Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:35 AM

Default Respect for Ones in Authority

1 Timothy 2:2 "For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."

1 Peter 2:17 "Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king."

Romans 13:1 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

My assistant pastor preached a good message on obedience this morning. He preached on the church being in obedience to the Pastor, women to their husband, body of Christ to Christ, children to parents, people to their ruler, etc.

What really convicted me was when he said we should have respect for the ones that have power and are in high positions, such as the President and Senators. That includes Obama, Hillary, McCain, Bush, etc.

I know we don't have to agree with them on their beliefs and issues, but should we disrespect them? Maybe instead of disrespecting them we should just state the reasons why we don't like them. Example, I was against Hillary because I don't believe in women rulers. I'm against Obama because I don't like his issues, like his issue on abortion. I prefer McCain and Palin over the other party, but I still think there shouldn't be a woman as a Vice President, although I do like Sarah Palin and admire her stand for God and what is right.

Any more comments or thoughts?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software