AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bible Studies (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Ordinances (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1410)

Amanda S. 07-21-2009 07:21 PM

Greetings Chette,

Quote:

The reason I asked for one by Paul was so we could establish a absolute on baptism seeing he is the Apostle to the gentile. I do practice it but i do not teach it as an ordinance or that it should be a new believers "first step of obedience" as some do.

I teach is as an Identification.
Hmmmm...ok...whatever floats your boat. :)

Quote:

Gospel of Philip was the kingdom Gospel
The Gospel of Philip!? What is the Gospel of Philip?
It seems all the world to me that he was preaching the death, burial and resurrection of Christ?

chette777 07-21-2009 11:19 PM

the gospel Philip preached up unto Acts 8 is the Kingdom Gospel that John the baptist and Jesus and the 12 preach.

the gospel of grace is the gospel Paul preached

The everlasting Gospel is preached by an angel in the tribulation

these are the three gospels found in the NT.

yes the death burial and resurrection are part of both the Kingdom gospel and the gospel of grace. but only under grace is it for the forgiveness of sins. under the kingdom gospel it was proof Jesus was the Jews Messiah.

Put kingdom gospel in your search engine of your Bible program and you will see the listings, then enter gospel of grace you will see they are different.

Amanda S. 07-22-2009 10:32 PM

Greetings Chette :)

We will have to disagree on the "gospel of Philip"...I do understand that Acts is a transistion book but there is no gospel of Philip in my opinion.

But, even so, I still think the verses I quoted apply.

Acts 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

I find it hard to believe that Paul changed "how" to baptize and see nothing that suggests he did.

chette777 07-23-2009 05:34 AM

let me clarify, Philip preached "the gospel of the kingdom" or what is known as the "Kingdom Gospel", not the "gospel of Philip" nor the "Gospel of grace". I wasn't saying Phillip has his own gospel, I was saying he taught a gospel that was not the gospel of grace, which is the kingdom gospel.

now that should have cleared it all up Amanda. Never did I mean to cause you to think there was a "gospel of Philip".

that is correct Paul changed nothing concerning water baptism. Paul also gave no instruction or an example of water baptism during his ministry to establish it as a doctrine, teaching or an ordinance. he only confesses to have water baptized only a few and that water baptism was not why he was sent by God to the Gentiles.