Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Default Capstone? or Cornerstone?

I have always remember Christ as our cornerstone as my KJB says. But last weekend I thought I heard the word "capstone" from Acts 4:11 from someone who uses the NIV. I found the verse in NIV to confrim what I heard below.

Acts 4:11 (New International Version)
11He is " 'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone.

So what is a capstone? Isn't a capstone on top of a pyramid or something? A capstone is certainly not a cornerstone. Am I wrong?

Any insights to this word change by the NIV and it's significance will be much appreciated.

Tim
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-07-2009, 03:42 PM

Hi Brother

The change in the niv is yet another indication of "new age" theology. The capstone was indeed as its name suggests "the top" of a pyramid, newagers believed that they could channel nimrod through the capstone, its also used in freemasonry I believe. Also the capstone or coping stone is used in modern building as the top of a wall, not the foundation. Another fine example of modern versions diminishing our very foundation in Jesus Christ.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:56 PM

Yes, the capstone is a symbol of Free Masonry. Have you ever looked closely at the pyramid on the back of a one dollar bill? Underneath you will see the Roman numerals

MDCCLXXVI

Now, of course, these numbers are:

M= 1000
D= 500
C= 100
L= 50
X= 10
I= 1

So 1000 + 500 + 200 + 50 + 20 + 5 + 1 = 1776

So, these Roman numerals add up to 1776, the year the United States of America was founded.

But here is something fascinating, the number 666 is hidden in this number.

When you write a 3 digit number like 427, the first number (from left to right) represents parts of a thousand, the second number represents parts of a hundred, the third number represents parts of ten. This is much easier to understand when reading decimals. For instance, we say .1" is one tenth of an inch, .01" equals one hundreth of an inch, and .001" equals one thousandth of an inch. But numbers work the same left of the decimal point

So, the M in this number represents parts of a thousand. The next two numbers D and C add up to 600. Then we have C which represents parts of a hundred. The next two numbers are L and X which add up to 60. Then we have the X which stands for parts of a ten followed by the numbers V and I which add to 6.

So, we have the number 600, 60, and 6. And this is what the Bible identifies as the Mark of the Beast.

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Now, I am not absolutely saying the Mark of the Beast is on our dollar bill, but the coincidence is amazing. No other Roman numeral works out exactly like this. And remember, without this mark you will not be able to buy or sale. So it is a financial number.

And the all-seeing eye in the cap-stone is a Free Mason symbol that goes back to ancient Egypt and Babylonia.

Something to think about.

Last edited by Winman; 05-07-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:25 PM

Winman and Peopleoftheway, thanks for answering my question so quickly. It's amazing that the word capstone is used instead. The word has a whole different meaning and implications. Thanks again for you help.
Tim
Old 05-07-2009, 08:57 PM

Default Thanks for your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Yes, the capstone is a symbol of Free Masonry. Have you ever looked closely at the pyramid on the back of a one dollar bill? Underneath you will see the Roman numerals

MDCCLXXVI

Now, of course, these numbers are:

M= 1000
D= 500
C= 100
L= 50
X= 10
I= 1

So 1000 + 500 + 200 + 50 + 20 + 5 + 1 = 1776

So, these Roman numerals add up to 1776, the year the United States of America was founded.

But here is something fascinating, the number 666 is hidden in this number.

When you write a 3 digit number like 427, the first number (from left to right) represents parts of a thousand, the second number represents parts of a hundred, the third number represents parts of ten. This is much easier to understand when reading decimals. For instance, we say .1" is one tenth of an inch, .01" equals one hundreth of an inch, and .001" equals one thousandth of an inch. But numbers work the same left of the decimal point

So, the M in this number represents parts of a thousand. The next two numbers D and C add up to 600. Then we have C which represents parts of a hundred. The next two numbers are L and X which add up to 60. Then we have the X which stands for parts of a ten followed by the numbers V and I which add to 6.

So, we have the number 600, 60, and 6. And this is what the Bible identifies as the Mark of the Beast.

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Now, I am not absolutely saying the Mark of the Beast is on our dollar bill, but the coincidence is amazing. No other Roman numeral works out exactly like this. And remember, without this mark you will not be able to buy or sale. So it is a financial number.

And the all-seeing eye in the cap-stone is a Free Mason symbol that goes back to ancient Egypt and Babylonia.

Something to think about.
Bro. Winman, I'll just try to copy of your post. It's an excellent study that I can share in our church. God bless!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
I have always remember Christ as our cornerstone as my KJB says. But last weekend I thought I heard the word "capstone" from Acts 4:11 from someone who uses the NIV. I found the verse in NIV to confrim what I heard below.

11He is " 'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone.

So what is a capstone? Isn't a capstone on top of a pyramid or something? A capstone is certainly not a cornerstone. Am I wrong?

Any insights to this word change by the NIV and it's significance will be much appreciated.

Tim
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Tim, the stone(Christ) that the Jews rejected has become the chief cornerstone:

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Below Peter quotes Isaiah 28:16, which is the OT root for this doctrine:

1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

This passage in Isaiah confirms Christ as both foundation and chief cornerstone:

Isa 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

Paul dogmatically and finally confirms this with no deviation:

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

The NIV translators do their best to destroy the cross-reference system of Bible study in Isaiah 28:9-13 with this verse and many others. Note how they have broken the link between Acts 4:11 and Eph. 2:20:

Act 4:11 He is " 'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone.(NIV)

Eph 2:20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.(NIV)

In the NIV in Isaiah we see the NIV being "all bibles to all heresies" as it refuses to translate "Lord" and substitutes the Calvinist "sovereign":

Isa 28:16 So this is what the Sovereign LORD says: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed.(NIV)

When you hear someone talk about the "Sovereign Grace of God", that is a Calvinist speaking and always translate "sovereign grace" for what they really mean. "absolute predestination". I attended a Calvinist college unbeknownst to me at the time, I know of what I speak, brother.

The "capstone" reading is, according to the Wiccas and occultists I know on the web and in person, a verse the NIV translators threw out to them as the "sovereign" reading to Calvinsts, to give them a toe-hold into the Bible for their false teaching of Christ being one of Twelve "Ascended Masters" AKA "Avatars". Buddhah, Mohammed, Vishnu, etc, their "Christ" is the top of the heap towards Godhood that these occultists seek, not very different from the theology of Mormonism and Herbert W. Armstrong and Garner Ted. Basic Hinduism in ascending to godhood through multiple lives and works.

We know one Man, the Man Christ Jesus, is the only One to ascend to heaven by His own power:

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Gail Ripplinger knew what she was talking about in NEW AGE BIBLE VERSIONS, be sure of that.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 05-08-2009, 05:06 PM

Hi Tony, thanks for all the scripture references. They are going to the margin of my Bible. Please take care.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
Hi Tony, thanks for all the scripture references. They are going to the margin of my Bible. Please take care.
Tim, this verse I want you to look at is one of my illustrations of how people CAN teach a heresy, this verse is from a KJV. You must remember till the JWs "translated" their own Bible all they had were a few out in left field things like the "Emphatic Diaglott", they established themselves and Charles Taze Russell founded the JWs by teaching from a KJV. The NIV is now and I think will remain our main enemy among the "versions" for many years as it is the New INTERNATIONAL Version and is being marketed as "all bibles to all unlearned". Let me show you what we could do just with a KJV:

Zec 2:6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.

I just gave you the Scriptural proof for Santa Claus. Didn't I?

Could I not teach to millions of children that yes, he flees from the land of the north bearing gifts in all directions, all over the earth, on Christmas Eve, a holy day? Hey, the Lord DID say it, didn't He? I mean, Santa must be God as the little song says, he knows when you've been sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows when you've been bad or good, be good for goodness sake? Don't the little extra Biblical song subscribe to Santa the attributes of Deity?

And millions would believe that and before long I'd be driving a Cadillac.

You see how easy it is to teach error and heresy from a KJV, how much easier is it to teach it from just another translation of Vaticanus?

Hold fast Tim, all the days of your life and never depart from your KJV.

Grace and peace to you brother.

Tony
Old 05-12-2009, 02:35 AM

11He is
" 'the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the capstone.[a]'[b]

Footnotes:

1. Acts 4:11 Or cornerstone
2. Acts 4:11 Psalm 118:22
Old 05-12-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmonk View Post

11He is
" 'the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the capstone.[a]'[b]

Footnotes:

1. Acts 4:11 Or cornerstone
2. Acts 4:11 Psalm 118:22
That just shows another contradiction, as a capstone is the TOP of a building / Wall and the cornerstone is the foundation. Couldn't the translators make their minds up if Christ was the foundation or was the Top? which is it? it cannot be both.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.