AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bible Versions (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The next step (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1496)

PaulB 07-25-2009 04:32 AM

The next step

I think that the original intention of the critical text has almost competed it goal (i.e. that of a generation of Christians within the protestant world that has been shifted from the received text). But my question is what’s next? I don’t see the labours of modern scholarship achieving anything else now because they have accomplished (that is, in modern Christendom) the very purpose of what they were created to do!

Like evolution, the introduction of cults and many other evils that sprung up out of the 1800s, they were unleashed on the world for a reason and not as an end in themselves. The continual production of modern bible versions isn’t going to end with the final unchallenged pure text of Scripture (as that is what they departed from in the first place). Evolution is never going to produce the answer of our origins (as that is what it has taken us from) cults can never give us the truth of God (as that is what they have departed from). So where do you see the bible version issue heading to (as it cannot go much further before it burns itself out) because there will never be an absolute standard amongst them.

I can see something new coming over the horizon, something that will replace all of these things because the foundation of absolute truth has been eroded to the point of oblivion. We all know of the one world government and one world religious system that is being set up before our very eyes, but my question is; what is going to become the absolute standard that determines to these people the words of their god?

Do you think that bibles will be a thing of the past in the churches to come or will they incorporate something additional to what is presently understood? Will the apocrypha find its way back into their religious literature, will gender neutrality and religious tolerance merge together into one complete volume?

I don’t believe that the endless labours of the hidden groups behind the scenes have passed the baton on through the centuries with the aim of individual freedom. I believe that we have been herded into a state of neutrality in order to move us towards a further stage in their plans.

Neither do I believe that Rome took the reformation on the chin and decided to let bygones be bygones.
(which reminds me – does anyone have any useful information on the Oxford movement?) I believe that these modern bible version have simply been part of their plans and once that they have stripped Christendom of its foundation then they will carry out the completion of their mission.

What are your thoughts?

God bless

PaulB

Just_A_Thought 07-25-2009 03:28 PM

Intresting question Paul...

My personal thoughts are that everything will come together rather smoothly. I can not give any definite answers since the future can not be seen but we do have Revelations to give us some ideas. I think first of all that WWIII (or whatever WWnumber it is at the time) will be a fight over land and religion. Since the anti-Christ will come on the seen I believe all religion will point to him. God will send a strong delusion and all wil believe thier Bible, Koran, etc. is talking of him. He will then remove all these reading materials and say since he is here they no longer need to read thier religious materials. Everyone will follow thier god happily until he puts and idol in front of them. The Jews will remember this was not what thier teaching taught and things will change come then.

As far as to what is in the really near future...well, it is hard to say.

Samuel 07-26-2009 03:04 PM

On the term "absolute standard", there is none. The standard of today, is whatever is revenant to the current situation.
My famous quote is, "The more educated people become, the lower their intelligence level gets". :)

Jassy 07-26-2009 05:03 PM

Brother PaulB,

Modern scholarship and the falsely-educated, weakened and worldly Christians will always be with us. Satan has been proliferic in creating his counterfeit bibles. He has created so many of them that confusion reigns supreme. There is a always an up-and-coming new edition - as people will always add to and take away from the Word of God --- no matter how much the Bible admonishes them to NOT do so.

Revelation 22:19 - And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

The KJV Bible will never go into OBLIVION.

As always, the true Christians will uphold it, cling to it, preach it, uplift it, and preserve it. Even if the true Church (the Body of Christ) must go underground to do so, the true Word of God will always STAND. It will NEVER be done away with... no matter how much they try to do so.

Just remember that the apostles and the early Christians were martyred for their faith. Christians are STILL being beaten, imprisoned and martyred for their faith (somewhere in the world). We're just blessed to be in any "land of freedom" that we won't be punished for what we believe. For now..............

Yet, no matter what happens, God will preserve His Word. I believe in and trust in His promises.

This is Old Testament but I still love it and we are His servants!

2 Samuel 7:28 - And now, O Lord GOD, thou art that God, and thy words be true, and thou hast promised this goodness unto thy servant:
29 - Therefore now let it please thee to bless the house of thy servant, that it may continue for ever before thee: for thou, O Lord GOD, hast spoken it: and with thy blessing let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever.

Wonderful promise about HIS Words and what HE has SPOKEN, isn't it?

Jassy

George 07-26-2009 08:39 PM

Re: "The next step"

Sister Jassy said:
Quote:

"Just remember that the apostles and the early Christians were martyred for their faith. Christians are STILL being beaten, imprisoned and martyred for their faith (somewhere in the world). We're just blessed to be in any "land of freedom" that we won't be punished for what we believe. For now..............

Yet, no matter what happens, God will preserve His Word. I believe in and trust in His promises.
Aloha sister,

Just this past week I read of a North Korean Christian woman who was EXECUTED for passing out Bibles! :eek:

Christians in the Muslim world; in North Korea; and in China are severely persecuted for their faith. Physical abuse, imprisonment, and death are often the punishments administered to Christians living in those countries.

There are also parts of India that are very intolerant of Christians, and where Christians are often beaten and even killed for their faith.

We do not have any idea what real persecution is - we're SPOILED! :( I thank God for the freedom that we have, and lately I wonder how much longer we may be able to enjoy it. :confused:

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Jassy 07-27-2009 10:15 AM

Persecution

Quote:

Originally Posted by George (Post 24748)
Sister Jassy said:

Aloha sister,

Just this past week I read of a North Korean Christian woman who was EXECUTED for passing out Bibles! :eek:

Christians in the Muslim world; in North Korea; and in China are severely persecuted for their faith. Physical abuse, imprisonment, and death are often the punishments administered to Christians living in those countries.

There are also parts of India that are very intolerant of Christians, and where Christians are often beaten and even killed for their faith.

We do not have any idea what real persecution is - we're SPOILED! :( I thank God for the freedom that we have, and lately I wonder how much longer we may be able to enjoy it. :confused:

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Yes, brother George, we are very spoiled, indeed! I regularly go to www.persecution.com to read about what is happening to other Christians in the world; how they stand up for their faith, no matter what the persecution entails. Very, very humbling.

These are the kinds of pastors and evangelists that I support. I know several online who walk for many miles into rugged mountainous terrain to reach isolated tribal people, to bring them the Word of God. It puts their very life in danger - yet they go forth joyously to serve the Lord! They ask me only for prayers. They believe that the Lord will provide, as He always has.

I feel that our own churches and pastors could learn much from them.

Jassy

biblereader 07-30-2009 06:58 AM

The Word of God will never pass away. It will always be here, in time and space. Don't worry.
Just hide the Word in your heart.

They can kill people, but they can't kill ideas. They can't rid the universe of God's Word.