AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   A Poster I made (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1197)

Luke 04-27-2009 05:59 PM

A Poster I made

Well, today in chapel, God became a woman.

So I made this poster to stick up in class to let people know God is not some sissy who calls people "sister" and "sweetiecakes".

It was blasphemous.

This is the God I know.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3175/saviour.jpg

Luke 04-27-2009 06:00 PM

If anyone wants a large copy of it, I have larger high quality ones

It might be a bit too "grunge" for some of you :P

BornAgainBibleBeliever514 04-27-2009 06:10 PM

AWESOME Luke!!!

You must have been cringing inside at the whole 'god is a woman' thing!
I sure know I did, it was all I could do to bite my tongue when I heard it from a woman 'minister' at a church my family had to visit once.

The LORD God ain't no queen !!!

Bro. Parrish 04-27-2009 06:22 PM

I like it, it's bold and powerful, reminds me of the power in the blood of Christ...

Jeremy 04-27-2009 07:25 PM

I like it too.:thumb:

It's pathetic how our Lord is portrayed and represented.

I havn't heard much of the "god is a woman" issue around here,just mother earth and all that garbage.

Some of these women preachers are more manly than some of there men counterparts.

Did anyone see the grand opening for the yankee stadium the other night.
I rest my case.:pound:

Yeah boy!

Diligent 04-27-2009 09:22 PM

Excellent design work. I know what you mean by "grunge" but it is completely appropriate.

Winman 04-28-2009 06:32 PM

That was very MANLY of you :)

Great job Luke in standing up against these freaks.

stephanos 04-28-2009 08:24 PM

Nice work brother. I too get a bit frustrated when some of the brethren conveniently forget what the OT says about our God.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Luke 04-28-2009 09:01 PM

I don't think this "minister" could be called brethren. Not even carnal or baby.

She (yep) talks about nothing but the women in the Bible. Now, that wouldn't be a big deal, since she is a woman, and is "ministering" at a girls school.

But when she spoke a message called "Feeling Good about yourself", Mrs Schueller* said that God loves everyone, that he accepts us as we are, and he just loves us all. Ain't that swell. It's true, to some extent, but there was no mention of sin, judgment, holiness, wretchedness of man and need for salvation. It was come as you are and stay as you are. Take my life and leave me be. And then a spoken poem about God as a woman was just sickening.

Apparently that great hero in the Bible, vincent van gough, took his life because he didn't feel good about himself. Then we heard a song about it by Don Mclean. Maybe next week will be about how the levy is dry, and drinking whiskey and rye.

Power of positive thinking sucks. Power of negative thinking enables.

*not her real name.

Hayseed 04-29-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 18843)

*not her real name.

Just as well you said Luke,I was going to snub her if she came to our church:rolleyes:

I like your poster to.This God as woman thing is quite a message that many are taking to.I was told that God is neither male nor female,He is both and Adam and Eve were both created in that image of God that is both male and female Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his ownimage,in the image of God created he him;male and female created he them.

To back that up they read Genesis 1:26 And God said,Let us make man in our image,after our likeness:

I was told I haven't done a study on the Greek meaning and Hebrew meanings blah blah blah