Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:33 PM

I think Dr. Peter Ruckman is the BEST God called preacher alive, but I still don't believe in UFO's. I've listened to his tapes on the UFO's and it is just not enough to convince me. I believe that the government has planes that people don't know about and they test them out and people think they are UFO's. I'm sure that is not always the case though. I've been outside and looked at the night sky. Your mind gets to wondering and you see all kinds of things. Satellites, plane lights...I mean there is a lot of things out there that can be mistaken for a UFO. I'm not saying that I completely disagree with there being UFO's. I'm just saying that I would need to study it a little bit more.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-25-2009, 05:53 PM

Cody

First of all, I am not a Ruckmanite. I heard about Peter Ruckman many years ago, I have heard of dozens of great preachers. But I am not a follower of any, I do not have a single book by him. I did listen to a short sermon by him on YouTube a few months ago, I believe that is the only sermon by Ruckman I have ever heard. I possibly heard one many years ago, but I can't recall it.

You can believe my report or not. I completely understand if you don't, it is very confusing when you see one of these things, it is very easy to question your own self. But, I saw what I saw, and I paid careful attention to what I saw. And I will not deny what I saw. As I posted before, I am a careful observer who grew up around air bases all my life. I lived near Eglin AFB when I lived in Fort Walton Beach, Fla, later Tyndall AFB when we lived in Panama City, Fla. (where I was saved), and later in Jacksonville, Fla., where my dad worked at the NARF (Naval Air Rework Facility) until his retirement. I have been around aircraft all my life, and my dream as a boy was to be a pilot. If you would have asked me when I was 15 years old, I could have identified any military aircraft in the air. I could have told you the length, wingspan, weight, engine, and many other details, that is how into aircraft I was. I can't do that now, although I still can recognize older aircraft most of the time. But I don't study it like I did when I was young.

And my sightings were not little lights in the distance. These objects were very close, within several hundred feet at most. They were very easy to see in detail, even at night (I saw one in daylight).

So, you can believe me or not. I did not write this for attention. I am not a kid who needs attention, if you knew anyone that knows me personally, they would tell you that I like to be left alone most of the time. I don't usually talk about this subject, but if someone sincerely wants to talk about it, then I will tell of my experiences. I do not know why I have seen these objects multiple times, that has always puzzled me. But I saw what I saw, and am convinced that these were not military, or any other man-made flying objects.

As Bro Parrish pointed out, literally thousands of reports of UFOs by very credible persons such as airline and military pilots, and even police officers have been made. I am sure some were mistaken, but to believe all were mistaken is to be willingly naive.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:01 PM

You should start listening to Dr. Ruckman's weekly sermons, brother. He has a new one every Friday morning. I'm telling you, you're missing out.

http://kjv1611.org/downloads.html

I take your word for it, but I'd like to see one for myself. Not doubting you at all though.

I wouldn't say I'm a follower of Dr. Ruckman because I don't agree with him on everything, but I do agree with him on most things. I don't see it as a bad thing if a person was a follower of Dr. Ruckman, nor if they was a follower of Paul.

1 Corinthians 11:1 "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." KJV
Old 05-25-2009, 06:10 PM

Cody

When I was young, I was curious myself, and desired to see one. But when I did see one, it was very disturbing.

This may sound strange to you, but I did not question what it was I saw that first time. I knew what it was. I did not believe it to be a spacecraft from another world, or even some secret military aircraft. I knew instantly that it was a spiritual craft, and that it's purpose was to attempt to deceive me.

No, my question was "WHY did I see this thing?"

I tell you, I actually think of these sightings as personal attacks at me. They can't fool me, but why do they try? And why did God allow me to see them? Is there a reason or purpose I was allowed to see these things?

And I do not dabble with the occult and never have. That stuff scares the daylights out of me.

And I hope I never see one of those wierd beings. I trust in the Lord, but I think that would frighten me very badly. Just seeing these flying objects is bad enough.

Don't desire to see them, it is not really a good experience whatsoever.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:34 PM

What about Ezekiels vision of Wheels? Ezekiel Chpt 1v15 and 10v9

Zechariah was prophetic like Ezekiel,so was the flying rolls an actual sighting or a vision?

There are preachers who use Ezekiel as an example for UFO's ,so the same could be said with Zechariah.

I personally havn't seen UFO's,and think they are probably something the Air Force may have been testing like the F117 Nighthawk,F22 Raptor,B2 stealth bombers,Drones etc.. and many others that are being tested now that none of us know about.

Although, if there were UFO's,i would think that it would have to be in line with the Rapture.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:36 PM

Ezekial describes cherubs flying through the air carrying the throne of the Lord. It certainly wasn't a U.F.O. As for Zechariah, it definitely sounds like he's describing a U.F.O. especially when he describes the women who sit in the midst of a flying object. Not only that but the most common shape of U.F.O.s that have been sighted are cigar shaped or roll shaped much like that is described in Zechariah and by bro. Winman.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:54 PM

Clarence Larkin believes in spaceships

In his book of Charts, one of the charts is called "Types and Anti-Types".

The Ark of Noah, according to Larkin, has an anti-type - a Giant Space Zeppelin that will take transfer the Tribulation Saints from earth to the millennial earth while the earth is being regenerated by fire.

At least that's what I understood from looking at the chart. I haven't actually read what he wrote in regards to it. But Space Zeppelins are cool. Sounds like Larkin thought the future was a bit steampunk...
Old 05-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Bro. Parrish

It's all very interesting, but it's also obvious to me that Zechariah is full of imagery and visions; for example we have the red horses and myrtle trees in chapter 1. We have the candlestick, lamps and olive branches or the two anointed ones in chapter 4. We have the chariots and different colored horses (four spirits of the heavens) in chapter 6, etc. so clearly there is a LOT of symbolism going on... at any rate, I think we can agree that chapter 5 is peculiar portion of the Bible...

A few thoughts below on the passage in Zech. 5...

First, it would seem that the flying roll (whatever else it may have been) is a CURSE, however I am not sure exactly what the rest of verse 3 means, see below...

3 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it.

Now verse 4 indicates the LORD of hosts is bringing this thing out, notice how it enters the house of THIEVES AND LIARS...

4 I will bring it forth, saith the LORD of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

5 Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth.

It would seem possible that there are others like this, and they are ALL OVER THE EARTH, and look similar...

6 And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.

7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.

As I understand it, the "ephah" is a type of BASKET, used to transport items inside...

8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.

Now below we see these women, who might be mistaken for ANGELS with wings, however the context is a CURSE, AND WICKEDNESS, and we know angels in the Bible are males not female...

9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

They are carrying or transporting the basket somewhere, and they are FLYING with WINGS, but where are they going?...

10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?

And here is where they are going; to build or construct a HOUSE or DWELLING for this thing in THE LAND OF SHINAR, where it shall be set upon a base designed and built for this thing...

11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.

As I understand it, this LAND OF SHINAR is located in modern day IRAQ, also the former location of THE TOWER OF BABEL. Please feel free to research this yourselves and let me know if I am way out in left field here...
Old 05-25-2009, 10:53 PM

Hmm, yeah, the land of Shinar was the location of the tower of Babel which is where Babylon was or very close to it, and would also be modern day Iraq.

Gen 10:10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.

Dan 1:1 In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it.
Dan 1:2 And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.

That's pretty interesting since the European Union reconstructed their own version of the tower of Babel, but it wasn't in Iraq. :P

The only info available on the ephah is that it's some kind of measurement but the text makes it out to be some kind of vessel. Maybe it's an ephah of lead talents being carried in a vessel. There is definitely some kind of vessel there because the angel casts a lead talent and casts it on the mouth of it or else he casts it on the mouth of the woman.

Last edited by kevinvw; 05-25-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Bro. Parrish

Yes brother, it is pretty interesting isn't it...