AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prayer Requests (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   My faith and my wife. (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877)

cb6445 05-12-2009 08:10 PM

Well, brother, the only thing I kinda agree on your wife with is being against religion. Religion will get you nowhere!! I am a member and worship at a Ind. Fund. Baptist Church (Pre-Millenial, KJO), and the only reason for that is b/c they (not all) are closer to the truth of God's Word (KJV), than any other "denomination" I know of. If there was any other that believed closer to God's Word, I would be in that church!! I have to tell you, brother, get the focus off "religion" and focus on Christ and your relationship with him. Most important thing, would be for you to humble yourself before the Lord in prayer. Get somewhere you can be alone and PRAY!! Then, PRAY some more. Keep your head stuck in your King James Bible!! Then, I'd get my tail in a fire breathin, Ind., Fund., KJO, Baptist Church!! And invite your wife! At this point, if she gets mad, she's just gonna have to get mad and get over it!! Be the man God has called you to be as the head of your household (Eph 5: 23) and keep Christ as your focus! Pray for her as well, that she will be the wife she is commanded to be (Eph 5: 24). Stay faithful and continue to seek the Lord, if it be God's will, she will follow you as you follow Christ (Read 1Cor 7 and 1Peter 3). If she does leave, God forbid, all you can do is continue to pray and stay faithful to Christ and trust that the Lord will take care of everything for you!! Rom 8: 28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." If you are truly born again, then that is you in the previous verse (the called). So, just remain faithful and trust in Christ, and whatever the outcome with your wife or anything else may be, rest easy knowing it is God's will. You have to take care of you first, brother. The best thing you can do for your wife is pray for her and live for Christ in front of her! By the Grace of God, she'll follow!! I will put you and your wife on our prayer list. Don't forget, the help you need is (primarily) gonna have to come from prayer and your King James Bible, not this forum!! "...yea, let God be true, but every man a liar;..." (Rom 3: 24). While that are mostly sincere, kind, caring, brothers on this forum that really can and want to help, the ultimate response is gonna point you to your King James Bible and the only one who can help you....the LORD!!!! God Bless!!

Also, what part of AL you in? I'd be happy to help you find a good church! I know some people in Middle and North AL.

buzzoff1031 05-12-2009 08:31 PM

I live in Tuscaloosa.

cb6445 05-13-2009 08:03 PM

Brother

Would it be possible for me to get your contact info (email, cell, home, etc.)? I am going to have the pastor at Bible Baptist Church in Tuscaloosa call you. A preacher friend of mine in Birmingham recommended him and I've been emailing him back and forth and he sounds like a great guy. I didn't tell him your situation, because I didn't know if you wanted me to. If you're uncomfortable giving out your info to me, I can give you his contact info. Just email me. My email address is on my profile here. Been prayin for you, brother. Keep prayin, too!

katie ha-lakh 05-25-2009 06:28 PM

Repentance

Hi all,

I think I understand what you are all saying about repentance. I believe we need to admit our sins and that they are wrong (regret them) before we come to Christ. And in doing so, we must repent (turn away) from them. I don't think turning away means that you will never do them again. I think it means that you never want to, you understand that the actions/thoughts etc. are corrupt and cannot be found in heaven. If we can't repent, then we don't know what Jesus died for. In that moment, turning your back on sin, you are starting a new life. That isn't to say that you won't mess up, but Christ wants to help you stop and you are professing that you will let Him. Just pray for the strength! You know God wants to give it to you!

I found this definition on this site:

REPENTANCE

REPENT'ANCE, n.

1. Sorrow for any thing done or said; the pain or grief which a person experiences in consequence of the injury or inconvenience produced by his own conduct.

2. In theology, the pain, regret or affliction which a person feels on account of his past conduct, because it exposes him to punishment. This sorrow proceeding merely from the fear of punishment, is called legal repentance, as being excited by the terrors of legal penalties, and it may exist without an amendment of life.

3. Real penitence; sorrow or deep contrition for sin, as an offense and dishonor to God, a violation of his holy law, and the basest ingratitude towards a Being of infinite benevolence. This is called evangelical repentance, and is accompanied and followed by amendment of life.

Repentance is a change of mind, or a conversion from sin to God.

Godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation. 2Cor. 7. Matt. 3.

Repentance is the relinquishment of any practice, from conviction that it has offended God.

Definition from Webster's American Dictionary of the English Language, 1828.
Previous word: repent. Next word: repenting.

"From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. " Matthew 4:17

God Bless you and your wife, please keep us updated.

Jassy 05-26-2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 (Post 14314)
I also wanted to add that, as of now, I still don't go to church. I allow any doctrine or belief that comes across to influence me. I want to know I'm saved, and I want my wife (who's completely against religion) to be saved with me. What must I do?

What must I do?

This brings to mind Acts 16:30, after the guard brought Silas and Paul out of the prison, he asked, "...Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

In verse 30 is the very simple answer: "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

A lot of people question it, doubt it - 'Is that really all it takes to be saved? What do I DO???'

For salvation? NOTHING - just believe. The evidence of your faith comes later. There are no FEELINGS involved. People think they'll miraculously FEEL a tremendous change. That change is ongoing. It takes time, as we trust more and more in the Lord and release our own will and allow HIS will to reign in our life. Everyone grows at their own pace. Milk changes to meat, when the time is right.

As far as your wife goes - the worst thing you can do is "preach" at her. I think a loved one is more easily convinced by our behavior, than by our words. Let the Word of God be the words that she wants to hear, once she sees the new JOY that you have. As you grow in your Christian life, those fruits of the spirit become more visible.

Honestly, I wouldn't put finding a church as a huge priority. It's wonderful to find a group of true Christians - yet sooooooo many churches today are truly maligning God's Word with their own man-made doctrines and tenets of faith. I feel much more solid in my faith by reading and studying the Bible on my own, than when I try to search out a church and see the lies that come from the pulpits. I'm not against church attendance - but I would think that being misled in a wrong church with unbiblical leadership would be much worse than reading the Bible and studying to "shew thyself approved..."

I'll be praying for you and your wife brother!

Jassy

Brother Tim 05-26-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Honestly, I wouldn't put finding a church as a huge priority.
Jassy, I have to disagree with you here, not by opinion, but by mandate. Hebrews 10:25 says, "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." The assembling is the church. The numbers are not required, and neither is complete agreement. Consider the third letter of John. There was a church with an obviously ungodly influential member (possibly even an elder), Diotrephes. Yet John did not encourage Gaius to separate from the church, though correction of the problem was needed and planned.
Quote:

3 John 1:9-10 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
Yes, it is important to stand strong on your convictions, and not associate with those who reject them, but to avoid church altogether is not spiritually healthy. If no church in your area can meet with enough of your doctrine to be suitable, then move or start a church with like-minded believers.

Jassy 05-27-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tim (Post 20699)
Jassy, I have to disagree with you here, not by opinion, but by mandate. Hebrews 10:25 says, "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." The assembling is the church. The numbers are not required, and neither is complete agreement. Consider the third letter of John. There was a church with an obviously ungodly influential member (possibly even an elder), Diotrephes. Yet John did not encourage Gaius to separate from the church, though correction of the problem was needed and planned.

Yes, it is important to stand strong on your convictions, and not associate with those who reject them, but to avoid church altogether is not spiritually healthy. If no church in your area can meet with enough of your doctrine to be suitable, then move or start a church with like-minded believers.

Brother Tim,

Thank you for the correction. I was probably thinking too much of my own situation here. I would love to be able to assemble together with like-minded believers in the KJV. Can't seem to find any! People have been hostile towards the KJV and become very defensive about their other versions, giving a lot of excuses about why they are better or necessary in "today's times."

Of course, for me a lot of the reason is being deaf.

So I really appreciate your correction and I see that it wasn't a good idea to recommend not going to church.

Jassy

biblereader 05-27-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tim (Post 20699)

I have to say I agree with you, Brother Tim. I used to think I was supposed to stay away from church altogether, and for a while, I did. Then, when I started back, I was so happy to be around other believers. It really DOES do a body good to be physically around other church members. Plus, who knows? Jesus might/probably does have a special work for me to do, in the church proper.

biblereader 05-27-2009 06:14 PM

and the only reason for that is b/c they (not all) are closer to the truth of God's Word (KJV), than any other "denomination" I know of. If there was any other that believed closer to God's Word, I would be in that church!!

Exactly! The only reason I'm going to this church now, that I attend, is because no other church in this WHOLE CITY, that I know of, preaches anything close to the truth, and no one uses the KJV bible only. Well, I did find out about one preacher, I might check him out soon.
But, yes, we really do benefit from being in person with other church members.
Sometimes we get so alone, that we can't see straight, as Jesus wants us to. It is not good for man to be alone. God said that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cb6445 (Post 19661)
Well, brother, the only thing I kinda agree on your wife with is being against religion. Religion will get you nowhere!! I am a member and worship at a Ind. Fund. Baptist Church (Pre-Millenial, KJO), and the only reason for that is b/c they (not all) are closer to the truth of God's Word (KJV), than any other "denomination" I know of. If there was any other that believed closer to God's Word, I would be in that church!! I have to tell you, brother, get the focus off "religion" and focus on Christ and your relationship with him. Most important thing, would be for you to humble yourself before the Lord in prayer. Get somewhere you can be alone and PRAY!! Then, PRAY some more. Keep your head stuck in your King James Bible!! Then, I'd get my tail in a fire breathin, Ind., Fund., KJO, Baptist Church!! And invite your wife! At this point, if she gets mad, she's just gonna have to get mad and get over it!! Be the man God has called you to be as the head of your household (Eph 5: 23) and keep Christ as your focus! Pray for her as well, that she will be the wife she is commanded to be (Eph 5: 24). Stay faithful and continue to seek the Lord, if it be God's will, she will follow you as you follow Christ (Read 1Cor 7 and 1Peter 3). If she does leave, God forbid, all you can do is continue to pray and stay faithful to Christ and trust that the Lord will take care of everything for you!! Rom 8: 28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." If you are truly born again, then that is you in the previous verse (the called). So, just remain faithful and trust in Christ, and whatever the outcome with your wife or anything else may be, rest easy knowing it is God's will. You have to take care of you first, brother. The best thing you can do for your wife is pray for her and live for Christ in front of her! By the Grace of God, she'll follow!! I will put you and your wife on our prayer list. Don't forget, the help you need is (primarily) gonna have to come from prayer and your King James Bible, not this forum!! "...yea, let God be true, but every man a liar;..." (Rom 3: 24). While that are mostly sincere, kind, caring, brothers on this forum that really can and want to help, the ultimate response is gonna point you to your King James Bible and the only one who can help you....the LORD!!!! God Bless!!

Also, what part of AL you in? I'd be happy to help you find a good church! I know some people in Middle and North AL.

biblereader 05-27-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanos (Post 14353)
Your wife must submit to you as you submit to Christ Jesus.

Your wife must realize that as a man, and spiritual leader of the home, you have a responsibility to do what is right for that home. But I must warn you, that you mustn't fall into the sin that Adam fell into. Don't let your wife drag you down if that's what she's ultimately going to do.

Stephanos, I was married for years to a lost spouse, and believe me, lost spouses won't submit to ANYthing from the bible. It makes them angrier, and that doesn't produce good fruit.
His wife SHOULD realize that he's the head, but, being lost, she sure won't.
The best thing to do is pray, and to live your life in such a way that she sees Jesus in you and hears love from you. We are unlovable before we're saved, and I said that, because I know I was an idiot before I was saved, and sometimes after too, but, we're commanded to love the unlovable.
Talk about a HARD thing to do, that's one of them.