AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Current Events (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is former President Jimmy Carter a Traitor? (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197)

geologist 04-19-2008 12:35 AM

Is former President Jimmy Carter a Traitor?

Recently Jimmy Carter met with leaders of Hamas and other terrorists groups. He did so against the advice of the White House, the State Department and many members of Congress. To do so clearly went against U.S. policy and, in the eyes of much of the world, gave these terrorist groups a level of recognition that are not worthy of. Why did he do it and is he justified in doing so, in YOUR opinion?

Debau 04-19-2008 01:16 PM

"Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD." II Chron 19:2

timothy 04-20-2008 02:54 PM

I don't see any justification in him doing this, though he kept talking something about peace something or other but he just siding against Israel in doing so. No justification at all siding against Israel...

geologist 04-26-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timothy (Post 3500)
I don't see any justification in him doing this, though he kept talking something about peace something or other but he just siding against Israel in doing so. No justification at all siding against Israel...

Unfortunately, our former President is a champion of the peace strategy of "appeasement" which folks like former British Prime Minister, Neville Chamberlain learned (the hard way) that such strategy NEVER ever leads to real peace. Chamberlain was fool, and so is Carter.

Paladin54 04-27-2008 10:47 PM

Historians absolutely HATE Chamberlin's memory because of appeasement and his "One more year of peace" romanticism.

But look at Truman, it was mentioned that the jews wanted Israel to be recognizerd by the UN, and without the US's recognition, the UN wouldn't authorize the new country, but Truman, without any cousel from his cabinet, and believing this to be in fulfillment of Biblical prophecy, recognized Israel as a nation.

geologist 04-29-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paladin54 (Post 3652)
Historians absolutely HATE Chamberlin's memory because of appeasement and his "One more year of peace" romanticism.

But look at Truman, it was mentioned that the jews wanted Israel to be recognizerd by the UN, and without the US's recognition, the UN wouldn't authorize the new country, but Truman, without any cousel from his cabinet, and believing this to be in fulfillment of Biblical prophecy, recognized Israel as a nation.

And your point is...?

Paladin54 04-30-2008 10:45 PM

Sorry, currently reporting on Zionism and hearing the word "appeasement" just gets at me, so i tend to rant about Chamberlain. Not sure really what I was getting at there.

Jeremy 05-11-2008 02:34 PM

Carter has done this before during his presidency,remember when he had met with the PLO trying to free our hostages?
He wanders around the Middle East trying to get Hamas to sign papers for peace,when he gets back to the U.S. they are over there laughing.
Read his book,it is full of this garbage, he thinks palestinians live like dogs because of Israel.