AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Hey! I'm new! (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1292)

custer 05-27-2009 07:19 PM

Hey! I'm new!

Well, I am new here, and I thought I'd introduce myself. I joined a few days ago and have been enjoying looking around the site; I love how (for the most part) reading the posts keeps one thinking about spiritual things.

I got saved in 1980, when I was ten years old; doctrinally, I am an Independent Baptist...practically, I am terribly disappointed with the lack of separation standards of most Baptists I know of. I was raised in a DEAD church and didn't really come alive and start growing until my husband and I moved to Pensacola in 1990 and started going to Dr. Ruckman's church. For the first time, we saw people that were GLAD they were saved and wanted to do something for the Lord; we also learned (surprise) that we should be reading and studying our Bibles! As an aside, we get a kick out of telling how going to Dr. Ruckman's SAVED our marriage, given his history and the controversy...The bottom line was that getting right with the Lord straightened out a lot of things in our lives (duh!)

I guess I'll skip to the present so that I don't write TOO much! Brian and I have been married twenty years now and have one daughter and three sons. We farm on 60 acres in Kentucky...We are presently in a church WITHOUT "Baptist" in the name (a first for us.) It is a group of mostly older people who, when they happen to express doctrine, appear to be Baptist without calling themselves so...except for one man who (bless his heart!) changes his belief about eternal security based on the passage he's reading! He is almost 80 and says he pastored for 40-plus years, but he just can't seem to grasp any dispensational teaching. My husband is teaching adult Sunday School, my 16-year-old son is teaching the kids, my daughter (20) is doing some music with the kids, and I play the piano.

I suppose that's enough for now...more later!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com

greenbear 05-28-2009 09:31 AM

double post deleted

greenbear 05-28-2009 09:34 AM

Ohhh, sister Custer I peeked at your website and discovered that you are living the life I would like to have but there's no covetousness here, no siree.

Welcome to this board!!! I hope you are blessed here.

Jennifer

kns215 05-28-2009 10:56 AM

Hello sister,
Welcome to the forum.
I'm quite new here myself and so far I've been (and will be for however amount of time;)) busy reading older posts and other links recommended by brothers and sisters here.
By the way, I just wanted to say that it's such a GREAT farm you own over there!
I've never been to a real farm (grew up in polluted, overpopulated city in Korea, and now living in Toronto, Canada.. and haven't gotten much chance to travel around) so it's VERY FASCINATING to see all those animals and other hand-made things! (Especially the piglets are soooo cute!!!!)

Anyways, welcome again and may God bless you and your family :)

sis Nasil

Rolando 05-28-2009 11:17 AM

Welcome to the forum sister! Thank you for your testimony. It's sad that so many Churches out there are dead. It saddens me to say that my Church is sort of dying (it's on life line). I guess I'll do what you did and pay Dr. Ruckman’s Church a visit someday. Anyway, you got a beautiful family and a life many of us would like to have. I also saw the photos with the farm and they look pretty nice (with the animals). I hope you'll enjoy this wonderful forum like I have. Again, welcome.

God Bless :amen:

:):):)

Brother Tim 05-28-2009 11:47 AM

Welcome, Sister. :yo: The family here is growing very rapidly, so dive in!

tonybones2112 05-28-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custer (Post 20808)
Well, I am new here, and I thought I'd introduce myself. I joined a few days ago and have been enjoying looking around the site; I love how (for the most part) reading the posts keeps one thinking about spiritual things.

I got saved in 1980, when I was ten years old; doctrinally, I am an Independent Baptist...practically, I am terribly disappointed with the lack of separation standards of most Baptists I know of. I was raised in a DEAD church and didn't really come alive and start growing until my husband and I moved to Pensacola in 1990 and started going to Dr. Ruckman's church. For the first time, we saw people that were GLAD they were saved and wanted to do something for the Lord; we also learned (surprise) that we should be reading and studying our Bibles! As an aside, we get a kick out of telling how going to Dr. Ruckman's SAVED our marriage, given his history and the controversy...The bottom line was that getting right with the Lord straightened out a lot of things in our lives (duh!)

I guess I'll skip to the present so that I don't write TOO much! Brian and I have been married twenty years now and have one daughter and three sons. We farm on 60 acres in Kentucky...We are presently in a church WITHOUT "Baptist" in the name (a first for us.) It is a group of mostly older people who, when they happen to express doctrine, appear to be Baptist without calling themselves so...except for one man who (bless his heart!) changes his belief about eternal security based on the passage he's reading! He is almost 80 and says he pastored for 40-plus years, but he just can't seem to grasp any dispensational teaching. My husband is teaching adult Sunday School, my 16-year-old son is teaching the kids, my daughter (20) is doing some music with the kids, and I play the piano.

I suppose that's enough for now...more later!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com

Pam, welcome to the forum. My family is from KY down around eastern coal country. Ain't been to Ky since 95, hope to head that way soon and see how things are. Not much family left down there. Not much family left here!

I'm a fundametalist grace believer better known as a dry cleaner among my Baptist brethren and sisteren. This forum seems to be becoming a family.

Welcome!

Grace and peace

Tony

custer 05-28-2009 06:44 PM

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and the kind comments! Our life is pretty much a dream-come-true; the Lord has definitely blessed us beyond measure. We have only been in KY for a little over a year; we moved from GA where I was born and raised and where we always lived except for our time in Pensacola. In GA, my husband was a fireman and the pastor of our church (Grace Baptist in Zebulon.) We started a few farming-type ventures over ten years ago there and decided that we would like it to be a complete lifestyle...so, after a few years of planning and praying, here we are! While I've never lived in a big city (again, except Pensacola,) the area we are in now is so much more rural than where we were in GA; the whole culture is different...more "country-fied," if you will; we really like it! And the land is prettier and so affordable!

Nasil, the baby pigs are just WONDERFUL! This year was the first time we had pig babies born on our farm instead of just buying babies to raise. Oh my word, I just LOVE them!
But, we also just had a stray cat have four kittens, and they are really something...equally adorable and not quite as apt to bite!

And, Tony, I know who YOU are!!! When I first found this forum, I stayed up until 2AM (YIKES!) reading the baptism thread, so I saw (well, read) a lot of you! I think it's great that you can so heartily disagree with others on an issue and still keep your cool while presenting your case!

Thanks again, y'all; I look forward to getting to know you!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com

Jassy 05-28-2009 09:05 PM

Greetings in the Lord, Sister Pam!!

I'd like to extend the welcome to you! I'm fairly new on this forum also. I just joined earlier this month. I feel so warmly towards this group - as true brethren in Christ! I am happy that you joined!

Like the others mentioned, I also took a look at your website and the photos of your family and farm. I LOVE farms! I used to live about 1 hour from a farm in Rubicon, WI, where I regularly drove to get raw milk and organic veggies and fruits! Now I live about 1 hour and 45 minutes from there... so I don't get there as often. Occasionally, some friends of mine will pick up raw milk for me. I've been drinking raw milk for over 4 years now and I LOVE it!!

It's so funny because the friends that have gone with me to the farm have noticed that you can start SMELLING the farm from a couple of miles away. :pound: LOL To me, I don't really notice that anymore. The farm I go to has about 200grassfed cows, pigs, sheep, chickens, and goats. And, of course, a couple of herding dogs and a variety of cats. I'm very much an animal lover!

I hope that your faith will be BLESSED and UPLIFTED here, sister!

Love in Christ,
Jassy

katie ha-lakh 05-28-2009 11:22 PM

WELCOME Sister Pam.

It feels funny welcoming you here since I am a new member of only a few days ago but am already starting to feel welcome. It's sort of like a new church. Beyond my imagination because I grew up in a Baptist church for the first 19 years of my life and have found myself so hard pressed to find a great church in my area that I am actually attending a Pentacostal church at the moment! Needless to say, I really want to move!

I think this forum is just what I needed to get away from the KJB nay-sayers and to keep my nose in the Bible! I hope you will find it to be a blessing.

katie ha-lakh 05-28-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy (Post 20921)

I used to live about 1 hour from a farm in Rubicon, WI, where I regularly drove to get raw milk and organic veggies and fruits! Now I live about 1 hour and 45 minutes from there... so I don't get there as often. Occasionally, some friends of mine will pick up raw milk for me. I've been drinking raw milk for over 4 years now and I LOVE it!!

Jassy

Jassy, you could get in trouble buying raw milk here in Ontario! A man was charged for selling it because of the so-called health concerns. His equipment was confiscated and he had to go to court. He even sold shares of the cow those who owned it could get free milk (paying for the cow rather than the milk). I believe he went on a hunger strike to prove his point.

I didn't read this article, I just watched it in the news.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...r-support.html

custer 05-29-2009 12:24 PM

It IS illegal in most states to sell raw milk...because the USDA is SOOOO concerned about health!!! Here's the clincher - it is NOT illegal (most places) to GIVE it away, just to SELL it! That would, of course, make any THINKING person question the motives of the lawmakers, but, no, passive Americans just blindly trust...I should hush; obviously, this is a sore subject for me!!!

And maybe I'm biased, but I think a well-managed farm smells GOOD!!!

greenbear 05-29-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custer (Post 21002)
It IS illegal in most states to sell raw milk...because the USDA is SOOOO concerned about health!!! Here's the clincher - it is NOT illegal (most places) to GIVE it away, just to SELL it! That would, of course, make any THINKING person question the motives of the lawmakers, but, no, passive Americans just blindly trust...I should hush; obviously, this is a sore subject for me!!!

I agree with you. And the raw milk issue is just the tip of the iceberg. Things are getting scary. Time for family vegetable gardens and dragging out those canning jars.

http://www.groundreport.com/Arts_and...all-Farmers_52

Quote:

The first, HR 875 or The Food Safety Modernization Act, is an attempt by Congress to appoint an agri-business connected "Food Czar" over the enforcement of regulatory standards mainly directed toward America's small business farmers, placing complicated governmental hoops for small farmers to jump through that in its provisions basically strips them of their rights to farm their own land.

The penalties for non-compliance of this Food Safety Czar's edicts or any of the provisions of this Act can result in forfeiture of their lands and property.

One provision of this Act, the National Animal ID System, requires small farmers to immediately tag and identify all animals born on their farms with expensive identifying equipment within a mere 48 hours of birth. The penalty for non-compliance is a fine in the amount of $500,000, ten years imprisonment and/or forfeiture of their property.

Another provision requires small farmers to create easements on their lands for warrantless governmental inspection and entry at will. It would also eliminate allowance of "seed banking" by small farmers for future crops.

This bill was introduced by Rosa Deloro whose husband has Monsanto as a client, and who herself has received over $180,000 in agri-business donations. It is a blatant attempt by the large agri-businesses and Congress to seize control of our food supply, and force us to consume their products rather than those of less expensive and locally grown produce from small area farmers.

Michael Taylor, a former Monsanto employee, is lobbying now for a position in the Obama Administration as the Food Safety Czar in furtherance of the large agri-business communities agendas of total control of our food production and delivery.

Bro. Parrish 05-29-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custer (Post 20808)

I got saved in 1980, when I was ten years old; doctrinally, I am an Independent Baptist...practically, I am terribly disappointed with the lack of separation standards of most Baptists I know of. I was raised in a DEAD church and didn't really come alive and start growing until my husband and I moved to Pensacola in 1990 and started going to Dr. Ruckman's church. For the first time, we saw people that were GLAD they were saved and wanted to do something for the Lord; we also learned (surprise) that we should be reading and studying our Bibles!

Always glad to see another believer who has been blessed by Bro. Ruckman's ministry, welcome... :)

Winman 05-29-2009 08:00 PM

Hi Pam, and welcome to the forums. :)

biblereader 05-30-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolando (Post 20858)
Welcome to the forum sister! Thank you for your testimony. It's sad that so many Churches out there are dead. It saddens me to say that my Church is sort of dying (it's on life line). I guess I'll do what you did and pay Dr. Ruckman’s Church a visit someday. Anyway, you got a beautiful family and a life many of us would like to have. I also saw the photos with the farm and they look pretty nice (with the animals). I hope you'll enjoy this wonderful forum like I have. Again, welcome.

God Bless :amen:

:):):)

I would love to go to Dr. Ruckman's church. Maybe for a road trip, someday.
{{sigh!}}

Fredoheaven 05-30-2009 01:49 PM

God bless you sister Pam and greetings from the Philippines.

Jassy 05-31-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katie ha-lakh (Post 20939)
Jassy, you could get in trouble buying raw milk here in Ontario! A man was charged for selling it because of the so-called health concerns. His equipment was confiscated and he had to go to court. He even sold shares of the cow those who owned it could get free milk (paying for the cow rather than the milk). I believe he went on a hunger strike to prove his point.

I didn't read this article, I just watched it in the news.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...r-support.html

Hi Katie,

Yes, unfortunately I know it's illegal in many places. Here in Wisconsin, they allow it if you supposedly "own a share" in a cow. It's ridiculous! In all the years that they have been farming and selling raw milk, there has NEVER been even one single incident of any illnesses from it. They are a wonderful family of Christians with 8 homeschooled children. Such a blessing to know them!!

Jassy

Jassy 05-31-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custer (Post 21002)

Sister Pam,

I'm going to be a customer soon! Those raw milk soaps and the lip balms are looking very good to me! I treasure handmade items! A friend of mine used to make coconut oil soaps and the smell was so delightful! She put in a little oatmeal to act as a mild abrasive for dead skin cell removal to smooth the skin and hydrate it better. I will be telling my friends about your website also and you just may get some more customers!

Sorry sister - I was just teasing about the farm smell! It has never bothered me at all. I love the fresh air and farming is so good for the health. With the start of huge conglomerate farms and processing of everything, and governmental control, it's been so sad to see many family farms not able to compete - especially those animal tagging issues and the need to "certify" farms.

I am sure that the Lord is protecting many good Christian family farms! The farm I go to has 8 children - all of them homeschooled, some of them now adults. One has married.

God bless you and your family, sister.

Jassy

Hayseed 06-01-2009 12:38 AM

Hi there sis Iam a farmer too (I don't milk cows now though)
It was the best place to raise a family here in NZ.

I enjoyed browsing your web site and think you have a wonderful family.

I hope you settle in well here.

Mrs Hayseed:p

Hayseed 06-01-2009 02:32 AM

If I could go to sit under Dr Ruckman's preaching I'd even wear a dress..teehee.The church I attend in NZ is so backslidden I have to backslide just to have fellowship with them.(That's my excuse anyways for wearing ladies slacks.):D
But I digress,I love Dr Ruckman's DVD's I have here in NZ and I watch what I have over and over,sometimes my hubby will watch with me and he says"I think I've seen this one before." actually,he's seen them all but can't remember too well,so at times he thinks he's watching a new one when he's really not.:rolleyes:

Mrs Hayseed

boaz212 06-04-2009 10:08 AM

Welcome Pam to the forum! You have a beautiful family. God is very good!

custer 06-04-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boaz212 (Post 21595)
Welcome Pam to the forum! You have a beautiful family. God is very good!

Thanks! I agree on both counts!!!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com

tonybones2112 06-04-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custer (Post 20903)
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and the kind comments! Our life is pretty much a dream-come-true; the Lord has definitely blessed us beyond measure. We have only been in KY for a little over a year; we moved from GA where I was born and raised and where we always lived except for our time in Pensacola. In GA, my husband was a fireman and the pastor of our church (Grace Baptist in Zebulon.) We started a few farming-type ventures over ten years ago there and decided that we would like it to be a complete lifestyle...so, after a few years of planning and praying, here we are! While I've never lived in a big city (again, except Pensacola,) the area we are in now is so much more rural than where we were in GA; the whole culture is different...more "country-fied," if you will; we really like it! And the land is prettier and so affordable!

Nasil, the baby pigs are just WONDERFUL! This year was the first time we had pig babies born on our farm instead of just buying babies to raise. Oh my word, I just LOVE them!
But, we also just had a stray cat have four kittens, and they are really something...equally adorable and not quite as apt to bite!

And, Tony, I know who YOU are!!! When I first found this forum, I stayed up until 2AM (YIKES!) reading the baptism thread, so I saw (well, read) a lot of you! I think it's great that you can so heartily disagree with others on an issue and still keep your cool while presenting your case!

Thanks again, y'all; I look forward to getting to know you!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com

Pam, it's not going to be long till I shake the Ohio dust from my feet and leave this knucklehead state for a little vacation and with any luck I'll forget how to get back.

Sister, we're all human in this forum and sometimes we get passionate, I try not to and don't always succeed. I do for the most part, but see, once I got a shot of an antibiotic called Paulicillin and ain't been the same since:D

Grace and peace to you and your family sister, join in the forum and participate.

Tony

bondservant40 06-05-2009 08:28 AM

Welcome sister!! I am new here myself and have loved the fellowship among Bible believers here on this board. I too looked at your web page. What wonderful blessings the Lord has given you! God bless you and yours. Look forward to getting to know you!