For a complete Scripture study system, try SwordSearcher Bible Software, which includes the unabridged version of this dictionary. Once you experience the swiftness and ease-of-use SwordSearcher gives you right on your own computer, combined with the most powerful search features available, you will never want to use the web to do online study again. Includes tens of thousands of topical, encyclopedic, and commentary entries all linked to verses, fully searchable by topic or verse reference.
Also try Daily Bible and Prayer to design your own Bible reading programs and track your prayer list.
DRAUGHT, n. Draft. from draw, drag.
1. The act of drawing; as a horse or ox fit for draught.
2. The quality of being drawn; as a cart of plow of easy draught.
3. The drawing of liquor into the mouth and throat; the act of drinking.
4. The quantity of liquor drank at once.
5. The act of delineating, or that which is delineated; a representation by lines, as the figure of a house, a machine, a fort, &c., described on paper.
6. Representation by picture; figure painted, or drawn by the pencil.
7. The act of drawing a net; a sweeping for fish.
8. That which is taken by sweeping with a net; as a draught of fishes. Luke 5.
9. The drawing or bending of a bow; the act of shooting with a bow and arrow.
10. The act of drawing men from a military band, army or post; also, the forces drawn; a detachment. See Draft, which is more generally used.
11. A sink or drain. Matthew 15.
12. An order for the payment of money; a bill of exchange. See Draft.
13. The depth of water necessary to float a ship, or the depth a ship sinks in water, especially when laden; as a ship of twelve feet draught.
14. In England, a small allowance on weighable goods, made by the king to the importer, or by the seller to the buyer, to insure full weight.
15. A sudden attack or drawing on an enemy. Query.
16. A writing composed.
17. Draughts, a kind of game resembling chess.
DRAUGHT, v.t. To draw out; to call forth. See Draft.
"Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read" —Isaiah 34:16, KJV
Website ©2015 AV1611.COM's webmaster. Various texts copyrighted by their authors.