AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bible Studies (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Question: Sin in every day (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515)

fundy 10-02-2008 04:25 PM

A question or two for wwjd.usa,

If it were possible to not sin for a whole day, why not two? or three? ...surely giving up sin completely would just be a matter of time and effort on the part of the (ex) sinner, just like giving up smoking or drinking...one day at a time until you are "clean"?

Once you had defeated sin, the original curse would no longer have a hold on you, would this mean you would never have to die and face judgement? or would the sins that you commited before you defeated sin still condem you?
or, now being perfect by your own effort, would you then have the ability to forgive yourself of those earler sins as well?

Once you have achieved this state of perfection, would you even need the Bible? as most of it would not apply to you anymore...especially the bit about Jesus dying for your sins....a sacrifice now totally redundant.

:confused::confused::confused:

fundy

wwjd.usa 10-02-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fundy (Post 8821)
A question or two for wwjd.usa,

If it were possible to not sin for a whole day, why not two? or three? ...surely giving up sin completely would just be a matter of time and effort on the part of the (ex) sinner, just like giving up smoking or drinking...one day at a time until you are "clean"?

Once you had defeated sin, the original curse would no longer have a hold on you, would this mean you would never have to die and face judgement? or would the sins that you commited before you defeated sin still condem you?
or, now being perfect by your own effort, would you then have the ability to forgive yourself of those earler sins as well?

Once you have achieved this state of perfection, would you even need the Bible? as most of it would not apply to you anymore...especially the bit about Jesus dying for your sins....a sacrifice now totally redundant.

:confused::confused::confused:

fundy

You know, if you look at the example of David, you will see that he did not sin and was close to God most of the time, but not always. Once he has reached this state of perfect, Saten sent him temptations. Some temptations he defeated, and he did not sin at that time, while into other temptations he fell, and ended up sinning. Some temptations, he fell double time, like he fell into a temptation, and commited adultry. Then the double fall, is when David has killed the husband of that female in order to marry the female. (2 Samuel 11)

whenever we defeat temptations that come to us throughout all day long, we have lived a day without sin. If we live for five days without sinning, then usually we are not as much on the guard against the Devil. Once we are not so much on our guard, it is easier saten to tempt us, and to make us sin.

John 13
"10Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

11For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean."

Whenever Jesus refers to clean, he refers that the disciples lived without sin at that time

wwjd.usa 10-02-2008 05:03 PM

Thank you all for answering my question.

to Forrest
You need to quit your job and start writing Christian books and novels, since you know the Greek language so well

I wanted to say that one time, I started fasting a long time, a very long time. Whenever I fasted, Saten was trying to send me temptations, but God helped me defeat the temptations. Durring the fast and some time after the fast, it seemed to me, that I did not sin at all. (This includes sinning through thoughts). Especially after the fast, for some time, there wasn't even a bad thought that came to my mind. You know, I did not think selfish, but rather, I felt like I need to go out to the world, make everyone's life good and make everyone peaceful.

I heard other people say that it's impossible to go one day without sin. So this is why I asked this question.

Once again, thanks to all for participating and I have received an answer to my question.

Forrest 10-02-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjd.usa (Post 8822)
Thank you all for answering my question.

to Forrest
You need to quit your job and start writing Christian books and novels, since you know the Greek language so well

I heard other people say that it's impossible to go one day without sin. So this is why I asked this question.

Once again, thanks to all for participating and I have received an answer to my question.

Come on, Brother. I Know nothing, am nothing, can do nothing, or recieve nothing apart from Christ. I used Spiros Zodhiates dictionary on greek words only for clarification. But in no way do I stand on definitions or believe they are necessary for understanding or perceiving and discerning the meaning of Holy Scripture. I think the Word stands on its own.

Why do I sometimes use greek definitions provided by men? Basically, I enjoy it when the definition lines up with what the Holy Spirit has already taught me through the Word.

What happens if the definition does not line up with what the Spirit has revealed to me through the Word? I keep my mouth shut until I'm prompted to speak. Even then, I still don't always get it right.

I gave sincere thought and careful prayer and consideration to your question. But all we need is the Word and the indwelling Holy Spirit!

fundy 10-02-2008 09:52 PM

Quote by wwjd.usa.."whenever we defeat temptations that come to us throughout all day long, we have lived a day without sin. If we live for five days without sinning, then usually we are not as much on the guard against the Devil. Once we are not so much on our guard, it is easier saten to tempt us, and to make us sin.''

What do you expect to gain by living the occasional sinless day/ week?

fundy

Luke 10-03-2008 03:40 AM

wwjd.usa,

Why are you using the word perfection like it is something you can attain to?

Romans 3:23 still applies to you.

We are saved by Christ's righteousness, not our own.

Even if you go a day without sinning, that does not erase sins in the past. It does not hide sin.

You are basically saying that a man can be justified by the law. If that be so, then the reward is of debt, and not of grace. Romans 4:4.

Levite-7 10-03-2008 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (Post 8781)
This is saying that Christ's works on the cross isn't enought to keep us saved, and we must do it by living righteously. When you become a part of God's family, you're there forever. He's not going to send you to Hell because you die with unconfessed sin. When He washed you in the blood, He washed you forever my brother. Jesus said that he that is cleansed need only to wash his feet, implying that we are still clean, save our feet. Bottom line: You cannoy lose your salvation by anything you do or do not do, or anyway at all! Salvation is eternal.

hi~

that's an interesting connection with the washing of the feet, beautiful symbolism ~ gives more appreciation for the Word, for it never ceases to amaze me. :) it's feels true, the LORD seeks such to worship Him, in spirit & in truth. the Holy Bible is clear that we are all sinners & have come short of the glory of God. even if we go forth & sin no more, we are still guilty as sinners since we bear the record of sins.

it is the faith in the risen Christ & personal sanctification walking through the symbolic type of the Tabernacle that shall redeem us from sin at the last day. yea, i know the Word well & do what i can to be sanctified, but i'm still a sinner as written in the Word of the most Holy. thank the LORD for His great mercy upon us all.

~levite-7

Scott Simons 10-03-2008 05:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleoftheway (Post 8369)
You need to focus on the next verse
1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Do you think John is talking to non-believers or believers?

You are on seriously dangerous ground to say you are perfect.
We will only attain perfection when we reach Heaven, until then we are all a bunch of sinners saved by Grace through faith and that faith is what gets us by until out PERFECT LORD Jesus Christ calls us home or comes for us.

Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

These people look like they are pretty close.

I heard someone once say can you go a day without sinning? How about an Hour? How about a minute, well live your life minute by minute, then.

One should strife to enter into God’s rest and live there lives in his favor, to attack WWJD like a pack of wolves, calling him a liar for questioning a point of direction that the Lord called us to walk in, is weird.

I always wonder why someone claims to be a sinner saved by grace, if Jesus took all your sin how much do you have, if he has washed you clean of all your sin, how much do you have?

1 Peter 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
Are you righteous or ungodly and a sinner?

Luke 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,………

Which are you a righteous man or a sinner?

Oh, I get it you are a righteous sinner. That makes me sick!

Yes we stumble, does folly besiege us, have we sinned, yes, but are we sinners or righteous?

Let me ask you something peopleoftheway have you every told a lie? Does that make you a lair? Have you every got drunk? Does that make you a drunk?
Has a righteous man ever sinned? Well how is it then a righteous man is now a sinner?

Before you start calling people lairs, you better look under your own bed.

peopleoftheway 10-03-2008 08:26 AM

First of Scott

Thanks for that, I hope you feel better now getting that anger of your chest.

Quote:

One should strife to enter into God’s rest and live there lives in his favor, to attack WWJD like a pack of wolves, calling him a liar for questioning a point of direction that the Lord called us to walk in, is weird.
Quote:

Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

These people look like they are pretty close
Follow after perfection, Christ is perfect follow him, strive toward perfection, not become perfect.

Quote:

I always wonder why someone claims to be a sinner saved by grace, if Jesus took all your sin how much do you have, if he has washed you clean of all your sin, how much do you have?
Now you listen very carefully here as I shall say this to you only the once.
I sin every day, I struggle with sin every day, sin almost ended my life many days when I was not right with God. The LORD JESUS CHRIST saved me from my sins, those that I had done, am doing and will do. My soul is bought and payed for, but in this mortal life sin is ever present and all around and I will stumble and I will fall, and my LORD will forgive me and I will get back on my feet and keep following the path of righteousness.

Proverbs 24:16
For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
Ecclesiastes 7:20
For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Quote:

Which are you a righteous man or a sinner?

Oh, I get it you are a righteous sinner. That makes me sick!

Yes we stumble, does folly besiege us, have we sinned, yes, but are we sinners or righteous?
There is a certain hissss behind that statement and the subtle sting of venom. I do not apologies for making you sick, to claim I am saved by the Blood of Christ and I still sin.

Quote:

Let me ask you something peopleoftheway have you every told a lie? Does that make you a lair? Have you every got drunk? Does that make you a drunk?
Has a righteous man ever sinned? Well how is it then a righteous man is now a sinner?

Before you start calling people lairs, you better look under your own bed.
Yes I have lied, and yes it made me a liar, and I asked my Saviour to forgive me. Yes I have got drunk, I was a drunk and yes that made me a drunk. David was a righteous man and he sinned, Moses was a righteous man and he sinned, Noah walked with God and he sinned.

Your posts are fueled with venom Scott, I don't know if you just have something against me but It sure seems that way.
As the Bible commands I will ask for another witness to back up your accusation that makes you sick.

Josh 10-03-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjd.usa (Post 8822)
...John 13
"10Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

11For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean."

Whenever Jesus refers to clean, he refers that the disciples lived without sin at that time

This has nothing to do with them living sinless lives, it's about them being justified by their faith in Christ.