AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Current Events (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pope Denounced as Antichrist (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7)

Graceismine 02-01-2008 09:42 PM

Pope Denounced as Antichrist

http://http://www.independent.ie/nat...w-1271826.html

Pope denounced as 'anti-Christ' in radio fire and brimstone row

By John Cooney
Wednesday January 23 2008

A new Messiah has risen to save the Protestant people of Ulster from the heretical snares of Rome and to keep the Pope, "the anti-Christ", out of the North.

An unholy row on yesterday's 'Joe Duffy show' began innocently enough, when the chief aide to Nigel Dodds, the North's Enterprise Minister, voiced his objections to the sale of Catholic rosary beads inside St Patrick's Cathedral, in Dublin.

Wallace Thompson challenged the Anglican Dean of St Patrick's, Dr Robert MacCarthy, for selling rosaries not sanctioned in Holy Scripture, in the cathedral gift shop.

The Dean explained that the beads were sold because the shop attracted visitors of all denominations, and revenue from the sales helped finance the cathedral's upkeep.

During an hour-long phone-in, Mr Thompson castigated these misguided papists for adhering to a corrupt church that demanded Protestant partners in a mixed marriage to surrender to their creed.

The temperature became as hot as the fires of hell when Mr Thompson pleaded with Irish Catholics to abandon their idolatrous prayer to the Virgin Mary.

Then Mr Thompson, speaking in a personal capacity, escalated his war of religions when he denounced the Pope as the anti-Christ and announced he would oppose plans to bring Benedict to the North.

"The Pope is the anti-Christ ... a lot of Protestants probably might not hold (that view) but it is still enshrined in the standards," he said.

"It is a strong statement to make, but in expressing those views I am not conflicting with the main teachings of the main churches," Mr Thompson thundered.

Oppose

The 54-year-old married father-of-three, who is a regular preacher across the North, and a member of the Independent Orange, went on to warn that true Protestants would totally oppose a papal visit.

SDLP Assembly member Dolores Kelly said Mr Thompson's fundamentalist language was a throwback to the North's troubled past.

"I don't think he has any right to deprive the people of the north, and in particular the Catholic population,of an opportunity to greet and meet their spiritual leader," she said.

Sinn Fein Assembly group leader, John O'Dowd, described Mr Thompson's comments as "deeply insulting to many, many people across this island".

Last night, a worldly wise DUP official was at pains to emphasise that Mr Thompson was not speaking in a political capacity.

jerry 02-02-2008 07:33 AM

Quote:

Sinn Fein Assembly group leader, John O'Dowd, described Mr Thompson's comments as "deeply insulting to many, many people across this island".
Good! Maybe being insulted will cause them to search the Scriptures and see that Catholicism is not found in there - except in the book of Revelation as the religion of the Antichrist, controlling the world from the city built on seven hills (Rome). Then challenge them to see what the Bible - not their religious traditions - teaches about how to be saved and how to live a life pleasing to the Lord.

sting of truth 02-20-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry (Post 55)
Good! Maybe being insulted will cause them to search the Scriptures and see that Catholicism is not found in there - except in the book of Revelation as the religion of the Antichrist, controlling the world from the city built on seven hills (Rome). Then challenge them to see what the Bible - not their religious traditions - teaches about how to be saved and how to live a life pleasing to the Lord.

you think they really care jerry.. when it comes down to it, ireland was pagan when the catholics got there, they adapted quite easilyto catholicism sincecatholicism is pagan to begin with, then they added celt pagan traditions to roman catholicism, and boom, you have a whole new type of paganism. them pagans beat them prods in the 90's.. they wanna be pagan, let em.. God'll cut em down.. i'm all for freedom of religion but at the same time i know roman catholicism will do everything in their power to take over a religiously free area and make it roman catholic.. i'd love to see all of ireland be a free nation, but if that happened then protestantism, and Christianity would both be forbidden on the continent:confused:

chette777 02-28-2008 05:35 AM

"vicar of Christ" literally translated means "in place of Christ" the greek word Anti and the Roman word vicar are the same in place of or opposed to. take your pick anyone who would use the Title "Vicar of Christ" minus wel use "anti christ" because it means the same thing.

Bibletotingunslinger 03-12-2008 07:56 PM

'Ceasefire undermined'

Israeli officials confirmed the raid, saying that they had intended to make arrests but opened fire when they saw that three of the militants were armed with assault rifles.

They blamed the Islamic Jihad militants for attacks on Israelis.

Palestinian officials from Islamic Jihad and Hamas denounced the operation.

"Islamic Jihad and the other resistance groups have the right to respond in any place to this crime of assassination and all options are open," said Dawud Shihab, an Islamic Jihad leader in Gaza.

"What the enemy has done undermines any talk of a ceasefire," he said.

Earlier on Wednesday, Israeli troops shot dead an Islamic Jihad militant near the northern West Bank town of Tulkarm.

There had been a lull in the Gaza violence over the last few days, with the Israeli military reducing operations in Gaza on Monday following a sharp drop in rocket fire from Palestinian militants.

Egypt has been working to broker an agreement.

On Wednesday, the Palestinian militant group Hamas set out its conditions for a truce, calling for an end to Israeli military operations in Gaza and the re-opening of its borders, in return for halting rocket attacks.

Bibletotingunslinger 03-12-2008 08:37 PM

Ceasefire undermined'

Israeli officials confirmed the raid, saying that they had intended to make arrests but opened fire when they saw that three of the militants were armed with assault rifles.

They blamed the Islamic Jihad militants for attacks on Israelis.

Palestinian officials from Islamic Jihad and Hamas denounced the operation.

"Islamic Jihad and the other resistance groups have the right to respond in any place to this crime of assassination and all options are open," said Dawud Shihab, an Islamic Jihad leader in Gaza.

"What the enemy has done undermines any talk of a ceasefire," he said.

Earlier on Wednesday, Israeli troops shot dead an Islamic Jihad militant near the northern West Bank town of Tulkarm.

There had been a lull in the Gaza violence over the last few days, with the Israeli military reducing operations in Gaza on Monday following a sharp drop in rocket fire from Palestinian militants.

Egypt has been working to broker an agreement.

Connie 03-13-2008 10:45 AM

Did you also know that the Latin form of "vicar of Christ" adds up to 666 if you count the letters in it that are also Roman Numerals? Try it. The Latin is

VICARIVS FILII DEI (literally, In the place of the Son of God)

V=5
I=1
C=100
I=1
V=5
I=1
L=50
I=1
I=1
D=500
I=1
________

I've heard that this Latin title for the Antichrist is carved on the Pope's throne or ceremonial chair or whatever it is, or the alternative story that it's on his fish-head shaped hat or mitre. Maybe it's on both.

jerry 03-13-2008 10:56 AM

I have read various statements that indicate it is stated on his mitre (hat).

That statement translates as "Vicar of the Son of God", not "Vicar of Christ" though.

Connie 03-13-2008 10:59 AM

I heard a different account of the history of Christianity in Ireland. I think I got it from an online history of Christianity but I'll have to check. This story is that Ireland was one of the very first places in Europe to be Christianized, as early as the 2nd century, before the Catholic church had corrupted the gospel, and that they were a very strong church that sent out missionaries to the mainland, and that apparently this situation prevailed for many centuries until the corrupted Roman church had taken over most of the churches that had been established in Europe, but that even then the Irish church resisted for a long time. When it was finally Romanized, for some reason it stuck harder there than it did in other places. I think I got this from Philip Schaff's History of the Christian Church which is online. All of Europe was pagan before it was transformed by the gospel, Ireland was certainly no worse than any other place.

jerry 03-13-2008 12:00 PM

Ireland was reached by Patrick with the true Gospel - of course, the RC religion later took him as their own and canonized him (made him a "saint"). I have not read a bio of him, but what little bits I have gleaned here and there have been interesting.

Connie 03-13-2008 12:21 PM

You're right, but Patrick was later than the 2nd century, so now I'm not sure where I got that information. I did just take a look at Schaff and he says Christianity did spread as early as the 2nd century to the Kelts, Gauls and some Germans but that the effects were transitory. I don't have the time to research it further right now but I'm sure I read somewhere about a very strong 2nd century Irish church, centered mostly in a monastery. Anyway, Patrick did do a great work of conversion on the Island. The Wikipedia article on him has a picture of a statue of him with that awful pope's mitre on his head.

jerry 03-13-2008 01:17 PM

Monasteries are part of the order of monks - therefore part of the RC church. There would have been none in the 2nd century.

Connie 03-13-2008 03:41 PM

As I understand it, it wasn't the same kind of monastery as the Roman church later took under their wing. It was more like a home for single men who had devoted their lives to spreading the gospel.

Never mind, I just read the article on the Celtic Church at Wikipedia which suggests I'd read something else that they are now disputing. Maybe I'll run across the source again, but for now it seems it was all part of the early medieval development of the Roman church, or at least that is the accepted view at the moment.

chette777 03-13-2008 05:33 PM

Connie try not to get to deeply involved with numerology. it was instructed by even early church Fathers Supposed Church fathers) in there time to the people not to number names. just about everyones name will in some way come back as 666.

Numerology is very New Age. when I was involved in that I used it al the time.

just live in faith in Christ Jesus every day and yield to the Holy Ghost when you want to number someones name.

God bless

Connie 03-13-2008 06:32 PM

I never thought of this as numerology and I've never seen any other convincing claim for a name to add up to 666. This one is amazing, using the very numbers built into the name because of the way Latin is constructed. And when I first learned this name I felt strongly it was from the Holy Spirit. I wasn't looking for it,

I don't do numerology, I don't sit around adding up names. Someone called me and told it to me, as a matter of fact during a period when I was seeking the Lord in a more intense way than usual.

Strictly speaking, it's not a name, not a personal name, it's a title, and the title all by itself says "Antichrist" as already pointed out.

What do YOU make of "the number of his name" if not something along these lines?

jerry 03-13-2008 08:12 PM

Connie, you are right on. Numerology is something entirely different. It is making some significance in a name based on the letters or number of letters. We are only using what God said. In Hebrew and Greek every letter equals a particular number - therefore it is easy to determine (at the right time) that the one-world leader that arises is in fact the Antichrist.

Connie 03-13-2008 08:27 PM

Thanks, Jerry. It actually upsets me a lot to have to think I'm doing anything New Age because I've spent the last dozen or so years trying to get out from under the charismatic influence and a previous indulgence in the occult and am myself by now pretty good at spotting anything New Age or demonic. Dangerous stuff. So that thought shakes me up. But I think there is good reason in this case to believe this is from the Lord.

Are the equivalences in Hebrew and Greek the same as in Latin where the way the letter is written is also the way the number is written?

chette777 03-14-2008 03:15 AM

Well the Bible does not go into instructions on numbering the man. but if chapter 17 of Revelations doesn't convince you without adding up viar of Christ to the numner 666 the the roman catholic church is in the heart of the Satanic plan of the anti-christ. we know that the anti-christ will claim to be christ.

the Bible no where tells people to add numbers to the scriptures. and the Scriptures already tell you the number is 666, the DeVince code uses numerology, the Kabala of the Hebrews uses it, New Age use it (using Latin, Greek and English letters with Values is numerology). yes they use it to see what type of fortune can be told but also to see who is a real teacher and who is false. all Popes us the title Vicar of Christ all of them are antiChrist and you don't need numbers to see that in the Bible. Vicar of Christ is the English transliteration of the Latin which means in Place of Christ which is the translitertion of the greek Anti Cristo some manuscripts have it Anti logos. but it is the same Anti-christ.

I am not implying you are New AGe but there are Devils behind it and if you expose yourself to deeply tryig to see if Adolf Hitler, Bill Clinton, Bill Gates or any other names come up 666 you are placing yourself in a room with Devils. so just be careful. By the way I saw a post that had all those names added up to 666.

God bless

jerry 03-14-2008 05:57 AM

Argue all you want Chette, but it is God Himself that tells us the Antichrist name adds up to 666 - so don't try to make people feel evil because they actually believe the Bible and believe that the Antichrist's name WILL add up to that number.

chette777 03-14-2008 11:17 PM

Jerry Rev. 13 is not instructing you or any Christian in this dispensation to count the number of his name.

I never said any one was evil either.

All it is you will open up doors of demonic source when doing numerology that is Counting the Numbers of a persons name. the only people who will need to count his name are not in this Dispensation. so first the counting of the Popes title in this dispensation wont help you identify the anti-christ for there are many. that instruction is for a Dispensation of Seven Years the is often called the Great Tribulation. If you or connie end up in that dispensation (may the Lord help you) then you have a reason to count numbers of names. and it will be revealed as in times past by someone of the 144 or the 2 witnesses as to your wisdom on how to number.

keep it in the dispensation and youall wont get messed up. count it in this dispensation you are practicing NUMEROLOGY which in this dispensation is DEMONIC

chette777 03-14-2008 11:28 PM

all you guys talk about the possitive thinking churches of taking all the promisses of the Jews and applying them to the church in this dispensation. but here you are applying a verse from the great tribulation (Rev 13) and applying it to the church or yourselves. you can't do that you're in just as much error in doing so as the emergent church is in building the kingdom and claiming all the promisses of the Jews.

Rightly dividing the word is a commandment.

jerry 03-14-2008 11:45 PM

Sorry, I don't believe in explaining away the Bible. Revelation 13 says that the Antichrist's name will add up to a certain number - I believe God.

chette777 03-15-2008 07:58 AM

I didn't explain the Bible Away I rightly divided it to show that He is not speaking to you or Connie to count the number of the mans name that will be put on all who accept him.

that is why it is unwise to count it in this dispensation. but give an instruction from Pauls writing to count the name and I will for it wold then be a doctrine for today.

counting the number is not for this dispensation. Just like some forms or tongues and prophecy are not for today. they will come back into play in the great tribulation.

if you use it today just like the Charismatics you will open yourself up to devils and deceptions.

blessing bro. but keep it divided properly and you wont do the wrong thing.

ziggy2sound4u 04-02-2008 05:07 PM

Brothers and Sisters, I would wish that catholics would read their Bibles.
Even their false versions carry enough truth to tell them they ought to run, not walk out of their "churches"!

Consider this:Christ IS Against the pope!
“But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. BUT IT SHALL NOT BE SO AMONG YOU: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; and whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:” (Matt. 20:25-27)

“Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, NOT BY CONSTRAINT, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of ready mind; Neither AS BEING LORDS OVER GOD'S HERITAGE, but being ensamples to the flock.” (I Peter 5:2-3)
Constraint: Greek; anankastos, to force, by compulsion, a must.
Lords: Greek; Katakyrieuo, subdue, gain dominion over; there is an implication that this authority is hash.

Yet, popes have ruled with an iron fist, in DIRECT opposition to Jesus' Words.

ziggy2sound4u 04-02-2008 05:17 PM

Brother Jerry, Somewhere on the net, I read how the pope=666.
I am not sure where.
However ALL the reformers and Baptists in the past refered to the popes as Antichrist.

Here are some other interesting historical facts I have unearthed:

The Popes call themselves "Vicar of Christ". In Latin; "Vicarius Christos". Vicarius means "substitute". In the Greek; "Antichristos". In English; Antichrist. BEWARE!
The title of the Pope is "Pontifex Maximas", is the same title as held by ancient Roman Emperors. In historical times the Pontifex Maximas was in charge of consecration of temples to the gods, the worship of the dead, and the choosing of vestal virgins for the service of the goddess Vesta.

Research the word Vatican in many Latin - English / English - Latin dictionaries, or encyclopedias, and you will likely find that Vatican City and St. Peter's Basilica of the Roman Catholic Church were built upon what was called in Latin vaticanus mons or vaticanus collis. The words mons and collis mean hill or mountain.

The head of the Mithraic faith was called (Pater Patrum), ``Father of the Fathers'', and was seated at Rome; and similarly the head of Catholic Church was the Papa or ``Father'', now known as the Pope, who is also seated at Rome. The Pope's crown is called a tiara, but a tiara is of Persian origin, and hence perhaps a Mithraic, headdress.

The ancient chair preserved in the Vatican and supposed to have been the pontifical throne used by St.Peter, is in reality of pagan origin, and may possibly be Mithraic also,for it has upon it certain pagan carvings which are thought to be connected with Mithra.

Purgatory is of Pagan origin:In pagan Egypt, substantially the same doctrine of purgatory was taught. But once this doctrine of purgatory was admitted into the popular mind, then the door was opened to all manner of priestly extortions.

In pagan Greece the doctrine of a purgatory was taught by the very chief of the philosophers. Thus Plato, speaking of the future judgment of the dead, holds out the hope of final deliverance for all, but maintains that, of "those who are judged," some must first "proceed to a subterranean place of judgment, where they shall sustain the punishment they have deserved.

In pagan Rome, purgatory was also held up before the minds of men. Virgil, celebrated poet of pagan Rome, described its different tortures.
In all pagan religions the case is the same. In Tartary, "The Gurjumi, or prayers for the dead," says the ASIATIC JOURNAL, "are very expensive."

Be rest assurred, that catholicism is pagan in origin and Antichrist in nature.
It is no wonder that John did "marvel"!
Looks Christian, yet is not!

jerry 04-02-2008 11:33 PM

Interesting stuff!

Pastor Mikie 04-03-2008 08:43 AM

When I taught on Revelation, after studying Revelation 17 & 18, since the pope isn't of Jewish ancestry (at least this one isn't that I'm aware of):

Daniel 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

It would stand to reason he would at least be the false prophet.

jerry 04-03-2008 10:33 AM

He doesn't have to be Jewish to fulfill that verse. In fact, Daniel 9 teaches that he will make a covenant with the Jews for seven years - that tells me he is not a Jew or not a whole Jew (ie. part Jew, part some other nationality).

Pastor Mikie 04-03-2008 11:24 AM

I agree. It's very possible he will be a Syrian-Jew.

Revelation 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

This could also indicate his multi-ethnicity. Why not, with all the "political-correctness" that seems to be its own religion?

The pope?

Revelation 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Revelation 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

jerry 04-03-2008 11:39 AM

Revelation 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

If you compare Revelation with Daniel, you will see the leopard represents Greece, the bear Medo-Persia, and the lion Babylon. The endtime religion will have elements of the religion of these other world empires (matter of fact, when each empire went off the scene, the next one took and adapted the religion that was before it - the Roman Catholic religion is simply pagan babylon in a slightly different form).

Pastor Mikie 04-03-2008 12:55 PM

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

I still believe this is speaking about an individual because of the context of the passage. I'm aware of the passage in Daniel you refer to. But that doesn't look like the same personage spoken of in Revelation.

jerry 04-03-2008 01:29 PM

I was not referring to a person in Daniel, but to a vision, where each kingdom was portrayed as a beast. This endtime Babylon has character traits of each of those beasts (as well as carries on the religion of each).

Yes, the Antichrist is a person who rules a one-world empire. The seven heads are the seven empires that went before, according to Revelation seventeen: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, Endtimes Rome, and the Antichrist's final empire (seven year rule).

Revelation 17:9-11 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

stephanos 05-11-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chette777 (Post 1727)
Jerry Rev. 13 is not instructing you or any Christian in this dispensation to count the number of his name.

I never said any one was evil either.

All it is you will open up doors of demonic source when doing numerology that is Counting the Numbers of a persons name. the only people who will need to count his name are not in this Dispensation. so first the counting of the Popes title in this dispensation wont help you identify the anti-christ for there are many. that instruction is for a Dispensation of Seven Years the is often called the Great Tribulation. If you or connie end up in that dispensation (may the Lord help you) then you have a reason to count numbers of names. and it will be revealed as in times past by someone of the 144 or the 2 witnesses as to your wisdom on how to number.

keep it in the dispensation and youall wont get messed up. count it in this dispensation you are practicing NUMEROLOGY which in this dispensation is DEMONIC

And this is why I'm not a dispensationalist. I think it would be wise for you to quit telling people that this or that part of the Scriptures is not for them.

If you study the Ante-Nicene fathers you will see that nearly all of them were doing this very thing. Were our church fathers demonic?

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen

joshjefflawn 06-06-2008 02:47 PM

Amen in deed, It sure is great to see a person in public denounce the most Hellish Father, as Luther put it once. I realize that Pope Benedict the Worst, oh I mean Arnold may not be thee anti-christ, but hes doing a fine job of playing his part till he gets here.
I also denounce that hellish father. When that pot bellied liqure headed batchlor came to My country, the USA, and was soluted by the people, greeted as Father by my President (who a year or to before greeted him as sir by the way, when he went to the vatican.)and then blasphemed my Lord Jesus Christ in my country by preforming Mass at two American Baseball Stadiums (you can not get much more american than Basebal, especialy the YANKEES (go Dodgers)), that made me furious:mad: That Devil has no place here in America, he can keep his rat claws off our soil. He is up to no good, and we don't need him coming in here and bringing with him curses from the Devil.
I want our Country to be blessed By God, and if we go and become friends with rome, and then turn our backs of Israel, you can kiss this great land goodby, because God will not put up with that.

chette777 06-14-2008 10:31 PM

Stephanos,

Dispensation is in the KJV. and wrongly dividing you make all dotrine applicable today.

Saying that.

Can I borrow your house for the next Month? You can't say NO now because it is in the scriptures that I can ask you to borrow and you will have to conceed it or face judgement.

Search the scriptures until you find it. and tell me if this is applicable to you today or not? if you can't find it I will give you the Bible address later.

No I am sorry I will not stop telling people to rightly divide the word of truth.

chette777 06-15-2008 11:53 PM

Stephanos,

go to general chit chat forum and look under the Word of God post.