AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Genesis Gap Theory - The Movie (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=803)

Tandi 12-17-2008 06:38 PM

I look forward to the completion of this project and have been reading the articles at your site with interest!

geologist 12-21-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tandi (Post 13340)
I look forward to the completion of this project and have been reading the articles at your site with interest!

It looks like it is going to be a long-haul project. Locating and getting the rights to the necessary artwork is turning out to be somewhat problematic. Either prospective contributors with the right materials don't want to help the project, because they don't believe in a literal Bible, or they want money for their work. Can't blame them for the latter. Times are tough.

Everyone, please get the word out to any artists you might know and please point them to this project:
http://www.kjvbible.org/movie/movie_...__geology.html
Thanks, and Merry Christmas, all.

Biblestudent 12-22-2008 12:16 AM

I keep praying for the project. I'll see what I can do. Busy here, and I need to learn about "animations" yet.:ranger:

geologist 12-22-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biblestudent (Post 13522)
I keep praying for the project. I'll see what I can do. Busy here, and I need to learn about "animations" yet.:ranger:

Keep the prayers coming!!! This morning I got an email from a lady who is an artist. She wants to help, but all her art supplies were just stolen (coincidence?). She says, once she get them replaced she will be available to help.

Tandi 12-23-2008 05:40 PM

Podcast?

Hi Geologist,

Could you possibly consider podcasts of your online articles? This might be an additional effective way to get your message out. I enjoy listening to the free sermon/teaching podcasts at itunes and tend to retain more of the information by playing them over and over again. :)

Tandi

geologist 12-24-2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tandi (Post 13604)
Hi Geologist,

Could you possibly consider podcasts of your online articles? This might be an additional effective way to get your message out. I enjoy listening to the free sermon/teaching podcasts at itunes and tend to retain more of the information by playing them over and over again. :)
Tandi

I don't know too much about podcasting. How would I go about doing that (where and how).

MC1171611 12-24-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geologist (Post 13641)
I don't know too much about podcasting. How would I go about doing that (where and how).

1) Get a Mac

2) Use GarageBand (free with every Mac) to record or edit the material.

3) Publish via iTunes right from GarageBand

Obviously the "Get a Mac" part is my own personal advice to anyone who breathes or eats food, but that is, to my knowledge, the best way to publish podcasts.

geologist 12-24-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC1171611 (Post 13645)
1) Get a Mac

2) Use GarageBand (free with every Mac) to record or edit the material.

3) Publish via iTunes right from GarageBand

Obviously the "Get a Mac" part is my own personal advice to anyone who breathes or eats food, but that is, to my knowledge, the best way to publish podcasts.

"1 Get a Mac" Are you kidding? Out of the question. I just upgraded to a new PC system with 1.75 TB of video disk storage space, 8 gig ram and duel monitors. Why would I want an old Mac dinosaur? - smile.

"2) Use GarageBand (free with every Mac) to record or edit the material." Unnecessary, I have a Sony Vegas Pro 8 system and do my recording and editing on it. And, I can render ipod formatted .mov files (and many other formats) without a problem.

My question should have been, where is the BEST place to publish ipod content to reach Bible Believers? There is little use just throwing a podcast out into cyberspace to compete with the millions of others of junk and trash going out everyday. Without a clear target, why waste the effort?

MC1171611 12-24-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geologist (Post 13655)
My question should have been, where is the BEST place to publish ipod content to reach Bible Believers? There is little use just throwing a podcast out into cyberspace to compete with the millions of others of junk and trash going out everyday. Without a clear target, why waste the effort?

Put it on iTunes by following the instructions HERE. Then put links to the podcast channel on your site, or email it to people in a mailing list, that sort of thing.

And next time you have to upgrade a computer, consider a Mac; Apple computers are second-to-none in the design/animation/production world, hands down. Not to mention that you'll never waste a dime on anti-virus software.

Diligent 12-24-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC1171611 (Post 13668)
And next time you have to upgrade a computer, consider a Mac; Apple computers are second-to-none in the design/animation/production world, hands down. Not to mention that you'll never waste a dime on anti-virus software.

I realize this is really off-topic, but the above should be taken as only opinion. The Mac has its share of security problems and the notion that Mac computers are inherently more secure than a modern Windows PC is a total myth.

I have owned a Mac and even done development on a Mac. I would highly suggest against spending money on a Mac. A modern Windows PC has far more bang-for-the-buck and you don't have to run compatibility layers like Crossover just to run the software you want to use.

But lets try not to hijack the thread further. ;)