Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:13 AM

Default 3 days & 3 nights

Hi Guys - I was asked a question the other day by a sister who is studying the resurrection of Christ. I would like to know were some of you stand in regards to the following link:

http://www.tgm.org/3DaysN3Nites.html

Look forward to hearing from you.

God bless

PaulB
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-16-2009, 11:43 AM

I don't agree, that is a Wensday crucifixion. Seventh day Adventist like that one, as it has Christ rising on Saturday at evening. Just fits their Sabbath worship scheme.

However I have studied the crucifixion several times, and agree on Thursday however. There is much evidence to support a Thursday crucifixion in the Gospels. But someone else will have to go into that. I am not a typist, and it takes me much to long to type those long posts. Which is what it will take to present the case.
A Thursday crucifixion works out the three days, and nights nicely. And explains why the resurrection was before daylight, Sunday.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:50 AM

Default Samuel

Thanks Samuel - I really appreciate your help and the site that you posted for me. This is a good forum to find out the things that you need to know.

God bless

PaulB
Old 07-16-2009, 12:14 PM

Well here is a link that explains it really well. You have to realize there were two Sabbaths that year, the Gospel of John reveals it, and he also gives reference to the verse. He explains how all things to do with the Pass-Over Lamb, were fulfilled in Jesus by a Thursday Crucifixion.

One thing I did not notice, was whether he mentioned that a statement by Pilot, also confirms a Passover day Crucifixion.

http://www.tedmontgomery.com/bblovrv...day/index.html
Old 07-17-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
I don't agree, that is a Wensday crucifixion. Seventh day Adventist like that one, as it has Christ rising on Saturday at evening. Just fits their Sabbath worship scheme.

However I have studied the crucifixion several times, and agree on Thursday however. There is much evidence to support a Thursday crucifixion in the Gospels. But someone else will have to go into that. I am not a typist, and it takes me much to long to type those long posts. Which is what it will take to present the case.
A Thursday crucifixion works out the three days, and nights nicely. And explains why the resurrection was before daylight, Sunday.
The resurrection was at sundown on Saturday night, the ending of the Jewish Sabbath. Samuel, you'll pardon me for saying this, I think it's a little silly to make light of a sound Biblical doctrine just because "...well, it agrees with the SDAs..."

The Catholic Thursday error is so we can have our "Sunday sabbath". Jesus died and was buried and resurrected according to the Jewish time and custom for reckoning time, not the Gentile. A "day" is reckoned in Jewish manner from sunset to sunset, the Gentile is from midnight to midnight.

Jesus dies at sundown Wednesday and rises on sundown Saturday evening, the beginning of "the first day of the week." If He dies on Thursday then He rises on Monday, and that breaks the Scriptures.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 07-17-2009, 01:52 AM

No the Catholic error is a Friday crucifixion, ask one and see. That has been the standard teaching for years, until someone noticed it could not be right.

A Wednesday crucifixion makes three nights and four days, since Christ was in the tomb before sundown, Wednesday counts as a day. And on top of that Christ would have to have risen before dark Saturday to keep it from being four nights, absolutely making it a Saturday resurrection, if so we better become SDA's.

I went through this for weeks, and a Thursday Crucifixion is the only way it works out correctly. Also it fulfills all the Old Testament feast days, and the Passover to a tee. Except three, which his return will also probably be timed to fulfill. One being the Feast of Tabernacles, the others I don't recall right now.