AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What Are You Reading Now? (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56)

LindaR 02-19-2008 12:49 AM

What Are You Reading Now?

Currently, I am reading a book by Dr. Renald Showers: Maranatha! Our Lord, Come!: A definitive study of the rapture of the church.

Diligent 02-19-2008 12:51 PM

Currently reading: While Men Slept by Kerby Fannin.

Next on the list: Freedom's Ring by Doug Stauffer.

Brother Mike 02-19-2008 02:56 PM

Currently: The Soul of St. Louis: A Historical Narrative of Revival in the Gateway City, By James Beller

Next I would like to read Holy War, By John Bunyan
and I would like to start reading The Fundamentals by Torrey

jblm1611 02-19-2008 09:25 PM

Brother Brandon,
Is Freedom's Ring a new book from Doug Stauffer? I read his book " One Book Rightly Divided " That book helped me get an understanding of rightly dividing the Word of truth.

Paladin54 02-19-2008 09:43 PM

I just finished Stauffer's One Book Stands Alone-AMAZING!
Now reading C.S. Lewis's autobiography, Surprised by Joy

Diligent 02-19-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jblm1611 (Post 605)
Brother Brandon,
Is Freedom's Ring a new book from Doug Stauffer? I read his book " One Book Rightly Divided " That book helped me get an understanding of rightly dividing the Word of truth.

Yes, it's a new book. I haven't started reading it yet, but it appears to be entirely on the subject of salvation. I'm looking forward to reading it.

It's available here.

sting of truth 02-19-2008 11:23 PM

i just got tortured for Christ, by/about richard wurmbrand,
after that i'm gonna read answers to your bible version questions by david w. daniels
and after that i wanna read out of the comfort zone by ray comfort

and before, during, in between, and after all these books, i shall be reading my king james bible..

timothy 02-20-2008 06:25 AM

I haven't had much chance to be reading much lately, but I have a copy of "Surrender is Not an Option" by John Bolton about his time with the UN that I'm intending to read...

Why I Eyes Ya! 03-10-2008 05:02 AM

I read "While men Slept" by Kerby Fannin recently; I'm sure Diligent will agree that it's a great book... I highly recommend it.

Also recommend "The Big Picture: The authority and integrity of the authentic Word of God" by David W Norris. Again, highly recommended.

Just about to start my second reading of "The Apostasy of the Christian Church (How we got to be in the mess we be in)" by R. Dawson Barlow. Excellent, though may 'ruffle a few feathers' as we say in the U.K.

God Bless

Biblestudent 03-10-2008 08:11 AM

I'm reading A.V.1611 forum now:D
Seriously, I'm reading Bible Doctrines by Mark Cambron.
Next, I would like to read Language of the King James Bible by Gail Riplinger when it arrives. A friend is sending me that book.