AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Got a hobby or sport that you love? (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1394)

Bro. Parrish 06-26-2009 07:09 PM

Got a hobby or sport that you love?
 
Got a hobby or sport that you love?
post it up, maybe we have something in common...
:)

I'll get things started,
one of the things I like to do with my kids is riding our Sea-Doos out on the lakes. We love getting out on the water, always gives me a chance to reflect on God and His many blessings. It's good clean fun too; these crazy things are a blast; 215 horsepower supercharged engines, 0-60 in about 5 or 6 seconds, they top out at nearly 70 mph... here are a couple of shots of my son having some fun in the sun...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../RXTjump72.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...RXTSunset2.jpg

tonybones2112 06-27-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 22858)
Got a hobby or sport that you love?
post it up, maybe we have something in common...
:)

I'll get things started,
one of the things I like to do with my kids is riding our Sea-Doos out on the lakes. We love getting out on the water, always gives me a chance to reflect on God and His many blessings. It's good clean fun too; these crazy things are a blast; 215 horsepower supercharged engines, 0-60 in about 5 or 6 seconds, they top out at nearly 70 mph... here are a couple of shots of my son having some fun in the sun...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../RXTjump72.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...RXTSunset2.jpg

Brother Parrish, in the 1970s-early 1980s I was quite an avid semi professional drag racer, I ran Dodges and Plymouths in Outlaw class. I've built plastic models since I was four years old, my interest in the last 20 years has settled into armored vehicles/artillery pieces. The hobby shop I do most business with has for years sold me items that were returned for missing parts. I buy the kit at a fraction of retail and make the part that's missing. I competed locally at several hobby shops. I repaired my mothers dolls in her collection and later found this useful in repairing human heads when I worked as a mortician.

My main hobby of the last 5 or 6 years in duplicating Plains Indians artifacts. I made my own bow and make my own arrows. I make knives, warclubs, spears, that type thing, mostly I reproduce items they used in day to day life. I made my own set of bone needles and sew with animal sinew. Raw materials can be found at Moscow Hide and Furs and Eidenes Furs, both in Idaho. What people spend for one bottle of whiskey I can keep myself in bones and feathers and beads for six months. One you get into the groove of the American Indian's technology and craftsmanship, it can be a fascinating and satisfying hobby.

We have concealed carry for handguns in Ohio, I asked a local deputy if you got the permit, did you have to carry a gun? He said he didn't know, what did I want to carry? I told him, a tomahawk, and the look he gave me was what we used to call in high school, "precious".

I agree with you, if you have a hobby you enjoy, it's something that can become second nature to you and give you a great deal of time to focus and think.

Grace and peace brother

Tony

geologist 06-27-2009 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 22858)
Got a hobby or sport that you love?
post it up, maybe we have something in common...
:)

My hobby is video editing and digital filmmaking: http://www.johnsonimagineering.com/ :director:

Bro. Parrish 06-27-2009 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 22865)
We have concealed carry for handguns in Ohio, I asked a local deputy if you got the permit, did you have to carry a gun? He said he didn't know, what did I want to carry? I told him, a tomahawk, and the look he gave me was what we used to call in high school, "precious".
Grace and peace brother

Tony

HA HAHAAA!!!! okay Tony that is some funny stuff brother, I know we have our doctrinal squabbles, but I have to say you strike me as a very creative person with a lot of talent. My brother got into making the indian artifacts for a while, he is an avid hunter and gets a lot of his bone, horn and feathers from his game kills. That does seem like a cool hobby and I wish I could have seen the deputy's face. :pound:

Bro. Parrish 06-27-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geologist (Post 22867)
My hobby is video editing and digital filmmaking: http://www.johnsonimagineering.com/ :director:

Very cool bro, that is one big satellite dish! :)

tonybones2112 06-27-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 22873)
HA HAHAAA!!!! okay Tony that is some funny stuff brother, I know we have our doctrinal squabbles, but I have to say you strike me as a very creative person with a lot of talent. My brother got into making the indian artifacts for a while, he is an avid hunter and gets a lot of his bone, horn and feathers from his game kills. That does seem like a cool hobby and I wish I could have seen the deputy's face. :pound:

Brother, I'm sorry if I offended you, or were harsh with you. If there is anything in the forum I have said that has hurt you in any way, tell me what it is and I'll do what needs to be done or whatever you want done, to make it right. There is no excuse for offensiveness or harshness, I have a home situation that's very hard, I have no right to let that cause me to be harsh or stern with you or anyone. There are many times here, as you know yourself, we have to stern and matter of fact, as with people like Tandi, let's agree to disagree, let's examine each other's positions, but not be like Paul and Barnabas over Mark, and then move on. You say what you feel led to say to me and don't feel inhibited. I reacted several times to you wrongly, I've reacted maybe several times to others wrongly. Again, I'm sorry. You or any person on this forum were on the street with me, and someone threw something as they often do on the street, I'd put myself between what was thrown and you. I took my eyes a few times off why I felt I was in this forum and looked at me a little too much. Let's just try and make this the best Bible forum on the web.

Brother, I like to create things. God is many things to many people, to me one of the many things is He is a Craftsman. Mom and Dad both were talented at making things, I just learned. I love to reproduce Indian artifacts that were used prior to the mid 1870s when they were confined on reservations. I got tired of merely making things, I like to reproduce things. Many like to make a skinning knife, I like to make a Cheyenne, Arapaho, or Sioux skinning knife from the shoulderblade of a buffalo. I've got one shoulderblade here I been making things from for 4 years, they are about $10-$15 cleaned, around 5 if you get them from a bison farm where they are harvested for meat. It's a cheap hobby too, one that don't take much investment.

I'll read the FAQ section here and then post some pictures of my work.

Grace and peace brother

Tony

Bro. Parrish 06-27-2009 10:40 PM

Tony, no worries... we are all human and I just feel we KJV people need to stick together, I have never felt anger at you (yes, I have felt like skinning Bro. Chette once or twice, but I repented). Do post the photos I think everyone would enjoy seeing your craftsmanship.

chette777 06-28-2009 07:50 AM

BroParish,

We would know what your hobbies are if you would of added it to your profile when you joined the forum.

well you never did repent of what you did to me nor did you ever say you were sorry for giving me a curse disguised as a blessing in the Kent Hovind update thread James 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. but you repented of wanting to skin me. I find that hard to believe.

Bro. Parrish 06-28-2009 09:44 AM

Tony, you were talking about the shoulderblade of the Buffalo,
now I have to tell you a story about a Buffalo...

Years ago I went out to the Northwest to visit my brother, and he took us to this little animal park. The park had a little tram that went around the place, kinda like the one at Disney World, and they would carry passengers on this little wildlife safari, but it was mostly North American animals; bald eagles, deer and so forth.

Well we got out in this open area and we see this big old Buffalo up on a grassy hill. Now I was raised on a farm so I am used to cows and bulls, but this guy was big. All of a sudden here comes this buffalo after us. I'll tell you at first I thought he was looking for a feed, but we soon realized maybe this guy was MAD, because he is CHARGING AT US and I thought he was going to ram us. I was expecting something like a scene out of Mel Gibson's Road Warrior. People started moving to the other side of the tram, this thing gets right up to the side of the tram and puts the brakes on, it was HUGE and just staring at us. Now that I look back, I think maybe the goofy Buffalo was just playing a game, but the women on the tram started screaming and my brother and I were laughing like crazy... finally he settled down, which made everyone happy and off we went. The whole thing only lasted for a few seconds, and I'm sure over the years my memory has made it more than it was, but I to this day have a lot more respect for the American Buffalo.

biblereader 06-28-2009 01:08 PM

I like to knit, and sometimes I teach knitting classes, too.
I visit Ravelry a lot.
I also love to take photos of God's nature.

A couple of my photos:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/...eef4b0e5_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/...84e32361_o.jpg

Bro. Parrish 06-28-2009 03:02 PM

Those are really great shots, what kind of bird is that green one
and what type of lens do you use...

biblereader 06-29-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 22960)
Those are really great shots, what kind of bird is that green one
and what type of lens do you use...

The green bird is a Schalow’s or Fischer’s turaco. These two are native to Central/East Africa, places like Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Botswana.

My camera is a Canon Digital Rebel, and the lens I used for this one, I think, was the zoom lens, which is the Canon 75-300 mm telephoto lens, and mine has an image stabilizer, which gives me very sharp photos.

I also like to photograph insects, and plants, so, I use a Tamron macro.
Look at the Nancy Brown photos, row 6, those are mine:
http://www.floridastateparks.org/Pho...chiveYear=2009

Are you a photographer, too?

Bro. Parrish 06-29-2009 04:04 PM

Yes I love photography... here are a few of my underwater shots
these were taken in Micronesia, about 600 miles from the Phillipines, and this brings up another favorite hobby; SCUBA DIVING :) ...the young diver with the turtle is my son...


http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...flyfish125.jpg
© Copyright 2009 Parrish

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ontipora72.jpg
© Copyright 2009 Parrish

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../TurtleBen.jpg
© Copyright 2009 Parrish

geologist 06-30-2009 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 23002)
Yes I love photography... here are a few of my underwater shots
these were taken in Micronesia, about 600 miles from the Phillipines, and this brings up another favorite hobby; SCUBA DIVING :) ...the young diver with the turtle is my son...

Great shots! I have not done any SCUBA diving since 1987 on the barrier reef off the coast of Belize. If you ever get a chance to dive there, you will love it.

biblereader 06-30-2009 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 23002)
Yes I love photography... here are a few of my underwater shots
these were taken in Micronesia, about 600 miles from the Phillipines, and this brings up another favorite hobby; SCUBA DIVING :) ...the young diver with the turtle is my son...


I love that sea turtle, and the expression on the face of your son! What kind of red fungus was that? Or am I totally off base? It looks like the fungi that grows in the woods, another place I like to go.
Were you in Micronesia for business, or pleasure?

biblereader 06-30-2009 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geologist (Post 23026)
Great shots! I have not done any SCUBA diving since 1987 on the barrier reef off the coast of Belize. If you ever get a chance to dive there, you will love it.


My husband has been to Belize on business. He knows how to scuba dive, but, he didn't go while he was there. I would love to know what kinds of seashells you saw in Belize (and Micronesia), if any.
I collect sea shells, too.

biblereader 06-30-2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 22865)

My main hobby of the last 5 or 6 years in duplicating Plains Indians artifacts. I made my own bow and make my own arrows. I make knives, warclubs, spears, that type thing,


Can you post some pictures of your artifacts?

I'd like to see them, and know more about that.

biblereader 06-30-2009 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 22865)
. I repaired my mothers dolls in her collection and later found this useful in repairing human heads when I worked as a mortician.

Oh wow, that sounds like painstaking, but interesting work.
Did you use clay, too, like they do, in "Bones", and other forensic tv shows?

biblereader 06-30-2009 06:06 AM

Here's a couple more photos I took, of God's exquisitely detailed creations:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2511/...348e340f_o.jpg

This was a page, from a book of my pix, I put together.

This is a plumeria flower, from my front yard, one summer:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2595/...463a1795_o.jpg

I like the way the sun was shining on the monkey, up top, here:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3598/...275f6329_o.jpg

Tony, you said we all see God in a different way, I see him as a Master of fine details. A great and amazing creative artist.

biblereader 06-30-2009 07:28 AM

One other hobby I do, is plant milkweed plants, to attract Monarch
butterflies. This year's plants were very successful. I watched, one afternoon, a Monarch lay eggs on the undersides of the leaves, and that was in April, I think. Now, here in late June, I see the monarch caterpillars have eaten all the leaves and flowers, which is what they're SUPPOSED to do, and I'm now looking forward to seeing new Monarch butterflies emerge from their cocoons.

Plus, I keep busy year round, going to knitting meet ups here.

Bro. Parrish 06-30-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geologist (Post 23026)
Great shots! I have not done any SCUBA diving since 1987 on the barrier reef off the coast of Belize. If you ever get a chance to dive there, you will love it.

Thank you geologist, SCUBA is a great passion of mine, I have been certified since 1977. All three of my kids are certified too, so it's a family thing... those photos were taken in a beautiful little island chain called the Republic of Palau, they have a lot of mantas, sharks, turtles and stunning vertical walls that drop off thousands of feet. This area also has a lot of history from WWII, the Battle of Peleliu was one of the bloodiest in the Pacific, and you can still find a lot of war relics there today. We actually got to dive on a sunken 500 foot Japanese naval ship (Iro) that was torpedoed by the U.S. Marines. You can see my son looking thru one of one of the windows on that ship below. Today it is a peaceful paradise and you can see how beautiful this area is today from the air in the second shot below. (the aerial image is a stock photo)...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ports/Iro2.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...lauAerial2.jpg

Bro. Parrish 06-30-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblereader (Post 23027)
I love that sea turtle, and the expression on the face of your son! What kind of red fungus was that? Or am I totally off base? It looks like the fungi that grows in the woods, another place I like to go.
Were you in Micronesia for business, or pleasure?

Yes you're right it does look like a fungus, can you believe that is actually a type of living coral called Montipora. The piece that you are looking at there is about 4 or 5 feet across, this was also in Palau, shot in one of the shallow lagoons there. You can see a couple more types of coral below, and a rose colored sea anemone with a clownfish. God's creation is so beautiful beneath the sea, I have many hundreds of photos from this trip, I can't wait to go diving again...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/Coral472.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...orts/Coral.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...nemoneRose.jpg

biblereader 07-01-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 23071)
Thank you geologist, SCUBA is a great passion of mine, I have been certified since 1977. All three of my kids are certified too, so it's a family thing... those photos were taken in a beautiful little island chain called the Republic of Palau, they have a lot of mantas, sharks, turtles and stunning vertical walls that drop off thousands of feet. This area also has a lot of history from WWII, the Battle of Peleliu was one of the bloodiest in the Pacific, and you can still find a lot of war relics there today. We actually got to dive on a sunken 500 foot Japanese naval ship (Iro) that was torpedoed by the U.S. Marines. You can see my son looking thru one of one of the windows on that ship below. Today it is a peaceful paradise and you can see how beautiful this area is today from the air in the second shot below. (the aerial image is a stock photo)...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ports/Iro2.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...lauAerial2.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for sharing!

biblereader 07-05-2009 05:55 PM

MMMmmm, mmmm! Those are lovely, too. Clownfish are so pretty.
FIVE feet across! Wow!
Do you dive all over the world? Ever been to Australia? I'd love to see some of their fish and such. I hear Australia has the most poisonous sea creatures in the world!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 23072)
Yes you're right it does look like a fungus, can you believe that is actually a type of living coral called Montipora. The piece that you are looking at there is about 4 or 5 feet across, this was also in Palau, shot in one of the shallow lagoons there. You can see a couple more types of coral below, and a rose colored sea anemone with a clownfish. God's creation is so beautiful beneath the sea, I have many hundreds of photos from this trip, I can't wait to go diving again...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/Coral472.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...orts/Coral.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...nemoneRose.jpg


Bro. Parrish 07-05-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblereader (Post 23304)
MMMmmm, mmmm! Those are lovely, too. Clownfish are so pretty.
FIVE feet across! Wow!
Do you dive all over the world? Ever been to Australia? I'd love to see some of their fish and such. I hear Australia has the most poisonous sea creatures in the world!

Well I was going to go to Australia, but after talking to Carl Roessler (an old dive travel expert) we decided not to, let me tell you why; for one thing he told me that in order to see the best reefs in Australia you had to go WAY off shore, like 20 miles or more. This concerned me because I have always had a problem with sea sickness. In contrast, the reefs in Palau come right up next to the islands, some of those photos I posted were taken in less than 5 feet of water, in fact the best dive spots are only a few hundred yards off shore. Australia also has the killer jellyfish called Irukandji and also the Box jellies there too, which can kill you in a matter of minutes, but I would still love to go there. I think maybe next time we would like to try Fiji, I hear that is awesome. But I have talked to divers who have gone all over the Pacific and they tell me that Palau is the very best spot, I have been there twice and we loved it. For me the WWII historical background was also a big plus. :)

tonybones2112 07-05-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblereader (Post 23029)
Can you post some pictures of your artifacts?

I'd like to see them, and know more about that.

I'd be glad to BR, soon as I figger out how to post attachments. I got 2 or 3 pictures on this computer, my camera is in the pawnshop right now, when I get it out I'll post some of my sheaths, hidescrapers, bones needles, that kind of thing. I salute bro. Parrish for starting this thread, it can be an ongoing one that won't fade out like many of the other threads. I don;t use power tools because I don;t own any, I make everything by hand. I use only natural material, no epoxy, I use hide glues and what I call "injun Epoxy": Dried deer dung, pine sap, and hide glue mixed. I use mostly deer, buffalo, elk, and other hides and rarely use cowhide. I sew with sinew: buffalo, elk, moose, and deer tendon. I have a 70 inch hickory longbow that's a bit too hard for me to pull with little grip in my hands, a company on the net I do business with now has some 2 year old Osage staves, I want to make a short horseback flatbow.

Grace and peace

Tony

tonybones2112 07-05-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblereader (Post 23030)
Oh wow, that sounds like painstaking, but interesting work.
Did you use clay, too, like they do, in "Bones", and other forensic tv shows?

I used automobile glazing putty and epoxy on Mom's dolls. On a human head they have wax that is used to rebuild facial features with. Clay is not durable enough for viewing a dead body in a funeral home. The clay is to reconstruct features on a skull for identification and was started in Russia. For viewing in a funeral home you only need something that is going to last for the time of viewing and then after burial it don't matter. BR, I've built heads and faces for bodies where no head was left to restore. It's tedious and time consuming(and expensive for families) but it's rewarding to give a family a normal "memory picture" as the industry calls it, of a loved one who was mutilated or otherwise disfigured in and by death.

I've been following the Micheal Jackson thing and the family's call for a second autopsy. It's the nature of biochemistry that if a body is not embalmed within 24 hours after death, you got big problems preserving it. It was a big problem with Anna Nicole Smith in 2007. The reason Pope John Paull II looked so hideous is because the cardinals would not allow any embalming.

Grace and peace

Tony

Jassy 07-10-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 23320)
I'd be glad to BR, soon as I figger out how to post attachments.
Tony

Brother Tony, If you ever figure out out to post attachments, please let me know! I've been trying to figure out the same thing! It's a NO GO. :confused:

Thanks!
Jassy

Jassy 07-10-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblereader (Post 22956)
I like to knit, and sometimes I teach knitting classes, too.
I visit Ravelry a lot.
I also love to take photos of God's nature.

A couple of my photos:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/...eef4b0e5_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/...84e32361_o.jpg

You're a VERY skilled photographer, as I've told you in the past. I have always loved to see your photos!

Jassy 07-10-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 23071)
Thank you geologist, SCUBA is a great passion of mine, I have been certified since 1977. All three of my kids are certified too, so it's a family thing... those photos were taken in a beautiful little island chain called the Republic of Palau, they have a lot of mantas, sharks, turtles and stunning vertical walls that drop off thousands of feet. This area also has a lot of history from WWII, the Battle of Peleliu was one of the bloodiest in the Pacific, and you can still find a lot of war relics there today. We actually got to dive on a sunken 500 foot Japanese naval ship (Iro) that was torpedoed by the U.S. Marines. You can see my son looking thru one of one of the windows on that ship below. Today it is a peaceful paradise and you can see how beautiful this area is today from the air in the second shot below. (the aerial image is a stock photo)...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ports/Iro2.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...lauAerial2.jpg

Bro Parish - Very cool photos!!

One of my main hobbies is painting. If I could figure out how to do attachments, I'd attach one here. :confused:

Jassy

Jassy 07-10-2009 12:48 AM

I'll try to add one of my paintings. I'm not sure how this will work... but I'm going to attempt it.

This is a waterfall that I painted.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/o...erfall-NLA.jpg

I think it worked! You'll have to excuse me... I'm a bit of a NEWBIE at this!!

Let's try another one...

This is one of my most recent paintings.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/o...edpainting.jpg

Jassy [yes, my REAL name is Karen - Jassy is the nickname for my cat!]

Bro. Parrish 07-10-2009 10:35 PM

Jassy, those are fantastic, you have a lot of talent.
That waterfall strikes me as impressionism and that happens to be a style of art that I love. In my opinion, many artists over-work their paintings. Why worry with all the details, when you can capture the feeling of your subject with a few strokes? Very nice work! :thumb:

Bro. Parrish 07-10-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 23320)
I'd be glad to BR, soon as I figger out how to post attachments. I got 2 or 3 pictures on this computer, my camera is in the pawnshop right now, when I get it out I'll post some of my sheaths, hidescrapers, bones needles, that kind of thing. I salute bro. Parrish for starting this thread, it can be an ongoing one that won't fade out like many of the other threads. Tony

Tony, to post an attachment here's what I do; just upload a low resolution version of the image (like 5 or 6 inches wide at 72 DPI) onto a site called Photobucket (or any similar free photo hosting site). Once it's there they give you a tag which you can simply copy and paste on the forum, and voila—you're done. I am on a Mac as you know, but they usually give you several types of code options so maybe you can experiment and see which works for your system. Many cameras shoot large images nowadays, like 10 inches at 300 DPI, so don't forget to down-size the image before uploading that way it will be a much faster process.

biblereader 07-11-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 23323)
I've been following the Micheal Jackson thing and the family's call for a second autopsy. It's the nature of biochemistry that if a body is not embalmed within 24 hours after death, you got big problems preserving it.
Tony

Did they get answers from the second autopsy? I've stopped following his story.

So, you must have studied anatomy and physiology, and taken art courses.
Right?

biblereader 07-11-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 23668)
Tony, to post an attachment here's what I do; just upload a low resolution version of the image (like 5 or 6 inches wide at 72 DPI) onto a site called Photobucket (or any similar free photo hosting site).

I use Flickr, and Photobucket, and I've always downloaded my images into them at high res. No problem.

Jassy 07-11-2009 11:25 AM

my painting "style"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 23667)
Jassy, those are fantastic, you have a lot of talent.
That waterfall strikes me as impressionism and that happens to be a style of art that I love. In my opinion, many artists over-work their paintings. Why worry with all the details, when you can capture the feeling of your subject with a few strokes? Very nice work! :thumb:

Bro P, Thanks for the compliments. I gave all honor and glory to the Lord: HE gives the skills and blesses a person with interest in something. I don't really have one specific type of painting. I work from several different styles - whatever mood strikes me that day or with that subject. I never really thought about what style of painting I do. I guess impressionism is one of them. I studied art, way back before I became a Christian - but it wasn't until AFTER I became a Christian my interest truly showed up. I know that, for subject matter, I enjoy REAL scenery, rather than abstract. I can never get a painting to do any natural scenery justice though. The REAL creation is FAR, FAR better than I could ever represent it on canvas with some paint and brushes.

Jassy

Jassy 07-11-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblereader (Post 23697)
I use Flickr, and Photobucket, and I've always downloaded my images into them at high res. No problem.

I used Photobucket to download mine. I used to be on a Ragdoll Cat forum and I had learned how to upload pictures there. I hadn't done that for so long, I completely forgot about that and my account there! I guess the uploading process is pretty much the same for this forum.

greenbear 07-11-2009 03:06 PM

I've been able to see a number of Jassy's paintings online. She is an amazing artist. She has many different styles of painting including impressionism which is also my favorite.

Jassy 07-12-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenbear (Post 23719)
I've been able to see a number of Jassy's paintings online. She is an amazing artist. She has many different styles of painting including impressionism which is also my favorite.

Thank you for your kind observations, sis!

Bro. Parrish 07-12-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy (Post 23704)
Bro P, Thanks for the compliments. I gave all honor and glory to the Lord: HE gives the skills and blesses a person with interest in something.

I couldn't agree more Jassy, you are so right about that. Singing, poetry, painting, whatever; I have always considered talent as a gift, I know it can be improved with training and practice, but it seems to me that raw talent comes from above.

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no ficklenss, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Website © AV1611.Com.
Posts represent only the opinions of users of this forum and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the webmaster.

Software for Believing Bible Study