AV1611 Bible Forum Archive

AV1611 Bible Forum Archive (https://av1611.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bible Versions (https://av1611.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The King James is not perfect, and you all know it! (https://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85)

foley 02-28-2008 02:52 AM

The King James is not perfect, and you all know it!

Sorry brothers and sisters.
God did preserve his word, but that refers to him protecting the original manuscripts for transference to multiple generations, not some mans OPINION as to which is the best translation, PERIOD! so snap out of it please.
The very fact that the king james refers to the greek word for "passover" as "easter" is a mistranslation and simply serves to show it is the work of men and not of God. Not to mention where they translated the word for Joshua as Jesus in hebrews, which is proof alone that it is not perfect so therefore cannot be Gods perfect preserved word.
A translation is just that, "a translation" and thus is subject to human bias and influence and it can never ever be perfect, so stop promoting the idea that the King James is perfect when i know and you know for a fact it is not.
As if that ain't bad enough it's shockingly hard to read, even with an 18th century dictionary near by. The sentence structures are back to front, a lot of the words are outdated complicated or have lost their original meaning, and teenagers just can't get to grips with it, so therefore or (Wherefore if you like) i know for a fact that God wants his word available in the LANGUAGE OF THE DAY and that the King James IS NOT in the language of the day, its in a hybrid language of what we are familiar with but its not the language of today with our syntax, word structures, and modern meanings. I have said enough to prove that the King James Authorised version "TRANSLATION" is NOT PERFECT and therefore cannot be the preserved word of God as you like to infer. remember the letter kills but spirit gives life.

I am currently updating and revising the king james new testament with the help of the holy spirit, and it has made me realise just how badly written the king james is and how a lot of potential revelation is missing due to obscure verses and bad sentence structure and mistranslations and the fact that it is so literal(which doesn't translate well to other languages) Just because you may have got used to quoting the king james bible, it doesn't mean there can be no other.
Pesonally i would rate the king james bible at about 80% accurate with 60% of potential revelation available out of 100.
My version is approximately 95% accurate with about 90% of potential revelation available. I will be calling my version the 21st century King James version. And yes it has been written as a tribute and in honor of the King james scholars.
I am basing it on the king james manuscripts and am quite aware of the dubious carnal man made modern versions available and will be avoiding their mistakes at all costs so don't worry. ;)

bibleprotector 02-28-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

I am currently updating and revising the king james new testament with the help of the holy spirit,
Yes, I do not deny that a "spirit" would help you do that.

Quote:

My version is approximately 95% accurate with about 90% of potential revelation available.
Well, the spirit of error will be pleased at this achievement of 5% error. And the god of this world is also pleased that you attribute to him control over a tithe of revelation.

What folly!

Diligent 02-28-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foley (Post 966)
My version is approximately 95% accurate with about 90% of potential revelation available. I will be calling my version the 21st century King James version. And yes it has been written as a tribute and in honor of the King james scholars.

The 21st Century King James is already trademarked by KJ21 Publishers, so your new "almost God's word" translation will have to get a new title.

lei-kjvonly 02-28-2008 12:15 PM

You are so blessed to be the chosen one by God to bring people out of such a horrible lie!:rolleyes: Come on man! What makes you think you are so eligible to change GOD'S words?! Man, I would be scared to be in your shoes pal!:eek:

lei-kjvonly 02-28-2008 12:21 PM

Just to remind you foley, if it's too hard for you to understand the KJV then your education level is very low. The KJV got a 7th grade reading level! So now you want me to believe the you're going to create a better version of GOD'S Word, when you have an education level lower than 7th grade? LEAVE GOD'S WORD ALONE!

Jot&Tittle 02-28-2008 12:38 PM

Foley,

I'm curious about something. If you died tonight would you go to Heaven or Hell? If your answer is Heaven, please explain how you know. If your answer is Hell, also explain why.

Sincerely,

Jot&Tittle

Pastor Mikie 02-28-2008 02:02 PM

I previously stated that ther are over 300 English Translations of the Bible. I need to correct that statement. Make that over 301.

Foley, either you are kidding, looking to "stir-the-pot", or something far worse.

How do you know "Easter" is supposed to be "Passover"? Because some lexicon or Greek dictionary said so? Do you speak Greek? Chances are you don't. The context of Acts 12:4 is after the Passover and during a pagan holiday.

I urge you to reconsider what you are about to undertake. You are asking for trouble.

sting of truth 02-28-2008 02:17 PM

thank goodness i'm not as self righteous as this guy is, to think that a person who does not speak greek, or maybe even he does, could go back and correct the work of over 46 men who spoke the manguage fluently and were masters of the language.. maybe this guy is james white.. james white has a lot of self righteousness like this, always going and correcting the work of others on the nasb which he claims to be the bible.

i got just one question, nobody has ever answered it. if the KJV is not the infallible, innerrant word of God, what is?

timothy 02-28-2008 05:39 PM

Heh, my wife has a learning disability and she can understand the KJV.

Why not call your new Bible ABTV (Another Bible Translation Version)?)

jblm1611 02-28-2008 06:15 PM

Foley,
I have a translation for your ID name it is FOOLey. I know it is a temp to stir the pot in this forum, but I hope that you would take the time to read some of the posting that is in this website because I hope that the spirit of God would open your eyes and heart to the truth of His preserved Word and that is the KJV.

Paladin54 02-28-2008 09:43 PM

Foley, where do you "know for a fact" that the Bible is supposed to be in the "language of the ay" as you put it? The King James Bible is written in Biblical English....meaning that the British d not speak in the same way as it is written in the King James Bible.
In the Old Testament, the (pure) words of scriptures written in Hebrew were in Biblical Hebrew....and Koine Greek......biblical Greek.....

54 translators were involved in the translation of the King James Bible. They were originally divided into 3 teams of 18...but they ecided to cut it down to 6 teams of 9.....
mind you, these were the multi-lingual, theological masters/pators of England at the time....surely yu do not believe that you, one man, who is susceptible to human bias unchecked by brethren, could bring us this revelation from God that we haven't had ever, but suddenly, you will show us the way! You will bring us 95 percent of God's Word.

What have I been reading all this time?

LIVNBYFAITH 02-28-2008 10:37 PM

Hahhh!!!

Hey, I think this is "god of this world inspired" Good luck trying to be a scholar! Man it would SCARE ME SORE TO BE YOU!!! Have fun but I will stick with something that CHRIST was involved in Not YOU!

PS i will pray for you....:cool:

foley 02-28-2008 10:39 PM

gee, you guys, with the self righteous nonchalent attitude thats going on towards me i am not suprsised. It just serves to prove that what i am doing is of God. Was William Tyndales version good enough. Well the king james scholars certainly deemed it good enough to leave 90% of it in.
The innerant word of God has been preserved in the Greek for men to make a translation out of, and the majority texts certainly hold the most credibility, but i'm not sure whether i should carry on explaining my point of view seeing as you are all knashing your teeth at me like the Pharisee's did to Paul the apostle. Gods own people killed his only son because they had become "know it all self righteous pigheaded blind fools" and the way you are treating me is very similar, so lay off, as i am doing a work of god and you are judging it ahead of time. as proverbs says; he who judges a matter before hes seen and heard it fully, it is a shame and a folly unto him.:eek:
In fact the truth is judging by you vicious sarcastic attitudes, is that you all are operating out of the spirit of error and influenced by the God of this world in your dealings with me.I doubt one of you is a REAL christian, and if you are then your certainly not showing it.

bibleprotector 02-28-2008 10:42 PM

Quote:

before hes seen and heard it fully
Proverbs doesn't say that.

LIVNBYFAITH 02-28-2008 10:43 PM

????

Who's Got This One???

jblm1611 02-28-2008 10:50 PM

My God is spelled with a capital "G" not a lower case "g" I'm here to take a stand for my Saviour Jesus Christ and when the Word is being attacked then your attacking the very One who died for us all.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So if your god ( lower case ) has given you some divine revelation then you might want to try the spirits to see which one you are listening to.

1 John 4:1 Beloved believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

LIVNBYFAITH 02-28-2008 10:54 PM

Proverbs

Hey Proverbs DOES SAY THIS...

Prov: 1-7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but FOOLS despise wisdom and instruction.

And lastly for me this...

Prov: 1-10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

I was enticed to respond to your thread, But God's word tells me to NOT consent..... so good luck...

lei-kjvonly 02-28-2008 11:39 PM

Amen Living by Faith! I'm not going to argue with you about any of this foley, because obviously your not open to the truth anyway. And don't play MR. SPIRITUAL by making it sound like we're persecuting you for "His names sake." You came to us with a BOLD spirit and a bold spirit you'll get in return. So don't walk away shocked. You have BOLDLY contradicted and blasphemed our doctrine so I'll finish by letting scripture speak for itself.

Act 13:44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
Act 13:45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.
Act 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

A bold spirit requires a bold spirit!

jerry 02-29-2008 12:10 AM

It is sad that folly is determined to correct the Bible - and he can't even type right without countless spelling errors and grammatical blunders on a message board. I would hate to see his so-called "corrected" Bible...

Jeff 02-29-2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diligent (Post 982)
The 21st Century King James is already trademarked by KJ21 Publishers, so your new "almost God's word" translation will have to get a new title.

Perhaps the New King James Version? The Modern King James Version?

It's also sad that it's getting so hard for the hundreds of people writing a version that's better than all the others to come up with a unique name.

timothy 02-29-2008 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timothy (Post 1027)
Heh, my wife has a learning disability and she can understand the KJV.

Why not call your new Bible ABTV (Another Bible Translation Version)?)

I wasn't trying to be mean with what I wrote last night. It occured me this morning that it could be taken as mean spirited, so if that the feeling you got, I apologized for not being clear enough.

It is truth that my wife has a learning disability and that she can understand the KJV just fine. She gets lost in all the newer translation even with their guise of better readability. What would make yours any different than the other translations, who like your translation comapares themselves to the KJV? So really, to me, it's just another bible translation version.

Also Foley, I have a question for your consideration: Are you commissioned by a king to do this?

fundy 02-29-2008 06:02 AM

Full of the spirit

Hi Foley,

After you have finished perfecting the NT maybe you could come down to our local Cinese takeaway and straighten out their menu...last night I ordered sweet and sour pork but got deep fried dumplings instead.

They really need an expert like you to iron out all the translation errors in that thing.

I reckon the only spirit working away in you is called "Jack Daniels"

Fundy.

sting of truth 02-29-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sting of truth (Post 1010)
thank goodness i'm not as self righteous as this guy is, to think that a person who does not speak greek, or maybe even he does, could go back and correct the work of over 46 men who spoke the language fluently and were masters of the language.. maybe this guy is james white.. james white has a lot of self righteousness like this, always going and correcting the work of others on the nasb which he claims to be the bible.

i got just one question, nobody has ever answered it.

if the KJV is not the infallible, innerrant word of God, what is?

i'd really like to have foley respond to my question..

evstevemd 02-29-2008 03:36 PM

Mhh My posed Question

Hello there,
Praise Our good King Jesus!
As His son I have to pose a question!!:confused:
My Father is 100% out of error(I mean He is perfect!!:p)
My Question is;If there is no perfect word of God Unless
In Greek and Hebrew;then why are we NOT learning the languages?
Another Question;If Greek and Hebrew are perfect word of God,Then
Do we need only Greeks and Hebrews(And all who know the languages)
to preach to us? Because it sounds to me that NO Bible in other Languages
As the word of God is Pure!!!(Meaning 100% free of Impurity)

Suggestion:Foley,my dear,Since your Translation is already 5% Impure,then IT IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD!!:eek: Just call it a paraphrase or A BIBLE and NOT THE BIBLE
Stay blessed!:p
Ev. Steve

ploughboy 02-29-2008 04:35 PM

grade schoolers understand the KJV

G'day, Here’s one for ya. I teach a scripture class in Australian public schools. I only use and pass out and teach KJV. The kids understand the Bible. I give Bibles out (KJV only) to our year 6 students. One girl has read her KJV Bible half way through in 6 months. She loves it. (Maybe I should have told here how hard it was to understand) then I could have her pay thousands of dollars to go to seminary to help her understand that she can't understand the Bible.

If some one says the KJV is too hard to read they are flat out liars. Our 5th and 6th graders read it and love it.

ploughboy

foley 02-29-2008 08:59 PM

For you timothy! Theres a King called Jesus who has commisioned me to do this work.And yes he did! so stop knashing your teeth and thinking evil boy.I know most of your responses are based in what the scripture would say of the Jews against Paul(moved with envy)or if you like motifated by spite or jealousy. Did paul not say to judge nothing before the time! until god sheds light on the hidden things of darkness and exposes the motives of mens hearts?Are you really a christian? do you abide by the word of god or like all others just listen to the bits that suit you. Yes those who are spiritual judge all things: but thats not the context of my previous quote.
For you sting of truth! the ennerant word of God is in koine greek, period! Fact! end of story! IT WASN"T ORIGINALLY WRITTEN IN ENGLISH, it was TRANSLATED from" the "KOINE GREEK ENNERANT WORD OF GOD" INTO a theatrical language that was not even commonly spoken in those days.
you are all telling me about babies and 5 year olds and disabled people understanding the king james, well you know as well as i do that your all liars and you know very well there is a tonne of words in there that they don't understand and have need of a dictionary for, not to mention the back to front sentence structures, outdated words that have lost their meaning,and in some cases just plain mistranslations by the king james scholars.
This whole debate is simply about an OPINION as to which TRANSLATION is best.
i've said it once and i'll say it again. I have discovoured while doing my work, that the king james is about 80% accurate and offers very little in the way of transferable revelation to the reader, due to it's over reliance on LITERAL translation ideologies that supress the original intended meaning and misconstrue the exact context.
I'm gonna tell you all point blank the my version is gonna take over the modern world as the premier most read bible, and it will gain momentum very quickly and most if not all of you will be relying on it for your devotional reading and meditating on the word of god.
My version is approx 95% accurate while offering abundant revelation, clarity, substance, accuracy and complete ease of reading in TODAYS syntax word structures and meanings. But i can tell you all for certain that the words in the king james bible are simply the work of men doing the best job they could to represent the original greek scriptures.Nothing more, nothing less!!!

If you would like me to tell it to you straight, i will.

As i started translating, God informed me that he has given me the divine perogative to update the king james bible as i see fit, because he trusts me and that my bible will be the first to TRULY REPLACE the original king james bible.
I'm only doing the new testament and will be signing a deal with the TNIV and NLT bible publishers to use their versions for the old testament.

I amusing the LITV and greek interlinear and concordance and seven other translations available, including the NASB updated,the TNIV and the original king james, so stop panicing and just let god do his work through me.
I will inform you that i have(by necessity) resorted to approx 20% paraphrasing, 30% dynamic equivalence, and 50% literal translation techniques, just so you know what to expect.
this statement that the king james bible is the innerant word of god in english is just a blind pigheaded ignorant insecure assumption on all of your part, but in a way i understand your feelings because so many of the other translations we have a pure rubbish TINGED with stunning accuracy.
By using the other versions to help me i am effectively using the help of hundreds of scholars as opposed to your 40 or so scholars soi stop raving on at me about your woeful stance.
Even the original king james admitsin the preface "with the former translations diligently compared and revised".

bibleprotector 02-29-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

As i started translating, God informed me that he has given me the divine perogative to update the king james bible as i see fit, because he trusts me and that my bible will be the first to TRULY REPLACE the original king james bible.
The works and weapons of the enemies are dust and stubble. It is turning to incoherent typography.

Debau 02-29-2008 10:43 PM

Foley, God is not calling you to correct the KJB. You are less than a pygmy in comparison to men like Lancelot Andrews who penned his own daily devotions......in Greek, and John Bois read the scriptures at the age of 5....in Hebrew.(these guys were KJB translators). These guys conversed in Greek.
"motifated and innerant"!?! c'mon chief! You don't have a handle on English. You trifle with with Holy Writ at your own peril.
Yes young children do read the King James Bible and understand it. The scriptures are best received by one as children.(Mat 11:25) Who more to receive and understand them than children.
Foley is either a contentious spirit, a prankster, or just not wrapped too tight and should be avoided.(Rom 16:17)

LIVNBYFAITH 02-29-2008 11:10 PM

No No No!!

Hey, Let's back off this one. This is truly an EVIL spirit talking to him...

ROMANS: 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Let's not let this overcome us, This, error foely will pay for.

againstheresies 02-29-2008 11:33 PM

Response

Quote:

Originally Posted by sting of truth (Post 1085)
i'd really like to have foley respond to my question..

I am not Foley [for the record I think he may just be writing a little tongue in cheek] but I would like to answer your question if you do not mind. The KJV is a translation. The authors of the KJV were not inspired in the same way as the authors of the Bible. The KJV translators did an excellent job with the resources they had. They did not claim infallibility. They made a few translation errors, most have been corrected. A few remain today. The orthodox position of the church has always held to the inspiration of the original apograph not the copy. There are thousands of handwritten texts (a text is a copy in the original language and a translation is a copy in a different language) that have survived and they all have mistakes, they were copied by fallible men written by hand. Fortunately the problem is with less than 5% of the readings and there is a scientific way of deducing a text from the plethora of witnesses (the method is called lower criticism).

What we have today in English, Russian, German, and so forth are copies of God’s Word. They are inspired in the sense that they are a faithful witness to the original autograph. Making an English copy done in the 16th century and revised numbers of times through the years the standard by which all future translations are measured is an implausible position.

I do not question the motives of those who hold to such a position. I think all of you who do so do it with the intent to honor God’s Word. But in your efforts to demonstrate its reliability you demonstrate your ignorance of factual realities. I am sorry if this statement sounds harsh, the tone is intended to be one of compassionate criticism.

Below is a brief article on the reliability of God’s Word
http://www.carm.org/demo2/bible/reliable.htm

Below is a link to a brief article on textual criticism
http://members.aol.com/rbiblech/Misc...OfTheBible.htm

sting of truth 03-01-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by againstheresies (Post 1107)
I am not Foley [for the record I think he may just be writing a little tongue in cheek] but I would like to answer your question if you do not mind. The KJV is a translation. The authors of the KJV were not inspired in the same way as the authors of the Bible. The KJV translators did an excellent job with the resources they had. They did not claim infallibility. They made a few translation errors, most have been corrected. A few remain today. The orthodox position of the church has always held to the inspiration of the original apograph not the copy. There are thousands of handwritten texts (a text is a copy in the original language and a translation is a copy in a different language) that have survived and they all have mistakes, they were copied by fallible men written by hand. Fortunately the problem is with less than 5% of the readings and there is a scientific way of deducing a text from the plethora of witnesses (the method is called lower criticism).

What we have today in English, Russian, German, and so forth are copies of God’s Word. They are inspired in the sense that they are a faithful witness to the original autograph. Making an English copy done in the 16th century and revised numbers of times through the years the standard by which all future translations are measured is an implausible position.

I do not question the motives of those who hold to such a position. I think all of you who do so do it with the intent to honor God’s Word. But in your efforts to demonstrate its reliability you demonstrate your ignorance of factual realities. I am sorry if this statement sounds harsh, the tone is intended to be one of compassionate criticism.

Below is a brief article on the reliability of God’s Word
http://www.carm.org/demo2/bible/reliable.htm

Below is a link to a brief article on textual criticism
http://members.aol.com/rbiblech/Misc...OfTheBible.htm

i thought you were going to answer my question.. here let me ask it again. in one sentance, maybe 2.. here it goes so pay attention

if the king james bible has a single error, which english bible, or any bible for that matter gives me all 66 books of the bible that are without error? and tell me where i can buy copies of them. because i want the written, inerrant, divinely preserved word of God...

lei-kjvonly 03-01-2008 12:47 AM

Well Foley you are being influenced by a spirit for sure. But it's not of God I'll tell you that much! Also one more thing before I go, you said we were all going to use "your" bible some day as our study tool. I BEG TO DIFFER! I definitely believe you are being influenced by a god.the god of this world has taken over your mind! That's why you can't and don't want to see the truth.

Now you can't get mad at me about the following verse because Christ said it. Just make sure you take it out of your own "bible" whenever you translate it. That way it won't bother you any more.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

I'm through talking to you for this very reason:

Pro 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly,lest thou also be like unto him.

ploughboy 03-01-2008 03:22 AM

Unbelievable

I can't believe there has actually been 31 now 32 replies to this. Just say nothing. Bible correctors love attention. This will kill them.

ploughboy

jerry 03-01-2008 07:01 AM

Wow, Foley - God is supposedly leading you to do a new translation that is only 80-95% accurate, that mixes corrupt texts together - YET you cannot even post in a Christlike spirit. I don't think it is God directing you...

Biblestudent 03-01-2008 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foley (Post 966)
I am currently updating and revising the king james new testament with the help of the holy spirit, and it has made me realise just how badly written the king james is and how a lot of potential revelation is missing due to obscure verses and bad sentence structure and mistranslations and the fact that it is so literal(which doesn't translate well to other languages) Just because you may have got used to quoting the king james bible, it doesn't mean there can be no other.
Pesonally i would rate the king james bible at about 80% accurate with 60% of potential revelation available out of 100.
I am basing it on the king james manuscripts and am quite aware of the dubious carnal man made modern versions available and will be avoiding their mistakes at all costs so don't worry. ;)

Wow! Sorry, that I am amused at this. Sounds that you are kidding, right? (I'm friendly; I mean no harm in saying this.)
I had a term paper on "The Masters Behind the Masterpiece". I wonder how one can correct the "masterpiece" of English literature made by "masters" who were conversant in fourteen languages, read Hebrew at four, writes Greek at six, university Greek professor at nineteen, a third university, a walking library, debates in Greek and Latin at tournaments, grew up in Biblical languages and have difficulty speaking in the their native language (as I say it, they can play "hide-and-seek" using Greek), have written lexicons and dictionaries, invented rulers, wrote commentaries on the Church Fathers' writings, tutored royalties in mathematics and languages, etc.etc. Of course the KJV is more than a masterpiece by the masters; it is the Word of God, preserved by God, Who used men of God that were zealous anti-papists and were two-hour preachers.
I remember the story of a young preacher, who presented three reasons why a word is wrongly translated, to which a KJB translator presented 13 more other reasons why the word is correctly translated. Each word in the KJV has passed AT LEAST 14X over the heads of these genius and Godly men.
That's why I'm amused what expertise and Spirit-guidance one person can have compared to the expertise and Spirit-guidance of those 47 men.

jblm1611 03-01-2008 08:15 AM

I agree with livnbyfaith, Foley is listening from his heart which is wicked above all things and not the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I do believe Foley you need to try the spirits like I said before. There is alot of pride and alot of arrogants about your revelation of your so called translation. If you believe so much that God preserved only the originals then stop your translation and spend that time learning Hebrew and Greek. Be very careful at what you do when you begin to mess with Gods Word. What you sow you will reap.

jblm1611 03-01-2008 08:23 AM

One more thing to add just like lei-kjvonly said I am tired of listening to all of foley's foolishness. I have said all that needs to be said, and I have defended my Lord and His Word so I intend to put foley on my ignore list. I pray that foley will see the true light and quit listening to that one who transforms himself into an angel of light.

Pastor Mikie 03-01-2008 09:42 AM

Quoting Foley...
God informed me that he has given me the divine perogative to update the king james bible as i see fit...

WOW! I really hope this is a rouse and not real.

Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Proverbs 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Jeff 03-01-2008 12:07 PM

Foley, if I'm going to be replacing the KJV with your version I'd like to know more about you.

Would you mind giving your testimony as to when and how you came to know the Lord? How and in what church have you been serving? What has the Lord done in your life up until this time?

The idea that your version will gain great popularity quickly and replace the KJB as the standard authority sounds somewhat prophetic. Have you received other prophecies, and if so what was their outcome?

againstheresies 03-01-2008 02:54 PM

Response

Quote:

Originally Posted by sting of truth (Post 1112)
i thought you were going to answer my question.. here let me ask it again. in one sentance, maybe 2.. here it goes so pay attention

if the king james bible has a single error, which english bible, or any bible for that matter gives me all 66 books of the bible that are without error? and tell me where i can buy copies of them. because i want the written, inerrant, divinely preserved word of God...

What you demand, an infallible copy or an infallible translation may not exist!

Copyists and translators all make mistakes. The original apograph is inspired. The authors of Scripture did not make mistakes. The copyists and translators do their best to reproduce a faithful witness of the apograph, but they make mistakes. Technology has diminished the possibility of mistakes, but they still occur. The finished work is inspired in the sense that it reproduces the original. When you try to apply inspiration to the translators of KJV or the copyists of the Greek manuscripts in the same way that the apostle Paul was inspired you have a problem. First, the Scripture never makes such a claim. Second, none of the extant manuscripts perfectly agree and further even after many revisions the KJV today has two versions that do not perfectly agree (Oxford and Cambridge).

In His providence God chose to preserve His Word in the plethora of extant witnesses. No other document of antiquity is represented as well as the text of Scripture. Perhaps one of the reasons we do not have the Apostle Paul’s original letters is because some in the church would likely make it some sort of relic to be worshiped. Another reason may be that some in the church may not be willing to share its contents freely with the public. I do not know of all the reasons why God chose to preserve His Word in this manner, since He did this must be the best way.

You may ignore the facts if you wish and believe what you want, but like the people in the story about the Emperor’s new clothes your faith does not change reality.

http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/Empe...ew-Clothes.htm