AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Great Battle....PC vs Mac!!!! (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1102)

chette777 04-01-2009 08:56 PM

Tim,

yeah I know the feeling. I now do very little hardware troubleshooting as I did from 97-2002. almost everything is on board now. Other than the video card if you loose one on board component best to replace the whole board.

I was amazed to see a young man here replace the Capacitors on the Motherboard by hand. it is very difficult to do if you get solder on any other hardware pathway the whole board is ruined.

In Taiwan the whole thing is done in one press of a computerized soldering machine. first the workers place all the components face done on a rubber type template that hold the parts in place, then the certain type of board that matches the template is pressed down and soldered by the machine all at once.

tonybones2112 04-01-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 17626)

Hoorah. There is a G-5 and a 2009 Dodge Challenger in my future. My cup runneth over and the speeding tickets will be incredible...

Grace and peace and I hope those Dodges have a Slap Stick...

Tony

Cody1611 04-01-2009 11:47 PM

I use PC with Windows XP and Vista.

Bro. Parrish 04-02-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody1611 (Post 17708)
I use PC with Windows XP and Vista.

I'm sorry brother. :(

Bro. Parrish 04-02-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 17707)
Hoorah. There is a G-5 and a 2009 Dodge Challenger in my future. My cup runneth over and the speeding tickets will be incredible...

Grace and peace and I hope those Dodges have a Slap Stick...

Tony

LOL, my G-5 is amazing, we still have some old Apples we bought well over 10 years ago, they are obsolete due to software but the hardware is all still running. These days I usually use a 15 inch Powerbook, we got a second one off E-bay a few months ago for about $600, it was like brand new! :)

Cody1611 04-02-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 17723)
I'm sorry brother. :(

No need to be. They work excellent for me.

Paradigm Shift 04-02-2009 08:40 PM

You can have my Mac when you pry it from my cold dead fingers...

Mac 4 LIFE!!!! :D :p

tonybones2112 04-04-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish (Post 17724)
LOL, my G-5 is amazing, we still have some old Apples we bought well over 10 years ago, they are obsolete due to software but the hardware is all still running. These days I usually use a 15 inch Powerbook, we got a second one off E-bay a few months ago for about $600, it was like brand new! :)

Brother Parrish, what I am looking for in a Mac notebook is external device capability. With my hands being what they are, I hate touchpads and do my graphic artwork with a mouse. Some of the new Macs look paper thin. I'll see what my financial future is, if it's good I'll shop my local Mac dealer for a used G5 for a desktop and forget the notebook. I tried a G5 and just fell in love with them.

Grace and peace

Tony

Bro. Parrish 04-04-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybones2112 (Post 17799)
Brother Parrish, what I am looking for in a Mac notebook is external device capability. With my hands being what they are, I hate touchpads and do my graphic artwork with a mouse. Some of the new Macs look paper thin. I'll see what my financial future is, if it's good I'll shop my local Mac dealer for a used G5 for a desktop and forget the notebook. I tried a G5 and just fell in love with them.

Grace and peace

Tony

Yeah, the new one called the AIR is very thin, but that's not the one to get anyway. That is not a very robust computer and I think the battery runs out really quick. The Powerbooks are amazing (I use the Apple wireless mouse with mine) but they are pricey. Of course the G-5 is the real monster so I think that would be the best choice for a work machine. :)