AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bible Studies (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ruckman on the KJB (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=944)

tonybones2112 03-09-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanos (Post 16541)
Fair enough. Like I've said in the other posts is that the only thing I'm settled on is that there is a distinction, and that I don't know what exactly it is. :pound: The rest is just speculation.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Stephen, I'm still new here and I guess some of you are still wary, but in all sincerity I hope you find out what it is.

Grace and peace

Tony

Luke 03-09-2009 03:28 PM

I fear that every time someone says "here is a sermon by Ruckman" they are going to apologise for the abortion audio....

stephanos 03-09-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 16569)
I fear that every time someone says "here is a sermon by Ruckman" they are going to apologise for the abortion audio....

Yeah, that's what I feel as well. I don't know why Ruckman had to voice his beliefs on this like he did. It's like his two divorces weren't enough to make things difficult for him that he had to ante things up a bit. I wish he'd have thought twice on this one.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Easy E 03-10-2009 05:57 AM

Quote:

Yeah, that's what I feel as well. I don't know why Ruckman had to voice his beliefs on this like he did. It's like his two divorces weren't enough to make things difficult for him that he had to ante things up a bit. I wish he'd have thought twice on this one.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
No you don't. Doc wouldn't be the man he is if it wasn't for his ability to speak and not give a flip what other's say about it. As a pastor, you are supposed to declare the whole counsel of God and not spend all day worrying about what the "Brethren" are going to think about it. (Scripture - Acts 20:27)

Eric

Bro. Parrish 03-10-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 16447)
An example of even the best of us make mistakes.

I'm familiar with Dr. Ruckman's position on this from years ago. My question is which "breath" does the child take, through it's own lungs or its MOTHER'S?

I seem to remember somewhere a prophet was known by God before God formed him "...in the womb." Seems God would not know a disassociated blob of protein, but a PERSON.

My experience in biology did not stop with mortuary science. From the instant a male and female zygote are joined, the result is a living human being.

Doc Pete, we love ya, you blew it on this one.

Grace and peace

Tony

Well said Bro. Tony, I've got your back on this one.
By the way, if the administrator of this forum did not agree with you I would no longer stay here. (Yes, I feel that strongly about it).

You all know how I love Bro. Ruckman, but all you "breathers" will have to lick your wounds---THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE UNBORN HUMAN AND THE ONE WRITING THIS IN ALL CAPS. I feel the "breath of life thing" is a flawed application of Genesis 2:7. Adam was a special case (first man). These days human babies get their breath (oxygen) from their mother's umbilical cords, a distinctive physical feature Adam DID NOT HAVE. Regardless of how much the Planned Parenthood/Margaret Sanger eugenics crowd hates it, the unborn are fully alive in the womb in every way---same as you and me, not partially alive or sort of alive, etc. (Luke 1:15, Isaiah 49:1, Judges 13:7, Jeremiah 20:17).

Plenty of locked and burned threads here about that whole issue, let's not pour gas on the embers.

Okay, rant over... quietly sinking back into the leather sofa.

P.S. -- I mean no offense to the "breathers." you are my brothers in Christ. That makes you my "brother breathers." :)

Diligent 03-10-2009 09:45 AM

This topic has been pretty thoroughly hashed out before. Search the forum for "breath of life" if you want to read over it again.

My position is based (among many things) on believing Job knew what he was talking about when he said:
Job 3:11 Why died I not from the womb? why did I not give up the ghost when I came out of the belly?
Job 10:18 Wherefore then hast thou brought me forth out of the womb? Oh that I had given up the ghost, and no eye had seen me!
Job knew he had a spirit (ghost) as an unborn. Who am I to argue with that?

stephanos 03-10-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy E (Post 16594)
No you don't. Doc wouldn't be the man he is if it wasn't for his ability to speak and not give a flip what other's say about it. As a pastor, you are supposed to declare the whole counsel of God and not spend all day worrying about what the "Brethren" are going to think about it. (Scripture - Acts 20:27)

Eric

You're right. I'm sorry brother. I guess I wouldn't love the man like I do if he were any different.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

tonybones2112 03-12-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 16602)
Well said Bro. Tony, I've got your back on this one.
By the way, if the administrator of this forum did not agree with you I would no longer stay here. (Yes, I feel that strongly about it).

You all know how I love Bro. Ruckman, but all you "breathers" will have to lick your wounds---THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE UNBORN HUMAN AND THE ONE WRITING THIS IN ALL CAPS. I feel the "breath of life thing" is a flawed application of Genesis 2:7. Adam was a special case (first man). These days human babies get their breath (oxygen) from their mother's umbilical cords, a distinctive physical feature Adam DID NOT HAVE. Regardless of how much the Planned Parenthood/Margaret Sanger eugenics crowd hates it, the unborn are fully alive in the womb in every way---same as you and me, not partially alive or sort of alive, etc. (Luke 1:15, Isaiah 49:1, Judges 13:7, Jeremiah 20:17).

Plenty of locked and burned threads here about that whole issue, let's not pour gas on the embers.

Okay, rant over... quietly sinking back into the leather sofa.

P.S. -- I mean no offense to the "breathers." you are my brothers in Christ. That makes you my "brother breathers." :)

I don't want to sound overly gloomy or Gothic brother Parrish, but the Scriptures, the sword of the Spirit that proceeds out of the mouth of the Lamb, has two edges. It can come right back around and cut the wielder if he or she ain't careful.

Grace and peace to you

Tony


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Website AV1611.Com.
Posts represent only the opinions of users of this forum and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the webmaster.

Software for Believing Bible Study