AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Current Events (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   PETA says fish are SEA KITTENS... (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880)

Bro. Parrish 01-10-2009 08:47 AM

PETA says fish are SEA KITTENS...

I know we focus a lot on Bible words here, but...
According to PETA, I guess Jesus didn't feed the 5 thousand with fish.
They were SEA KITTENS!!!!! :eek:

PETA's campaign to
RENAME FISH AS "SEA KITTENS"

A CAMPAIGN to rename fish as "sea kittens" in order to improve their image ... Outspoken animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is using the "sea kitten" name as part of its push to restrict fishing.

"We're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover."

I'm not making this up people, here's the proof:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...-29277,00.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...a-kittens.html
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...PfLkgD95JS6480

buzzoff1031 01-10-2009 06:03 PM

As if PETA weren't rediculous enough...wow. I mean, if they didn't do such stipud stuff, they might actually be able to accomplish some good. I mean, I'm completely against abusing animals. God put them in our care. We are to take care of them. But, they are animals. We are humans. We eat certain animals. That is also God's design...for now.

MC1171611 01-10-2009 07:54 PM

People for the Eating of Tasty Animals. That's the kind of PETA I like. :D

Prov. 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Conservation, not environmentalism, is the correct way to preserve our planet. If we quit killing animals, we'd be overrun with diseased wildlife within a couple years, and it would destroy our ecology. I suppose they neglect to mention that when they whine about "hurting" innocent animals.

Rolando 01-10-2009 09:26 PM

Well, these people have proven once again what a nightmare they are. I don't hate anyone, but I really can't stand what these fools come up with sometimes. Sea kittens? Give me a break.

Bro. Parrish 01-10-2009 10:17 PM

LOL, I need some tartar sauce and hush puppies
to go with that fried sea kitten... :rolleyes:

stephanos 01-11-2009 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 14309)
LOL, I need some tartar sauce and hush puppies
to go with that fried sea kitten... :rolleyes:

I love me some fried sea kitten. :pound:

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Forrest 01-11-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanos (Post 14321)
I love me some fried sea kitten. :pound:

Peace and Love,
Stephen

I'd rather have full grown catfish.

Bro. Parrish 01-11-2009 09:52 PM

As their website shows, those people are scary...

"Like their surface-dwelling cousins, the land kittens, sea kittens enjoy being petted. Their lack of arms makes it difficult for them to pet back, but they often gently rub against each other as a sign of affection."
Check this out:
http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

Bro. Parrish 01-11-2009 09:54 PM

Check this out...
they are trying to tell us not to kill the "SEA KITTENS,"
while they are killing REAL KITTENS by the thousands...

PETA Killed More than 90% of
the Animals in its Care in 2007

Virginia State records show PETA has killed over 19,200 dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens.

Last year, PETA wrangled with the Virginia government for nine months before its 2006 records were finally made public. In a cynical bid to hide the outrageous percentage of animals that wind up in their GIANT WALK IN FREEZER, PETA's leaders tried to lump the pets they spayed or neutered in with those they took in for more than an hour. That squabbling continues, but this year we decided not to wait for the dust to settle.

Instead, with the help of Virginia's public records law, we did a little digging. Responding to our formal legal request, the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS) has released PETA's 2007 "Animal Record" report. Although VDACS itself has still not relased this report, we're making it available to the general public.

PETA claims to be dedicated to protecting animals and treating them "ethically"—it’s right there in the group’s name. But killing animals that could otherwise be placed in adoptive homes isn’t terribly ethical, especially for a group whose $30 million annual income is more than enough to do the right thing instead.

In comparison, the Virginia Beach SPCA, right down the road from PETA’s Norfolk headquarters, managed to adopt out almost 70% of the animals in its care last year. And it did it on a relative shoestring budget.

Adding PETA's 2007 numbers to the mix, we can now document that the group has put down over 19,200 dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens.
MORE HERE:
http://petakillsanimals.com/

Policy on euthanasia
"PETA is against the no kill movement and euthanizes the majority of animals that are given to them."

Animal euthanasia and criminal charges
PETA was criticized in 2005 when police discovered that over the course of a month, at least 80 animals had been euthanized and left in area dumpsters. Two PETA employees approached a dumpster in a van registered to PETA and left behind 18 dead animals. Among the bodies in the dumpster were a cat and two of her kittens, given to PETA by veterinarian Patrick Proctor of Ahoskie Animal Hospital. According to Proctor, the two kittens were very adoptable, and he said the PETA employees claimed they would have no trouble finding homes for them..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_...ent_of_Animals

Scott Swart 01-12-2009 06:06 PM

Whats the big deal? I've been a PETA for many years. I have always been a Person that enjoys Eating Tasty Animals.
Sorry, just had to make some light.

Bro. Parrish 01-12-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Swart (Post 14423)
Whats the big deal? I've been a PETA for many years. I have always been a Person that enjoys Eating Tasty Animals.

Ahh yes, I have been known to eat a few now and then.... :bounce:

JaeByrd 01-12-2009 08:48 PM

If we aren't suppose to eat animals....

Why are they made out of meat? :rolleyes:

Bro. Parrish 03-01-2009 06:07 PM

Fist the "Sea Kittens" and now...

PETA claims "Jesus was a vegetarian"
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...ew&pageId=5384

stephanos 03-01-2009 06:59 PM

Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No. And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes. (John 21:5-6 KJV)

I suppose the kookoo for cocoa puffs PETA folks think they were casting their nets into the waters to gather some veggies for Jesus and just happened to catch Sea Kittens.

Oh, and I always cry whenever I read verse 7. I can't help but feel what Peter must have felt when he heard John tell him that Christ was on the shore. *sigh* Come Lord Jesus!

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen

chette777 03-01-2009 07:39 PM

:der:Luke 24:42, 43 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
And he took it, and did eat before them

Christ indeed was a vegetarian, NOT!:cool:

chette777 03-01-2009 07:43 PM

talking about things we have eaten. I have eaten Dog, possibly cat, goat, Sheep, Cow, Water Buffalo, Monitor Lizard, snakes, donkey, horse, Crocodile and alligator, land and sea snails, sea urchin, ray, squid, assorted Fish, whale shark, porpoise, at least five types of crabs, Limpets, white sea worms, doves, turkey, goose, pheasant, grouse, Chicken (who hasn't), Ostrich, and my two most favorite, my words and crow (figuratively). and I am looking forward to eating Monkey and flying fox.

I sanctify it with the word of God and prayer

chette777 03-01-2009 07:55 PM

this is PETA. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. Roms 1:21-25

stephanos 03-02-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chette777 (Post 16070)
:der:Luke 24:42, 43 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
And he took it, and did eat before them

Christ indeed was a vegetarian, NOT!:cool:

Hahaha, awesome. You have me beat. ;)

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Bro. Parrish 03-02-2009 07:11 PM

Wait a minute, now hold on...
so you guys are saying JESUS ATE THE SEA KITTENS?!!???

:jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

stephanos 03-02-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 16120)
Wait a minute, now hold on...
so you guys are saying JESUS ATE THE SEA KITTENS?!!???

:jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

Yeah, I know, the nerve! :pound:

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen

chette777 03-03-2009 06:25 AM

Jesus definitely was not a PETA-ite

oh yea I have also eaten mule-dear, white tailed deer, Moose, elk, bear, squirrels and rabbits. did I mention pig and hog?

so having laid out all the different animals I have eaten. what is the strangest animal you have eaten? anyone can answer

stephanos 03-03-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chette777 (Post 16155)
Jesus definitely was not a PETA-ite

oh yea I have also eaten mule-dear, white tailed deer, Moose, elk, bear, squirrels and rabbits. did I mention pig and hog?

so having laid out all the different animals I have eaten. what is the strangest animal you have eaten? anyone can answer

Deer sausage was the strangest thing I've eaten. Though I used to eat rolly pollies as a kid :p

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Diligent 03-03-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanos (Post 16156)
Deer sausage was the strangest thing I've eaten.

The last gun show we went to had someone selling home-made elk summer sausage. I presume they hunted the elk themselves. Anyway, it was some of the best snack meat I've ever eaten.

Bro. Parrish 03-03-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chette777 (Post 16155)

The strangest animal I have eaten, let's see...

1. Octopus
2. Alligator Ribs
3. Venison Chile
4. Grasshopper
5. Turtle
6. Snails
7. Conch (like a giant marine snail)
probably more but I can't remember...

I don't consider the ones below strange,
but I have enjoyed a lot of crabs, I love those things... :)

1. Blue Crab
2. King Crab
3. Snow Crab
4. Dungeness Crab
5. Stone Crab
6. Jonas Crab

Renee 03-03-2009 12:49 PM

Brother Parish, Chette,

I noticed Parish mentioned turtle. Have you eaten turtle chette? I have, and I have also had crawdads, frogs, shark, eels and a lot of the things mentioned above. Being raised on a farm I also had to kill some of these animals. I don't think I could do the killing today but I can sure do the eating. I'm glad Christ blood is sufficient to cover our sins and we don't have to shed animal blood for them. Praise God for His great sacrifice.

Day might come when PETA people may have to eat meat or starve.

In Charity,
Renee

stephanos 03-03-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renee (Post 16174)
Brother Parish, Chette,

I noticed Parish mentioned turtle. Have you eaten turtle chette? I have, and I have also had crawdads, frogs, shark, eels and a lot of the things mentioned above. Being raised on a farm I also had to kill some of these animals. I don't think I could do the killing today but I can sure do the eating. I'm glad Christ blood is sufficient to cover our sins and we don't have to shed animal blood for them. Praise God for His great sacrifice.

Day might come when PETA people may have to eat meat or starve.

In Charity,
Renee

Day may come when PETA people may have to start eathing other people! Wouldn't that be ironic! :pound:

Peace and Love,
Stephen

chette777 03-04-2009 12:45 AM

I forgot turtle, crawfish, lobster, frogs, stingray, shark, eel and Octopus. Now that you mention it. After 50 years you can forget all the things you have eaten in your life.

Bro. Parrish 03-05-2009 08:51 AM

This one doesn't look like a "Sea Kitten"... :rolleyes:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...te-shark_6.jpg

Forrest 03-05-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chette777 (Post 16071)
talking about things we have eaten. I have eaten Dog, possibly cat...Monitor Lizard, snakes, donkey, horse, Crocodile and alligator, land and sea snails, sea urchin, ray, squid...whale shark, porpoise...white sea worms and I am looking forward to eating Monkey and flying fox.

I sanctify it with the word of God and prayer

:puke:

stephanos 03-05-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest (Post 16287)
:puke:

:pound:

Peace and Love,
Stephen

chette777 03-08-2009 02:54 AM

you should have been there the first time I ate Dog. I didn't know what it was and it was prepared so deliciously. when they told me my stomach turned. I explained that dog is man's best friend in the States so what I did was tantamount to cannibalism.

the next time I was prepared and it was good.

stephanos 03-08-2009 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chette777 (Post 16466)
you should have been there the first time I ate Dog. I didn't know what it was and it was prepared so deliciously. when they told me my stomach turned. I explained that dog is man's best friend in the States so what I did was tantamount to cannibalism.

the next time I was prepared and it was good.

I don't think I could eat anything that is predatory in nature. I don't think it's natural to do so except in desperate circumstances. All in all I try to only eat those animals defined as acceptable in Leviticus 11, with the exception of Pork. I don't know if I could make it without my ham and sausage.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

chette777 03-08-2009 06:14 AM

it's ok if you do or if you don't as long as we give thanks to God for it.

Levitical laws are for the Jews. but there is no problem for you to follow that as long as you don't force others to do the same or stumble a weaker brother who may feel you are promoting legalism.

Bro. Parrish 03-08-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanos (Post 16474)
I don't think I could eat anything that is predatory in nature. I don't think it's natural to do so except in desperate circumstances.
Peace and Love,
Stephen

Hmmm... Fish are predatory in nature...

stephanos 03-08-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 16487)
Hmmm... Fish are predatory in nature...

Some are, others are worse, like bottom feeders. Bottom feeders are the swine of the sea. Fish are an interesting subject actually...

But anywho:

Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink. Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants. So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days. And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat. (Daniel 1:12-15 KJV)

What I choose to eat and not eat isn't about keeping Law, it's about what I believe to be healthy (no I'm not perfect, and yes I love burgers and pizza!!!). I use The Book to guide me in discerning the diet which I believe God would have me to eat. I'm not saying God will judge Christians who eat dainties etc. But I think God will want to know why we treated our bodies the way we did while we occupied in His stead. So in a way, it doesn't matter if you're an obese lentil eating vegetarian or an obese pork crazed, shell fish eating "all is good" kinda guy. In the end, I do believe God will have us give an account for why we let ourselves go if we have done so.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Bro. Parrish 03-08-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanos (Post 16493)
Some are, others are worse, like bottom feeders. Bottom feeders are the swine of the sea.

Forgive me but I don't understand your meaning here brother.
First you said you wouldn't normally eat anything that is predatory, now we're talking about bottom feeders. Kingfish (Whiting) and Croakers are bottom feeders but they are really delicious eating. The Redfish is a bottom feeder, but they are fully scaled and not anything like a catfish. Halibut and Flounder are bottom feeders, even the highly sought after Pompano is a bottom feeder.

I'm a fisherman, just trying to understand what you are saying... even catfish are delicious eating really... what do you mean by "swine of the sea?" :noidea:

stephanos 03-08-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 16494)
Forgive me but I don't understand your meaning here brother.
First you said you wouldn't normally eat anything that is predatory, now we're talking about bottom feeders. Kingfish (Whiting) and Croakers are bottom feeders but they are really delicious eating. The Redfish is a bottom feeder, but they are fully scaled and not anything like a catfish. Halibut and Flounder are bottom feeders, even the highly sought after Pompano is a bottom feeder.

I'm a fisherman, just trying to understand what you are saying... even catfish are delicious eating really... what do you mean by "swine of the sea?" :noidea:

Oh, I'm not saying I wouldn't eat those fish. I'm just saying they're the garbage bins of the sea, like the swine are the garbage bins of the land.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Renee 03-09-2009 12:49 PM

Yuch!

What with all of the things we eat it is a good thing that:

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

We are not defiled by what we eat.

I know what you mean about eating dog Chette. We had goat and dog on somebody's birthday and I only knew they had killed a goat. I gagged when I found they had given me dog meat, I must admit it was very tasty when I ate it though. I must have been around seven or eight years old and I remember crying because I ate our friend's dog.

I can remember my Dad talking about the shortages during the war and the things they ended up eating, at least you are prepared Chette. Americans are so spoiled, I'm glad our Lord is taking us out.

We went to a new Target (store) opening yesterday and the bounty that is spread across America is almost shameful. I kept looking at things and going we can get along without this or that, but then you look at other things just as frivilous (?) and go, "oh I could use that".

I look forward to the Lord's coming and am grateful that His grace is sufficient, and also that He supplies all our needs. He has so graciously supplied many of our wants also.

In Christ Love,
Renee

Bro. Parrish 03-09-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanos (Post 16498)
Oh, I'm not saying I wouldn't eat those fish. I'm just saying they're the garbage bins of the sea, like the swine are the garbage bins of the land.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

I'm not sure you understand the nature of the fish I am describing. Redfish and Pompano are in no way "garbage bins of the sea." They feed on live prey items like shrimp, they just do it on the bottom. This is because a lot of the natural prey items like baitfish and shrimp will often hide in the grass on the bottom. It's no big deal, I'm just trying to help you understand not all bottom feeders are scavengers. I could see a hagfish being called a garbage bin, those things are pretty nasty. :)

Renee 03-09-2009 01:04 PM

Hi again,

I guess I should have quoted the adjoining verses:

Matthew 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Matthew 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Matthew 15:20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Good verses for Peta also.

Again,
Renee