AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bible Versions (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Are only KJO saved? (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1034)

Winman 02-21-2009 06:22 PM

Are only KJO saved?

This has probably been addressed before here, I did a search but didn't see anything like this though.

Question:

Do you believe only those who believe the King James Bible are saved?

Now, before everybody starts screaming, I got saved when I was 11 years old in a Baptist church hearing a sermon from the KJB, and being led to the Lord with verses from the KJB.

But after that I was kind of own my own. My family moved to another city. My family was not religious whatsoever. But my family was aware that I had a "religious experience" as my Dad called it. I had an Aunt who sent me a Revised Standard Version, but it caused me lots of confusion, especially the notes that said things like "older manuscripts do not include these verses". To make matters worse, Jehovah's Witnesses used to drop by, and my father would give them a small donation and get copies of the Watchtower just for me. I was a kid, didn't know better, I used to read them. Man, did I get confused, and started to doubt my salvation.

This really bothered me, and I prayed to God to show me the truth, and which religion was right. I also had a little pocket KJB and took to it. I started to examine the beliefs of different denominations. Finally, to me, I felt the Baptists were closest (not perfect) to what the Bible really says. So I have been an Baptist ever since.

So, I know you can be saved and read a corrupt version. But I personally believe that eventually a truly saved person will come to the King James Bible. Of course, this could take many years, maybe even a lifetime.

I have trouble believeing that someone who does not believe that God would keep his word can be saved.

Hope this doesn't start a riot.

Will Kinney 02-21-2009 08:09 PM

Only KJB believers saved?

Hi brother. Just a short reply (sort of;-). Christians can be deceived. None of us has a corner on all truth. I am a firm believer in the King James Bible as being the only true Bible, but I do not at all believe that only King James Bible believers are saved. God saves His people through the hearing of the words of the simple gospel, that Christ is the Son of God who died for the sins of His people and rose from dead. This gospel is still found even in the most corrupted bible versions out there.

Many thousands of people in foreign lands who do not speak, understand or read English have been saved through hearing the gospel of salvation in languages other than King James bible English.

I know of many Christians whom I believe to be truly born again who do not agree with me on the KJB issue. The issue today is that most Christians, in fact, every single professing Christians who is NOT a King James Bible onlyist, does not believe that any Bible in any language IS NOW the pure, perfect, complete, inspired and inerrant words of God.

But they do believe the gospel which is still found in what they consider to be their imperfect and flawed bible versions.

God bless,

Will Kinney

Winman 02-21-2009 08:37 PM

Will

Thanks so much for your response. And I do agree with you, years ago I read Two Babylons and think that the woman dressed in scarlet is the Roman Catholic church. But I know there are saved people who are Catholic

Revelations 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

But here the Lord calls the saved out of this false church. I believe the Holy Spirit calls these people out of falsehood.

Years ago I had a very close friend who was a devout Catholic. I used to witness to him almost every day. I don't think he was saved at first, but I believe he became saved through our conversations. I used to tell him (in a kind way) that the teaching of the Catholic church was wrong, and he came to agree with me. I told him he should probably get himself and his family out of that church. Be he said he thought he could help his church. I believe he started preaching the gospel to his fellow Catholics.

So I truly believe my friend was saved, but continued in the Catholic church. But how can a saved person be happy in a situation like that?

And myself, if I walk in a church that preaches out of any of those corrupt versions, I have to get up and leave. If you know the truth, how can you tolerate lies? This is what I am talking about, if a person has the Holy Spirit, they are going to get convicted about things like this eventually.

And I know a Christian can be deceived. That JW Watchtower really got me confused for a few years. I was a young teen with not much Bible training, and I got all mixed up for awhile. And I don't pretend to know or understand it all, I don't think anybody fully understands the Bible, it is too high for us to truly understand.

bibleprotector 02-21-2009 08:45 PM

You do not have to be KJBO to get to heaven.

Quote:

the Bible, it is too high for us to truly understand
That's why the Holy Ghost is here, and that is why He told us to "study". If we cannot truly learn, grow and come into knowledge of the full counsel of God, then the fault is not God's. He is not holding back wisdom from us. "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." (James 1:5).

Winman 02-21-2009 08:55 PM

Well, I agree with you 100% on that too. There have been many times when I have run across scripture I do not understand, and have prayed and asked God to show me what it means. And I can truly testify that the Lord has answered this prayer many times. I can remember a few occasions where the very verses I prayed about, when I went to church the pastor preached on those very verses and showed me the answer. And sometimes the answer just comes to you, like someone taking the blinders off your eyes.

But I don't think anyone understands it all. I think the Lord has to actually talk down to us, the way a parent talks to a little child in baby talk. It is all the child can understand at the time. And of course, as we mature the conversations become mature. But God's thoughts are so much higher than ours, I do not think anybody really knows but little of God's wisdom.

I don't know though, I think of the corrupt versions as evil. It is hard to believe that saved people could continue in them.

chette777 02-22-2009 11:35 PM

No the KJVO are not the only ones who are saved.

See post in Doctrine on the Calvinistic Tulip in "Calvinism:Sound Doctrine?"

http://av1611.com/forums/showthread....5745#post15745

Steven Avery 02-23-2009 12:06 AM

attempting to fix the question

Hi Folks,

Above, I think the way this question is formulated misses the point.

Generally we all know that accepting the purity and perfection of the King James Bible is wisdom and grace, yet this understanding will not be seen by all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, not even all those whose Bible reading is in English.

Many of us were uninformed, duped and/or unawares in this area for many years, until God opened our eyes.

So if a question is to be asked, the real question is in reverse.

What about those who make it their personal "spiritual business" to continually fight and attack the pure word of God ? As a primary endeavor. And who for that purpose fabricate accusations and who seek to lead other astray. Continually taking a Quixote-type-stance against the word of God, flailing away with their puny dull swords and bitter words. And whose words are full of deception and guile.

Now they purport to be Christians, yet their words and actions in regard to the Bible are only to stridently declare and insist upon the Bible's imperfection and impurity. And to this purpose they continually accuse falsely, mock, rant and deceive.

In many ways. One simple example. They will say (accuse) that Bible believers, those who believe that the Bible in their hand (and the hands of the ploughman) is pure and perfect. to be received and read and respected and appreciated and loved as God's pure word and taken to heart and mind as perfect .. every word from Genesis to Revelation .. are cultists.

So, are such enemies of the pure word of God truly walking with the Lord Jesus Christ ?

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful,
and sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,
and of the joints and marrow,
and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Just asking .. your considerations welcome.

Shalom,
Steven

Kiwi Christian 02-23-2009 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winman (Post 15708)
Question:

Do you believe only those who believe the King James Bible are saved?

No, and I don't know a single KJBO believer who does.

It's the non-KJBO crowd who perpetuate that lie!

bibleprotector 02-23-2009 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Avery
So, are such enemies of the pure word of God truly walking with the Lord Jesus Christ ?

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:21-23).

The excessive hatred of some individuals against the KJB as pure and perfect may indicate that they are not of Christ to begin with. Whenever there is a great divide, e.g. between the Jewish authorities and the early Christians, or between Romanists and Lollards, or between Romanists and Protestants, it eventually came to a point where one side fully aligns to evil.

For a while, there was an opportunity for Jewish leaders to convert to Christianity before the fall of Jerusalem. And some did. (There is still great opportunity of course, we know that great salvation is afforded to the Israelite nation). Likewise, there were Roman Catholics which were converted to Protestantism. (After all, the Scripture did say to come out of her, i.e. Babylon), therefore, I expect that the issue of Bible Authority must come to the point of division (the sword that Christ brought), so that there becomes a visible party of right, and one of wrong.

It is admitted, even by some who are against KJBO, that the KJBO position is, by its nature, held to by people who are conservativist, fundamentalistic, most predominantly orthodoxic.

How often are there false prophets in the Church talking against “religion”, “tradition” and “being caught up in the non-absolutes of the Word. It is not producing life and freedom, but rather death and bondage”. They are seeing it as a war against the “demonized human race”, and especially against many Christians caught up in “legalism”.

Those who stand for KJBO have their eyes open to the ecumenical apostasy, and are aware of all kinds of errors coming into fundamentalist, evangelical and especially Charismatic circles. Our reaction should be:

1. “be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled” (1 Peter 3:14b), etc., etc.
2. “Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you” (2 Thess. 1:6), etc., etc.

The proper KJBO view is part of a proper doctrinal view. Therefore, God’s sufficient and abundant help is for that cause, not against it.

Cody1611 02-23-2009 09:13 AM

No, but they have more potential to grow than the new version readers. Now only if they'll obey it like they believe it.

Winman 02-23-2009 03:48 PM

Thank you Steven, I think you worded my question better than I. :)

I have a problem with Christians who do not believe the Bible to be infallible. How do you put your trust in a book you feel is full of errors? Which words are God's, and which are man's? What is these person's conception of God? Does God put you in the world with no real way to find Him, and then threaten you with hell if you fail?

When I was first saved as a young teen, I read different versions and they caused me confusion. I took it very seriously and wanted to know the truth come what may. I knew that the true Word of God must be out there, it did not make sense for a loving God to put us in a maze, where hopefully we find the truth.

But isn't that what these anti-KJB believers believe?

And I too am struck by the outright hatred against those who believe the KJB. I used to belong to another forum that I thought was Bible believers, but the anti-KJBs drove me away. There were a few KJBOs there, and they were constantly being attacked by these folks. I don't understand this, as the KJB believers did not attack them at all.

And God's warning in Revelations against adding or taking away from His Word tells me these folks are not found in favor by God. So how can they be saved?

Now, I don't judge who is saved, but still, how can those that hate God's Word be saved?

Brother Tim 02-23-2009 04:06 PM

One thing is CERTAIN, brethren. Though I have enough to answer for on Judgment Day, I would hate to be in their (anti-KJBers) shoes!!

Kiwi Christian 02-23-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winman (Post 15778)
Now, I don't judge who is saved, but still, how can those that hate God's Word be saved?

The same reasoning could be used to ask how a person who has never read God's word could be saved? Yet there are plenty of Christians out there who only heard the simple gospel of their salvation and got saved, before they ever picked up a Bible, KJB or perversion, and started forming an opinion about it.

If a qualification for being saved is to believe God's word is perfect from Genesis to Revelation, then who can be saved? Probably no one! It is only once a person gets saved and has the Holy Spirit in them that they can come to such a belief.

Winman 02-23-2009 04:44 PM

I see that as two different things altogether. The person who gets saved by hearing God's Word believes God's Word.

But the anti-KJBOs do not. I am not talking about folks who recently got saved, babes in Christ. I am talking about these folks that know God's many promises to preserve His Word. They are calling God a liar. How can they be saved?

Kiwi Christian 02-23-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winman (Post 15783)
I see that as two different things altogether. The person who gets saved by hearing God's Word believes God's Word.

But the anti-KJBOs do not. I am not talking about folks who recently got saved, babes in Christ. I am talking about these folks that know God's many promises to preserve His Word. They are calling God a liar. How can they be saved?

Well if you are talking about anti-KJBO's who don't believe the gospel of Jesus Christ, then they are not saved. Yes, that gospel is God's word, but only a minor portion of it. Every anti-KJBO I've ever come across believes at least that part of God's word. Of course, these people pick and choose which parts of the Bible they believe and don't believe, but I don't think their salvation can be questioned unless they disbelieve the gospel.

Winman 02-23-2009 05:05 PM

Well, I guess you could be right, God is the judge.

Still, they believe the gospel, but don't believe the rest of the Bible? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. And the warning in Revelations?

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Now, they KNOW these verses. Unless you know for certain what God's Words are, how could you know if they were added to, or subtracted from?

And they are smart enough to know this.

Kiwi Christian 02-23-2009 05:30 PM

Yes brother, God is the judge, and one of the greatest mysteries for us in this life (and frustrating at that) is knowing who is truly saved and who isn't. Some say that only three people truly know: the Lord, the individual Christian, and the Devil.

For us, it comes down to trusting in a persons profession of salvation, if they have believed in the Lord Jesus Christ or not, and if they say yes then we must take their word for it. If we continue to doubt their word and question their salvation then I believe we are crossing a line which is God's business to deal with, not ours.

Winman 02-23-2009 05:49 PM

Well, I hope they are saved. But I have heard plenty of folks say they have received Jesus as their saviour, and then tell you you must keep your salvation by works.

And I don't consider it crossing the line. If someone is in a serious error that could affect their personal salvation, I am going to try to correct them. That said, I don't in any way whatsoever think I have all the answers. But there are some things I do know.

I have a family member who believes in lordship salvation basically, I spent lots of time showing him verses showing you are saved by believing in Christ alone, without works. I showed him verses that show you have passed from death to life, you cannot lose this free gift.

This is not about showing people I believe I am right or anything like that, it is about correcting a serious error that could save their very soul. So I think we should always be concerned whether a person is saved or not.

Kiwi Christian 02-23-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winman (Post 15787)
This is not about showing people I believe I am right or anything like that, it is about correcting a serious error that could save their very soul. So I think we should always be concerned whether a person is saved or not.

I agree we should be concerned with making sure souls are saved in the correct way, yes, but if they say they were saved in the same way as we have been, then we have no right to doubt and further question their salvation. We should encourage them to serve the Lord and grow in grace, often by our own example.

Just_A_Thought 02-24-2009 01:53 AM

Winman,

I do not really post here much anymore since I am not KJVO and this makes many here mad. I usually just float around the forum :spy: and read others posts. When I read your question I had to answer.

I believe Jesus Christ is the prefect Son of God.

I believe Jesus is not just the Son of God but also God himself (one of the Trinity).

I believe that I am a sinner and that due to my sin I would be separated from God forever. This means I would be bound for Hell.

Jesus came to earth, was born of a virgin, died on the cross, and shed His perfect blood for my sin.

I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior but not by anything that I had done. All I had to do was accept what He had done for me. I did just that.

Am I saved? According to the Bible I am.

Tmonk 02-24-2009 07:09 AM

I cant say that I see a need for a certain translation to be a requirement for being saved. I have little love for new paraphrase translations, but all literal translations tell you the exact same things you need to be saved by Grace. I believe good works to be a result of being saved.

Jesus Christ said:

14"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;

15 nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

16"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

When a person is saved it will become obvious in them no matter what translation they read.

Be careful of judgment too. I have no problems with the KJV in the sense that it is the Word of God, but so is an NASB, NIV, RSV, ESV etc etc.

Matthew 7 -KJV

1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

The debate of KJBO has caused a lot of conflict. There are those that hate on the KJB but then there are people like Ruckman and Riplinger that only fuel to the fires. This issue has strained a close friendship for me. I have a friend who is a KJBO "Ruckmanite" and I totally disagree with him. Ever since this issue arose things havent been the same between us. So tell me what "good fruits" can possibly come from this debate? NONE.

George 02-24-2009 09:30 AM

Re: "Are only KJO saved?"

Quote:

"Be careful of judgment too. I have no problems with the KJV in the sense that it is the Word of God, but so is an NASB, NIV, RSV, ESV etc etc."
Tmonk,

A person can get saved from a simple Gospel tract that they could have found on the street (or in a garbage can for that matter).

The Gospel is not ALL there is to the Holy word of God. My question for you is WHO has caused WHAT?

From the middle of the 1600's up to the beginning of the 1900's nearly all Christians (with the exception of Catholics and Scholars) agreed on ONE FINAL AUTHORITY - simply known as THE BIBLE (labeled the AV1611 - by the "scholars", and later the King James Bible by the Publishers). All of the confusion, disagreement, and "bad blood" between Christians only came about AFTER the introduction of the myriad of modern "English" translations (over 100 since 1881), so WHO is responsible for the division and hard feelings between brethren? Hmmm?

Your statement: "I have no problems with the KJV in the sense that it is the Word of God, but so is an NASB, NIV, RSV, ESV etc etc." makes no sense. I'm tickled pink that "you have no problems with the KJV" (I'm sure that God is just thrilled that you have "no problems" with His Holy word!) But your "cavalier" attitude towards the Scriptures just don't cut it with genuine Bible believers. How can ALL the translations all be the Holy words of God if they ALL have "different" words; "less" words; or "more" words than the King James Bible?

All English translations cannot possibly be the Holy word of God since they ALL disagree, not only with the King James Bible but with each other also. Can a person get saved by reading the Gospel from a modern translation - of course, but what is their FINAL AUTHORITY? WHAT IS YOUR FINAL AUTHORITY? Or do you even have ONE? That is the question..

Shofar 02-24-2009 10:05 AM

Hi all, something to consider -- if a document of 8 words is copied & 1 word is omitted from the first document -- is it the same document after it's copied? The answer is no, both copies will be in disagreement but which one will hold the truer meaning?

On the subject of salvation, Romans 10:9 - 13 explains that, the Lord knows they who have relationship with Him & He shall lead them to the truth. When I was saved awhile back, I kept 2 different bibles before being brought to the truth of the King James Version, & after exhaustive comparison & contrast, there is no doubt that the King James is by the hand of the Lord above all others of today. & now, the only one I keep is the King James. The Lord leads, that's all I have to say about that.

Tmonk 02-24-2009 02:51 PM

George,
Attitudes like your is why there is no middle ground !!! You took what I said and got something I didnt say out of it. Why the word games??? I have no problems with the King James Version. I said nothing about having a problem with the Word of God and made a statement about other bibles containing the Word just the same. But you make the Word of God and the KJB one and the same with no equal.

Final Authority?!?!?!?! Whats yours 1611, 1629, 1769, 1862, Blayney, Oxford standard, Cambridge? And you talk of tampering. I have 3 KJB's that disagree with each other on a desk at home. 1983 Oxford University Press Edition, 1983 Zondervan King James Classic and of course a 1611 KJB Hendrickson facsimile print. Different words to say the same thing. There are differences between the Oxford and Cambridge , which is wrong? How can I believe the KJV is pure when I dont even know which one is? I have 3 , tell me which one is pure.

My final authority is the message of the Bible, not the thee's and thou's and doest and didst. In John 3:16, John wrote "monogene" but it takes two words to translate it "only begotten". So were we adding words to translate that to English?

You accuse me of reading corrupt translations when there are at least 3 text lines of King James Bibles sold in America alone today?!?!?!?

Before you get the mote out of my eye, pull the beam from yours.

MC1171611 02-24-2009 04:02 PM

Well at least he's not a "my only final authority is God" Alexandrian, but claiming that the message of the Bible, something that God never emphasized nor even spoke of, is the authority above the actual words, which is what God promised to preserve (Ps. 12:7-6), said were pure (Pro. 30:5), and said were given by inspiration (2 Tim. 3:16) is still to the Left when it comes to believing the Bible.

It always comes down to authority. Always. Remember, Satan's first attack wasn't an artillery barrage: it was a subtle, sneaky question; "Yea, hath God said...?"

Brother Tim 02-24-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

But you make the Word of God and the KJB one and the same with no equal.
and the problem here is???

TMonk, I couldn't have expressed it better!

The KJB is the Word of God.
The MVs contain the words of God (to a greater or lesser degree of distortion).

and if you insist, the PCE is my choice for to-the-jot-and-tittle accuracy.

Diligent 02-24-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmonk (Post 15835)
But you make the Word of God and the KJB one and the same with no equal.

Uh, so? That's kinda the point!

You say your final authority is "the message of the Bible."

How do you determine what "the message" is?

Winman 02-24-2009 05:49 PM

I did not start this thread to start an uproar, I guess that is impossible to avoid.

I personally believe the KJB to be the Word of God. I believe that a holy and just God would preserve his word. And each word is important. For example, Genesis 1:5 in the KJV reads:

Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

The RSV has this:

Gen 1:5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

Now there is a BIG difference between "the first day" and "one day". The "first day" can only mean one specific day, whereas "one day" can mean ANY day.

Does this make a difference? In my opinion, yes. You could insert any number of days, or even billions of years between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:5 in the RSV. But with the KJV we know that God created the heavens and the earth in one single 24 hour day. Big difference.

The six day creation account is already altered and takes on a new meaning. In Gen 1:8 in the KJV we understand "the second day" as the very next day.

Gen 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

However, in the RSV it says "a second day".

Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.

This could mean the next following day, but it could also just mean another day, with thousands, millions, or even billions of years inbetween.

We have only gotten 8 verses into the Bible, and the ages old question of where did man come from, and how did life originate has been altered.

The creationist believes God created all creation in six literal consecutive 24 hour days. Those using the RSV could very well agree with evolutionists that the earth and life formed over billions of years. Big difference.

Does this matter for salvation? Maybe not. But God wants us to go further than just being saved.

2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Now how can you study and rightly divide the word of truth, unless you have the word of truth?

You see, even in 2 Timothy 2:15 God is saying that he has preserved His Word.

When folks say there is no perfect version, they are calling God a liar. I personally have trouble believing that someone who calls God a liar is saved. I am not talking about a babe in Christ. I am talking about those who have made a study of the subject.

Winman 02-24-2009 05:51 PM

Sorry, double post.

George 02-24-2009 08:19 PM

Re: "Are only KJO saved?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmonk (Post 15835)
"George,
Attitudes like your is why there is no middle ground !!! You took what I said and got something I didnt say out of it. Why the word games??? I have no problems with the King James Version. I said nothing about having a problem with the Word of God and made a statement about other bibles containing the Word just the same. But you make the Word of God and the KJB one and the same with no equal.

Final Authority?!?!?!?! Whats yours 1611, 1629, 1769, 1862, Blayney, Oxford standard, Cambridge? And you talk of tampering. I have 3 KJB's that disagree with each other on a desk at home. 1983 Oxford University Press Edition, 1983 Zondervan King James Classic and of course a 1611 KJB Hendrickson facsimile print. Different words to say the same thing. There are differences between the Oxford and Cambridge , which is wrong? How can I believe the KJV is pure when I dont even know which one is? I have 3 , tell me which one is pure.

My final authority is the message of the Bible, not the thee's and thou's and doest and didst. In John 3:16, John wrote "monogene" but it takes two words to translate it "only begotten". So were we adding words to translate that to English?

You accuse me of reading corrupt translations when there are at least 3 text lines of King James Bibles sold in America alone today?!?!?!?

Before you get the mote out of my eye, pull the beam from yours."

Tmonk,

It's time for you "TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP"! Come forth with the differences in the King James Bible. Show us where there are WORD CHANGES (NOT SPELLING AND PUNCTUATION CHANGES) in King James Bibles!

I have a 163 year OLD - "HOLY BIBLE" - THAT'S WHAT IT SAYS (it doesn't say King James Version, it just says - "HOLY BIBLE"), that is a WORD for WORD copy of my 1982 Cambridge King James Bible. If you have 3 King James Bibles that have different WORDS in them (that is - in the TEXT) - bring em on! Show us! Give us some examples - just don't "claim" there are "differences", demonstrate and prove to all on this Forum what you are saying, or forever hold your peace!

I will guarantee you that IF there are ANY WORD CHANGES, they will be in King James Bibles that have been published late in the 20th. Century (when the apostasy came into "full bloom".) - and would have been inserted there by corrupt Bible Publishers (Thomas Nelson leading the apostasy parade!).

What I want to see is WORD CHANGES in King James Bibles published BEFORE the 1960's (when the "apostasy" started to pick up steam); BEFORE the Bible Publishers would dare to CHANGE God's Holy words; when most Christians still knew WHAT God's word was, and WHERE to find it.

You, like so many before you, are trying to coerce, intimidate, or force us to your "point of view". Your looking for "middle ground". I've got news for you, another way to spell "middle ground" is - "compromise". Thanks, but NO THANKS! :mad:

Believe what you want, you've got liberty. But don't think for a moment that those of us who believe the King James Bible to be God's Holy, perfect, and infallible word, and who rely on it for our FINAL AUTHORITY are going to "trade it in" for: "My final authority is the message of the Bible, not the thee's and thou's and doest and didst!" Could you give us a simple DEFINITION for the word "Bible" in your foregoing statement - Please?

You don't like my "attitude"? You do realize that this is a "AV1611 Bible Forum", don't you? What should my "attitude" be towards someone who denigrates the Holy words of God and makes light of my beliefs? Hmmm?

Your statement: "I have no problems with the KJV in the sense that it is the Word of God, but so is an NASB, NIV, RSV, ESV etc etc." is nonsensical. Can you not understand that if you have two Bibles that are NOT the same, that BOTH CANNOT be the Holy, perfect, and infallible word of God? It doesn't take a "Rocket Scientist" to figure it out.

Your final two statements are so typical of "thin-skinned" Christians of today:

Quote:

"You accuse me of reading corrupt translations when there are at least 3 text lines of King James Bibles sold in America alone today?!?!?!?"
I challenge you to go back over my Post #22 (this Thread) in regards to you (and your Post #21) and find MY WORDS where I "accused (you) of reading corrupt translations". It shouldn't be real hard - IF THE "WORDS" ARE THERE! Your accusation is demonstrably FALSE! {Are you aware of what God thinks about "FALSE" WITNESSES? Do you even care that you are so CARELESS with your words, as to accuse me of something I did NOT say}

Quote:

"Before you get the mote out of my eye, pull the beam from yours."
The first thing, before I would even consider your "judgment" above is that you would have to "prove" to me that you are my "brother"; because you sure haven't been acting like any Christian brother of mine! It's no wonder that you have a "strained" relationship with your former close friend. Your "attitude" towards the brethren that believe in the King James Bible, and towards God's Holy words leaves much to be desired! :eek:

Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Biblestudent 02-24-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George (Post 15863)
You do realize that this is a "AV1611 Bible Forum", don't you?

That's exactly the same thing that come to my mind. I would never join an anti-KJV forum unless I'm trying to persuade them, or give them a hard time, or ready to denounce the KJV. So it really makes me wonder why some people join the AV161 Bible Forum. I believe we would like to learn more about the AV1611 here. Others who have no plan to believe the AV1611 is the infallible Word of God are free to join other forums for that purpose.:)

Tmonk 02-25-2009 05:59 AM

First of all, I'm here because I want to at least hear you guys out. Big mistake, you cannot reason with fanatics. I can show you any proof you ask for but it would do no good what so ever. You guys would just .................... you know what , forget it.

I'm not going to bother posting again after this. The proof is out there to be found. Look it up or bury your heads in the sand.

chette777 02-25-2009 07:37 AM

Tmonk,

Us fanatics sound fanatic or arrogant because we are confident it what we share. our confidence comes from long hours of study. and brother George spends hours and hours just studying the KJV Word of God. He is a blessing to us all. you would do good to be respectful to him as a brother or a father.

George 02-25-2009 07:56 AM

Re: " Are only KJO saved?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmonk (Post 15898)
"First of all, I'm here because I want to at least hear you guys out. Big mistake, you cannot reason with fanatics. I can show you any proof you ask for but it would do no good what so ever. You guys would just .................... you know what , forget it.

I'm not going to bother posting again after this. The proof is out there to be found. Look it up or bury your heads in the sand.
"

Aloha all (excluding "Tmonk"),

TYPICAL! All Bible skeptics make unfounded charges and then when they are challenged to produce PROOF - POOF! Their gone, they disappear, they "wimp out"! :(

Sadly, it's always the same. False claims, False allegations, False accusations, Unfounded complaints, and then, like an unruly child, when he doesn't get his way - Wild charges and Vicious denunciations. :eek:

I wonder what ever happened to "middle ground"? Or what about the other side of: "Before you get the mote out of my eye, pull the beam from yours."? :confused:

After 40 years of dealing with these kinds of "Christians", I have learned that, after I have tried to reason with them in a civil manner and they refuse to reciprocate; and once I perceive that they are insincere and disingenuous, I disengage from them. There is no "profit" in trying to convince a skeptic or a sophist. No one is ever edified. :(

Rolando 02-25-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

First of all, I'm here because I want to at least hear you guys out. Big mistake, you cannot reason with fanatics. I can show you any proof you ask for but it would do no good what so ever. You guys would just .................... you know what , forget it.

So I'm a fanatic because I believe the King James Authorized Version IS the perfect word of God?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmonk
Be careful of judgment too. I have no problems with the KJV in the sense that it is the Word of God, but so is an NASB, NIV, RSV, ESV etc etc.

Let me ask you sir, is Jesus the one and only Son of God or the only begotten Son of God?

"For God so loved the world that he gave his ONE AND ONLY SON, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16 NIV

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only BEGOTTEN Son: that whosoever beleveth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16 KJV

In the KJV we are told "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" (John 1:12 KJV), then how can Jesus be the one and only Son of God? Then the NIV perverts the Scriptures by changing sons to children. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12 NIV). This is only one of the MANY examples that reveal the NIV for the PERVERSION that truly it is. Then again you say:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmonk

Ooh my. Sir, you need to repent and get right with God. If you don't, I pity you at the Judgment Seat of Christ (that's assuming you are indeed saved).

Shofar 02-25-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Neighbor, the way to Jesus Christ is the narrow way, straight, neither turning to the right nor to the left as written in the scriptures. There is only one Jesus Christ, & one faith through the preserved Word as the final authority - even if a single word is changed, or omitted other than what the Lord has brought to us, then that document is deception. The NIV is defiled, the NASB is defiled, & newer renditions like The Message are abomination.

The words of the King James version are not preserved my men, but by the will of the Lord - even historically, it can be proven without doubt (Read the testimonial of the KJV 1611 if you're not convinced), & this is why non-believers, semi-faithfuls & luke-warms tend to dislike the King James, for its very existence will always haunt their shoulders of the sins they continue to commit, all for their own pride. Destroy pride, & be lead by the Holy Ghost to the good words that the Lord provides. The King James is filled with good words, true words, pure words that encourage & strengthen us even in our darkest hours. Please don't cast the Lord's truth idly aside by accepting deceptions into your house.

KJV = pearl of great price
all else = pebbles & stones

MC1171611 02-25-2009 08:56 PM

Ok, so Tmonk gaffes about all this supposed evidence that he could somehow produce, while the men on this board combined have likely spent more time studying the Bible issue than Tmonk has been alive, Bro. George leading the pack, without having found any of this evidence?

And to top it off, we're called "fanatics" because we take God at His WORD and believe that He preserved EVERY WORD just like He promised. We're fanatics for believing God, but you're logical for believing in an impotent, lying God?

Does this make any logical sense whatsoever?

Bro. Parrish 02-25-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmonk (Post 15812)

etc etc.....?

etcetera
noun, plural -er⋅as.
Definition: 1. a number of other things or persons unspecified.

I pray you will open your eyes and heart, see the truth of your leaven and
understand the major problems with those perversions of God's Word.

:RunToKJB:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmonk (Post 15812)
The debate of KJBO has caused a lot of conflict. There are those that hate on the KJB but then there are people like Ruckman and Riplinger that only fuel to the fires. This issue has strained a close friendship for me. I have a friend who is a KJBO "Ruckmanite" and I totally disagree with him. Ever since this issue arose things havent been the same between us. So tell me what "good fruits" can possibly come from this debate? NONE.

I am sorry for your loss of fellowship and I do hope that can be resolved. I'll tell you what "good fruits" can possibly come from this: you could open your eyes and heart, see the truth of your leaven and begin to promote and honor God's Holy Bible, not attempt to equate it with the modern garbage being hocked on shelves across the nation, those deceptive perversions which attack the precious blood and Deity of Christ, omit many great verses of scripture and lead to confusion. I will pray for you, it is possible that God may use your friend to lead you into the light of His truth about the King James Bible, God bless...

tonybones2112 02-26-2009 01:43 AM

You ask a valid question in a noncombative manner and I believe you deserve an answer in the same manner.

A tract may CONTAIN the word of God but is not the WHOLE COUNSEL of God as the KJV is, yet the few words it contains may help God save someone. The word of God was on earth prior to 1611 but scattered, incomplete, and leavened in many cases, yet people were saved prior to 1611.

I Thess. 2:13 defines the answer to this question. Words found, in any language, that WORK EFFECTUALLY in those who BELIEVE are God's words He works through and moved men by the Holy Spirit to write.

Romans 10:17 effectually destroys the enemies of the KJV and whether or not God's inspired words are in your hands. If only the original manuscripts are inspired then NO ONE HAS BEEN SAVED SINCE THEY DECOMPOSED.

Grace and peace

Tony Bones

solabiblia 02-26-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biblestudent (Post 15885)
That's exactly the same thing that come to my mind. I would never join an anti-KJV forum unless I'm trying to persuade them, or give them a hard time, or ready to denounce the KJV. So it really makes me wonder why some people join the AV161 Bible Forum. I believe we would like to learn more about the AV1611 here. Others who have no plan to believe the AV1611 is the infallible Word of God are free to join other forums for that purpose.:)

Translation: we don't want any of our comments to be challenged in this forum. We have the sneaking feeling that our arguments have holes in them, and it makes us uncomfortable when someone points them out to us. So, go away and let us pat ourselves on the back for our mindless drivel, or we will attack you as a Bible-hater and cast aspersions on your state of grace.