For a complete Scripture study system, try SwordSearcher Bible Software, which includes the unabridged version of this dictionary. Once you experience the swiftness and ease-of-use SwordSearcher gives you right on your own computer, combined with the most powerful search features available, you will never want to use the web to do online study again. Includes tens of thousands of topical, encyclopedic, and commentary entries all linked to verses, fully searchable by topic or verse reference.
Also try Daily Bible and Prayer to design your own Bible reading programs and track your prayer list.
1. To press and bruise between two hard bodies; to squeeze, so as to force a thing out of its natural shape; to bruise by pressure.
The ass--crushed Balaams foot against the wall. Numbers 22.
To crush grapes or apples, is to squeeze them till bruised and broken, so that the juice escapes. Hence, to crush out, is to force out by pressure.
2. To press with violence; to force together into a mass.
3. To overwhelm by pressure; to beat or force down, by an incumbent weight, with breaking or bruising; as, the man was crushed by the fall of a tree.
To crush the pillars which the pile sustain.
Who are crushed before the moth. Job 4.
4. To overwhelm by power; to subdue; to conquer beyond resistance; as, to crush ones enemies; to crush a rebellion.
5. To oppress grievously.
Thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed always. Deuteronomy 28.
6. To bruise and break into fine particles by beating or grinding; to comminute.
CRUSH, v.i. To be pressed into a smaller compass by external weight or force.
CRUSH, n. A violent collision, or rushing together, which breaks or bruises the bodies; or a fall that breaks or bruises into a confused mass; as the crush of a large tree, or of a building.
The wrecks of matter, and the crush of worlds.
CRUSHED, pp. Pressed or squeezed so as to break or bruise; overwhelmed or subdued by power; broken or bruised by a fall; grievously oppressed; broken or bruised to powder; comminuted.
CRUSHING, ppr. Pressing or squeezing into a mass, or until broken or bruised; overwhelming; subduing by force; oppressing; comminuting.
"Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read" —Isaiah 34:16, KJV
Website ©2016 AV1611.COM's webmaster. Various texts copyrighted by their authors.