Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:09 PM

Wonderful Renee my sister in Christ!
A great testimony to the union of marriage, if only values were held so honorably in this day and age. May the LORD continue to bless both you and George and give you many more years to come. I know when God sees fit he will send me someone and I pray that The Love is as strong as both of you and my grandparents

God Bless
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Scott Simons

Aloha Brother George,

My wife and I are come to Hawaii on the 6th of November to the 27th for our 35th anniversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Re: Did Jesus Christ Come To Start A church, etc.?

The answer to your first question:
#1. Did Jesus come to start a church? YES – but only AFTER His rejection by His people (the Jews – the Nation of Israel). God in His foreknowledge, knowing in advance that the Jews would ultimately reject their King and Saviour, made provision to extend His offer to the Gentiles, temporarily setting aside His people {the Jews} until He can gather together a Gentile “BRIDE” for His son, after which He will return and claim His Kingdom and take His rightful place as King – not only of the Jews, but of the whole world.
[John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: ]

The answer to your second question:
#2. Or did Jesus come to start “a new church”? NO – Jesus Christ has only ONE CHURCH (The Body of Christ – The Bride). He did not establish His church until AFTER His rejection by the Nation of Israel; and AFTER His death, burial, and resurrection. There was no New Testament Church on earth until AFTER the death of the Testator.
[Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.]

{This is why we must be extremely careful in “rightly dividing the word of God” especially when it comes to the Gospels, since most of the words spoken in them are directed at Jews (the Nation of Israel) and not the church.}

Remember WHO? Like the “Wise Old Owl” we should be asking:
WHO – Said that?
WHO– Was he speaking to?
WHO– Does this apply to?
WHO– Should follow and obey?
WHO– Is this written to?

The answer to your third question:
#3. When did the church first start? Better, brighter, and more capable men than I have debated this issue for centuries. Based on my limited knowledge of Scripture, I believe the church of God began at Pentecost. It began with only pork abstaining, Sabbath observing, circumcised Jews; and expanded out to half-Jews (the Samaritans); and finally spread out to the Gentiles (all the peoples of the world).

The church was revealed to Peter and the original Apostles, but it was not fully understood until God revealed the mystery of the church to the Apostle Paul.

This is a very long “Thread” (even for me ), and I haven’t included even half of what I could have - if I had the time and space. I hope this may be of some “help” to you and not too confusing.

Ok questions one at a time.
Remember WHO? Like the “Wise Old Owl” we should be asking:
WHO – Said that?
WHO– Was he speaking to?
WHO– Does this apply to?
WHO– Should follow and obey?
WHO– Is this written to?

Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. Matthew 18:15

Jesus said this.
The Jews, ???? The House of Israel ??? But not the church because it did not exisit
Does it apply to ? the Jews, no because they are not or have a church
Should follow ? Can't fixure it out
Is it written ? the future

What church is Jesus talking about, the one he going to build?

So these verses have no immediate application because the church does not exisit and must be use later.

I am having a hard time fitting this in to the pattern of rightly divided word the WHO system.
I am new at this type of formatting.
Help
Old 09-10-2008, 07:32 AM

Acts 7:37-38
37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.
38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
Old 09-10-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
he asked my Gran's sister if he could write to My Gran, she agreed and through their letters he asked her to marry him when he returned from war
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
It brought back fond memories when you told of your Grandpa and Grandma writing letters and finally marrying. George and I were separated by hundreds of miles of ocean, we bared our hearts in our letters and came to know and understand each other this way.
For me too.

Brandon and I also had a "letter courtship". He lived in California and I lived in Hawaii. In our months of writing we got to know each other very well. I highly suggest that form of getting to know each other. Face to face or phone calls just aren't the same as writing heartfelt letters focusing on what you believe, want, hopes, dreams etc. Where you're more your real self and less likely to let the physical attraction of how good someone looks override the importance of WHO they are and WHAT they believe.

He was NIV+ at time. While in Hawaii getting to know my family he brought the KJV question up with my Dad who went over verses with him and answered his questions. We went out and got him a KJB and he started studying it himself. You can see where his studies took him.

We got married soon after that. This summer made 14 years for us.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Acts 7:37-38
37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.
38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
That is a good one, most people don't what to address that
Old 09-10-2008, 08:34 AM

Yes its a great verse, however I dont think it applies to the "Church" As In the Body of Christ but the "Church" as In the Elders of that time being spiritual leaders and teaching the family or gathering. This extended outside the family as fellowship of those that believed in God. These are my thoughts though and "when" the Church started is not a fundamental doctrine.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
For me too.

Brandon and I also had a "letter courtship". He lived in California and I lived in Hawaii. In our months of writing we got to know each other very well. I highly suggest that form of getting to know each other. Face to face or phone calls just aren't the same as writing heartfelt letters focusing on what you believe, want, hopes, dreams etc. Where you're more your real self and less likely to let the physical attraction of how good someone looks override the importance of WHO they are and WHAT they believe.

He was NIV+ at time. While in Hawaii getting to know my family he brought the KJV question up with my Dad who went over verses with him and answered his questions. We went out and got him a KJB and he started studying it himself. You can see where his studies took him.

Wonderful,
The LORD truly blesses some people in many different ways and to find that soul mate is a wonderful thing. I still havent found the right Girl, mainly because I wasnt dating Christian Girls (Before I came back to the LORD) but I know in my heart that the LORD will bless me with her when he sees fit.
Maybe shes typing the very same thing on another forum somewhere else, you never know! But God does.
And may he continue to bless both you and Brandon for many more years to come
Old 09-10-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
For me too.

Another sweet love story posted in this forum! Thanks for sharing, JaeByrd. God bless you and Brandon!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Answers to questions

Aloha brother Scott,

I will answer your questions shortly. Hopefully my answers will be shorter than the last time. However, let me assure you that "rightly dividing" is not as difficult as you may think.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:32 PM

Scott,

Church also means assembly. there was an asembly in the wilderness.

to often we think of church in it's degraded form as to always mean beleivers or a building where beleivers met meet. the context gives the meaning 99% of the time.

the word church is a broad meaning word and so we must learn to rightly divide the scripture and then apply the proper meaning of the word church to it.

A good unabridged Campbridge or Webster dictionary is a really good investment for any Bible Student.