AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Hello! (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639)

Traditional Anglican 10-29-2008 11:45 AM

Hello!

I am happy to be here as a AV 1611/TR man. My handle, Traditional Anglican might be a mouthful (or finger-full here:)) so feel free to type TA if you wish. I am a Traditional Anglican, part of a group of Churches that broke away from the liberal CoE and Episcopal Church. We BELIEVE the Bible is the word of God, it is not a mere piece of literature, i is truly a revelation of God to His children. As such, it is (or should be the rule of faith) not only on Sunday morning but everyday! In any event, I am happy to post along with those who love the Lord, and The Holy Bible. Grace and Peace to all.:cool:

Brother Tim 10-29-2008 01:41 PM

Welcome! It will be interesting to learn about fishing from one who stands by traditions (hand-tied flies and such). :D :D :rolleyes: ;) :p

Traditional Anglican 10-29-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tim (Post 10384)
Welcome! It will be interesting to learn about fishing from one who stands by traditions (hand-tied flies and such). :D :D :rolleyes: ;) :p

:D Well, not sure I can teach much about fishing. I CAN teach you about a "proper" 1662 Communion. LOL. There lies my tradition.:cool:

Brother Tim 10-29-2008 03:44 PM

OH! I see ... Not Angler! Anglican! Okay, Now I understand. :D

Traditional Anglican 10-29-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tim (Post 10392)
OH! I see ... Not Angler! Anglican! Okay, Now I understand. :D

Chuckle! No worries Brother, people are ALWAYS walking into our Church on Sunday Mornings with fishing tackle. Common mistake.:D:D:cool:

Traditional Anglican 10-29-2008 05:41 PM

My stupid newbie question (I get free passes for the first week. Right?) Is there a way I can correct a typo? I noticed one in my intro, no biggie, it is just annoying. Blessings.

Here Am I 10-29-2008 08:44 PM

Hello, TA! Glad to 'meetcha'.

I was raised 'casual' Episcopalian, we went on Easter and Christmas, and sometimes in between. I've been in big gaudy 'high' churches and small 'low' missionary types that were not self-supporting.

I could probably quote to you great stretches from the Book of Common Prayer... :D

Now I am an independent Baptist, but more importantly, an Authorized Version Bible-Believer! God is good.

Traditional Anglican 10-29-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here Am I (Post 10417)
Hello, TA! Glad to 'meetcha'.

I was raised 'casual' Episcopalian, we went on Easter and Christmas, and sometimes in between. I've been in big gaudy 'high' churches and small 'low' missionary types that were not self-supporting.

I could probably quote to you great stretches from the Book of Common Prayer... :D

Now I am an independent Baptist, but more importantly, an Authorized Version Bible-Believer! God is good.

Lol! Nice to meet you! I have the best of both worlds, I am Anglican AND a King James man!:cool::cool::cool: How cool am I!:) Blessings!