Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:25 PM

Default Peter S. Ruckman's work

Anyone have any book recommendations from this brother? I've decided I should read some of his works and if anyone thinks I should begin with such an such a book please let me know.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-02-2008, 11:56 PM

Any of his Bible Comentaries is a good place start with Genesis.

However youare going to find he is crude and sometimes offensive. sometimes he is really humorous.

I would suggest you over look some of those things and just get from him of the Bible.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:33 AM
Scott Simons

Get his DVDs they are great
Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 AM

It might be best in your case to first get to know the author before reading his material. I'm sure you already have an idea of what others think of him, so I would recommend reading his autobiographies first, then get into his material. You will much better understand where he's coming from and why he says what he says.

I would suggest "The Full Cup: A Chronicle of Grace" and "Memoirs of a Twentieth Century Circuit Riding Preacher."

They are both easy reading and entertaining, I promise!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:34 AM

Thanks guys. Yeah I realize he has some unsavoury aspects about his presentation sometimes. I'm ok with that. I also realize he believes some things I disagree with. I'm ok with that too. What I like about the guy is that he's quite bright and he knows his Bible very well. I think I could learn from this brother, particularly in the area of prophecy.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 09-03-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Anyone have any book recommendations from this brother? I've decided I should read some of his works and if anyone thinks I should begin with such an such a book please let me know.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen

Aloha Stephanos,

This may surprise you (and others) but I do not recommend that you get any of brother Ruckman's materials at this time. If you have read my Posts you know that I have rigorously defended brother Ruckman when he has been maligned or falsely accused, but I do not recommend him to all Christians.

I don't normally do this but since you have asked, I will give you a few recommendations on who you should read:

The "Which Bible?" Issue - "Forever Settled" by Jack Moorman (probably the best "first book" on the subject). or "Bible Version Manual" by Donald T. Clarke (another excellent "first book" - if you can find it) Any Books by Edward Hills, David Otis Fuller, W. P. Grady, Thomas D. Holland, Floyd Nolan Jones, Douglas D. Stauffer, etc. (There's lots more)

Dispensationalism - "Dispensationalism" by David E. Walker (an excellent "primer" on how to "rightly divide" the word of God)

Cults & Psychiatry/Psychology - Books and essays by Dave Hunt & T.A. McMahon {The Berean Call} (One of the best sources on the Apostasy in the churches today). A word of caution - brother Hunt & McMahon are not as strong on the King James Bible as some of us are.

Psychology/Psychology - Books by Martin & Diedre Bobgan (absolutely the best source for information on the infiltration of the perverse influence of psychiatry and psychology in the churches)

Emerging Church Movement {ECM} - "Faith Undone" by Roger Oakland (Excellent source on the "seeker church" or "Emerging Church Movement" {ECM} that is sweeping across America - Rick Warren, etc.)

Education & Schooling - Any Book by Samuel Blumenfeld

Evolution & Creation - "The Evolution Cruncher" by Vance Ferrel (992 pages refuting evolution on every point) Any Books byHenry M. Morris or Harry Rimmer

Brother Ruckman has some excellent books and commentaries, but his "style" often puts people off, so I would say, at this point, check out some of these authors - depending on your interest.

Rather than rely on someone for discernment and understanding the Bible - I would recommend you study, pray, meditate, and read the Bible without outside "helps".
Old 09-03-2008, 05:32 PM

Default Peter S. Ruckman's work

One book that I still have of his that I have found to be very useful in rebuking those that bring up the so called "errors" in the King James Bible is....

"Errors in the KJB" List the so called "contradictions" and shows how they are not.

But as far as Bible study I believe you should just stick with the Bible and only the Bible.
Men can't say it any better than God.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:21 PM

One Better Stephanos,

get some books from James Knox. he is very Bible centered and interprets literally and sticks to the point without so much bashing.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha Stephanos,

This may surprise you (and others) but I do not recommend that you get any of brother Ruckman's materials at this time. If you have read my Posts you know that I have rigorously defended brother Ruckman when he has been maligned or falsely accused, but I do not recommend him to all Christians.

I don't normally do this but since you have asked, I will give you a few recommendations on who you should read:

The "Which Bible?" Issue - "Forever Settled" by Jack Moorman (probably the best "first book" on the subject). or "Bible Version Manual" by Donald T. Clarke (another excellent "first book" - if you can find it) Any Books by Edward Hills, David Otis Fuller, W. P. Grady, Thomas D. Holland, Floyd Nolan Jones, Douglas D. Stauffer, etc. (There's lots more)

Dispensationalism - "Dispensationalism" by David E. Walker (an excellent "primer" on how to "rightly divide" the word of God)

Cults & Psychiatry/Psychology - Books and essays by Dave Hunt & T.A. McMahon {The Berean Call} (One of the best sources on the Apostasy in the churches today). A word of caution - brother Hunt & McMahon are not as strong on the King James Bible as some of us are.

Psychology/Psychology - Books by Martin & Diedre Bobgan (absolutely the best source for information on the infiltration of the perverse influence of psychiatry and psychology in the churches)

Emerging Church Movement {ECM} - "Faith Undone" by Roger Oakland (Excellent source on the "seeker church" or "Emerging Church Movement" {ECM} that is sweeping across America - Rick Warren, etc.)

Education & Schooling - Any Book by Samuel Blumenfeld

Evolution & Creation - "The Evolution Cruncher" by Vance Ferrel (992 pages refuting evolution on every point) Any Books byHenry M. Morris or Harry Rimmer

Brother Ruckman has some excellent books and commentaries, but his "style" often puts people off, so I would say, at this point, check out some of these authors - depending on your interest.

Rather than rely on someone for discernment and understanding the Bible - I would recommend you study, pray, meditate, and read the Bible without outside "helps".
I've got quite a few KJB defense books, but could always use more. I have all of Gail Riplingers books, Dr. Thomas Holland's book, Floyd Nolen Jones' book, and finally Dr. Douglas D. Stauffer's (I wonder if his family comes from the Stauffer Mennonites) "One Book Stands Alone."

Most of your other books look like ones I'll have to add to the ol Amazon wish list. Thanks.

The reason I want to get some Ruckman material is because I've really enjoyed watching him on youtube and want to see how well his preaching transfers to writing. I absolutely agree that the Bible should be the place I go to study the Bible (comparing spiritual things with spiritual things...) and that's why I never really said I wanted to get his commentaries. I did say his material on prophesy would be intersting, but this is mainly because he seems to know this subject quite well. He has other material that looks interesting (non-commentaries), perhaps something among those books is worth getting?

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 09-04-2008, 06:46 AM

a good compainion book is One Book rightly divided by Doug Stauffer. forever settled is an excellent one to read though not just for defence but for general information. You may like the style of James Knox I would loan one of mine but you're so far away.

go to http://www.kjv1611.org/BBB/Bulletin%...oad%20Page.htm you can down load Ruckman's bulletins for free lots of gems there.