek:

George, thank you... for the answer.

Paladin54 05-10-2008 11:57 AM

Jordan, why did you buy a King James Bible?

Jordan 05-10-2008 09:04 PM

Because I like the translation.

Paladin54 05-10-2008 09:27 PM

So, for the beauty of its poetic form, rather than its possible superiority to other versions, which lack rhythm?

Or am I mistaken?

Jordan 05-11-2008 01:29 PM

Some of the other translations do lack rhythm yes, not all of them though. Does anyone know what version of the KJV is in the Ryrie study Bible?

bibleprotector 05-11-2008 08:26 PM

What do you mean, what version of the KJB? There is only one version being discussed. The King James one.

Jordan 05-11-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibleprotector (Post 4326)
What do you mean, what version of the KJB? There is only one version being discussed. The King James one.

I know that, but what edition of the KJV Bible?

Jordan 05-12-2008 01:43 AM

What I meant to say is, is the version of the KJV in Ryrie's Study Bible the AV?

Truth4Today 05-18-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 4368)
What I meant to say is, is the version of the KJV in Ryrie's Study Bible the AV?

As far as I know it does come in different versions (NASB etc) as well as the KJV. I have seen the KJV version of his study Bible but since I do not have it in front of me, I do not know of which edition it is. Yet, it was a KJV.

- “One accurate measurement is worth more than a thousand expert opinions”

- “...this is the Word of God; come, search, ye critics, and find a flaw; examine it, from its Genesis to its Revelation, and find an error... This is the book untainted by any error; but is pure, unalloyed, perfect truth. Why? Because God wrote it. Ah! charge God with error if you please; tell him that his book is not what it ought to be. I have heard men, with prudish and mock-modesty, who would like to alter the Bible; and (I almost blush to say it) I have heard ministers alter God's Bible, because they were afraid of it... Pity they were not born when God lived far—far back that they might have taught God how to write.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon (Spurgeon's Sermons Volume 1: Sermon II p. 31)

- “If, therefore, any do complain that I have sometimes hit my opponents rather hard, I take leave to point out that 'to everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the sun' : 'a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embracing' : a time for speaking smoothly, and a time for speaking sharply. And that when the words of Inspiration are seriously imperilled, as now they are, it is scarcely possible for one who is determined effectually to preserve the Deposit in its integrity, to hit either too straight or too hard.” Dean John William Burgon (The Revision Revised. pp. vii-viii)

Jordan 06-08-2008 05:33 PM

Can someone explain these errors in the KJV translation?

Quote:

Then how do they explain all these errors in the KJV?

Genesis 1:2 should read "And the earth became without form . . . ." The word translated "was" is hayah, and denotes a condition different than a former condition, as in Genesis 19:26.

Genesis 10:9 should read " . . . Nimrod the mighty hunter in place of [in opposition to] the LORD." The word "before" is incorrect and gives the connotation that Nimrod was a good guy, which is false.

Leviticus 16:8, 10, 26 in the KJV is "scapegoat" which today has the connotation of someone who is unjustly blamed for other's sins. The Hebrew is Azazel, which means "one removed or separated." The Azazel goal represents Satan, who is no scapegoat. He is guilty of his part in our sins.

Deuteronomy 24:1, "then let him" should be "and he." As the Savior explained in Matthew 19, Moses did not command divorcement. This statute is regulating the permission of divorce because of the hardness of their hearts.

2 Kings 2:23, should be "young men", not "little children."

Isaiah 65:17 should be "I am creating [am about to create] new heavens and new earth . . . ."

Ezekiel 20:25 should read "Wherefore I permitted them, or gave them over to, [false] statutes that are not good, and judgments whereby they should not live." God's laws are good, perfect and right. This verse shows that since Israel rejected God's laws, He allowed them to hurt themselves by following false man made customs and laws.

Ezekiel 39:2 in the KJV indicates that one sixth of the invaders will be allowed to survive, but in the original Hebrew there is no mention of anybody whatsoever surviving. I have no idea how the KJV translators came up with one sixth surviving.

Daniel 8:14 is correct in the margin, which substitutes "evening morning" for "days." Too bad William Miller didn't realize this.

Malachi 4:6 should read " . . . lest I come and smite the earth with utter destruction." "Curse" doesn't give the proper sense here. Same word used in Zechariah 14:11.

Matthew 5:48 should be "Become ye therefore perfect" rather than "be ye therefore perfect." "Perfect" here means "spiritually mature." Sanctification is a process of overcoming with the aid of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 24:22 needs an additional word to clarify the meaning. It should say "there should no flesh be saved alive."

Matthew 27:49 omits text which was in the original. Moffatt correctly adds it, while the RSV puts it in a footnote: "And another took a spear and pierced His side, and out came water and blood." The Savior's death came when a soldier pierced His side, Revelation 1:7.

Matthew 28:1, "In the end of the sabbath as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week . . ." should be translated literally, "Now late on Sabbath, as it was getting dusk toward the first day of the week . . . ." The Sabbath does not end at dawn but at dusk.

Luke 2:14 should say, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men of God's good pleasure or choosing." That is, there will be peace on earth among men who have God's good will in their hearts.

Luke 14:26 has the unfortunate translation of the Greek word miseo, Strong's #3404, as "hate", when it should be rendered "love less by comparison." We are not to hate our parents and family!

John 1:31, 33 should say "baptize" or "baptizing IN water" not with water. Pouring or sprinkling with water is not the scriptural method of baptism, but only thorough immersion in water.

John 1:17 is another instance of a poor preposition. "By" should be "through": "For the law was given by [through] Moses . . . ." Moses did not proclaim his law, but God's Law.

John 13:2 should be "And during supper" (RSV) rather than "And supper being ended" (KJV).

Acts 12:4 has the inaccurate word "Easter" which should be rendered "Passover." The Greek word is pascha which is translated correctly as Passover in Matthew 26:2, etc.

1 Corinthians 1:18 should be: "For the preaching of the cross is to them that are perishing foolishness; but unto us which are being saved it is the power of God", rather than "perish" and "are saved." Likewise, 2 Thessalonians 2:10 should be "are perishing" rather than "perish."

1 Corinthians 15:29 should be: "Else what shall they do which are baptized for the hope of the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the hope of the dead?"

2 Corinthians 6:2 should be "a day of salvation", instead of "the day of salvation." This is a quote from Isaiah 49:8, which is correct. The day of salvation is not the same for each individual. The firstfruits have their day of salvation during this life. The rest in the second resurrection.

1 Timothy 4:8 should say, "For bodily exercise profiteth for a little time: but godliness in profitable unto all things . . . ."

1 Timothy 6:10 should be, "For the love of money is a [not the] root of all evil . . . ."

Hebrews 4:8 should be "Joshua" rather than "Jesus", although these two words are Hebrew and Greek equivalents.

Hebrews 4:9 should read, "There remaineth therefore a keeping of a sabbath to the people of God."

Hebrews 9:28 is out of proper order in the King James. It should be: "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them without sin that look for him shall he appear the second time unto salvation."

1 John 5:7-8 contains additional text which was added to the original. "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." The italicized text was added to the original manuscripts. Most modern translations agree that this was an uninspired addition to the Latin Vulgate to support the unscriptural trinity doctrine.

Revelation 14:4 should be "a firstfruits", because the 144,000 are not all the firstfruits.

Revelation 20:4-5 in the KJV is a little confusing until you realize that the sentence "This is the first resurrection." in verse five refers back to "they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years" in verse four.

Revelation 20:10, "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are [correction: should be 'were cast' because the beast and false prophet were mortal human beings who were burned up in the lake of fire 1,000 years previous to this time, Revelation 19:20], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." The point is that Satan will be cast into the same lake of fire into which the beast and false prophet were cast a thousand years previously.

Revelation 22:2 should be "health" rather than "healing."

bibleprotector 06-08-2008 06:58 PM

Rather than allow God's Word be true, various foolish objections are raised, often based on particular interpretations being imposed onto the Scripture rather than deferring to the truth itself. If the King James Bible is not right, by what authority are these "corrections" right?

pbiwolski 06-09-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 5561)

Errors? Where did you get the idea that the King James was incorrect in it's translation?

I know you didn't type that list yourself!

Steven Avery 06-09-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan
.. explain these errors in the KJV ..

Hi Jordan, before we go into details on the infamous Richard Nickels laundry list of supposed 'errors' .. I have a question for you.

How many of these verse claims have you studied closely yourself ?

Which one or two or more have you studied very carefully and come to your own personal conclusion, with conviction, that these are 'errors' as you assert above ?

Shalom,
Steven

George 06-09-2008 10:59 PM

Re: Jordan's Post #31 > Some People Should Realize . . .

Re: Jordan's Post #31 > Bible Versions > Some People Should Realize . . .

The following Threads & Posts are instructive of what to expect from a “public school” (or possibly a “private” school or even a “Christian” school) education and the kind of “product” that is coming out of them.

Should you have any doubt about the pervasive influence of a Humanistic “education” and the perverse results in a young man’s life – look no further than “Jordan”. And if you want to see what the “definition” of a “sophist” is and how he operates read on.

Jordan’s first Post – A plea for “Help” {I trow not!}

Quote:

“Help Me” > 05-07-2008, 04:52 PM >
Bible Versions > Help me > Post # 1 (Jordan’s 1st. Post – Jordan's Thread)

I am looking to order a KJV Bible but am having trouble finding one for a reasonable price on the internet. I came across a couple that I will link you too.

There's this one: http://www.christianbook.com/Christi...1&item_code=WW
This one: https://shop.avpublications.com/prod...271eb08fc34082

I'm just not sure which one is going to be the best value for me, please give me some insight if you can.

In Christ,
Jordan
It “looks” and “sounds” so innocent – doesn’t it? And what follows on this thread continues to "appear" quite innocent for awhile until:

Quote:

05-31-2008, 11:10 PM > Bible Versions > Help me > Post # 42 (Jordan’s 20th. Post)
So, with the one that I ordered, is it the "true" Word of God then?
NOTICE: The questioning? – “Subtle” isn’t it? – “is it the "true" Word of God then?

Quote:

06-04-2008, 09:06 AM > Bible Versions > Help me > Post # 48 (Jordan’s 22nd. Post)
OK I know that, but how do I know if I'm using the right translation of the KJV?
NOTICE: The questioning? – “Subtle” isn’t it? “how do I know if I'm using the right translation of the KJV?”. This “methodology” is known as the “Socratic” method - the nearly unanimous “methodology” (originating with a Pagan Philosopher – Socrates) employed by nearly all of the educational institutions (Primary, High School, and College) in the good ole U.S.A. (including most “Christian” schools and colleges.)

The “Socratic method” is simple: An individual sets themselves up (with a corrupt mind and very limited understanding & wisdom) as their own “final authority” in all matters and on all issues that may confront them and simply question’s everything – it’s not that difficult to do and if you have ever had an occasion to converse with a psychiatrist or psychologist you will see the “method” used extensively.

In the Post following, we have “Bibledefender” innocently trying to answer “Jordan’s” question, which, unbeknownst to “Bibledefender”, "Jordan" already knows the answer to (his biased point of view) and is no more interested in “Bibledefender’s” information than he is in any one else’s on this Forum! {If you don’t believe me, see “Jordan’s” Thread – Some People Should Realize...-posted 05-08-2008, 05:34 PM NEARLY A MONTH EARLIER! And ONLY ONE DAY AFTER making his supposed “appeal” for “help”! }

BIBLEDEFENDER'S POST:
Quote:

06-04-2008, 05:58 PM > Bible Versions > Help me > Post # 49 (Bibledefender’s Post)
There is only one translation or version called the King James Bible.
Quote:

06-05-2008, 02:12 PM > Bible Versions > Help me > Post # 50 (Jordan’s 23rd. Post)
No there isn't. There has been many revisions to the KJV Bible. What exact Bible are you using? Can you find it on a website and show it to me?
NOTICE: The “shift” from wanting some “help” to declaring that he already knows? Does any one (who has a sound mind) think that this young man is “sincere” about anything?

Quote:

06-08-2008, 12:19 PM > Bible Versions > Help me > Post # 54 (Jordan’s 25th. Post)
OK, cool! I just wanted to make sure that I was reading a wrong type of KJV.
NOTICE: The clever shift again – from “No there isn't” to I just wanted to make sure that I was reading a wrongtype of KJV. “Subtle” isn’t he? (And he’s just 18 years old – just imagine what he’ll be like in 10-20 years!) Is there such a thing as a “wrong type” KJV”? I trow not! Notice the clever introduction of the idea that there is both a “right type” and a “wrong type” KJV? This is the first step to admitting that there are Some King James Bibles out there that aren’t entirely true - If we ever admit that there are some KJV’S that are the “wrong type”!

And now we come to “Jordan’s” Second Post – which he posted JUST ONE DAY AFTER HIS FEIGNED PLEA FOR “HELP”. The difference in “attitude” from his first post would almost persuade some Christians that there might be some “substance” to psycho-babble after all (“split personality”), but those of us that are Bible believers and that weren’t born yesterday don’t buy it.

Jordan” is just displaying the results of 12 years of “schooling” in America. You couldn’t ask for a better example of “humanistic” thinking and reasoning than if we had paid for it. America has become a nation of Sophists, where everyone is his or her own “final authority” – Kind of like in the days of the Judges of Israel (before there was a King in Israel) >
Judges 17:6 In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
Judges 21:25 In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

The following Post is "Jordan's" 2nd. Post - Please keep in mind: “Jordan” made this Post just One Day After his supposed plea for “help”.

Quote:

Some People Should Realize... > 05-08-2008, 05:34 PM >
Bible Versions > Post # 1 (Jordan's 1st. Post – Jordan's 2nd. Thread)

NOTICE: The declarative statement – the KJV isn't the only "true" translation.” Now how do you suppose that Jordan knows this to be “true”? Is it possible that “Jordan” has possibly read a book or two on the subject or maybe a couple of articles? Did “Jordan” come here looking for “help” or spoiling for an argument?

Quote:

05-08-2008, 08:46 PM >
Bible Versions > Some People Should Realize > Post # 4 (Jordan's 2nd. Post – Jordan's 2nd. Thread)

How do you know the original translators didn't make mistakes? You don't do you?
NOTICE: The “shift” again? The questioning - How do you know” – the doubting - “mistakes?” - And then the declarative statement – “You don't do you?” Yea hath God said?

Quote:

05-08-2008, 10:31 PM >
Bible Versions > Some People Should Realize > Post # 6 (Jordan's 3rd. Post – Jordan's 2nd. Thread)

No I'm not saying that but I'm saying that they weren't the smartest people ever in the universe or anything. I'm just saying it's all God's inspired Word, why can't we all be nice?
NOTICE: they weren't the smartest people– How would this young man know anything about the AV 1611 translators, unless he has been fed some “trash” from someone? Does he have any idea that there has never been such a naturally talented, uncommonly bright, and extremely intelligent, and God fearing group of translators – not before them and certainly not after them? Ask yourself – What’s going on here?

Quote:

05-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Bible Versions > Some People Should Realize > Post # 11 (Jordan's 4th. Post – Jordan's 2nd. Thread)

You guys are just too closed minded...
NOTICE AGAIN: The “standard” answer put forth by a Sophist when he can not deal with evidence or facts. Make accusations or slander someone. It’s far easier to be a destructive critic, than a defender of the truth. It only took a matter of hours to destroy the “TwinTowers”. It took years to build them.

Quote:

05-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Bible Versions > Some People Should Realize > Post # 12 (Jordan's 5th. Post – Jordan's 2nd. Thread)

What about what S. Augustine says in the preface of the 1611 edition of the Bible?
NOTICE: The introduction of an “alternate authority” (and “Augustine” at that! Augustine - a "saint"?) I wonder, has Jordan ever read “The City of God”, Augustine’s crowning "achievement" and “theological” work, which became the base and foundation of the Roman Catholic Church? “Ignorance may be bliss” for some folks, but in Jordan’s case I’m afraid it may lead to a rejection of all truth.

Quote:

05-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Bible Versions > Some People Should Realize > Post # 14 (Jordan's 6th. Post – Jordan's 2nd. Thread)

NOTICE: This is such an immature and sophomoric statement that it warrants no comment.

PALADIN54 POST:
Quote:

05-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Bible Versions > Some People Should Realize > Post # 23 (Paladin54's Post - Jordan's 2nd. Thread)
Jordan, why did you buy a King James Bible?
Did you Notice Paladin54's sincere attempt at trying to engage "Jordan" in a reasonable discussion?

Quote:

05-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Bible Versions > Some People Should Realize > Post # 24 (Jordan's 8th. Post – Jordan's 2nd. Thread)

Because I like the translation.
NOTICE: This is a “reasonable” answer – for someone who is 5 or 6 years old :p, not for a young man entering adulthood. Please notice the vast difference in attitude and maturity between Paladin54 and “Jordan”.

And then we finally come to the “piece de resistance” – The “real reason” why “Jordan” came here in the first place. Please notice the 2 questions stated one after the other before “Jordan” regurgitates some more garbage, which he picked up from another (older) Sophist, just like him: “Can someone explain these errors in the KJV translation?” – “Then how do they explain all these errors in the KJV?”

Does “Jordan” really, honestly, and sincerely want an explanation from those of us on this Forum? I trow not! If we were to waste a couple of hours trying to demonstrate that his “concerns” are really “straw dogs”, do you think that “Jordan” would honestly consider another point of view or explanation other than the one he has already accepted? I doubt it! :confused:

If “Jordan” were sincere, he would not have assumed that those areas of such extreme “concern” to him were “errors”. He has already made up his mind that these words are errors, without first inquiring as to whether they may or may not be. A closed mind is such a wonderful thing to behold! I wonder if Jordan has ever heard of the word DISINGENUOUS? Or how about - GUILE; DECEIT; and INSINCERE? :(

Should you be interested (and at this point I no longer am), you can check out “Jordan’s” last Post (cited below - I refuse to re-post it). It’s taken awhile, but finally we know “Jordan” for what he truly is. Soon after he showed up on this Forum I “suspected” that he wasn’t sincere and after a couple of my own posts (early on) to him were ignored and after seeing how he has “strung” some of the brethren along – I finally got his number.

I have some advise for “Jordan”, although I do not expect him to take it:

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: . . . . .” Hebrews 11:6
“. . . . . for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.” Romans 14:23
. . . . . be not faithless, but believing.” John 20:27

06-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Bible Versions > Some People Should Realize > Post # 31 (Your 12th. Post – Your 2nd. Thread)

Then how do they explain all these errors in the KJV?

What follows in "Jordan's" Post is a long list of supposed "errors" in our King James Bibles - that is, according to "Jordan" and whomsoever he copied the list from. :eek: