AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The news (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1119)

stephanos 03-27-2009 02:22 PM

The news
 
Just wanted to update you all that I've found a job, thanks be to Jesus Christ and our merciful Father. I'll start on April 6th and will be working 42 hours a week at fair pay and full benifits. Father has been very merciful to me indeed!

Thank you to all who offered up a prayer for me.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

BornAgainBibleBeliever514 03-27-2009 03:08 PM

Praise the Lord!!!

Not as glad as you are,surely, but I'm glad to hear it!
I know it can be a real bummer looking for work.

Diligent 03-27-2009 03:55 PM

Great news!

Winman 03-27-2009 05:02 PM

Glad to hear Stephen :)

And yes, thanks go to the Lord. Four years ago my shop closed down where I had worked 15 years. I can honestly say I did not worry much, I knew the Lord would take care of me. In six weeks I got a job making maybe 20% less than I was making, but since then I have had several promotions and am making about 50% more now than I did at my last job. So I too thank Jesus who loves us and takes care of us!

Kiwi Christian 03-27-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winman (Post 17491)
...since then I have had several promotions and am making about 50% more now than I did at my last job.

Good for you Bro. Winman, I can only dream of what it must be like to work for a fair employer. :(

Congratulations on the new job Bro. Stephanos, God is GOOD!

We have a fair bit of unemployment down here in NZ (same unemployment rate as the US, at 4.6%), but I figure that if a man is able to work but hasn't got a job, it's usually because he doesn't want to work and is not willing to submit himself under the authority of an employer, he would rather hold his hand out for a government benefit. Such people down here are known as dole bludgers.

peopleoftheway 03-27-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian (Post 17495)
Good for you Bro. Winman, I can only dream of what it must be like to work for a fair employer. :(

Congratulations on the new job Bro. Stephanos, God is GOOD!

We have a fair bit of unemployment down here in NZ (same unemployment rate as the US, at 4.6%), but I figure that if a man is able to work but hasn't got a job, it's usually because he doesn't want to work and is not willing to submit himself under the authority of an employer, he would rather hold his hand out for a government benefit. Such people down here are known as dole bludgers.

I am able to work, I haven't got a job, not because I don't want to work but because there is simply no work where I live at the moment. I hold my hand out for a government benefit here. I pray that I find work every night brother.
Dont be so quick to judge a man that has no Job, we aren't all dole bludgers;)


Well done Stephen on the Job

Kiwi Christian 03-27-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleoftheway (Post 17496)
I am able to work, I haven't got a job, not because I don't want to work but because there is simply no work where I live at the moment. I hold my hand out for a government benefit here. I pray that I find work every night brother.
Dont be so quick to judge a man that has no Job, we aren't all dole bludgers;)

Brother, I understand that there are places in the world where employment is scarce, that's why I carefully inserted the word "usually" in my previous post, because my figuring doesn't apply to everyone.

There are many dole bludgers down here, and if they ever 'work' at anything it's to stay on the dole!

I hope that you find a job soon.

Hayseed 03-28-2009 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian (Post 17500)

There are many dole bludgers down here, and if they ever 'work' at anything it's to stay on the dole!

I hope that you find a job soon.

I can second what Kiwi Christian is saying,infact they work very hard at staying out of work here at times.Some folk shift to areas that have no work available or stay put where the jobs are not.
Others geniunely cannot afford to shift and must stick it out with no job prospects,that's hard when you want to work.

It is good news to hear when men are wanting to work that The Lord Jesus Christ makes a door open for them,others are still praying and waiting on the Lord Jesus and it is very hard for them, while they wait and seek work.Hard on them and the people who love them to see the struggles and hopes dashed repeatedly.

That is why it is so good to see how the Lord Jesus Christ has come through for others and it means your turn could be next. :)

Hayseed

peopleoftheway 03-28-2009 06:43 AM

Thank you both, maybe I should come to NZ and work:)
I know the Lord will supply all my needs, so I am very patient regarding the Job front and something will come along soon im sure:amen:

tonybones2112 03-28-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanos (Post 17484)
Just wanted to update you all that I've found a job, thanks be to Jesus Christ and our merciful Father. I'll start on April 6th and will be working 42 hours a week at fair pay and full benifits. Father has been very merciful to me indeed!

Thank you to all who offered up a prayer for me.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

That's great news my friend, congratulations.

Grace and peace

Tony


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Website AV1611.Com.
Posts represent only the opinions of users of this forum and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the webmaster.

Software for Believing Bible Study