General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:13 AM

Default An appeal to Greenbear

Greenbear, I know that you have said that you were leaving, but I hope that you will see this and respond. I left a post in the "Noah/Ham" thread referring to this post.

I appeal to you to continue posting on the forum. I ask you to do so on two levels: First, and seriously, we are family. When a believer is offended and leaves fellowship with another believer who is the offender, the offender has no opportunity to correct the offense as Matthew 5:23-24 instructs us to do. Yesterday evening, this passage was part of our Bible study, and I asked for prayer to have the opportunity to be reconciled to you.

Second, and much sillier, you and I have a character flaw in common. We are cat servants. My wife and I I have been the continuous custodians and personal servants to scores of cats for to last 40+ years. All of these were strays or the offspring of them. Twice we had 20+ at one time. For some time now, we have been caretakers for three cats. "Chatty" is a siamese-mix that we have had for about 14 years. She came to us pregnant. Before we finally managed to get her "fixed", she blessed us with two large litters that she promptly abandoned. Feeding screaming kittens in the middle of the night for two months is a chore. "Sweety" has been with us for about 15 years. Her name is very befitting in that her only desire is to sit in one's lap and be scratched. Finally, we have "Jack". He showed up as a young kitten in our backyard one very early morning crying at the top of his voice. It took several days on work to finally get my hands on him. He is now grown, but has real people issues. We can pet him when he wants to eat, but he stays hidden the rest of the time. Even our dog "Chevy" loves cats.

So I can't be all that bad, now can I?

I desire to reconcile with you. If that is possible, please respond.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-09-2009, 12:59 PM

Brother Tim,

I'm not doing a very good job of leaving, am I? I've never been in a fellowship before so I've never seen first hand how the Lord works through one. I may have some "Book smarts" but no "street smarts", so to speak. Now that I am I can see how intricately the Lord works in His body.

I was upset because I felt I was being misunderstood and nobody was acknowledging what I was saying. That frustration grew into hurt and reached a point where I was unable to deal with it so I sought relief by posting my frustration and my viewpoint and leaving the forum. I believe the Lord has used this somewhat analagous situation to make me take notice of Pam and why she has been so angry with George (and me to a lesser extent). She just deals with her frustration and hurt differently than I do. I think we both had our own 'meltdowns" according to our own weaknesses.

Anyway, from interactions you and I have had in the past I wasn't sure if you were predisposed to be fair in your opinion of what I posted or even read them. What I posted about you may be somewhat my viewpoint on the circumstances on that particular thread but they were communicated to relieve my own psychic pain and not to edify you or anybody else. Fot that I am sorry. We are not to judge others simply because we do the same things that we judge others for and usually worse. I do apologize that you were the public target of my frustration. You give a good example in how you have handled it. God is glorified and His body is knit together more closely, as a result.

I definitely desire reconciliation with you brother Tim. I think of how when I first joined this forum how you were the first person to show kindness to me and I've always appreciated that.

I know what you mean about how much work it is having a litter of kittens. We took in a stray pregnant cat a few years ago and she blessed us with a litter of eight!!! It really was a joy, though. By the Lord's grace we found homes for all the kittens and even the mommy! Last I heard she's in Kansas City. We kept one of the kittens, his name is Piggy, he's been a terrible glutton since the day he was first born. He's one of our two favorites but we try not to show it. Hand feeding two litters of abandoned (by their mother) kittens! I have no idea how you and your wife pulled that off. What a lot of work. And I have no idea how you managed to care for 20+ cats at one time! You are a greater cat servant than I am. My husband is real softy for cats, too. So he's not much help in restraining my "rescue" instincts.

In Christ,

Jennifer
Old 07-09-2009, 01:42 PM

The local Humane Society has a special on cats. Usually they are $100 each, but are "on sale" for $35. I have to drive by the big front window twice a day. I refuse to go in because I know that I would not leave alone. { plus my wife would have a fit.}

If it is alright with you, I will mentally erase the other post, and not try to justify myself. Sufficient to say, that I was not directing any of my comments toward you personally or even collectively. My beef was with the false connection of Black slavery with Canaan's curse, not with anyone who erroneously supported it. KingSolomon does not believe it. I think that Chette does not, though he will not discuss it. I am happy to end that discussion. George has forgiven me, and you are not mad at me, so I'm cool.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:12 PM

Brother Tim's
Quote:
If it is alright with you, I will mentally erase the other post
What other post??? I've forgotten already!

When we go into Petsmart my husband steers me away from the cats up for adoption!