AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bible Versions (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Capstone? or Cornerstone? (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1228)

boaz212 05-07-2009 03:18 PM

Capstone? or Cornerstone?

I have always remember Christ as our cornerstone as my KJB says. But last weekend I thought I heard the word "capstone" from Acts 4:11 from someone who uses the NIV. I found the verse in NIV to confrim what I heard below.

Acts 4:11 (New International Version)
11He is " 'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone.

So what is a capstone? Isn't a capstone on top of a pyramid or something? A capstone is certainly not a cornerstone. Am I wrong?

Any insights to this word change by the NIV and it's significance will be much appreciated.

Tim

peopleoftheway 05-07-2009 03:42 PM

Hi Brother

The change in the niv is yet another indication of "new age" theology. The capstone was indeed as its name suggests "the top" of a pyramid, newagers believed that they could channel nimrod through the capstone, its also used in freemasonry I believe. Also the capstone or coping stone is used in modern building as the top of a wall, not the foundation. Another fine example of modern versions diminishing our very foundation in Jesus Christ.

Winman 05-07-2009 04:56 PM

Yes, the capstone is a symbol of Free Masonry. Have you ever looked closely at the pyramid on the back of a one dollar bill? Underneath you will see the Roman numerals

MDCCLXXVI

Now, of course, these numbers are:

M= 1000
D= 500
C= 100
L= 50
X= 10
I= 1

So 1000 + 500 + 200 + 50 + 20 + 5 + 1 = 1776

So, these Roman numerals add up to 1776, the year the United States of America was founded.

But here is something fascinating, the number 666 is hidden in this number.

When you write a 3 digit number like 427, the first number (from left to right) represents parts of a thousand, the second number represents parts of a hundred, the third number represents parts of ten. This is much easier to understand when reading decimals. For instance, we say .1" is one tenth of an inch, .01" equals one hundreth of an inch, and .001" equals one thousandth of an inch. But numbers work the same left of the decimal point

So, the M in this number represents parts of a thousand. The next two numbers D and C add up to 600. Then we have C which represents parts of a hundred. The next two numbers are L and X which add up to 60. Then we have the X which stands for parts of a ten followed by the numbers V and I which add to 6.

So, we have the number 600, 60, and 6. And this is what the Bible identifies as the Mark of the Beast.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Winman/beast.gif

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Now, I am not absolutely saying the Mark of the Beast is on our dollar bill, but the coincidence is amazing. No other Roman numeral works out exactly like this. And remember, without this mark you will not be able to buy or sale. So it is a financial number.

And the all-seeing eye in the cap-stone is a Free Mason symbol that goes back to ancient Egypt and Babylonia.

Something to think about.

boaz212 05-07-2009 06:25 PM

Winman and Peopleoftheway, thanks for answering my question so quickly. It's amazing that the word capstone is used instead. The word has a whole different meaning and implications. Thanks again for you help.
Tim

Fredoheaven 05-07-2009 08:57 PM

Thanks for your post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winman (Post 19354)
Yes, the capstone is a symbol of Free Masonry. Have you ever looked closely at the pyramid on the back of a one dollar bill? Underneath you will see the Roman numerals

MDCCLXXVI

Now, of course, these numbers are:

M= 1000
D= 500
C= 100
L= 50
X= 10
I= 1

So 1000 + 500 + 200 + 50 + 20 + 5 + 1 = 1776

So, these Roman numerals add up to 1776, the year the United States of America was founded.

But here is something fascinating, the number 666 is hidden in this number.

When you write a 3 digit number like 427, the first number (from left to right) represents parts of a thousand, the second number represents parts of a hundred, the third number represents parts of ten. This is much easier to understand when reading decimals. For instance, we say .1" is one tenth of an inch, .01" equals one hundreth of an inch, and .001" equals one thousandth of an inch. But numbers work the same left of the decimal point

So, the M in this number represents parts of a thousand. The next two numbers D and C add up to 600. Then we have C which represents parts of a hundred. The next two numbers are L and X which add up to 60. Then we have the X which stands for parts of a ten followed by the numbers V and I which add to 6.

So, we have the number 600, 60, and 6. And this is what the Bible identifies as the Mark of the Beast.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/Winman/beast.gif

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Now, I am not absolutely saying the Mark of the Beast is on our dollar bill, but the coincidence is amazing. No other Roman numeral works out exactly like this. And remember, without this mark you will not be able to buy or sale. So it is a financial number.

And the all-seeing eye in the cap-stone is a Free Mason symbol that goes back to ancient Egypt and Babylonia.

Something to think about.

Bro. Winman, I'll just try to copy of your post. It's an excellent study that I can share in our church. God bless!!!:):):)

tonybones2112 05-07-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boaz212 (Post 19349)
I have always remember Christ as our cornerstone as my KJB says. But last weekend I thought I heard the word "capstone" from Acts 4:11 from someone who uses the NIV. I found the verse in NIV to confrim what I heard below.

11He is " 'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone.

So what is a capstone? Isn't a capstone on top of a pyramid or something? A capstone is certainly not a cornerstone. Am I wrong?

Any insights to this word change by the NIV and it's significance will be much appreciated.

Tim

Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Tim, the stone(Christ) that the Jews rejected has become the chief cornerstone:

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Below Peter quotes Isaiah 28:16, which is the OT root for this doctrine:

1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

This passage in Isaiah confirms Christ as both foundation and chief cornerstone:

Isa 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

Paul dogmatically and finally confirms this with no deviation:

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

The NIV translators do their best to destroy the cross-reference system of Bible study in Isaiah 28:9-13 with this verse and many others. Note how they have broken the link between Acts 4:11 and Eph. 2:20:

Act 4:11 He is " 'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone.(NIV)

Eph 2:20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.(NIV)

In the NIV in Isaiah we see the NIV being "all bibles to all heresies" as it refuses to translate "Lord" and substitutes the Calvinist "sovereign":

Isa 28:16 So this is what the Sovereign LORD says: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed.(NIV)

When you hear someone talk about the "Sovereign Grace of God", that is a Calvinist speaking and always translate "sovereign grace" for what they really mean. "absolute predestination". I attended a Calvinist college unbeknownst to me at the time, I know of what I speak, brother.

The "capstone" reading is, according to the Wiccas and occultists I know on the web and in person, a verse the NIV translators threw out to them as the "sovereign" reading to Calvinsts, to give them a toe-hold into the Bible for their false teaching of Christ being one of Twelve "Ascended Masters" AKA "Avatars". Buddhah, Mohammed, Vishnu, etc, their "Christ" is the top of the heap towards Godhood that these occultists seek, not very different from the theology of Mormonism and Herbert W. Armstrong and Garner Ted. Basic Hinduism in ascending to godhood through multiple lives and works.

We know one Man, the Man Christ Jesus, is the only One to ascend to heaven by His own power:

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Gail Ripplinger knew what she was talking about in NEW AGE BIBLE VERSIONS, be sure of that.

Grace and peace

Tony

boaz212 05-08-2009 05:06 PM

Hi Tony, thanks for all the scripture references. They are going to the margin of my Bible. Please take care.

tonybones2112 05-08-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boaz212 (Post 19406)
Hi Tony, thanks for all the scripture references. They are going to the margin of my Bible. Please take care.

Tim, this verse I want you to look at is one of my illustrations of how people CAN teach a heresy, this verse is from a KJV. You must remember till the JWs "translated" their own Bible all they had were a few out in left field things like the "Emphatic Diaglott", they established themselves and Charles Taze Russell founded the JWs by teaching from a KJV. The NIV is now and I think will remain our main enemy among the "versions" for many years as it is the New INTERNATIONAL Version and is being marketed as "all bibles to all unlearned". Let me show you what we could do just with a KJV:

Zec 2:6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.

I just gave you the Scriptural proof for Santa Claus. Didn't I?

Could I not teach to millions of children that yes, he flees from the land of the north bearing gifts in all directions, all over the earth, on Christmas Eve, a holy day? Hey, the Lord DID say it, didn't He? I mean, Santa must be God as the little song says, he knows when you've been sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows when you've been bad or good, be good for goodness sake? Don't the little extra Biblical song subscribe to Santa the attributes of Deity?

And millions would believe that and before long I'd be driving a Cadillac.

You see how easy it is to teach error and heresy from a KJV, how much easier is it to teach it from just another translation of Vaticanus?

Hold fast Tim, all the days of your life and never depart from your KJV.

Grace and peace to you brother.

Tony

Tmonk 05-12-2009 02:35 AM

11He is
" 'the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the capstone.[a]'[b]

Footnotes:

1. Acts 4:11 Or cornerstone
2. Acts 4:11 Psalm 118:22

peopleoftheway 05-12-2009 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmonk (Post 19610)

11He is
" 'the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the capstone.[a]'[b]

Footnotes:

That just shows another contradiction, as a capstone is the TOP of a building / Wall and the cornerstone is the foundation. Couldn't the translators make their minds up if Christ was the foundation or was the Top? which is it? it cannot be both.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

boaz212 05-12-2009 07:08 AM

Footnotes:

To me, footnotes like this one show the incompetence of the translation "experts" of the NIV. They confuse the readers as to which word (in this verse is offered two words of opposite meanings)is intended by God. God's word now becomes a series of multiple choice questions that the readers must decide what the word of God truly says.

tonybones2112 05-12-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boaz212 (Post 19628)
Footnotes:

To me, footnotes like this one show the incompetence of the translation "experts" of the NIV. They confuse the readers as to which word (in this verse is offered two words of opposite meanings)is intended by God. God's word now becomes a series of multiple choice questions that the readers must decide what the word of God truly says.

Yes! Did He say that? Which one? Did he say it at all?

You're understanding Genesis 3 better now brother.

Grace and peace

Tony

Tmonk 05-12-2009 12:13 PM

Job 38:4-7
who laid its cornerstone- niv
who laid the corner stone- kjv

Psalm 118:22-23
the stone the builders rejected has become the capstone -niv
the stone which the builders refused is become the head stone -kjv <----This is referring to a capstone

Isaiah 19:13-20
an alter to the LORD in the heart of Egypt- niv
an alter to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt -kjv

Isaiah 28:16
precious cornerstone for a sure foundation -niv
precious corner stone, a sure foundation- kjv

Jeremiah 51:26
will be taken from you for a cornerstone -niv
take of thee a stone for a corner -kjv

Zechariah 4:7
he will bring out the capstone -niv
shall bring forth the headstone -kjv <----This is referring to a capstone

Zechariah 10:4
from Judah will come the cornerstone -niv
out of him came forth the corner -kjv

Matthew 21:42
has become the capstone -niv
is become the head of the corner -kjv <----This is referring to a capstone

Mark 12:10

Luke 20:17

Acts 4:11
which has become the capstone -niv This is the verse in question.
is become the head of the corner -kjv

Ephesians 2:20
Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone -niv
Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone -kjv

I Peter 2:4-7
chosen and precious cornerstone -niv
chief corner stone, elect, precious -kjv

A corner stone can be a foundation stone, but is the "head of the corner" the foundation or the top?

Brother Tim 05-12-2009 12:20 PM

Consistency, my dear tmonk, consistency...

That's the ticket!

cornerstone/corner stone = head of the corner = head stone = chief corner stone

capstone <> cornerstone

NIV jumps back and forth, KJB is consistent

Greektim 05-12-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tim
KJB is consistent

Would you say that is true 100% of the time in a single context in the KJ?

Winman 05-12-2009 02:54 PM

Jesus is the cornerstone which is part of the foundation, the first stone laid, not the capstone which is the top, the last stone laid.

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

So, still think your corrupt version gives the correct comprehension??

Brother Tim 05-12-2009 07:41 PM

GT, I am discussing only this particular topic here. If you want to discuss the broader question, we can do it through email. I won't discuss the KJB itself, or compare versions with you on this forum. It is not conducive to civility.

Greektim 05-12-2009 07:45 PM

Agreed

Brother Tim 05-12-2009 08:20 PM

TMonk asked:
Quote:

A corner stone can be a foundation stone, but is the "head of the corner" the foundation or the top?
"Head" does not refer to location (that is, the top or highest stone), but to importance (the rest of the foundation and building are aligned to it). "Head" is used in the same sense that "chief" is.

tonybones2112 05-12-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tim (Post 19645)
Consistency, my dear tmonk, consistency...

That's the ticket!

cornerstone/corner stone = head of the corner = head stone = chief corner stone

capstone <> cornerstone

NIV jumps back and forth, KJB is consistent

That's the terminology used by medieval stonemasons for the first founding cornerstone.

Grace and peace

Tony Bones

Former Bricklayer/Residential Construction Electrician

Tmonk 05-13-2009 03:27 AM

This is an odd one. Ephesians and Peter use a one word term (Greek) literally meaning "chief corner" as to where all the other NT verses use two words literally saying "head corner".

Capstone seems to be an NIV choice. Everything else chooses "cornerstone" consistently or the KJV "head of the corner". Even the NLT uses cornerstone !!!!

:confused: What were they thinking?

Brother Tim 05-13-2009 06:58 AM

Tony replied:
Quote:

That's the terminology used by medieval stonemasons...
I'm a little thick today, Bro. Bones. To which word is your "That" referring?

tonybones2112 05-13-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tim (Post 19676)
Tony replied:
I'm a little thick today, Bro. Bones. To which word is your "That" referring?

"head of the corner". I've heard my dad and grandfather use the term many times, once while building a stone smokehouse in KY. If the foundation was not 100 percent level the head of the corner was the first cornerstone laid to take a shift in weight also.

A great series of books is Joseph and Frances Gies series of medieval books: Life In A Medieval Castle, Life In A Medieval City, Life In A Medieval Town, etc. They are available in used copies on AMAZON, good readable copies going for 2-3 dollars apiece. They give castle, cathedral, and other building constuction methods and life in this period in general.

Grace and peace brother

Tony

tonybones2112 05-13-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmonk (Post 19673)
This is an odd one. Ephesians and Peter use a one word term (Greek) literally meaning "chief corner" as to where all the other NT verses use two words literally saying "head corner".

Capstone seems to be an NIV choice. Everything else chooses "cornerstone" consistently or the KJV "head of the corner". Even the NLT uses cornerstone !!!!

:confused: What were they thinking?

They were thinking a "bible version" with appeal outside of "Christians" Monk. In occultism "Jesus" is an Avatar, an "Ascended Master", and through multiple lives(reincarnation)these people ascend up the ladder to "godhood", with this "Jesus" as the NIV says, the "capstone", the tip of a pyramid. All this is just recycled Hinduism.

I'm doing a little study on something John Hinton put me onto, the phrase "new order" being found in several versions.

Grace and peace

Tony

Jassy 05-18-2009 10:04 PM

This is an excellent dialogue going here, regarding the fraudulent New Age versions of the Bible. I was once engaged to a man who I found out was a 22nd degree Freemason. We were living in different states, so I wasn't aware of all of his life and what he was involved in. He was the member of a Baptist Church and seemed to be very devoted to studying the Bible.

To me, Freemasonry and Biblical Truth cannot be mixed!! I was totally caught off-guard that he would be so enmeshed in such a group. I tried so hard to show him the evidence of Freemasonry. He just kept denying it, saying that they were all "good Christians" at his lodge, and that they enjoyed doing charity work. I've read that the charity work is nothing more than a cover for the true CORE nature of the Freemasons. I've read a book "Masonry, Beyond the Light" by William Schnoebelen. He spent nine years as a Mason. Then someone witnessed to him and he became a Christian. The next time he attended his Masonic lodge, he felt a very ODD feeling. He had been involved in other evil things as well and completely LEFT it behind him and embraced his new life as a Christian. He explained in his book that there are really over 90 levels of Masonry - not just the 33 degrees that we hear about! And it gets more and more satanic, the higher you go.

Sadly, I had to break-off the engagement with this man.

How does one help someone to SEE the TRUTH and to break free from the Masons?

Jassy

tonybones2112 05-18-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy (Post 20068)
This is an excellent dialogue going here, regarding the fraudulent New Age versions of the Bible. I was once engaged to a man who I found out was a 22nd degree Freemason. We were living in different states, so I wasn't aware of all of his life and what he was involved in. He was the member of a Baptist Church and seemed to be very devoted to studying the Bible.

To me, Freemasonry and Biblical Truth cannot be mixed!! I was totally caught off-guard that he would be so enmeshed in such a group. I tried so hard to show him the evidence of Freemasonry. He just kept denying it, saying that they were all "good Christians" at his lodge, and that they enjoyed doing charity work. I've read that the charity work is nothing more than a cover for the true CORE nature of the Freemasons. I've read a book "Masonry, Beyond the Light" by William Schnoebelen. He spent nine years as a Mason. Then someone witnessed to him and he became a Christian. The next time he attended his Masonic lodge, he felt a very ODD feeling. He had been involved in other evil things as well and completely LEFT it behind him and embraced his new life as a Christian. He explained in his book that there are really over 90 levels of Masonry - not just the 33 degrees that we hear about! And it gets more and more satanic, the higher you go.

Sadly, I had to break-off the engagement with this man.

How does one help someone to SEE the TRUTH and to break free from the Masons?

Jassy

Jassy, I am somewhat of an agnostic as far as "supernatural" and "occultic" things goes. While our war is spiritual, those powers and principalities were defeated at Calvary. To me, a Wicca, a spirit medium, a Congo witch doctor and a Catholic priest are all equally damned to hell. Whatever tries to obscure the gospel of Christ is "occultic" to me. For that, you have a center of occultism in every American city in your local Catholic Church.

My grandfather was 3rd Degree Mason. He was a storekeeper and quit after he got to 3rd Degree. He was also a Pentecostal holiness preacher, and found the god they worshipped was not Jesus Christ, just the all-inclusive, nebulous Grand Architect Of The Universe that Satan hides behind. That's another spiritual disease that can't resist the gospel of Christ. In practical day to day life, the Masons desire to monopolize any and all of your local legal, law enforcement, judicial, religious, and business activity. I know this for a fact because I know several ex Masons of high degree. My late father-in-law was 33rd Degree Scottish Rite who blamed me for leading his daughter off into fundamentalist Christianity. He explained they were merely a brotherhood for making good men better men. I replied then that there are two kinds of men, "good" and "better". All animals are equal, some are more equal than others I guess.

The perspective we need to maintain on these secret societies is that the Mormons, the Masons, The "illuminati" The Bilderburgers and Trilateral Commission, The Birchers and the Communists all have the same secrets. If you stand the Masons up against the Republican or Democrat Party you'll find about the same number of "saved" people in both groups: very few. The REAL conspiracy is in you local mystery of iniquity who sacrifices Christ 3 million times a day and will compromise with Islam, descended from Ishmael, the son of the bondwoman, in the last days against Israel, the descendants of the child of promise, Isaac.

Preach the gospel of Christ to all of them, they are all lost and Christ died for all of them. Jew or Gentile, Mason or Mormon, I make no distinction between them.

Grace and peace

Tony

Jassy 05-19-2009 11:13 AM

AMEN Tony!

There really is a common thread that runs through them all - going way back to the Tower of Babel. You are so right that Christ, by His sacrifice on the Cross, defeated them all. It is true that Masons often hold positions. My ex-fiance told me that there were members who were judges, sheriffs, policemen, business owners, teachers, professors, lawyers, etc. He said that it would help his career. I don't know whether these men are honestly unaware of the true nature of it, or they are willfully involved for what they might gain by it. They ought first to think about what they might LOSE by it - namely their salvation!

I had a talk with the minister of his church and asked him if he was aware that several members of his church (a large independent Baptist church) were Masons. And I asked him if that concerned him. He said, first of all, that I was right to be concerned, and that he was "working on it" in his own way. He said the most powerful way is prayer. Yet I thought to myself, if a minister is afraid to speak out against sin from the pulpit, what power does he have against evil? I think that he probably feared the high positions of these Masons in his church - not to mention their monetary contributions to the church!

I did utilize prayer and prayed often for my ex-fiance. But, in the end... I realized that my only recourse was to disconnect myself from him and remain on the right straight and narrow path - as he was stepping off onto that broad path that veers off-course.

Jassy

bondservant40 06-05-2009 08:44 AM

Jassy praise God for your devotion to Him and staying on the straight and narrow path! :)

That would have been a disasterous union. I'm sure it was a painful decision at the time. The path is narrow. And, the longer I walk on it, I find the more straight and narrow it gets.

God bless sis

tonybones2112 06-05-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jassy (Post 20109)
AMEN Tony!

There really is a common thread that runs through them all - going way back to the Tower of Babel. You are so right that Christ, by His sacrifice on the Cross, defeated them all. It is true that Masons often hold positions. My ex-fiance told me that there were members who were judges, sheriffs, policemen, business owners, teachers, professors, lawyers, etc. He said that it would help his career. I don't know whether these men are honestly unaware of the true nature of it, or they are willfully involved for what they might gain by it. They ought first to think about what they might LOSE by it - namely their salvation!

I had a talk with the minister of his church and asked him if he was aware that several members of his church (a large independent Baptist church) were Masons. And I asked him if that concerned him. He said, first of all, that I was right to be concerned, and that he was "working on it" in his own way. He said the most powerful way is prayer. Yet I thought to myself, if a minister is afraid to speak out against sin from the pulpit, what power does he have against evil? I think that he probably feared the high positions of these Masons in his church - not to mention their monetary contributions to the church!

I did utilize prayer and prayed often for my ex-fiance. But, in the end... I realized that my only recourse was to disconnect myself from him and remain on the right straight and narrow path - as he was stepping off onto that broad path that veers off-course.

Jassy

Sister, a Christian can't lose salvation for joining the Masons. A Christian can't lose salvation for any reason. Some people claim because of a verse in Hebrews says salvation can be lost is the reason. Well, the verse in Hebrews says you also can't get it back once you lose it. How is this resolved? It's resolved if we see the Scriptures must be rightly divided as Paul talls us is the manner in Eph. 2. Hebrews is Ages To Come, Tribulation doctrine and we see people in the Tribulation taking the Mark of The Beast and getting eternal damnation for it. Sister, what can separate us from the love of Christ? The god worshiped in Freemasonry would like to think he can, he can't.

A personal note here Jassy: A man who don't love you more than his "career" ain't worth having. He may think being a Mason is going to help his "career"; they are just as cutthroat as any other fraternity. He could have left the Masons and still had a "career", I think he would have had a plus, and that plus would have been you. He made his decision and now has to live with it.

Many people join, as this ex-finacee' of yours, merely for expediency's sake in order to rise up the career ladder as you mention, or my grand dad, who thought he'd be able to merely help people. He quit, and nothing happened to him, my grand dad was a well liked man, and like Ananias in Acts 9, he received a well report among his fellow Christians, but you didn't mess with him.

An interesting thing in history to study is the link between Garibaldi in Italy, who founded both the Italian Masonry and the Sicilian Mafia. One thing in common runs through all these "secret" societies: They all have the same "secrets".

Grace and peace sister

Tony