AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bible Studies (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Question: Sin in every day (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515)

wwjd.usa 09-23-2008 09:51 PM

Question: Sin in every day
 
I heard some people (one pastor) say that it's impossible to go a day without sinning. Other people say that it is possible to go a week or even longer without sinning.

I personally think that it is longer to live through a day without sinning because of Matthew 5:48

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

I think that this verse implies that it is possible to be as perfect as God. If it would not be possible to be perfect, then Jesus would say verse 48.

What do you all think about this topic?

Luke 09-23-2008 10:38 PM

I thought you were tired?

Yes, you believe in sinless perfection, we get it.
Yes, if you aren't perfect, you lose your salvation.

Friend, will you please take your agenda elsewhere.

peopleoftheway 09-24-2008 07:22 AM

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

The Word Of God calls you a liar.

We are encouraged NOT to sin, but knowing that when we do CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS!

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Do you read that? Jesus Christ is the righteous one, not us.

Careful on the path that you walk
Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Jeremy 09-24-2008 10:07 AM

Not possible to live a Sinless life. The above verses make it clear.
We do not have to do the physical act,it can be in our thought process.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Forrest 09-24-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjd.usa (Post 8316)
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

I think that this verse implies that it is possible to be as perfect as God. If it would not be possible to be perfect, then Jesus would say verse 48.

That's the point. Jesus was speaking to the self-righteous and said, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

How is that even possible? Perfect! Only by receiving Jesus Christ.

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Corinthians 5:21). You are as righteous as you'll ever be when Christ is in you. This a "positional" reality. Jesus Christ is in you, the hope of glory.

Success in the daily Christian life does not occur by trying in the strength of the flesh or by appropriating certain disciplines of the mind, but by trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ. Our trust is in Christ, not in the weak and beggarly aspects of sinful flesh or human intellect. Practical or experiential victory [putting off the former conversation] occurs when we apply the revealed doctrine of Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection by faith. It occurs by truly knowing what and who we are in Christ.

Knowing comes from divine truth which is revealed to us through the Word of God by the Holy Spirit and then received by faith. I am not speaking of intellectually knowing the facts; rather, I am referring to our inner spiritual perception, discernment, and understanding. In other words, faith is not based on our intellectual understanding. Faith is a confident leap into the light of God’s unwavering truth—even when you may not completely understand it.

By faith we can accept the fact that in Christ we are dead indeed unto sin (Romans 6), but what happens if we sin? We can believe with our whole heart that we are crucified with Christ. We can reckon ourselves to be dead indeed unto sin and alive unto God through Jesus Christ, but what happens if we say, do, or think something sinful? Does this mean we are not really saved after all? I repeat a verse already shared. “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous” (1 John 2:1).

We can do our very best, but our very best is never righteous. “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags…” (Isaiah 64:6). Thankfully, our righteousness is not conditional to our good or sinless behavior; it is conditional to the righteousness of Jesus Christ. “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

May we each cease from the fruitless effort of striving and laboring to live the genuine Christian life. Instead, let us rest in the complete and absolute sufficiency of Christ by faith. Let us each commit to abiding in Christ and yielding the fruit He desires to produce in our lives.

peopleoftheway 09-24-2008 12:04 PM

Sin, Some Amazing Facts
 
HEART DISEASE has been termed by the medical profession as man's number one enemy, and cancer second. However, as we turn to the Word of God, we find an enemy revealed that is far more subtle, dangerous, and universal than any disease that has plagued humanity. This enemy has caused ruin to the human race and also robbed God of glory. The hiss of the serpent can be heard in its pronunciation. It is called -- "SIN."

Now I trust that you will be interested enough to read this little tract carefully, for you, and all of us, are involved in the subject of sin. "Fools make a mock at sin" but "Wise men lay up knowledge" (Proverbs 14:9; 10:14). To be unaware of the tactics of this enemy is like being unarmed in the day of war.

GOD'S DESCRIPTION OF SIN

Society looks upon murder, adultery, stealing and lying as forms of sin, and rightly so. But did you ever consider that things you may count harmless, God reckons as sin? His thoughts are not your thoughts, for His thoughts are higher than your thoughts (Isaiah 55:8,9). I'm sure the following verses will prove this:

"An high look, and a proud heart, ... is sin"
(Proverbs 21:4).

"The thought of foolishness is sin"
(Proverbs 24:9).

"But if ye have respect to persons,
ye commit sin" (James 2:9).


THE SCOPE OF SIN

Certainly all must confess, "I have sinned against Thee" (Psalm 41:4). Doctors report that cancer claims one out of four people. Do you know God reports that sin seizes four out of four? Yes, 100% of us have been taken!

"For ALL have sinned, and come short
of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).


GOD'S VIEWING OF SIN

Does God see our sin? Those in Noah's day said, "Thick clouds are a covering to Him, that He seeth not" (Job 22:14). However, God saw not only their wickedness, but even the thoughts of their heart (Genesis 6:5)! God is Omnipresent - everywhere at once! Your actions, words, and unspoken thoughts are constantly viewed by His eye. "Thou hast set our iniquities before Thee, our secret sins in the light of Thy countenance" (Psalm 90:8).

"The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
beholding the evil and the good"
(Proverbs 15:3).


THE EFFECTS OF SIN

What tremendous effects sin has in the life of every mortal! The first effect was seen in the garden of Eden. Through Adam's sin, a separation took place. "He drove out the man" (Genesis 3:24). Thus man became a separated creature from his Creator. This state exists today and can be seen in the fact that man's desires are not Godward. He loves pleasure but not prayer, sports but not Scripture. His actions prove that he is "without God in the world" (Ephesians 2:12). To him, there is no beauty in Christ that he should desire Him (Isaiah 53:2).

"Your iniquities have separated
between you and your God" (Isaiah 59:2).

Sin, as a master, doles out wages to its slaves. It drags the body to the grave and plunges the soul into hell, a place of conscious torment (Luke 16:19-26).

At the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28,29), it will accuse the sinner, call for his punishment, and occasion his final and eternal confinement, body and soul, in the lake of fire.
"This is the second death" (Revelation 20:11-15).

"The wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23).


GOD'S CURE FOR SIN

God hates sin but loves the sinner! Sin calls for punishment; divine justice demands it, but God has a cure! In order to save us from our sins, He had to punish the Lord Jesus. At Calvary, nailed to the cross, "He was wounded for our transgressions" (Isaiah 53:5). "He appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself" (Hebrews 9:26).

No human effort, no matter how sincere, can put away sin. Only the blood of Christ can avail.

"The blood of Jesus Christ His Son
cleanseth us from all sin" (I John 1:7).

"Whosoever believeth in Him
shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:43).

Forrest 09-24-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleoftheway (Post 8346)
No human effort, no matter how sincere, can put away sin. Only the blood of Christ can avail.

Amen!

"And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified" (Hebrews 10:11-14).

Jesus alone, brethren.

wwjd.usa 09-24-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleoftheway (Post 8328)
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

The Word Of God calls you a liar.

You know, if I would have said that I never sin, then you would be correct that I'm a liar. This verse says that every single person has sinned. (That is before comming to know Jesus.) However, I believe that after a person is saved, the person can gradually live his life without sin. If that would not be so, then why else would Jesus command us us to be as perfect as the father in Heaven is? (Matthew 5:48)

God is perfect, and has never sinned. Jesus commands us to be perfect as God is. If Jesus tells us to be perfect as God is, then this means that a person can become perfect, as God is, and not sin. Why else would Jesus tell people to do the impossible?

peopleoftheway 09-24-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjd.usa (Post 8365)
You know, if I would have said that I never sin, then you would be correct that I'm a liar. This verse says that every single person has sinned. (That is before comming to know Jesus.) However, I believe that after a person is saved, the person can gradually live his life without sin. If that would not be so, then why else would Jesus command us us to be as perfect as the father in Heaven is? (Matthew 5:48)

God is perfect, and has never sinned. Jesus commands us to be perfect as God is. If Jesus tells us to be perfect as God is, then this means that a person can become perfect, as God is, and not sin. Why else would Jesus tell people to do the impossible?


You need to focus on the next verse
1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Do you think John is talking to non-believers or believers?

You are on seriously dangerous ground to say you are perfect.
We will only attain perfection when we reach Heaven, until then we are all a bunch of sinners saved by Grace through faith and that faith is what gets us by until out PERFECT LORD Jesus Christ calls us home or comes for us.

chette777 09-24-2008 06:07 PM

Only the Holy Spirit can help you not to sin. our duty is only to yeild our body unto God.

stephanos 09-24-2008 09:40 PM

This is a discussion that took place quite a bit in patristic writting if I recall correctly, but more so during the reformation (especially the radical reformation). Some believe it is possible for a Christian to completely put away the ways of the flesh. I personally don't think we can put away all sin in our lives. If someone were to achieve a state of perfection it would be not of his own doing, but of God.

Philippians 2:13 (KJV) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

I think that's very important to remember. I also think it is equally important for us to remember that there are going to be rewards awaiting us in the Kingdom (Crowns?), and that we should be completely focused on fulfilling God's purpose for us here while we sojourn in the world.

Ephesians 2:10 (KJV) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

I for one want to serve the Lord primarily because His pleasure is my pleasure. I've sometimes thought that when I finally see my Master smile that I will loose it, quite literally. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The smile of the Lord is the greatest jewel in Heaven. The second reason I want to do good works in this life is because there is a reward awaiting me if I should stand fast in God's purpose.

Revelation 22:12 (KJV) And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.


Paul talked about perfection, which fits this thread.

Philippians 3:8-14 (KJV) Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us also press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus!

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Forrest 09-25-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjd.usa (Post 8365)
...This verse says that every single person has sinned. (That is before coming to know Jesus.) However, I believe that after a person is saved, the person can gradually live his life without sin. If that would not be so, then why else would Jesus command us us to be as perfect as the father in Heaven is? (Matthew 5:48)

God is perfect, and has never sinned. Jesus commands us to be perfect as God is. If Jesus tells us to be perfect as God is, then this means that a person can become perfect, as God is, and not sin. Why else would Jesus tell people to do the impossible?

You said, "However, I believe that after a person is saved, the person can gradually live his life without sin. If that would not be so, then why else would Jesus command us us to be as perfect as the father in Heaven is? (Matthew 5:48)"

The point of the sermon on the mount, was not to provide a higher and loftier standard of holy living that people should aspire to live by through prayer, study, striving, effort, discipline, drive, or determination. The message was to show the impossibility and utter hopelessness of doing so. To strip humankind of any and all self-righteousness. Again, the only way you can be, listen now, think about this, PERFECT AS THE FATHER IN HEAVEN IS PERFECT, is by receiving Jesus Christ. It's His righteousness not ours.

We should indeed put off, put on, yield, yield not, submit, follow, put away, flee, pray, study, love, forbear, cease, and obey the teaching of God in His Word. No one is suggesting that the power and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ is a divine permission slip to live the way you desire. Follow and submit to Jesus Christ by the power of Holy Spirit operating through the written Word of God.

You said, "If Jesus tells us to be perfect as God is, then this means that a person can become perfect, as God is, and not sin."

To me this is a most disturbing and troubling statement, the way you are applying it. Reflect on your words. Perfect as God? Some glorious day, when we are changed in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye, in His very presence, we will have utterly put off sin and experienced ultimate and final sanctification. "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure" (1 John 3:1-2).

The above verse in 1 John is a statement of fact. It is a reality. Every man that hath the "hope in him" is speaking of a person who has Jesus Christ Himself. He has purified himself even as he is pure by believing in and receiving Jesus Christ. The result of being in Him and Christ being in you is that you've become the righteousness of God.

I 0nce thought "purifieth himself" was a call to live a pure life, until one day I observed the last statement, "even as he is pure." Even as God is pure! How is that possible? Not in this corruptible body, brother. Jesus Christ is my righteousness and Jesus Christ alone. This verse is not addressing changed outward behavior, it is a "spiritual" and "positional" reality of what we are in Christ. "And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:" (Colossians 1:21-22).

Again, I'm not suggesting our mortal life does not change. But, in my opinion, these verses (in Matthew and 1 John) do not address the mortal life.

My love for the Lord Jesus Christ constrains me to follow Him. Yet, being honest with you, the things I know I should do, I don't. The things I should not do, I do! I'm still a wretched man! Longing for that glorious day of final transformation.

peopleoftheway 09-25-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

My love for the Lord Jesus Christ constrains me to follow Him. Yet, being honest with you, the things I know I should do, I don't. The things I should not do, I do! I'm still a wretched man! Longing for that glorious day of final transformation.
Amen to that Brother, now thats a truth, we are all wretched! I to long for that Day when this world is put behind us and we stand before our Glorious LORD and Saviour. Utntil then I will keep stumbling and I will keep getting back up again.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
Proverbs 24:16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

Brother Tim 09-25-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
I'm glad it is not up to me to get cleaned up!

wwjd.usa 10-01-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest (Post 8343)
How is that even possible? Perfect! Only by receiving Jesus Christ.

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9
How do you answer this verse?

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleoftheway (Post 8346)
THE SCOPE OF SIN Certainly all must confess, "I have sinned against Thee" (Psalm 41:4). Doctors report that cancer claims one out of four people. Do you know God reports that sin seizes four out of four? Yes, 100% of us have been taken!

I agree with you that every single person (except Jesus) has sinned. However, I say that when one is a Christian, one can avoid sin to a certain extent. Jesus said that with men, all things are impossible, but with God, all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26) What I'm saying, is that if a person wants to, then he or she can live a week, a month, or longer without sinning. (This includes the fact that a person can sin through thoughts). That is of course possible not with a human strength, but with God, all things are possible.

"The wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23).
I believe that unforgiven sin would result in Hell if we die. Therefore, if we commit a sin, immediately, we need ask God for forgiveness. The longer we wait, the more chances there are that we would die.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleoftheway (Post 8369)
You are on seriously dangerous ground to say you are perfect. We will only attain perfection when we reach Heaven, until then we are all a bunch of sinners saved by Grace through faith and that faith is what gets us by until out PERFECT LORD Jesus Christ calls us home or comes for us.

No, I'm not saying that I'm perfect, but I'm saying that if one works hard on himself and asks God for help, one can be perfect as long as he is on his guard

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanos (Post 8379)
This is a discussion that took place quite a bit in patristic writting if I recall correctly, but more so during the reformation (especially the radical reformation). Some believe it is possible for a Christian to completely put away the ways of the flesh. I personally don't think we can put away all sin in our lives. If someone were to achieve a state of perfection it would be not of his own doing, but of God.

Yes, I believe that one can completely put away sins from the flesh, but in order to do that, one has to be on guard and ask God for help. THIS IS A VERY DIFFICULT TASK TO ACCOMPLISH. Once the person accomplishes this task, one has to be on extreme guard in order not to sin. (It's very easy to sin once accomplishing this state of being)

peopleoftheway 10-01-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Yes, I believe that one can completely put away sins from the flesh, but in order to do that, one has to be on guard and ask God for help. THIS IS A VERY DIFFICULT TASK TO ACCOMPLISH. Once the person accomplishes this task, one has to be on extreme guard in order not to sin. (It's very easy to sin once accomplishing this state of being)
Friend, In this life its not a very difficult task to accomplish, its impossible, you CANNOT live a sinless life it is NOT scriptural and completely self righteous.

Forrest 10-01-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjd.usa (Post 8741)
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9
How do you answer this verse?

I apologize for the lengthy answer, but I want to be thourough in my answer. Excellent question by the way, and one that needs to be answered.

“The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world” (John 1:29). In this verse the words taketh away [airo] mean to remove or to carry off. It also means to take upon ones self and carry what has been raised up, to bear.

Jesus Christ has taken away the sin of the world. He was nailed to a cross and lifted up; placed upon Him were the sins of the world! When He was crucufied and died for our sins, He was buried, and He rose again the third day. That's the gospel.

“For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins” (Romans 11:27). Here the words take away [aphaireo] mean to take from, take away, remove, carry off, or to cut off.

“And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin” (1 John 3:5). And here again the words take away [airo] mean to remove, and to carry off. It means to take upon ones self and carry what has been raised up, to bear.

Praise God—your sins are forgiven! As Corrie Ten Boone once said, “My sins are in the sea of His forgetfulness and God has posted a “NO FISHING” sign for all to see and observe.” Sin is atoned for. We are free from its eternal bondage.

These verses teach us that Jesus Christ is the propitiation for our sin. He completely satisfied the just and holy demands of God toward sin. By shedding His own precious blood, He has cleansed us from all sin! “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot” (1 Peter 1:18–19).

THE “NEW POSITION” OF THE BELIEVER

Are you washed in the blood?

If you have trusted Jesus Christ alone for the forgiveness of sin, you are as clean and as sanctified as you’ll ever be. No additional sacrifice can be made. “By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all” (Hebrews 10:10).

Sanctified [hagiazo] means to separate from profane things and to dedicate to God. To consecrate things to God. To be purified internally by the renewing of the soul.

Sanctified is in the perfect tense. The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, describing an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.

Jesus’ last cry from the cross, “It is finished!” is a good example of the perfect tense used in this sense, namely “It [the atonement] has been accomplished, completely, once and for all time.”

In addition, the words, “we are sanctified” are present tense denoting continual action. Our sanctification, separation, consecration, dedication, and renewal never stop. In Christ, we are continually sanctified.

Furthermore, the word once [ephapax] literally means all at once. Jesus Christ sanctified every believer all at once with one offering. And He keeps sanctifying every believer.

“For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified” (Hebrews 10:14).

Perfected [teleioo] literally means to make perfect and complete. There is nothing left. You are complete in Christ, beloved. “And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power” (Colossians 2:10).

How long are you perfected?

Forever! We are as holy, unblameable, and unreproveable as we’ll ever be. “And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight” (Colossians 1:21–22). Nothing will stain the born again believer because the blood of Jesus keeps cleansing.

“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit” (Romans 8:1).

As we examine this remarkable truth, we understand there is absolutely no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus and who, in reality, no longer walk in the flesh. "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his" (Romans 8:9).

In this verse, condemnation (katakrima) literally means there is no damnatory sentence. We must understand that apart from Christ a person is already condemned to eternal damnation.

It is specifically the sin of unbelief and the rejection of Jesus Christ that condemns a person. But the penalty of sin and all its condemnation is vanquished by the redemptive work of Christ. “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (John 3:18). He has made a way of escape once—for all who believe.

Praise God! Christ has made us free from sin. Our newly acquired freedom is not based on what we do or how we behave, but rather, who we are in Christ. Jesus Christ has taken care of all condemnation through His perfect and sinless sacrifice.

We can rest fully in the sacrifice of Christ. His atonement has abolished the penalty of sin forever in the life of the believer. “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 15:55–57).

If victory is ours in Christ, why do will still commit sins?

If God has given us a new heart and mind and equipped us with the power to live the Christian life, why do we still sin? That’s a legitimate and disturbing concern for each of us who desire to follow Christ.

It’s simply because our corruptible and mortal flesh continues to fight against the Spirit. There is a very real and present experience of spiritual warfare in our lives. I do not need to convince you of this stark reality—if you are honest, you know that you live with it each day.

There is certainly nothing we can do in the flesh that will ever please God. “For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not” (Romans 7:18). So what hope is there for mortal man?

The flesh (sarx) could refer to the flesh covering our sinew and bones, but here it denotes mere human nature. Paul is not suggesting the ear that hears the preaching of God’s word, or the mouth that utters His truth, or the eyes that read His inerrant Word are all bad and no good thing dwells in them. The flesh is the earthly nature of man that is opposed to divine influence and therefore prone to sin. The flesh nature is opposed to God in every way. The only real good in man is his new spiritual nature, the new man, which is firmly rooted in the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Understand: our new heart and new mind is positionally perfect. As a believer, you cannot be washed in the blood more than you already are. The blood of Jesus Christ is continually cleansing you and presenting you acceptable to God. You are justified based solely on the completed work of Jesus Christ. Jesus came “in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight” (Colossians 1:22).

If you are like most Christians, you’re probably more interested in the “operational” or “experiential” aspect of living the daily Christian life. If I am presented “holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight,” why do I still commit sins? Why don’t I live a holy, unblameable, and unreproveable lifestyle? Is it a lack of faith? Perhaps I'm not trying hard enough? Maybe I need some new disciplines in my life.

No! No! No! We must understand that we have not yet received our ultimate and final condition of sanctification—the final and literal transformation into a glorified condition when the presence of sin will be gone forever.

“In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality” (1 Corinthians 15:52–53).

This is why we are admonished in Scripture to actively lay aside, mortify, put off, abstain, yield, flee, walk, trust, believe, reckon, awake out of sleep, cast off the works of darkness, put on the armor of light, and be holy in our present mortal state. We appropriate these spiritual realities through the instrument of faith. We cease from our own labor when we enter into the Lord’s rest by faith in the completed and finished work of Jesus Christ.

THE OLD MAN

We must also understand that there is a battle or conflict because the “former conversation the old man” is still present in our mortal life. That is why we are specifically reminded by the Apostle Paul that in Christ we have been taught, “that ye put off concerning the former conversation [manner of life, conduct, behavior] the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts” (Ephesians 4:22). This chapter goes on to say: be renewed, put on, put away, sin not, let not, let no, grieve not, and let all. Let me stress that all we do in the Christian life is a result of God working in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Let me also make clear that the old man [the man without Christ] is indeed crucified with Christ (Romans 6:6) and that you can know this fact as a present “spiritual” reality by faith.

What I mean by “spiritual reality” is that you have not been literally or physically nailed to a cross and your flesh has not literally died and been buried in the grave. It’s a spiritual reality. The words “old man is crucified” are the aorist tense which usually refers to the past tense and denotes something that has happened, not needing to be repeated. Praise God, Christ has finished the work of redemption once and for all. The phrase “is crucified” is also in the passive voice which represents the subject [the old man] as being the recipient of the action.

This does not mean, however, that the former conversation [manner of life, conduct, or behavior] is abolished from your daily experiences of life. The “former conversation” of the old man must be put off [to put off or aside or away] on a daily basis. “That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts” (Ephesians 4:22). Put off is in the “middle voice” which indicates the subject performing an action upon himself (reflexive action) or for his own benefit. The subject in this case is the true believer. Again, we are admonished to be renewed, put on, put away, sin not, let not, let no, grieve not, and let all. We obey these admonitions by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ—for the just shall live by faith.

LIVING VICTORIOUSLY

How do I achieve success in the daily Christian life?

Success in the daily Christian life does not occur by trying in the strength of the flesh or by appropriating certain disciplines of the mind, but by trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ. Our trust is in Christ, not in the weak and beggarly aspects of sinful flesh or human intellect. Practical or experiential victory [putting off the former conversation] occurs when we apply the revealed doctrine of Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection by faith.

I do not mean to be repetitive, but we must understand this. As Christians, we have a new standing with God and are completely justified (deemed or declared righteous) on the basis of Christ’s completed work. The penalty of sin, which is death, including eternal separation from God, has been completely destroyed by Jesus Christ. We are completely forgiven and reconciled with God based on the sacrifice of Christ alone. We are in right standing with Holy God only by the instrument of faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ. We did not begin the Christian life based on the merits of our good behavior, and we certainly do not maintain the Christian life based on the merits of good behavior. These are the glorious facts of our position in Christ.

In Christ Jesus we are dead indeed unto sin and alive unto God. “Likewise reckon [an accounting term meaning to count or conclude] ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:11). To reckon yourself dead indeed unto sin and alive unto God is realized only by divine revelation and then applied by faith. This is not learned behavior; it’s revealed fact. True, practical victory not only occurs when we reckon ourselves dead indeed unto sin, but when we reckon ourselves alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. He did not leave us in the grave, but resurrected us to live in the newness of life.

You must know before you can ever reckon yourself dead indeed unto sin and alive unto God through Christ Jesus. In other words, counting or concluding yourself dead indeed unto sin and alive unto God through Christ Jesus is the result of first knowing you are dead indeed unto sin and alive unto God through Christ Jesus. We can say we are dead unto sin every day of our life, but we’ll fail miserably until we actually know we are dead unto sin. We can say we are alive unto God through Christ every day of our life, but we’ll fail miserably until we actually know we are alive unto God through Christ.

Knowing comes from divine truth which is revealed to us through the Word of God by the Holy Spirit and then received by faith. I am not speaking of intellectually knowing the facts; rather, I am referring to our inner spiritual perception, discernment, and understanding. In other words, faith is not based on our intellectual understanding. Faith is a confident leap into the light of God’s unwavering truth—even when you may not completely understand it.

By faith we can accept the fact that in Christ we are dead indeed unto sin, but what happens if we sin? We can believe with our whole heart that we are crucified with Christ. We can reckon ourselves to be dead indeed unto sin and alive unto God through Jesus Christ, but what happens if we say, do, or think something sinful? Does this mean we are not really saved after all?

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous” (1 John 2:1).

We can do our very best, but our very best is never righteous. “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags…” (Isaiah 64:6). Thankfully, our righteousness is not conditional to our good or sinless behavior; it is conditional to the righteousness of Jesus Christ. “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

May we each cease from the fruitless effort of striving and laboring to live the genuine Christian life. Instead, let us rest in the complete and absolute sufficiency of Christ by faith. Let us each commit to abiding in Christ and yielding the fruit He desires to produce in our lives. This is the joy of living the Christ directed life!

READ THE VERSE WITH UNDERSTANDING:

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; [WHY?] for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God" (1 John 3:9).

Yes, "positionally" (in Christ) I no longer sin. Not "experientially" or operationally, but positionally. I no longer sin because His seed remains in me, no because I live a holy, disciplined, committed, or sinless lifestyle.

peopleoftheway 10-01-2008 06:47 PM

Well answered Brother Forrest, I pray that wwjd understands it.

wwjd.usa 10-01-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleoftheway (Post 8746)
Friend, In this life its not a very difficult task to accomplish, its impossible, you CANNOT live a sinless life it is NOT scriptural and completely self righteous.

What about if a person lays in a comma (without conscience) for a month? Would you say that the person sins while his soul is out of his flesh?
So therefore, this task is not impossible.

What about an infant, who can't tell right from wrong? Does it mean that an infant can not go for a month without sinning?

By the way, I personally don't think that there was a time (since I was saved) that I did not sin for a month. Although there might have been a week which passed by, where I did not sin.

Diligent 10-01-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjd.usa (Post 8758)
What about if a person lays in a comma (without conscience) for a month? Would you say that the person sins while his soul is out of his flesh?
So therefore, this task is not impossible.

So when Jesus prayed to the Father and asked to let the cup pass from him if it was possible, did the Father not consider the option of putting us all in comas? Don't you see how unreasonable your argument is?

Quote:

What about an infant, who can't tell right from wrong?
That's not sinlessness, that's sin not imputed.

wwjd.usa 10-01-2008 08:29 PM

By the way, How do you all like my picture?

peopleoftheway 10-02-2008 07:13 AM

Quote:

What about if a person lays in a comma (without conscience) for a month? Would you say that the person sins while his soul is out of his flesh?
So therefore, this task is not impossible.
Thats a strange argument my friend, that means to NOT sin we would have to be in a coma, so if you wished to NOT sin you would have to place yourself in a coma, and how would you do that? any way that you would try to put yourself IN a coma would be a serious sin against the stewardship of your body, and could even result in death. What about coma patients who are unsaved, are they made righteous through doing no sin, I don't think so. Just because a person appears to be "away" from the outside world does not mean that there is not ANY thought in that persons head.

Friend, I urge you, I pray for you that your eyes are opened, you cannot, and will not live a sinless life, until you are raised incorruptible. Until then you are like the rest of us, sinners saved by grace through faith striving toward perfection of our Blessed Saviour the LORD Jesus Christ.

Josh 10-02-2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjd.usa (Post 8741)
"The wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23).
I believe that unforgiven sin would result in Hell if we die. Therefore, if we commit a sin, immediately, we need ask God for forgiveness. The longer we wait, the more chances there are that we would die.


This is saying that Christ's works on the cross isn't enought to keep us saved, and we must do it by living righteously. When you become a part of God's family, you're there forever. He's not going to send you to Hell because you die with unconfessed sin. When He washed you in the blood, He washed you forever my brother. Jesus said that he that is cleansed need only to wash his feet, implying that we are still clean, save our feet. Bottom line: You cannoy lose your salvation by anything you do or do not do, or anyway at all! Salvation is eternal.

LindaR 10-02-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest
READ THE VERSE WITH UNDERSTANDING:

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; [WHY?] for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God" (1 John 3:9).

Yes, "positionally" (in Christ) I no longer sin. Not "experientially" or operationally, but positionally. I no longer sin because His seed remains in me, no because I live a holy, disciplined, committed, or sinless lifestyle.

I haven't posted on this forum in a while, but when I read this post, I just had to reply with a hearty AMEN! I didn't quote the entire post due to the length. I especially liked the very last comment (which is why I quoted it). It is the best explanation of 1 John 3:9 that I've read in a long time. Nobody can live a Christian life...it is Christ alone Who lives that life through us (Gal. 2:20)...as we yield to the Holy Spirit.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16)

There was one comment in your post which I didn't understand. It was the comment about "unbelief and rejection of Christ" being a sin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest
It is specifically the sin of unbelief and the rejection of Jesus Christ that condemns a person. But the penalty of sin and all its condemnation is vanquished by the redemptive work of Christ. “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (John 3:18). He has made a way of escape once—for all who believe.

I've never heard this before. Would you please explain this further? I know that rejection of Christ will condemn a person to hell...that when a person goes to hell, he/she goes there with his/her sins already paid for. Would this mean that Christ died for unbelief and mankind's rejection of Him?

Forrest 10-02-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaR (Post 8783)

There was one comment in your post which I didn't understand. It was the comment about "unbelief and rejection of Christ" being a sin.

I've never heard this before. Would you please explain this further? I know that rejection of Christ will condemn a person to hell...that when a person goes to hell, he/she goes there with his/her sins already paid for. Would this mean that Christ died for unbelief and mankind's rejection of Him?

Hello Sister. This is one of those instances where I must be careful not to be so proud and emphatic about my view that I end up creating my own doctrine. So please know my tone, humble and gentle hearted.

I make that statement in light of John 3. "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18).

The condemnation to the eternal "second death" (Revelation 20) is already (now) upon the unbeliever. I think we can agree with that. It is clear to me that sins did not result in the present condemnation, but as I read the Scripture, it was specifically unbelief that brings a state of condemnation.

I think we also understand that: "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil" (John 3:19). The love of darkness and evil deeds do indeed blind people to the truth. I am asking, do you suppose that unbelief is an act of the will? Do you think "sins" are what bring condemnation or do you suppose the single "sin" of unbelief (after hearing the Word of Truth), is what brings condemnation?

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," (Ephesians 1:13).

So in my understanding, Linda, unbelief is a choice of the free will of man, and in light of Scripture, is the reason why mankind will be condemned to the second death.

"And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin" (Romans 14:23).

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

LindaR 10-02-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest (Post 8786)
Hello Sister. This is one of those instances where I must be careful not to be so proud and emphatic about my view that I end up creating my own doctrine. So please know my tone, humble and gentle hearted.

I make that statement in light of John 3. "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18).

The condemnation to the eternal "second death" (Revelation 20) is already (now) upon the unbeliever. I think we can agree with that. It is clear to me that sins did not result in the present condemnation, but as I read the Scripture, it was specifically unbelief that brings a state of condemnation.

I think we also understand that: "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil" (John 3:19). The love of darkness and evil deeds do indeed blind people to the truth. I am asking, do you suppose that unbelief is an act of the will? Do you think "sins" are what bring condemnation or do you suppose the single "sin" of unbelief (after hearing the Word of Truth), is what brings condemnation?

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," (Ephesians 1:13).

So in my understanding, Linda, unbelief is a choice of the free will of man, and in light of Scripture, is the reason why mankind will be condemned to the second death.

"And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin" (Romans 14:23).

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

I will concede that unbelief and rejection can be determined as "sin". If indeed it is "sin", then, as I've stated before, all sins were paid for on Calvary. That being said, Christ told some in Matthew 7 "I never knew you". It stands to reason that since all sins were paid for on Calvary, then what one truly goes to hell for is not knowing the Saviour or the Saviour not knowing them. One must have a relationship with Christ.

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:23)

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (John 10:27)

Forrest 10-02-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaR (Post 8790)
...as I've stated before, all sins were paid for on Calvary. That being said, Christ told some in Matthew 7 "I never knew you". It stands to reason that since all sins were paid for on Calvary, then what one truly goes to hell for is not knowing the Saviour or the Saviour not knowing them. One must have a relationship with Christ.

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:23)

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (John 10:27)

I agree. :)

He is indeed the propitiation for our sins (all of them)...and not just ours, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2.)

Belief in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only way humankind can be redeemed. I did not do anything to earn salvation, I certainly cannot do anything to maintain it.

pbiwolski 10-02-2008 01:50 PM

Getting back to the thread topic...

We all agree that
all have sinned
and
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Allow me to go back to the original question, can one go an entire day without sinning?

That's a simple question. (Maybe there's a doctrinal implication intended by WWJD, yet nevertheless the question was simply put.)

To this question I will authoritatively answer, Yes, any child of God can go as long as he/she wants to without sinning.

peopleoftheway 10-02-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

To this question I will authoritatively answer, Yes, any child of God can go as long as he/she wants to without sinning.
How?
I know I cannot get through a day when I haven't had the old man bring up some temptation in my head that I rebuke, I wrestle with sin every day of my life but I don't give in, the thought is still there, I mean I am a young, unmarried man, I still have some thoughts in my head that shouldn't be there but I still get them, im only human that's my flaw. At the end of that day I fall on my knees and ask for forgiveness of my sins with the only advocate that can take care of that, Christ Almighty.

Forrest 10-02-2008 04:19 PM

pbiwolski

I thought his original question was: "What do you all think about this topic?" Regarding the verse: "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

WWJD commented, "I think that this verse implies that it is possible to be as perfect as God."

pbiwolski, you said, "Allow me to go back to the original question, can one go an entire day without sinning? That's a simple question. (Maybe there's a doctrinal implication intended by WWJD, yet nevertheless the question was simply put.)"

It is indeed a simple question, (can one go an entire day without sinning?) but I do not see it in his original thread.

Again, WWJD asked: "What do you all think about this topic?" Regarding, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

I used a lot of doctrine in a lengthy post to answer his question.

fundy 10-02-2008 04:25 PM

A question or two for wwjd.usa,

If it were possible to not sin for a whole day, why not two? or three? ...surely giving up sin completely would just be a matter of time and effort on the part of the (ex) sinner, just like giving up smoking or drinking...one day at a time until you are "clean"?

Once you had defeated sin, the original curse would no longer have a hold on you, would this mean you would never have to die and face judgement? or would the sins that you commited before you defeated sin still condem you?
or, now being perfect by your own effort, would you then have the ability to forgive yourself of those earler sins as well?

Once you have achieved this state of perfection, would you even need the Bible? as most of it would not apply to you anymore...especially the bit about Jesus dying for your sins....a sacrifice now totally redundant.

:confused::confused::confused:

fundy

wwjd.usa 10-02-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fundy (Post 8821)
A question or two for wwjd.usa,

If it were possible to not sin for a whole day, why not two? or three? ...surely giving up sin completely would just be a matter of time and effort on the part of the (ex) sinner, just like giving up smoking or drinking...one day at a time until you are "clean"?

Once you had defeated sin, the original curse would no longer have a hold on you, would this mean you would never have to die and face judgement? or would the sins that you commited before you defeated sin still condem you?
or, now being perfect by your own effort, would you then have the ability to forgive yourself of those earler sins as well?

Once you have achieved this state of perfection, would you even need the Bible? as most of it would not apply to you anymore...especially the bit about Jesus dying for your sins....a sacrifice now totally redundant.

:confused::confused::confused:

fundy

You know, if you look at the example of David, you will see that he did not sin and was close to God most of the time, but not always. Once he has reached this state of perfect, Saten sent him temptations. Some temptations he defeated, and he did not sin at that time, while into other temptations he fell, and ended up sinning. Some temptations, he fell double time, like he fell into a temptation, and commited adultry. Then the double fall, is when David has killed the husband of that female in order to marry the female. (2 Samuel 11)

whenever we defeat temptations that come to us throughout all day long, we have lived a day without sin. If we live for five days without sinning, then usually we are not as much on the guard against the Devil. Once we are not so much on our guard, it is easier saten to tempt us, and to make us sin.


John 13
"10Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

11For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean."

Whenever Jesus refers to clean, he refers that the disciples lived without sin at that time

wwjd.usa 10-02-2008 05:03 PM

Thank you all for answering my question.

to Forrest
You need to quit your job and start writing Christian books and novels, since you know the Greek language so well

I wanted to say that one time, I started fasting a long time, a very long time. Whenever I fasted, Saten was trying to send me temptations, but God helped me defeat the temptations. Durring the fast and some time after the fast, it seemed to me, that I did not sin at all. (This includes sinning through thoughts). Especially after the fast, for some time, there wasn't even a bad thought that came to my mind. You know, I did not think selfish, but rather, I felt like I need to go out to the world, make everyone's life good and make everyone peaceful.

I heard other people say that it's impossible to go one day without sin. So this is why I asked this question.

Once again, thanks to all for participating and I have received an answer to my question.

Forrest 10-02-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjd.usa (Post 8822)
Thank you all for answering my question.

to Forrest
You need to quit your job and start writing Christian books and novels, since you know the Greek language so well

I heard other people say that it's impossible to go one day without sin. So this is why I asked this question.

Once again, thanks to all for participating and I have received an answer to my question.

Come on, Brother. I Know nothing, am nothing, can do nothing, or recieve nothing apart from Christ. I used Spiros Zodhiates dictionary on greek words only for clarification. But in no way do I stand on definitions or believe they are necessary for understanding or perceiving and discerning the meaning of Holy Scripture. I think the Word stands on its own.

Why do I sometimes use greek definitions provided by men? Basically, I enjoy it when the definition lines up with what the Holy Spirit has already taught me through the Word.

What happens if the definition does not line up with what the Spirit has revealed to me through the Word? I keep my mouth shut until I'm prompted to speak. Even then, I still don't always get it right.

I gave sincere thought and careful prayer and consideration to your question. But all we need is the Word and the indwelling Holy Spirit!

fundy 10-02-2008 09:52 PM

Quote by wwjd.usa.."whenever we defeat temptations that come to us throughout all day long, we have lived a day without sin. If we live for five days without sinning, then usually we are not as much on the guard against the Devil. Once we are not so much on our guard, it is easier saten to tempt us, and to make us sin.''

What do you expect to gain by living the occasional sinless day/ week?

fundy

Luke 10-03-2008 03:40 AM

wwjd.usa,

Why are you using the word perfection like it is something you can attain to?

Romans 3:23 still applies to you.

We are saved by Christ's righteousness, not our own.

Even if you go a day without sinning, that does not erase sins in the past. It does not hide sin.

You are basically saying that a man can be justified by the law. If that be so, then the reward is of debt, and not of grace. Romans 4:4.

Levite-7 10-03-2008 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (Post 8781)
This is saying that Christ's works on the cross isn't enought to keep us saved, and we must do it by living righteously. When you become a part of God's family, you're there forever. He's not going to send you to Hell because you die with unconfessed sin. When He washed you in the blood, He washed you forever my brother. Jesus said that he that is cleansed need only to wash his feet, implying that we are still clean, save our feet. Bottom line: You cannoy lose your salvation by anything you do or do not do, or anyway at all! Salvation is eternal.

hi~

that's an interesting connection with the washing of the feet, beautiful symbolism ~ gives more appreciation for the Word, for it never ceases to amaze me. :) it's feels true, the LORD seeks such to worship Him, in spirit & in truth. the Holy Bible is clear that we are all sinners & have come short of the glory of God. even if we go forth & sin no more, we are still guilty as sinners since we bear the record of sins.

it is the faith in the risen Christ & personal sanctification walking through the symbolic type of the Tabernacle that shall redeem us from sin at the last day. yea, i know the Word well & do what i can to be sanctified, but i'm still a sinner as written in the Word of the most Holy. thank the LORD for His great mercy upon us all.

~levite-7

Scott Simons 10-03-2008 05:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleoftheway (Post 8369)
You need to focus on the next verse
1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Do you think John is talking to non-believers or believers?

You are on seriously dangerous ground to say you are perfect.
We will only attain perfection when we reach Heaven, until then we are all a bunch of sinners saved by Grace through faith and that faith is what gets us by until out PERFECT LORD Jesus Christ calls us home or comes for us.



Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

These people look like they are pretty close.

I heard someone once say can you go a day without sinning? How about an Hour? How about a minute, well live your life minute by minute, then.

One should strife to enter into God’s rest and live there lives in his favor, to attack WWJD like a pack of wolves, calling him a liar for questioning a point of direction that the Lord called us to walk in, is weird.

I always wonder why someone claims to be a sinner saved by grace, if Jesus took all your sin how much do you have, if he has washed you clean of all your sin, how much do you have?

1 Peter 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
Are you righteous or ungodly and a sinner?

Luke 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,………

Which are you a righteous man or a sinner?

Oh, I get it you are a righteous sinner. That makes me sick!

Yes we stumble, does folly besiege us, have we sinned, yes, but are we sinners or righteous?

Let me ask you something peopleoftheway have you every told a lie? Does that make you a lair? Have you every got drunk? Does that make you a drunk?
Has a righteous man ever sinned? Well how is it then a righteous man is now a sinner?

Before you start calling people lairs, you better look under your own bed.

peopleoftheway 10-03-2008 08:26 AM

First of Scott

Thanks for that, I hope you feel better now getting that anger of your chest.

Quote:

One should strife to enter into God’s rest and live there lives in his favor, to attack WWJD like a pack of wolves, calling him a liar for questioning a point of direction that the Lord called us to walk in, is weird.
Quote:

Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

These people look like they are pretty close
Follow after perfection, Christ is perfect follow him, strive toward perfection, not become perfect.


Quote:

I always wonder why someone claims to be a sinner saved by grace, if Jesus took all your sin how much do you have, if he has washed you clean of all your sin, how much do you have?
Now you listen very carefully here as I shall say this to you only the once.
I sin every day, I struggle with sin every day, sin almost ended my life many days when I was not right with God. The LORD JESUS CHRIST saved me from my sins, those that I had done, am doing and will do. My soul is bought and payed for, but in this mortal life sin is ever present and all around and I will stumble and I will fall, and my LORD will forgive me and I will get back on my feet and keep following the path of righteousness.

Proverbs 24:16
For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
Ecclesiastes 7:20
For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Quote:

Which are you a righteous man or a sinner?

Oh, I get it you are a righteous sinner. That makes me sick!

Yes we stumble, does folly besiege us, have we sinned, yes, but are we sinners or righteous?
There is a certain hissss behind that statement and the subtle sting of venom. I do not apologies for making you sick, to claim I am saved by the Blood of Christ and I still sin.

Quote:

Let me ask you something peopleoftheway have you every told a lie? Does that make you a lair? Have you every got drunk? Does that make you a drunk?
Has a righteous man ever sinned? Well how is it then a righteous man is now a sinner?

Before you start calling people lairs, you better look under your own bed.
Yes I have lied, and yes it made me a liar, and I asked my Saviour to forgive me. Yes I have got drunk, I was a drunk and yes that made me a drunk. David was a righteous man and he sinned, Moses was a righteous man and he sinned, Noah walked with God and he sinned.

Your posts are fueled with venom Scott, I don't know if you just have something against me but It sure seems that way.
As the Bible commands I will ask for another witness to back up your accusation that makes you sick.

Josh 10-03-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjd.usa (Post 8822)
...John 13
"10Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

11For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean."

Whenever Jesus refers to clean, he refers that the disciples lived without sin at that time


This has nothing to do with them living sinless lives, it's about them being justified by their faith in Christ.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Website © AV1611.Com.
Posts represent only the opinions of users of this forum and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the webmaster.

Software for Believing Bible Study