Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Sis Jassy said:

Welcome to the club of meek and quiet spirits, who sometimes are a bit "hot-headed"!
LoL That was funny I have to say I struggle in this area myself, but then I'm letting out no secret there!

You share a wonderful testimony and I thank you for sharing. We don't see eye to eye on everything but I do think that you have exemplified a meek and quiet spirit in the occasions I've talked with you. I don't consider "meek and quiet" as in always saying nothing, keeping your mouth shut, but having a quiet spirit. More of a heart attitude that your mouth will speak from.

Be blessed!!!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-01-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Sis Jassy,

And one more thing. You are NOT allowed to start any more threads!
Sis Jennifer,

Point taken!! I'm resting a bit from my thread posting.

Jassy
Old 08-01-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda S. View Post
LoL That was funny I have to say I struggle in this area myself, but then I'm letting out no secret there!

You share a wonderful testimony and I thank you for sharing. We don't see eye to eye on everything but I do think that you have exemplified a meek and quiet spirit in the occasions I've talked with you. I don't consider "meek and quiet" as in always saying nothing, keeping your mouth shut, but having a quiet spirit. More of a heart attitude that your mouth will speak from.

Be blessed!!!
Sis Amanda,

I'm glad you enjoyed my little interjection of humor there. Thank you for your kind words. As you had said in another thread (I daresay I wouldn't want to be called upon to search and find it!!) - "the Lord knows my heart." None of us are perfect, yet the Lord does, indeed, know our hearts, for both good and bad.

Genesis 6:5 - And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

1 Kings 8:39 - Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men (see also 2 Chronicles 6:30)

1 Chronicles 28:9 - And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

Psalm 44:21 - Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

Psalm 139:23 - Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

Jeremiah 12:3 - But thou, O LORD, knowest me: thou hast seen me, and tried mine heart toward thee:...

Matthew 9:4 - And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts? (see also Luke 5:22, 24:38)

Luke 16:15 - And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Acts 1:24 - And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

Acts 15:8 - And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, given them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

Romans 8:27 - And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

1 John 3:20 - For if our hearts condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Revelation 2:23 - And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and the hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Some of these, of course, apply only to Israel or to unbelievers. But God knows our heart, both good and bad that dwells there.

Jassy
Old 08-01-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha sister Jennifer,

Both you and Jassy are doing a great job in your Posting! If we were not separated by such a distance, it would be a real pleasure for Renee and I to to fellowship with you and brother John and sister Jassy. {Maybe we could learn sign language - she is such a blessed sister in the Lord.}
Brother George,

That is just a partial quote - that was so sweet to say, brother! I am blessed by the fellowship of believers here. Thank you so much for your encouragement, it is wonderful to read.

I probably won't make it to Hawaii - I can't swim!! Jennifer and I don't live near one another, but a bit closer than the island. I hope one day to meet all of the precious brothers and sisters in the Lord, which would be a blessing to be able to do before meeting together with the glorious Lord in heaven!

Jassy
Old 08-01-2009, 04:01 PM

Default Re: "Acceptable/Unacceptable Reasons for Divorce"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Brother George,

That is just a partial quote - that was so sweet to say, brother! I am blessed by the fellowship of believers here. Thank you so much for your encouragement, it is wonderful to read.

I probably won't make it to Hawaii - I can't swim!! Jennifer and I don't live near one another, but a bit closer than the island. I hope one day to meet all of the precious brothers and sisters in the Lord, which would be a blessing to be able to do before meeting together with the glorious Lord in heaven!

Jassy
Aloha sister Jassy,

We no longer live in Hawaii (couldn't afford to stay). I moved to Hawaii in 1968, got married to an Island girl (all of 4" 11" tall - Filipino/Chinese/Spanish) in 1961, and God blessed us with seven wonderful children.

Renee and I have been married for over 48 years now, and I can say this from the bottom of my heart - that in all my life I have never met a woman (no not one) who could come even close to her in her devotion to her children (as a mother), and to me (as my wife). Having said that - she hasn't had many "Chrsitian" women "friends", because most of them have been jealous of her "example" of what a "Christian" woman, wife, and mother should be, and so most have them have avoided her, which has suited us just fine.

Renee and I moved to Oklahoma in December of last year (first time she had ever been to the "mainland" USA, and the first time for me in 50 years).

Hawaii is probably one of the most beautiful places on Earth, and the Island of Kauai, the "Garden Island", where we lived for most of that time, is without a doubt, the prettiest of all the Islands, BUT, with the cost of a modest house and about 10,000 square feet of land costing on average $650,000, ordinary folks cannot afford to live there on a modest income.

Perhaps someday, we may have an opportunity to meet you down here - if not, I know that we will meet "UP THERE".

Aloha in Hawaiian is a "greeting" (Hello); and it also means "farewell" (Goodbye); but my favorite of all, is that it also means "LOVE". If you will notice I do not say "Aloha" to everyone, it's a term of "endearment" and not everyone is deserving of a loving greeting!

Aloha nui loa ("with very much love"), from both of us to you. God bless and keep you always, your fellow brother and sister in Christ,

George & Irene Anderson
Old 08-01-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Sis Jennifer,

Welcome to the club of meek and quiet spirits, who sometimes are a bit "hot-headed"! You can read my post to sis Renee for more info on the background of how I got from point A to point B. However, I caution you that I don't recommend going deaf! LOL

Isn't it wonderful that we have such "ensamples"? I am very thankful to the Lord for them.

You have a wonderful spirit Jennifer. I've seen that, in your communications with me and others, when you feel you've been wrong, you will humbly apologize - even if I haven't seen where you've been wrong. That has been a great "ensample" for me, sis.

Jassy
Jassy,

I've been thinking about the Apostle John lately. He is so much like David. Many times when I think about David I am overcome with emotion. I can't keep my eyes dry when I read about David and what he wrote. I believe that is a manifestation of the Holy Spirit's intense love for him. The Godhead loves, He is a Person, He has emotions but they are Righteous emotions. I believe He loves David in a special way (as He loves John) because David's hearts desire was to KNOW God to a degree that few if any have aspired to. I am a "follower" of Paul and I want to be a "follower" of David and John, "The Apostle of Love". All of this to say that I know that a meek and quiet spirit is not something that can be "attained" on it's own, it is a fruit of knowing Him.

Psalms 42:1-2 To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah. As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

You are truly blessed, sister.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

In Him,

Jen

Last edited by greenbear; 08-01-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Aloha sister Jennifer,

Both you and Jassy are doing a great job in your Posting! If we were not separated by such a distance, it would be a real pleasure for Renee and I to to fellowship with you and brother John and sister Jassy. {Maybe we could learn sign language - she is such a blessed sister in the Lord.}

Please notice another "boo boo" (amongst many) that Amanda made when she said: "If I was involved in a sin that was going to bring down the wrath of God on me or the body of believers I should hope someone would say something to me!"

You might inform her (although it will do little good) that we born again Christians are NOT "appointed" to "God's WRATH", but unto His Salvation!
This is one of those very "BASIC" Scriptural "FACTS" that all Christians with even a modicum of Scriptural knowledge, discernment, and understanding should have. I wonder how Amanda "missed" it and "MISSPOKE" (once again)?
Aloha nui loa, brother George,

You and Renee in Broken Arrow, OK, Jassy in WI, John and I in OH, wouldn't it be nice if we could meet somewhere in the middle (or at any corner) of that triangle someday? The fellowship would be tremendous. What joy! When I told Jassy that I'm not sure how great I would be at sign language, (I'm not overly coordinated), we joked that we could sit together in the living room with our laptops and chat with each other!

I love you all in the Spirit of Christ,

Jennifer
Old 08-01-2009, 06:34 PM

Default Bro. George

Apparently you misunderstood, it was neither a lack of knowledge nor a case of having misspoke; it was a case of figurative speech and hyperbole.

You know, like when Jesus said “strain at a gnat and swallow a camel".....?

Surely you admit that Jesus didn’t mean the Pharisees literally swallowed a camel?

Likewise I didn’t mean that any believer literally fell under the wrath of God. Of course we (and those in the local assembly - see I Cor. 11:30) still suffer consequences of sin, and in what I thought was an obvious case of hyperbole, I referred to it as the wrath of God.

In common speech (which I use on this forum) this is not rare. Other examples are “raining cats and dogs,” and “laughed my head off,” and “I’ve told you a thousand times.”

In the above example, I thought it was a safe exaggeration because as far as I know everyone involved in the discussion believes a Christian cannot lose his salvation and fall under the literal wrath of God.

But, because evidently my posts are being gone over with a fine tooth comb (another hyperbole ) and my word usage is being criticized - for those who are unfamiliar with basic literary devices I will be more careful in the future.

Thank you Bro. George for looking out for me!
Old 08-01-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Aloha sister Jassy,

We no longer live in Hawaii (couldn't afford to stay). I moved to Hawaii in 1968, got married to an Island girl (all of 4" 11" tall - Filipino/Chinese/Spanish) in 1961, and God blessed us with seven wonderful children.

Renee and I have been married for over 48 years now, and I can say this from the bottom of my heart - that in all my life I have never met a woman (no not one) who could come even close to her in her devotion to her children (as a mother), and to me (as my wife). Having said that - she hasn't had many "Chrsitian" women "friends", because most of them have been jealous of her "example" of what a "Christian" woman, wife, and mother should be, and so most have them have avoided her, which has suited us just fine.

Renee and I moved to Oklahoma in December of last year (first time she had ever been to the "mainland" USA, and the first time for me in 50 years).

Hawaii is probably one of the most beautiful places on Earth, and the Island of Kauai, the "Garden Island", where we lived for most of that time, is without a doubt, the prettiest of all the Islands, BUT, with the cost of a modest house and about 10,000 square feet of land costing on average $650,000, ordinary folks cannot afford to live there on a modest income.

Perhaps someday, we may have an opportunity to meet you down here - if not, I know that we will meet "UP THERE".

Aloha in Hawaiian is a "greeting" (Hello); and it also means "farewell" (Goodbye); but my favorite of all, is that it also means "LOVE". If you will notice I do not say "Aloha" to everyone, it's a term of "endearment" and not everyone is deserving of a loving greeting!

Aloha nui loa ("with very much love"), from both of us to you. God bless and keep you always, your fellow brother and sister in Christ,

George & Irene Anderson
Aloha Brother George & Sister Renee,

Thank you for your personal history, I've always been very interested in history - whether biblical, world, U.S., local or personal! I think that I acquired that interest in history from my father, who was always fascinated with history, often reading history books or watching historical documentaries on TV.

My brother and his wife have vacationed in Maui. They enjoyed it very much. I think they did some island jumping... to see other parts of Hawaii. He did tell me that prices there are VERY high in Hawaii and that it would be extremely expensive to live there.

A long time ago, I'd been to either Stilwell or Stillwater, OK. I can't remember which now. I visited a college friend there. They look to be about 1 hour and a half to an hour and 40 minutes from Broken Arrow. What I remember most about that city I was in were the many, many oil wells. I've been to around 28 of our 50 states thus far.

I would dearly love to meet you and your wife Renee. I am not the least bit jealous of her example of what a Christian woman should be. I would love to soak up the benefit of her experiences and her example. That opportunity would make me very happy. That's sad, and to their own detriment, that other Christian women would avoid her. Too many throw away the jewels in life - those blessed examples that we are given to grow in grace and knowledge, by learning from an elder with more wisdom. FOOLISH choice!

Jassy
Old 08-03-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Sis. Renee said: This one I cannot keep my mouth shut on. You should have quoted all of the verses below not just from verse 30.......It really bugs me when someone twist and wrest the scriptures........As you can see, here we are speaking of The Lord's Supper. When we eat unworthily The Lord judges us as only He knows our hearts. Ye also judge yourself for you know your own heart.............
Because I said:

Quote:
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Paul here is telling those Christians in the church to judge the believers in their assembly if they are involved in the sins that are listed here, sins that are commonly reported...Paul has already dealt with this before and rather than heeding his words here they are puffed up and proud that the man is still in their midst, perhaps hoping to "love" him out of his sin. Obviously that is not what Paul told them to do. He told them to put him away mourning not self-righteously, holier than thou...but with a spirit of compassion that he would repent.

I honestly think that if you were to consider the heart attitude, the sin being dealt with and the effect of that sin on the body of believers, the effect of that sin on the man himself that you would see why a judgment needs to be made...If you want to use the word discern then I've no problem with that but the Bible does use judge...But discern doesn't bring to mind any action behind it...making a judgment puts action on the discernment if you will.

Now ideally we should catch these sins in ourselves...Consider this:

I Cor 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.

To which I clearly explained myself:

Quote:
Amen sister! Only the Lord can judge our hearts...Before the Lord's Supper one is to examine his heart for any unconfessed sins. If you take the Lord's Supper unworthily and push aside that sin you will be calling God's judgment upon you and you make the church weak, sickly and sleep among you. The context here is the church. If there are people that are bringing God's judgment down on themselves by keeping their sins unconfessed then it WILL have an effect on the whole church.

I guess I didn't make myself clear...If we were to examine our hearts and confess our sins and repent, it would never get to the point of the gross sin mentioned I Cor. 5.
There would not be widely reported fornication or covetousness needing dealt with.
Also, another application to this Scripture is if we would all focus on our own hearts and not glaring around the church at all the people we think have problems then would there be no opportunity for "church discipline" so to speak.

Thank you sister! Great point!

I was just wondering Sis. Renee. Are you still accusing me of twisting and wresting the Bible in this instance????