For a complete Scripture study system, try SwordSearcher Bible Software, which includes the unabridged version of this dictionary. Once you experience the swiftness and ease-of-use SwordSearcher gives you right on your own computer, combined with the most powerful search features available, you will never want to use the web to do online study again. Includes tens of thousands of topical, encyclopedic, and commentary entries all linked to verses, fully searchable by topic or verse reference.
Also try Daily Bible and Prayer to design your own Bible reading programs and track your prayer list.
GEN'TLE, a. See Genteel. Well born; of a good family or respectable birth, though not noble; as the studies of noble and gentle youth; gentle blood.
1. Mild; meek; soft; bland; not rough, harsh or severe; as a gentle nature, temper or disposition; a gentle manner; a gentle address; a gentle voice. 1 Thess. 27. 2 Tim.2.
2. Tame; peaceable; not wild, turbulent or refractory; as a gentle horse or beast.
3. Soothing; pacific.
4. Treating with mildness; not violent.
A gentle hand may lead the elephant with a hair.
GEN'TLE, n. A gentleman.
1. A kind of worm.
GEN'TLE, v.t. To make genteel; to raise from the vulgar.
GEN'TLENESS, n. See Gentle. Dignity of birth. Little used.
1. Genteel behavior.
2. Softness of manners; mildness of temper; sweetness of disposition; meekness.
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith. Gal.5.
3. Kindness; benevolence.
4. Tenderness; mild treatment.
"Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read" —Isaiah 34:16, KJV
Website ©2015 AV1611.COM's webmaster. Various texts copyrighted by their authors.