Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:52 PM

Pardon me, sir, I must have been mistaken!!! You are a gentleman, indeed.

Last edited by greenbear; 07-19-2009 at 01:15 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-19-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
Who is saying "he's not coming now?" Not me -- the person you are replying to. I said I believe the coming of Christ is imminent. Who is this person who is saying he can't come back before the 2011? Who dares limit Christ in that way?

I understand your point, but you are being highly technical by saying we can put a year on the return because Scripture only says we can't put a "day" or "hour" on it.

Look at it this way: by 2011, there will have been over 1900 years since the Lord was working his earthly ministry. That's over 7,600 "seasons." I don't think anybody should be nailing down a particular "season" just because he can "get away" with not saying what day during the season.

If 2012 comes without the return of Christ, what will you do with the false prophets that said he would return in 2011?
Brother Brandon,

I apologize if I spoke wrongly or if I supported something that you disagree with. One thing I wish to make clear: I'm not the one who PREDICTED the Fall 2011 date. I agree 100% that Christ could come ANY time. That is why I say it's POSSIBLE. I'm not a date-setter. You will never find me giving a time, day, month, season or year when the Lord will return. You are totally correct that 2012 could come and go by without the return of Christ.

I'm sorry if I said something that gave the wrong impression that I totally agreed with the date of Fall 2011. Saying that something MAY or COULD happen does not mean that it WILL. And I am not the type of person to be setting dates or following after someone who does that.

While it's possible that the Lord COULD return in 2011. It's also possible that He could return tomorrow or an undetermined number of years or "seasons" from now.

I didn't mean that I could put a year or a seaon on it. I wouldn't be so foolish to do that. People can speculate all they like - it doesn't mean that it will happen... nor that I agree it will happen.

I apologize if I said something wrong or if I seemed to agree with a date of 2011. I want to make it clear that I don't agree. The FACT remains that Christ told us only to WATCH and BE READY.

My concern is mostly for complacent Christians who think they have all the time in the world; therefore, they're not watching, nor will they be ready, if the LORD should return soon.

I apologize again if something that I wrote offended you. It was certainly not intentional. I have great respect for you and I love this forum and the blessed opportunity that it provides for me to fellowship with other KJV Bible believers.

Jassy
Old 07-19-2009, 04:16 PM

Most days I am praying the Lord comes before I can even hit the "submit" button on a post!
I know in this life we have family, new marriages in the Lord, new parents expecting their first Child. My Sister in fact is to give Birth to my new niece in September (God willing), and On one hand I pray that the Lord may Tarry just a little while longer, but in every waking second until that time we hear that blessed call, I hope and pray my eyes are fixed and focused homeward-bound, looking for the Glorious appearing of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I don't want to know when, I just want to be ready.
Even so...Come Lord Jesus.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Old 07-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
I apologize again if something that I wrote offended you. It was certainly not intentional. I have great respect for you and I love this forum and the blessed opportunity that it provides for me to fellowship with other KJV Bible believers.
I was not offended in the least. You don't have to worry about that. :-)
Old 07-19-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
actually Jen,

I never set a date. I really just added numbers and subtracted numbers according to our current time table Calender.

However I don't tell people this is a for sure event. so many times people do that and God proves them wrong. I know God could prove it wrong.

But if it were that close and you knew it what would you do? Sell you house? give all your possessions away?

I know I wouldn't. that is what the early church did and many ended up poor and destitute. Paul was commissioned to bring them money so they could survive.

No, live each day as if he will come and reach out to others with the word of God. Keep to your responsibilities of family like he wont return for 1000 years.

Actually I am not a date setter. Like I said it is amusing and speculative. Others use numbers to speculate or see great things in numbers God uses. this is no different.
Chette,

Sorry I had such a strong response. I feel strongly about the issue. I know you aren't setting a date. Although I don't agree with trying to look for a possible date, it seems like the time is near. I think of how christians must have felt in times of heavy persecution in the past (and presently, in some parts of the globe). And during times when would be anti-christs have appeared on the world scene. I don't think we can say that the 7 year tribulation necessarily starts directly after the rapture (I'm not saying you think that, either) because everything would have to line up just right but we know we could be raptured at any moment.

I'm glad you bring up the fact that we should live each day as if He will come and reach out to others. I would covet your prayers that I would be given that boldness. I look forward to meeting you in glory someday.

blessings,

Jen
Old 07-19-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
The moral law is not in place. This is seventh day adventist teaching that originated in the reformed church which came out of Rome.

There is only one law in place. The law of liberty in Christ. We are not "free to keep the law" we are "free to let Christ be our life!". We look to him. We let ourselves be taken away by His holiness and beauty. The righteousness of the law is fulfilled in Him. His life in us will produce fruits that will last forever.

"For sin shall not have dominion over you for Ye are not under law, but under grace!"

Do you want to live a holy life? GET RID OF THE LAW! The law is the ministration of SIN and DEATH!

How do we live?

Galatians 2:20

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

LAW has no part in a Christians life. The Christians life is CHRIST'S life in us (Col 3:4).
Quote:
The moral law is not in place. This is seventh day adventist teaching that originated in the reformed church which came out of Rome.
I did not realize that, Brother Luke. I don't know a lot about the "Seventh Day Adventist". I have a friend (older brother) who continually reminds me that we are not obligated to keep the ceremonial laws but we are to keep the "Ten Commandments" (moral law). He quotes Hebrews a lot. "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more" (Hebrews 10:16-17). He is a former (years ago) "Seventh Day Adventist" preacher.

Quote:
There is only one law in place. The law of liberty in Christ. We are not "free to keep the law" we are "free to let Christ be our life!". We look to him. We let ourselves be taken away by His holiness and beauty. The righteousness of the law is fulfilled in Him. His life in us will produce fruits that will last forever.
Well said.

I may be wrong here, but it seems to me that God gave two commandments that are directed to us today:
1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
Scripture certainly supports this truth:
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

1 Thessalonians 4:9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:49 PM

the funny thing is Forrest is the 10 commandment are both moral and ceremonial. But the Sabbath day observance is most definitely a Ceremonial law as no ceremonies could be done outside the Sabbath day and were done in the temple. Sacrifices were done on the Sabbath those are Ceremonial. the Bible will makes fools of them if they would believe it.