AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Coming soon to a church near you! (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1233)

KingSolomon1611 05-10-2009 08:30 PM

Coming soon to a church near you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfxa_...e=channel_page

Hayseed 05-11-2009 04:44 AM

:cool:
I can't see it happening here in the church I attend,but in some of the city churches maybe,I'm in NZ by the way..The dresses and suit didn't go with the dance routine ... but I don't like this sort of thing anyway.I don't think it is Godly.

peopleoftheway 05-11-2009 05:17 AM

Just another example of "entertainment" to bring in the lost, replacing the word of God with song and dance routines will only keep people entertained for an hour, but will it keep their very souls out of hell, NO.
I would much rather see people cringe under the conviction of the Holy Ghost and get saved under the preaching of Gods word rather than cringe watching this farce and have no affect on their very salvation.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Biblestudent 05-11-2009 05:34 AM

I've always told my church, as long as I live, nothing like that would happen in our church. The next generation will have to fight their own battle; and I have my own this generation. I'm still not convinced that this thing is compatible with Biblical Christianity and Godly worship. But I always warn them; it's "coming soon" (and not just in theaters); sooner or later, it will be "now showing". :tsk:

Jeremy 05-11-2009 11:54 AM

The only thing needed now is the fairy dust.:pound:

Entertainment is not coming,it is already here. Finding salvation,well, that's another thing.

Mark 11v15 And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;

16 And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.

17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

18 And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.

This is what Jesus thought about moneychangers in the temple.
So how different is it for entertainment?

Brother Tim 05-11-2009 12:38 PM

For a while, our evening service was over early (so the old folks could get home before dark). My wife and I decided we weren't done with "church" for the day and started attending some of the area "Bible-believing" churches. Some were eliminated quickly when the preacher started "misquoting" the text. Others did not appeal for various reasons. One church not far from us had a young pastor that was very passionate with his preaching. He used the KJB and was instrumental in the rapid growth of his church. We started going more regularly, because we found the church to be enjoyable to attend just as "average Christians".

THEN...

One night they had a talent show during the evening service. One of the groups performing was a group of teen-age girls clogging to a country-style "christian" song. Their costumes consisted of tee-shirts and jeans (not loose-fitting!). If you know anything about clogging, you will understand that when they faced the audience, one part was bouncing quite noticeably, and then when they turned away from the audience, the other part was likewise bouncing. I looked down at my feet as soon as I saw the first action, and after glancing to see if it had subsided (which did not happen), I spent the rest of the song staring at my shoes. We never returned.

That church has been struggling with one problem after another as so many "new" members came in looking to be entertained that they dragged down the strong witness the church once had.

Greektim 05-11-2009 03:20 PM

In a way, it was funny. Not only was the "song and dance" cheesey as all get out, it was dishonoring to the Lord. So as quickly as I started laughing, I stopped thinking that this is how the world is now percieving mainline "Christianity." I just have one question for that church...why? Ok...one more...what were you thinking?

Brother Tim 05-11-2009 03:27 PM

I am curious as to what was in the minds of the performers. Were they actually thinking that they were representing Christ as their song implies?

Hey, GT... Would you like to guess what Bible is used in that church? :pizza:

Greektim 05-12-2009 04:54 AM

I would love to know. If anyone can find out what church that was, we can do some research. I will grant you that it was probably not a church where the KJ is used.

Brother Jerry 05-12-2009 10:01 AM

My initial reaction to "praise dancing" was not good.

Brother Tim 05-12-2009 10:08 AM

I can imagine that the LORD's reaction was not good either! :tsk:

(except, of course, for the real stuff, David, etc)

Brother Jerry 05-12-2009 10:28 AM

It seems anything goes these days as long as you put the word "praise" in front of it.

Brother Tim 05-12-2009 12:15 PM

How does one tell the difference between a true public praise and and false praise? Simple, when the praise demonstration has ended, where is the focus of the observer?

ChaplainPaul 05-13-2009 10:53 AM

I've not seen "praise dancing" done in a way that I was inclined to believe it was pleasing to the Lord, although I'd have to say I suppose I just haven't seen it. What I have seen is a group of Pentecostal ladies (calling themselves Hands of Praise) clothe themselves in choir robes and do sign language to a couple of songs. That was very powerful. I think I have part of it on video, and if I find it, I'll post it somewhere. They did it for a Christmas party last year for our juvenile correctional facility. My perception was that it honored the Lord greatly.

ChaplainPaul 05-13-2009 11:30 AM

Bless the Lord

I found one on YouTube that shows exactly what we had here at the Christmas party. Notice the people's response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AECDm9XohtU

Brother Tim 05-13-2009 12:32 PM

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! :amen:
:dance:

Luke 05-13-2009 05:42 PM

http://www.evangelcathedral.net/

Now this is what's coming!

This is the MOST INTENSE website intro I have EVER seen.

But after you get past that, the actual page has this massive wailing guitar on it. I feel like I am watching Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Click on the Camelot link on the left hand side to be treated to a presentation of this Cathedral's great ministry.

chette777 05-13-2009 06:37 PM

Is praise dancing taught or practiced by Paul or anyone in the early church?

This is where dispensational division comes in.

ChaplainPaul 05-13-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 19710)
http://www.evangelcathedral.net/

Now this is what's coming!

This is the MOST INTENSE website intro I have EVER seen.

But after you get past that, the actual page has this massive wailing guitar on it. I feel like I am watching Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Click on the Camelot link on the left hand side to be treated to a presentation of this Cathedral's great ministry.

WOW!
I've never seen anything like that, secular or not. Very intense and obviously a lot of time and skill went into it. "Over the top" just isn't adequate to describe it. It's certainly for the younger crowd. I wonder, did they do that with Flash?

Luke 05-13-2009 07:32 PM

Yeah, it's 110% flash. There is so much flash in that site, it's a wonder the military haven't used it as an counter-terrorist weapon.

Technically, it's well done. But it's so over the top.

Also, I love how the church has a restaurant in it too...

(BTW: It's a hugely charasmatic church, tongues as evidence of salvation etc).

Luke 05-13-2009 07:43 PM

http://www.iccm-1.org/

Here is another one.. it looks familiar.. just as intense.

The site itself is a huge advert for 501c3 churches....

peopleoftheway 05-14-2009 01:27 AM

Those websites are way to extreme for a Church, now if they were advertising games or similar its right up that street, but a Church, no way. Those Charismatics really don't stop at bombarding the "senses" with intense "emotional" appeal. The site is well designed, I am designing Chettes new site in flash, but its a little more sedate. Those two websites could trigger epilepsy in some people.

Jude 1:17-19 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

ChaplainPaul 05-14-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleoftheway (Post 19744)
Those two websites could trigger epilepsy in some people.

Hahaha! You're right! They should have a disclaimer before entering the site!

Hayseed 05-14-2009 10:37 PM

I actually didn't mind that one,it had impact was not offensive to me and it came across with conviction for The Lord's workers in the field.

That's my take on that one Luke.it could have been worse and made me cringe,but it didn't.

peopleoftheway 05-15-2009 05:59 AM

The second website Is pentecostal / charismatic, their statement of faith includes tongues and healing.:bolt:

Hayseed 05-15-2009 10:30 PM

ooook...not good.

Brother Tim 05-16-2009 02:29 PM

After doing a bit of research with the help of the one who put the clip on YouTube, this is an article regarding the organization where the performance in post#1 took place. The name of the organization is "The Way International". There is a website for the organization, and on that website, the quotes are from the KJB, however, the information within the website indicates that the organization is not KJBO. The article claims that the founder produced his own interpretation. It also claims that no Bible is the inerrant Word of God.

Based on the facts given in the article, there is no question that this organization is an heretical cult.

tonybones2112 05-16-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Tim (Post 19911)
After doing a bit of research with the help of the one who put the clip on YouTube, this is an article regarding the organization where the performance in post#1 took place. The name of the organization is "The Way International". There is a website for the organization, and on that website, the quotes are from the KJB, however, the information within the website indicates that the organization is not KJBO. The article claims that the founder produced his own interpretation. It also claims that no Bible is the inerrant Word of God.

Based on the facts given in the article, there is no question that this organization is an heretical cult.

The Way International used to bug people in airports, like the Krishnas. They were founded by the late Victor Paul Weirville, and are sort of a charismatic Jehovah's Witnesses. I drove by his church here in Ohio in the late 70s when he had his famous message on the church sign out front, "Jesus Christ Is Not God".

Grace and peace

Tony

chette777 05-17-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peopleoftheway (Post 19744)
. Those two websites could trigger epilepsy in some people.

Yes every portion of those type ministries are designed to hypnotize, and manipulate the senses. Unfortunately as you have pointed out that type of subliminal and visual effects will induce not only epilepsy but a myriad of other mental problems.

It made my stomach upset I could not stay I clicked it off because it has a strange effect on my senses. to me almost demonic.

greenbear 05-17-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaplainPaul (Post 19692)
I found one on YouTube that shows exactly what we had here at the Christmas party. Notice the people's response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AECDm9XohtU

Thanks for posting that performance. Powerfully moving! Wow.