AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Current Events (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ruckman Reference Bible Going To Printer (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1361)

pbiwolski 06-16-2009 07:33 AM

Ruckman Reference Bible Going To Printer
 
Just saw this today. You can pre-order now if you wish.

http://www.kjv1611.org/index.html

chette777 06-16-2009 07:39 AM

Oh how I wish I could have one.

Biblestudent 06-16-2009 07:48 PM

Free shipping for domestic orders only:tsk:

Fredoheaven 06-17-2009 06:16 AM

I'd like to own but who can donate?

BornAgainBibleBeliever514 06-17-2009 10:11 AM

I went through the Bible Baptist Bookstore catalog and chalked up each book and pamphlet I wanted, plus a reference Bible, and the total came to almost 400$!!!
No way I can afford that, so I'll have to content myself with saving up for the Bible alone. Besides, the Bible and other works should be ordered seperately, since the Bible is only available in September and presumably won't ship until around then anyways.

I'm quite looking forward to it actually, I'm making it my own personal birthday gift (turning 30 around then).


Interesting Note: Ruckman materials on ebay or amazon are ridiculously high-priced, makes no sense. I'd rather support BBB directly anyways.

Diligent 06-17-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornAgainBibleBeliever514 (Post 22314)
Interesting Note: Ruckman materials on ebay or amazon are ridiculously high-priced, makes no sense. I'd rather support BBB directly anyways.

AFAIK, that's because Ruckman's bookstore doesn't make their publications easily available through normal distribution channels.

Bro. Parrish 06-17-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornAgainBibleBeliever514 (Post 22314)
I went through the Bible Baptist Bookstore catalog and chalked up each book and pamphlet I wanted, plus a reference Bible, and the total came to almost 400$!!!
No way I can afford that, so I'll have to content myself with saving up for the Bible alone. Besides, the Bible and other works should be ordered seperately, since the Bible is only available in September and presumably won't ship until around then anyways.

I'm quite looking forward to it actually, I'm making it my own personal birthday gift (turning 30 around then).


Interesting Note: Ruckman materials on ebay or amazon are ridiculously high-priced, makes no sense. I'd rather support BBB directly anyways.

Ahhh yes, to be 30 again...
The fact is, Brother Ruckman's materials have been pirated and distributed everywhere, entire books have been reprinted and distributed IN CHURCHES, by people who had no permission and no respect for copyright law. So I would agree with you, just buy direct and support the ministry. ;)

Biblestudent 06-17-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 22332)
Ahhh yes, to be 30 again...
The fact is, Brother Ruckman's materials have been pirated and distributed everywhere, entire books have been reprinted and distributed IN CHURCHES, by people who had no permission and no respect for copyright law. So I would agree with you, just buy direct and support the ministry. ;)

Very true! Very true, and I agree.

Cody1611 06-23-2009 12:04 PM

Definitely getting one. The price is cheaper than what I thought it would be.

HowlerMonkey 06-23-2009 07:04 PM

Can you guys fill me in on what this is? I don't know who Ruckman is or what is in this Bible that makes it so special. The website linked is not of much help either, it says "genuine leather," but not what kind of leather and gives a bunch of specs for the Bible, but doesn't tell me what it contains that makes it better or different than any other Bible I own.

Bro. Parrish 06-23-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowlerMonkey (Post 22652)
Can you guys fill me in on what this is? I don't know who Ruckman is or what is in this Bible that makes it so special...

http://www.kjv1611.org/aboutusdrruckman.html
http://www.kjv1611.org/aboutus.html

pbiwolski 06-24-2009 10:33 AM

That's the first I've read the "about us" one. I couldn't help but smile at the closing line.

HowlerMonkey 06-24-2009 09:08 PM

One quote on the "about us" page that caught my attention was:

"If we are truly sincere, can we choose any Bible that we like and have the same results at the judgment?"

I am not sure what Mr. Ruckman's views are (and perhaps I shouldn't read too much into it), but I do not rely on my sincerity or my Bible version to win me good results at the Judgment. I rely on Christ's Blood ALONE.

KingSolomon1611 06-24-2009 10:49 PM

I ordered two earlier today. I gots minez

pbiwolski 06-25-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowlerMonkey (Post 22741)
I am not sure what Mr. Ruckman's views are (and perhaps I shouldn't read too much into it), but I do not rely on my sincerity or my Bible version to win me good results at the Judgment. I rely on Christ's Blood ALONE.

The judgment referenced would be the judgment seat of Christ - THE Judgment for believers. The blood of Christ is what got you to this judgment. Your salvation is not in question, but rather your work for the Saviour (I Cor.3).

Amanda S. 07-16-2009 09:13 AM

My husband was one of the proof readers for this Bible and I recommend that every Bible Believer save their pennies and get a copy of Dr. Ruckman's reference Bible. It is truly an awesome reference to have. My husband would copy notes and cross references while proof-reading! :) He said that the cross references alone was worth the purchase.

Amanda

Cody1611 07-16-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda S. (Post 24119)
My husband was one of the proof readers for this Bible and I recommend that every Bible Believer save their pennies and get a copy of Dr. Ruckman's reference Bible. It is truly an awesome reference to have. My husband would copy notes and cross references while proof-reading! :) He said that the cross references alone was worth the purchase.

Amanda

I ordered mine about a week ago and I can't wait to get it. Will the Reference Bible be really thick?

Amanda S. 07-16-2009 12:30 PM

I understand it to be 3 volumes...

Amanda S. 07-16-2009 12:38 PM

Oops sorry! They had talked about possibly needing to be 2-3 volumes but my husband corrected me...It is going to be a large book with a spine width of about 2 1/2 inches.

Jassy 07-16-2009 04:37 PM

Wow! That's a pretty comprehensive Bible! No wonder getting free shipping is such a bargain!

Is this a PCE KJB??? I thought that I read that the best Bibles were PCE.

Jassy

Amanda S. 07-16-2009 09:17 PM

Forgive me :) What does PCE stand for? I'm sure I'll have a duh moment!

Jassy 07-16-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda S. (Post 24192)
Forgive me :) What does PCE stand for? I'm sure I'll have a duh moment!

Sister Amanda,

PCE = Pure Cambridge Edition :)

Don't feel bad - I had to ask also!

Jassy


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Website AV1611.Com.
Posts represent only the opinions of users of this forum and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the webmaster.

Software for Believing Bible Study