AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Please help friends.. (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1108)

Luke 03-23-2009 06:07 PM

Please help friends..

I have a constant nagging in my own mind. I oft fear that I am not saved. Now, I have mentioned this before on this forum and another, but my thoughts are becoming clearer now. I'm not sure if I have or do trust in Jesus Christ as my Saviour. I thought I did, I don't remember now.

I've sinned greatly against God and hate my sin, yet often find myself committing it again and again willfully.

I'm pretty much at the end of my tether. I used to fight it. I am wanting God to forgive me and turn my heart away from it and totally to Him.

My problem is with forgiveness... can God forgive me?

Just_A_Thought 03-23-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 17295)
I have a constant nagging in my own mind. I oft fear that I am not saved. Now, I have mentioned this before on this forum and another, but my thoughts are becoming clearer now. I'm not sure if I have or do trust in Jesus Christ as my Saviour. I thought I did, I don't remember now.

I've sinned greatly against God and hate my sin, yet often find myself committing it again and again willfully.

I'm pretty much at the end of my tether. I used to fight it. I am wanting God to forgive me and turn my heart away from it and totally to Him.

Here are a few questions to clear this up for you...

Do you believe Jesus Christ is God?

Do you believe He died on the cross and shed His blood for you?

Do you believe He rose three days later?

Do you accept His free gift of salvation?

If you said yes to all three then all you must do is ask Him into your heart. It is not a difficult thing and seems to easy to be true BUT IT IS! Thank God He made salvation all on Him and nothing on our part. All we must do it believe. If you can't remember doing this before then by all means DO IT NOW. If you have and know you understood it back then, then don't let Satan keep telling you that you are unsaved because you sin willingly. WE ALL SIN WILLINGLY! We are ALL sinners. Never forget that. I am not trying to down play sin but we do all do it.

Again, we are all sinners. Jesus died for all. You hate your sin and love it at the same time. Sin is fun for a season. This is why we all do it. Grant it, IT IS WRONG. I do not want to sound like I approve of sinning, I don't. Pray and seek God. Fight it. Never think you are lost do to it though unless you don't ever remember being saved in the past. Satan uses this ploy to depress Christians and make them feel like failures. If he is successful he will make you drop out of the race for Christ and make you useless. Don't give in to Satan.

This will never happen while you are still in the flesh. You will always sin until the day you die or are ratured up. Remember...it is all Satan's ploy. Fight sin but remember Jesus love you and move on. Satan just wants to trip you down and watch you lay there. GET BACK UP AND KICK HIM IN THE BUTT!

Kiwi Christian 03-23-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

I think this is the cause of all your doubt, my brother. I know first hand, and I'm sure others can testify, that when you are willfulling sinning against God it seems as though you are a million miles away from Him. Your thought life also becomes far less spiritual and your affections are set more down here than up there where they should be. Then you begin to doubt. Apart from a few months after I initially got saved, I can't say I've ever doubted my salvation, but I am not you, and everyone is different.

The fact of the matter is, if you truly got saved at one time in the past then you are still saved at this moment in time and forever more. At the time when you got saved God forgave you of ALL your sins. The sin you willfully commit against God, and continue in, will bring you trouble, sorrow, doubt, confusion, chastisement, and separation from FELLOWSHIP with the Lord, but it won't damn you to hell, you may think it will but that's just your wicked heart (Jeremiah 17:9) and carnal mind (Romans 8:7) casting doubt on God's word, and you love God's word, right!

I say this as a brother in Christ, and pray you come to yourself and stop this willful sinning against the God who loved you and washed you from your sins in his own blood. You can do all things through Christ, and you can choose to say no!

God be with you.

peopleoftheway 03-23-2009 07:25 PM

Brother, I pray do NOT be shaken in these last days, when apostasy is rampant in our Churches, be not shaken in mind nor spirit for the spirit testifies with me and many others on this forum that YOU are my / our Brother.

Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Romans 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?” That is, once we have been justified by faith, who is there, what power is there, that can separate from the love of Christ? And the answer, how full, how clear, not a shadow, not a doubt, not a question left, when the apostle says that neither death nor life shall separate! Can you think of anything which is neither included in death nor in life? Neither death nor life shall separate!
So Brother whatever sin plagues you today, IT CANNOT separate you from the love of Christ and I pray that it will depart from you and you WILL find peace and assurance.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Dont listen to apostate Christians who condemn you with doctrines of men and self righteousness, we are wretched and unworthy of the Love of Christ but do you know what?, he loves each and every one of us nonetheless
Sin still plagues our mortal flesh and will continue to do so until we are Glorified hang in there prayerfully for it will never become too much

Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

I pray that I may help to bear your infirmities to please our Lord and Saviour because Luke...YOU ARE MY BROTHER

the moment you trust the Lord Jesus as your Saviour, your responsibility as a sinner having to do with the God of judgement is ended for eternity, but that same moment your responsibility as a child having to do with a Father in heaven begins. Now if as a child you should sin against your Father, God will have to deal with you about that, but as a father and not as a judge.

God Bless and I pray that assurance is yours.

Luke 03-23-2009 07:26 PM

I don't ever remember a time I accepted Christ as my Saviour. A time when I did business with God, so to speak. I remember reading a chick tract many years ago, and feeling guilty and condemned, but I also remember not changing after that at all... My memory is kind of all mushed together, but if the order is right in my head, then after I read that tract, I remember being all weepy. I am not sure what I did about it though. I think I thought I was already saved because I went to church and was raised to believe the truth.

May God have mercy on my soul.

Just_A_Thought 03-23-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 17310)
I don't ever remember a time I accepted Christ as my Saviour. A time when I did business with God, so to speak. I remember reading a chick tract many years ago, and feeling guilty and condemned, but I also remember not changing after that at all... My memory is kind of all mushed together, but if the order is right in my head, then after I read that tract, I remember being all weepy. I am not sure what I did about it though. I think I thought I was already saved because I went to church and was raised to believe the truth.

Then "do business with Him now" and never look back do to doubt again! Keep the time and date in your mind so Satan can not use try to trip you up with the "doubting game" in the future.

Kiwi Christian 03-23-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

When you accepted Christ as your Saviour is not as important as the fact you DID accept Him. If you are so concerned with the timing factor and that you can't remember when you got saved, then by all means do it NOW so you can get on with serving and knowing Christ. If you need a date then let it be the 24th March 2009!

Luke 03-23-2009 07:46 PM

My problem is with my heart. It never changes. I seem to only desire to "feel good" instead of actually wanting to glorify God. I sin, feel guilty, want to feel better so I can sin again.. it's a vicious cycle

Kiwi Christian 03-23-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 17313)
My problem is with my heart. It never changes. I seem to only desire to "feel good" instead of actually wanting to glorify God. I sin, feel guilty, want to feel better so I can sin again.. it's a vicious cycle

I've been there and done that, it was a horrible time in my Christian life, but it was only through hindsight that I could see how rebellious I had been. I came through that period and recommitted my life to God, I made a conscious decision to start doing right and choosing to please God instead of myself. I had to make some huge self sacrifices, and one of them was motorcycling. I sold my $18,000 motorcycle and all my many gears, jackets, boots, helmets, etc, and havn't been on a bike since, and Lord willing will never again, that was one thing that was causing me to sin. Recognise those things which are a temptation to you and get rid of them out of your house, brother. Get rid of your TV, they are good for next to nothing, I havn't had one for over 12 years, what a great blessing it's been.

If it gets really bad just move up to Auckland, I'm sure we could sharpen one anothers countenances bi-weekly in fellowship and praising God. We're going out to the streets this Friday night, we could use an extra man! Of course, you're married, so she is welcome too. You need to involve her in all this soul searching btw.

Renee 03-23-2009 08:03 PM

Friends...Please help me.

Brother Luke,

After I left the Catholic Church and the confessional I asked myself many a times The exact same Question, "Can God forgive me?" I was a very devout Catholic and only my Love for a God I knew as my maker kept me from "grevious" sin. I know that is a catholic definition for sin, but that is one baggage that keeps slipping out from the old days.

George was saved before we were married. My Catholic beliefs kept me from being saved for almost 4 years. After I was saved I was plagued by assurance of salvation.(Anothder drawback from Catholicism) I knew I had received my Lord not only as my maker but also as my Saviour I struggled with this problem of assurancce for many years. In 1975 I had emergency kidney surgery. I faced the fact that if anything went wrong I would not wake up from the table. Kidney surgery is the bloodiest surgery you can have (at least it was at that time).

I wanted very much to wake to my Beloved husband and five children and prayed for life after the operation. I prayed hard and long. The verses the Lord gave me was:

2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Absent from the body, present with the Lord. He would keep me either here on earth or in heaven. My Lord gave me assurance that no matter what the outcome, it would be alright. I have never doubted my salvation or the assurance of my salvation since that day. It took facing death for me to come to believe that God is able to keep me.

I could blame the Catholic Church for that, because it was thoroughly ingrained in me from my youth. But I take the blame upon myself. No one can get me lost,for I believe Christ died for all my sins and that He will continually be my Father and forgive me.

I sin, yes, but I have a very good example of God's love and forgiveness here beside me. If George is able to forgive me everyday for whatever fault or sin I do against him how much greater is Our Heavenly Father's love?

I have comitted my life, love,and body to George and he keeps me. I have found a new meaning to the word KEEP, if George is able to keep me for all these years, how much more Our Heavenly Father.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Brother Luke, He not only forgives you, He keeps you.

In Christian Love,
Renee

Luke 03-23-2009 08:06 PM

Another big problem of mine is my obsession with works. I am seeing almost anything as a work. Basically, I have calvinist doctrine, even though I reject calvinism. So here I am praying that God would change me, and fearing actually stepping out and having faith, in case that faith is counted as a work, or it's something that "I do" instead of God. I sometimes feel like I am consigned to sit and wait, and somehow God will just overpower me and I will be in His will forever. The popular resurgence of calvinism online does nothing to help me.

Fredoheaven 03-23-2009 08:16 PM

Not sure?

Quote:

Not sure? Here's how:

1. Accept that you are a sinner. Truly the bible says that the heart is deceitfull above all things and who can know it? In Romans 3:23 stated that we are all sinners in the sight of God.
2. Believe that Jesus can save you. Remember, Christ is the only way to God. John 14:6
3. Confess him. This is not to confess your sins but to accept Christ to be your personal Saviour. Romans 10:9 says "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus..."

The bible further states that we can do this by a simple payer of faith"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13

Here is only a guide in accepting Christ to be your personal Saviour.

"Father, thank you for sending Jesus to us as he died in the cross of calvary. I know I am a sinner and bound to hell, but i believe Christ and accept in my heart to be my personal Saviour. Thank you for saving my soul. In Jesus name. Amen.:)

Jude 25
http://www.fredsites.weebly.com

Luke 03-23-2009 11:13 PM

I know not to trust in feelings, but if I was truly convicted over my sin, and truly believed God's grace, wouldn't I be floored? wouldn't I just be in tears? It never seems to happen.. I want to believe, but it seems as though I just believe it as facts, rather than really truly believing it applies to me.

peopleoftheway 03-24-2009 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 17319)
Another big problem of mine is my obsession with works. I am seeing almost anything as a work. Basically, I have calvinist doctrine, even though I reject calvinism. So here I am praying that God would change me, and fearing actually stepping out and having faith, in case that faith is counted as a work, or it's something that "I do" instead of God. I sometimes feel like I am consigned to sit and wait, and somehow God will just overpower me and I will be in His will forever. The popular resurgence of calvinism online does nothing to help me.

Brother dont let people or their ideas come between you and the Lord, you mention that the resurgence of calvinism does nothing to help you, you are correct IT DOES NOTHING to help you only serve to confuse those who are in Christ to ADD unto Christs FINISHED work on the cross.
If I may offer some advice a brother gave me, quite simply avoid the topic of Calvinism and any research into it or debate with those entrenched in it or any other teaching for doctrine the commandments of men

Hebrews 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

You are saved, bought and paid for with the Blood of a Risen Saviour, there is no special charismatic "feeling" as claimed by many at salvation, if our salvation was determined by how we "feel" then the Bible would tell us this, we know we are saved because the Bible says so, and we believe, we have that faith in things unseen.

Hebrews 11:1
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Brother I know that you believe from your posts and your attitude, and like myself I have noticed that your tender heart has been challenged by false teachings and those who cast doubt into you heart through such teaching.
I never have held to any of the points of Calvinism and find the teaching a stumblingblock to babes in Christ and those who are weak in faith.
These last days are the last ditch attempt by the god of this world to counterfeit Gods word and sway his people through deceit, calling on people to "feel" rather than believe or to "DO" rather than just "BE" in Christ

1 Timothy 4:9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

I love this verse for the apostle tells us that it is a "faithful saying" and worthy of ALL ACCEPTATION
I just have to read that one verse from Gods Holy written word that is marked in that book as a "faithful saying" to know that Christ died for ALL MEN especially those that "believe" you do believe I know you do, and Christ died for YOU dont feel it dont look to feel it, know it because it is
written

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

He died for us Bro, you believe it I believe it, Sin will taint our lives until that day we are called home or Christ comes for us the only perfect man was crucified!
Just keep trying Bro, the Lord will not allow YOU to bear more than you can handle, the lesson in all this will become a blessing in the end, that I am certain of

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

As the verse says GOD IS FAITHFUL even when sometime we aren't as faithful as we ought or want to be.
There are things I struggle with on a daily basis but when I wake in the morning and the Lord has spared me I know that he still has a purpose for my life and I try again to live the right way ALWAYS looking to Christ for ALL my needs.

David had committed a grievous sin against the Lord, he committed adultery and Murder ! now God forgave him, he was grieved for a season but through prayer he seen his way through by the power of God!

Psalms 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psalms 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psalms 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

God bless Bro, I Hope and Pray you find the Joy you seek

addition: May I just add that explaining to my Mother how you are feeling she said to me, "I love reading what that young man has to say, you just know he is a brother from his tender heart, please tell him that I will pray for him"

Diligent 03-24-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 17334)
I know not to trust in feelings, but if I was truly convicted over my sin, and truly believed God's grace, wouldn't I be floored? wouldn't I just be in tears? It never seems to happen.. I want to believe, but it seems as though I just believe it as facts, rather than really truly believing it applies to me.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Have you heard? Do you believe?

Your salvation is settled.

Bro. Parrish 03-24-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

It's not that complicated Luke, God made it simple.
Did you invite and receive Christ in your heart or not?
If not, if doubtful, then get down on your knees right now and DO IT.
Don't get up until you have done it!
Afterward, write down the date in your Bible, and claim it.

I suspect your problem is you don't believe God's Word.
Get your focus off yourself and take God at His Word.
Claim these verses:

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name -- John 1:12

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -- Eph. 2:8-9

Remember these points:

1. We are carnal, sold under sin. Romans 7:14

2. Sin still dwells in our body until the day we leave it. Romans 7:20

3. The war a believer fights in the same one Paul fought, do you think HE was saved? Romans 7:23

Read the entire passage about the "war on the flesh" here in Romans 7:14-25
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...07;&version=9;

George 03-24-2009 11:16 AM

Re: " Please help friends.."

Quote:

Aloha brother Luke,

And I do mean BROTHER! :) I agree 100% with brother Steve (peopleoftheway). I have read most of your Posts brother. Your testimony "rings true". I believe that you are saved, however, if there is any doubt in your heart ask the Lord to save you now. There's no harm in making sure!

I have been saved since 1958 (18 years old) and to my shame, I have seriously backslidden once in every decade since (with the exception of this last decade). One sin or another caused me to "backslide" in the early 1960's; the middle 1970's; the middle 1980's; and the late 1990's.

Each time I "backslid", I "backslid" for a little longer period of time - so I'm NOT recommending it to anyone. I'm NOT making excuses for my sins, I'm just telling you what happened to me.

I don't want to give you a false sense of security, but your concern over your sins is a sure sign that God is working in you - you just have to examine yourself to see if you are in the faith.

2 Corinthians 13:3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.
4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.
5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Brother, there's no harm in examining yourself - whether you are IN the faith or not. If your not sure - "BELIEVE ON the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved".

You "know" the Gospel - BELIEVE it. I don't know of one Christian that I have ever met, who didn't (at least one time in their life) doubt their salvation. If Satan can't prevent you from getting saved, the next thing he will do is to get you to doubt your salvation (doubt God's salvation - Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:8); and when he gets you to doubt your salvation, he really is getting you to doubt God's words; doubt God's promises; doubt Christ's finished work. {Yea hath God said? Did God really mean it when He promised you eternal life, if you BELIEVE ON Jesus Christ's FINISHED work?}

Do you see how Satan operates? Here is Satan's modus operandi - his "devices".

1. Prevent people from getting saved. {Get them to DOUBT God's words and promises!}

2. If they get saved - get them to doubt their salvation. {Get them to DOUBT God's words and promises!}

3. If they are saved and are assured of salvation - get them hung up on some carnal sin (either of the flesh or of the mind). {Get them to DOUBT God's words and promises concerning leading an overcoming life.}

If the Lord Jesus Christ's finished work on Calvary isn't enough for our past sins; the sins we commit today; and our future sins; none of us are going to make it brother, for we all sin - every single day! Now there is no excuse for our sinning - but the fact is, while we are in this flesh, we will sin. Read Romans 5, 6, 7, & 8 over and over again. That's where the Christian's battle is, that's why we fail so often, but that's where the POWER is also, and our ASSURANCE.

Paul speaks about: "the infirmity of your flesh" [Romans 6:19]:

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not;
but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Now if God left it like that we would be in a world of hurt, but Paul finishes up with our WALK in the SPIRIT; our HOPE; AND he closes with our POWER. Read Romans Chapter 8 (I can't quote and comment on the whole Chapter here.) At the end of Romans Chapter 8 is one of strongest, and surest statements in all of God's word attesting to our ASSURANCE of salvation:

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? {The world, the flesh, and the devil}

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

By all means, if your NOT "persuaded" - examine yourself: "whether ye be in the faith"; if you are: confess your sins; repent of your sins; pick yourself up; turn away from those things that cause you to sin; and get on with your "walk" with God. And try to always keep in your mind: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." [Philippians 4:13]

If you're not sure you have ever been saved - then BELIEVE ON the Lord Jesus Christ, i.e. the Gospel (I didn't say to "dedicate your life to Christ") and God WILL save you. Don't "stumble" at the simplicity that is in Christ (as the Calvinist do); just simply BELIEVE! God has promised you eternal life.

IF :. . . . "thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." [ Romans 10:9 ]

FOR: . . . "with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." [ Romans 10:10]

I personally received complete assurance of salvation about 10 years after I was saved - when I got a hold of John 1:12-13:

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

These verses settled the matter for me (forever). I asked myself:

Was there ever a time when I BELIEVED ON the Lord Jesus Christ? And my answer was YES - in October 1958, and I have the "Journals" I kept in 1959 & 1960 to "prove" it.

Then: Since I surely did BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ - I have RECEIVED Him [That's what God's word says - John 1:12]; and if I have RECEIVED Him - I must be a son of God! I must be "born of God" i.e. "born again" [That's what God's word says - John 1:13]. It's 40 years later, and I still don't profess to understand it all - I just BELIEVE it!}

It really is simple after all: 1 John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Do you have the Son? - then you've got life {Eternal Life}! If you don't have the Son - then you'd better "get Him" today. Don't let all of these "side issues" (Calvinism, repentance, dedication, living it, etc.) "sidetrack" you from the main issue; and that is your need to BELIEVE ON (or IN) the Lord Jesus Christ.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Forrest 03-24-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diligent (Post 17348)
John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Brother Luke...I echo Brandon's simple post. Believe and receive. I want to encourage you to know that eternal salvation has been settled forever. Jesus Christ is your righteousness. Your holiness is not based on what you do or do not do. You are "holy" because Christ is in you. You are "righteous" because Christ is in you. You are "sanctified" because Christ is in you. You are "forgiven" because Christ is in you.

Don't minimize the power of Christ! He has fully satisfied the just demands of God the Father toward sin...FOREVER. His blood covers past, present, and future sin. Accept it by faith. Believe it. It's all about HIM! There is nothing you will ever do as a believer that "condemns" you before the Father. I know that's hard for us to truly grasp...but stop allowing Satan to condemn you when Christ has already sanctified you. Get that! It's good that you are miserable in your sinful choices. So was Paul. (Romans 7.)

Believe the Scriptures:
Colossians 1:21-22 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Hebrews 10:10-14 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Brother Luke...every day...every moment do this ONE thing. By faith, rejoice in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ. Make it your life purpose to simply know Him...and Him alone. Enter into HIS rest. Keep looking soley to Him for victory...and remember:
1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
Not I, but CHRIST!

tonybones2112 03-24-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Ro 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Luke, there are many places in the Christian venue you would be rejected. I think this forum is not one of them. I think you are suffering, and it is valid and that you have someplace to talk, to share what you truly feel. I know the worst thing a person can do is to another is turn away from them in time of need. I've been turned away many times and will continue to be. Sometimes we think, all these people can do is quote Scripture at me. That's all we have Luke. No one here has the answer, but we can find where God has the answer, because it is from God is the only place you are going to find the answer, not a human. The main problem with Calvinsim is it is another gospel, it is a gospel where you were saved by being predestinated, and not because of your faith in Jesus Christ.

I John 5:10 ¶ He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Historically, John writes to the 144,000. All Scripture is profitable for doctrine however. The "record" John speaks of is the Scriptures, and from the Scriptures is the only way God is going to speak to you. I think you are a saved man, but considering how Calvinists stand only on their "predestination", you were never rooted and grounded in Scriptural doctrine. "Why, I have been 'predestinated'?" is the answer many Calvinists give me.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

I can just imagine the jealous hatred that Satan has for mankind that our hearts are the most wicked thing in creation, and not him. You may have heard these verses before, but I think it will help:

1Jo 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

I don't think you are Scripturally grounded, brother. Read Romans 10:17 again, all our source of faith comes from the Scriptures. You need to hear The Five Sounds Of Paul:

1Ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Where do we get sound doctrine?

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

When we have been given sound doctrine that removes all fear, we get a sound mind.

2Ti 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

This sound mind will speak and believe sound words.

Tit 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Sound words, born of a sound mind grounded in sound doctrine will spread this sound faith, the gospel of Christ, this saving faith.

Tit 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

With these four foundations, these "sounds", we will bring forth sound speech, it is sound because it cannot be condemned.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Luke, He has given us eternal life with Him, He aslo gave us HIS faith that He had on the cross at Calvary.:

Ga 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

All our righteousness is as filthy rags. Accept His righteousness and let Him work in your life, through His words.

Grace and peace my friend

Tony

Fredoheaven 03-24-2009 02:54 PM

Feelings that try to capture you

Quote:

Bro, if you accepted Christ as your Saviour then do not trust in your feelings. Our heart may deceive us into thinking we are not saved. I have experienced that while a new Christian. I have doubts too, however, as I read the bible, I get closer to God and fix my assurance that someday I'll be going to heaven when I die. Remember the Bible says 1 John 5:11-13 and I qoute " And this is the record, that God hath given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life;and he that hath not the Son hath not life.These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God".

Well, God has a record book, ie. the Bible, this record book say you have eternal life if you receive Christ. This record book also, enables us to know we have eternal life. Of course, we are not feel to be saved but just believe.

God bless

Jude 25
http://www.fredsites.weebly.com
:peace:

Gord 03-24-2009 03:27 PM

Brother, we have all been there. It's been pointed out I've added the bold. Just strengthen your faith. The 'feelgood' will not seem as important as understanding grows within. Keep it simple, keep in the word. FEED your spirit.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

As Diligent pointed out
Quote:

Forrest 03-24-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Let me make it simple.

Salvation? Jesus Christ
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved
Faith? Jesus Christ
Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Word? Jesus Christ
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Do you want the word to be alive? Then see the incarnate Word each time you read it. Keep looking unto Jesus.

Truth? Jesus Christ
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Victory? Jesus Christ
Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Strength? Jesus Christ
Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Forgiveness? Jesus Christ
Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Justification? Jesus Christ
Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
It's Jesus...Luke.

Bro. Parrish 03-24-2009 05:09 PM

Well Luke, what do you think about all those comments? :popcorn:

Winman 03-24-2009 05:10 PM

Luke

You need assurance. You are never going to know assurance by your feelings. Feelings have nothing to do with your salvation.

1) Do you realize you are a lost sinner who is guilty before God and cannot save yourself?

By your very words here you admit you are a sinner in need of Christ.

2)Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God, that He paid for your sins by going to the cross, shedding his blood, that He died, was buried, and after 3 days rose from the dead? -

I can't answer for you, but I think you believe all this.

3) Have your trusted Christ?

Have you prayed and asked Jesus to forgive your sins, and told him you receive his as your savior?

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The Bible says if you called upon Jesus to be your savior, you are saved.

Revelations 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Jesus is already knocking at the door of your heart. Have you invited Jesus into your heart? If so the Bible says you are saved.

Have you come to Jesus as best you know how in your heart and asked He forgive you?

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Jesus knows EVERYTHING. If you have prayed to Jesus in your heart and asked Him to forgive your sins, he KNOWS. And He has promised not to turn you down under any circumstance.

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Have you looked to Jesus and no one else to save you? Then the Bible says you are saved.

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Have you simply asked Jesus for everlasting life? Then Jesus promised He would give it to you.

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Look Luke

Ask
Seek
Knock

Luke, believeing is not a feeling. Believeing is a choice. Everyone is able to believe if they choose to do so.

Look at all these verses. They are all about believeing. Each one is a way to believe.

If you've asked Jesus to save you, then you have believed.

If you've come to Jesus to save you, then you have believed.

If you've opened your heart to receive Jesus, then you have believed.

If you've looked to Jesus to save you, then you have believed.

If you simply want Jesus to save you, then you have believed.

Revelations 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Are you willing to let Jesus save you? Jesus knows your heart.

Do not go by your feelings. Go by God's Word. If you know you are a sinner that cannot save yourself, and believe only Jesus the Son of God can save you, and you have gone to Jesus in any of these ways, then the Bible says you are saved.

Luke 03-24-2009 05:11 PM

I'm just reading over them slowly. My first instinct is to post something like "yes, I know BUT" and then come up with another reason for struggling. It's almost like I am comfortable in this place of despair. I am going to keep reading through and praying over them. Thank you all for your comments :)

Bro. Parrish 03-24-2009 05:39 PM

Luke, I have seen this before but it usually passes.
I think with prayer and God's Word you will get assurance.

You know I had a room mate in college who suffered from hypochondriasis.
This is a very real disorder, you can read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochondriasis

He was always worried about his health, always felt like he was sick or getting sick, always going to the doctor. I wonder if there could be cases of something like "salvation-chondria" (?) ...I'm not suggesting that there is, just thinking and typing...

tonybones2112 03-24-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 17365)
Luke, I have seen this before but it usually passes.
I think with prayer and God's Word you will get assurance.

You know I had a room mate in college who suffered from hypochondriasis.
This is a very real disorder, you can read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochondriasis

He was always worried about his health, always felt like he was sick or getting sick, always going to the doctor. I wonder if there could be cases of something like "salvation-chondria" (?) ...I'm not suggesting that there is, just thinking and typing...

Brother Parrish, when we are born as humans, we are born with diseases we must be immunized against. When we are born again we are still born with spiritual diseases we must be immunized against, the Great Vaccine being the word of God.

You're dead-on accurate here Brother.

Grace and peace to you

Tony

Winman 03-24-2009 06:38 PM

Luke

Two men are standing in an airplane door at 10,000 feet altitude getting ready to jump.

One man is completely confident. The other is terrified and afraid he is going to die.

They both jump.

Who is trusting or believeing the parachute to get them down to earth safely.

THEY BOTH ARE!

Trusting or believeing is not a feeling, it is a choice. When the fearful man jumped out of the plane, he chose to trust the parachute.

If you had enough faith to pray to Jesus to save you, then you had enough faith in Jesus to save you.

Don't look the wrong direction. Don't look at yourself. We fail. Look at Jesus. Jesus never fails, Jesus never lies, Jesus will never deceive you. Jesus promised to save you if you came to Him.

If you came to Jesus, he saved you whether you feel good or bad.

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. 25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. 26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead. 27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.

Luke, this man struggled with fear and unbelief, but Jesus still cast the devil out of his son. And you must remember here, that that the disciples had already unsuccessfully tried to cast the devil out. So, this poor man had some reason to fear.

But he had enough faith to come to Jesus, and that was enough.

If you have come to Jesus, then the Bible says you are saved.

Bro. Parrish 03-24-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 17366)
Brother Parrish, when we are born as humans, we are born with diseases we must be immunized against. When we are born again we are still born with spiritual diseases we must be immunized against, the Great Vaccine being the word of God.

You're dead-on accurate here Brother.

Grace and peace to you

Tony

Tony that is interesting, hey that reminds me of another recent thread Bro. Kiwi started called "religious baggage"---Luke you might want to see if there is some insight for you here:
http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1099

Forrest 03-25-2009 12:23 PM

Here are some wise words from Charles Spurgeon that offer some good advice for all of us.

Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.”—Matthew 4:1.

Holy character does not avert temptation—Jesus was tempted. When Satan tempts us, his sparks fall upon tinder; but in Christ’s case, it was like striking sparks on water; yet the enemy continued his evil work.

Now, if the devil goes on striking when there is no result, how much more will he do it when he knows what inflammable stuff our hearts are made of. Though you become greatly sanctified by the Holy Ghost, expect that the great dog of hell will bark at you still. In the haunts of men we expect to be tempted, but even seclusion will not guard us from the same trial.

Jesus Christ was led away from human society into the wilderness, and was tempted of the devil. Solitude has its charms and its benefits, and may be useful in checking the lust of the eye and the pride of life; but the devil will follow us into the most lovely retreats.

Do not suppose that it is only the worldly-minded who have dreadful thoughts and blasphemous temptations, for even spiritual-minded persons endure the same; and in the holiest position we may suffer the darkest temptation. The utmost consecration of spirit will not insure you against Satanic temptation. Christ was consecrated through and through. It was His meat and drink to do the will of Him that sent Him: and yet He was tempted!

Your hearts may glow with a seraphic flame of love to Jesus, and yet the devil will try to bring you down to Laodicean lukewarmness. If you will tell me when God permits a Christian to lay aside his armour, I will tell you when Satan has left off temptation. Like the old knights in war time, we must sleep with helmet and breastplate buckled on, for the arch-deceiver will seize our first unguarded hour to make us his prey.

The Lord keep us watchful in all seasons, and give us a final escape from the jaw of the lion and the paw of the bear.

Daniel Haifley 03-25-2009 01:03 PM

Thanks for your honesty Luke. I am a preachers kid -struggled with the same things you are struggling with. Every revival meeting and preachers conference I hoped that something would click. But over and over again I found myself back in the same pit as before. After asking every preacher I knew for help- I finally went to the Lord, himself and prayed that He would show me in the scriptures the answer to my plight. I found what I was looking for, and life has never been the same. Are you interested in what I found?

Forrest 03-25-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Haifley (Post 17399)
Thanks for your honesty Luke. I am a preachers kid -struggled with the same things you are struggling with. Every revival meeting and preachers conference I hoped that something would click. But over and over again I found myself back in the same pit as before. After asking every preacher I knew for help- I finally went to the Lord, himself and prayed that He would show me in the scriptures the answer to my plight. I found what I was looking for, and life has never been the same. Are you interested in what I found?

I don't know about Brother Luke, but I'm interested in hearing what you found.

Luke 03-29-2009 05:40 PM

So am I

I am basically just drifting through life, without purpose or direction. I feel as though God is through with me. I missed my opportunities, and the desires of my heart have perished. MY heart is hard. I am unloving, unkind, jealous and angry at lots of people, and I don't want to be.

I get angry at my pastor very easily, but I don't go and tell him. I get angry at my father in law very easily, but I don't go and tell him. The problem is not with them, it's with me.

I know I should win souls, or try to, but honestly, it seems as though I don't care all that much. I'm ungrateful to God. Sometimes I think I don't even believe, or care that He died for me.

Hayseed 03-30-2009 01:19 AM

Luke at 27years old God is hardly through with you.
Maybe you are doubting your salvation because you think if your'e saved you wouldn't be unloving,unkind,jealous,angry at your Pastor or father in law.But a saved man is capable of all this and more,we have two natures that war against each other.

Is there a specific reason(s) for your inward anger toward your father in law?
Is he usurping your position as head of your house maybe?
Is your Pastor expecting too much of you as a young man,trying to guilt you to do more?
Have you burnt out from doing too much maybe?

Try not to base your salvation on what you feel,think or do and then doubt you are saved.You are saved by what Jesus has done,He paid the price and now you are on a journey of working out your salvation and it maybe you are under too much outside pressures at the moment to feel or understand His direction for you.

Saved people do doubt and wonder about themselves and God...but at the end of the day "we know too much" we have learnt too much about God and have experienced His tender ways as well as His rebukes to not trust Him.

Hayseed
PS I have a married 27 year old son and he has felt far away from God at times too,as has my married 25 and 22 year old sons,their wives,Dad and me at times at 63 and 54.

Kiwi Christian 03-30-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 17541)
So am I

I am basically just drifting through life, without purpose or direction. I feel as though God is through with me. I missed my opportunities, and the desires of my heart have perished. MY heart is hard. I am unloving, unkind, jealous and angry at lots of people, and I don't want to be.

I get angry at my pastor very easily, but I don't go and tell him. I get angry at my father in law very easily, but I don't go and tell him. The problem is not with them, it's with me.

I know I should win souls, or try to, but honestly, it seems as though I don't care all that much. I'm ungrateful to God. Sometimes I think I don't even believe, or care that He died for me.

Brother, don't ever draw any conclusions based on what you feel or what you think, ever! Always, and again, always, base your conclusions on what God said.

You said "I feel as though God is through with me."
God said "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

You said "Sometimes I think I don't even believe."
God said "If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself."

Let God be true brother, let God be true.

It's saddening to read of your frame of mind Luke, I pray God will revive your heart soon and guide your feet into the way of peace.

chette777 03-30-2009 03:30 AM

Luke,

this is all of the Enemy trying to get you to be ineffective in witnessing. sounds to me you need a calling and that you may have to much free time on your hands. we all sin don't let anyone fool you. We grow in grace in those areas that we do sin and sin less as result of God's grace.

remember Romans six 1) reckon (recognize) yourself dead to sin and also reckon the areas you do sin. 2) Yield to God's righteousness (that which is imputed to you) and to personal righteousness and 3) serve God.

Then read Romans seven Paul struggled with personal sin too. come now if super Christians Paul struggled what more do you expect for all who want to live Godly in Christ Jesus.

Take a break and come over here to Palawan, you can stay free of charge here at our place all you need is a passport and you can stay up to two weeks with no special visa requirement.

Peopleoftheway, could use some help in Ireland setting up a Bible believing fellowship pray about going there for a little bit to help set up a new fellowship. Lots of opportunities for you to serve God just where your at I bet. you just don't see them.

May I suggest a book, "the school of Christ" by T. Austin-Sparks you can send for it free at: Emmanuel Church 12000 E 14th Street, Tulsa, OK 74128-5016 or call 918 838 1385 or 918 437 7064 it is a great book. your salvation is never based on how you feel or what circumstances you are in currently in your life. it is all part of Growing in Christ Jesus

peopleoftheway 03-30-2009 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 17541)
So am I

Brother if God was through with you, you would be dead. Your 27! God will humble you and bless you with plenty of opportunities God Sparing us!
Have you ever sat down and thought that God is "testing" YOU. I have felt exactly the same way, gotten angry at pastors and people for their treatment of Gods word and their sheer unbelief. I have felt hard hearted and unloving at times.
In these last days, and Brother we ARE in the last days there is a spirit of apostasy that is setting into peoples hearts, hardening them to the truth causing Gods people to doubt and once that seed of doubt is planted the devil is going to try his hardest to water it!

Get back up, adjust that armour into the right place, take your sword in your hand and Fight back!

Proverbs 24:16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

Hayseed 03-30-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian (Post 17557)

You said "Sometimes I think I don't even believe."
God said "If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself."

Let God be true brother, let God be true.

I have clung to that promise for myself and others I care about.:)

needingtruth 03-30-2009 04:45 PM

Luke I was feeling this way for about the last week and a half. Times like this come. You can't look to yourself or others just to the Lord. I was having serious doubts yesterday, but I just had a little talk with Jesus, and asked him to forgive me for doubting him. You'll get through it.

needingtruth 03-30-2009 05:34 PM

Luke

I had this same conversation with a friend last night. I just started looking at this forum today so it's kind of odd that I spotted this. I was struggling for 2 weeks or more with the same feelings your going through. You can't let doubts get you down. I think some people can just believe and not have serious doubts. It's a gift. People like you and me struggle because we're the type of people that have to find answers to all our questions and understand all the little things and forget about the main reason we're saved. Jesus Christ. Don't get hung up on little things. Keep your focus on the Lord and stay in his word. As for you mentioning Calvinism and the internet, I can only say that you need to stay away from Internet teachers. Not all are bad, but it's very easy to fall into traps setup by Satan. Just because a website say's it christian doesn't mean that Satan isn't behind it(this is part of my problem), and it can cause you to have serious doubts. Stay in your bible, stay on this forum and go to baptist1611.com as well. If you or anyone else would like to email me for some support and vice versa my email is johngibbons89@yahoo.com